• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
Pressure is mounting on Virginia Democratic Gov. Ralph Northam to resign. Northam, who apologized earlier Friday for appearing in a racist yearbook photo showing one person dressed in blackface and another in the Ku Klux Klan's signature white hood and robes, became a politician with few allies after a series of calls from prominent Virginia Democrats loosened the governor's hold on his job.

But in a major moment later Friday evening, the caucus called on Northam to resign in a shift that signaled he was losing some key supporters.
"We just finished meeting with the governor. We fully appreciate all that he has contributed to our Commonwealth. But given what was revealed today, it is clear that he can no longer effectively serve as Governor. It is time for him to resign, so that Virginia can begin the process of healing," the caucus said in a statement.

Northam, for his part, has vowed to finish his one and only term as Virginia governor, issuing a video statement on Friday evening where he apologized but pledged to remain in office. "I cannot change the decisions I made nor can I undo the harm my behavior caused then and today," he said, saying he accepts responsibility for his actions. "I am committed to continuing that fight."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/01/politics/democrats-call-on-northam-to-resign/index.html

vkxnMqm.jpg

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
There is a thread for this on the front page.

If your news is over an hour old, especially hot things like this, you bet your ass it has a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.