• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Catspit

Oct 27, 2017
"As far as I know, you have to come in 1st. I thought top 3 was enough but it didn't work for me (unless the patch fixed that)."

thanks... this is what I thought

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
so michael condrey tweeted that they've accidentally had 2xp activated since launch, and that this weekend was actually 3xp. what? there's no way either of those things are true unless the base leveling rate is waaay slower than past games for no reason.

If thats true were taking what, 35 hours per prestige? 350 hours for prestige 10 or 14 days? That seems like a ton of hours to reach max.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they fucked up and launched with 2XP as default will probably hurt the game for a number of people when they realize how slow the standard earn rate is.

At its core, the game is very much the same every year. How did they manage to mess up the launch so much?

Catspit

Oct 27, 2017
"As far as I know, you have to come in 1st. I thought top 3 was enough but it didn't work for me (unless the patch fixed that)."

thanks... this is what I thought

looks like the patch fixed it. just came in 2nd and finished the order. (I was in the top 3 multiple times before the patch and it never worked)

Catspit

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that they fucked up and launched with 2XP as default will probably hurt the game for a number of people when they realize how slow the standard earn rate is.

At its core, the game is very much the same every year. How did they manage to mess up the launch so much?

This is pretty worrying to me as I find the xp before the 3xp was fine. With out the 2xp its going to be a huge sludge and feel insanely slow/grindy

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
I am loving this game so much. Had another great night last night. My only complaint is how slow it is to level your divisions. I tried all three out a bit but then I decided to focus on one. I am level 41 overall and I still haven't been able to prestige my division yet. I open up crates as soon as I get them hoping to get division xp up boosts.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Been following this thread since launch.

Want to play it, but there seem to be so many complaints about hit detection and net code.

Maybe it will be on sale during black Friday.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
The potential the game has is incredible, that's why for me these problems are even more annoying.

Because beneath is good game. Anyways, I picked up Wolfenstien: TNC this morning in case I get too annoyed by WW2.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I am loving this game so much. Had another great night last night. My only complaint is how slow it is to level your divisions. I tried all three out a bit but then I decided to focus on one. I am level 41 overall and I still haven't been able to prestige my division yet. I open up crates as soon as I get them hoping to get division xp up boosts.

I find them pretty quick to level up. I've maxed Infantry, Airborne is prestige 2 and the other 3 have been prestiged once.

Prestige 4 is the max, btw.

Maybe I've just gotten lucky with those bonus division xp from crates but yea, they haven't seem too bad. Let's hope they increase the max because 4 is too low.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
You enjoyed BLOP3 and you are liking this?!

I also hate those three!

Damn... You might have just convinced me to buy this.

I've put my faith in you.

Lol don't, I still don't enjoy it as much as BLOPS 3 because of the connection issues/hit detection , lack of map flow and some other issues.

But it was better than all 3 of those garbage games.

Rent it and see how it goes.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
So what all is broken or an issue?

Headquarters - no matchmaking for it leaves it empty
Disconnect at match completion - not sure the cause
host migrations during matches
XP gain was doubled accidentally from launch
Espionage seems OP
lack of maps
Challenges encouraging people to try to get pistol/launcher kills, often making them useless to the team
Friendly AI in campaign is...let's say less than helpful.

I find myself strangely bothered by the way multiple emotes have exactly the same animation, they just 'say' different things alongside it.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's been 2XP since launch? LMAO.

Im wondering why I'm almost 4th prestige...

This game is going to suck after they end 2XP, isn't it?

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
I don't use the suppressor that often. I feel like there is a range trade off.
You're looking at a 30% range reduction. I only put on the suppressor when I'm pulling off flanks.

The map situation will be a real problem for me long-term. There aren't that many base maps (9 in comparison to BO3 and IW's 12), and the quality is so much worse than IW and BO3. I enjoy only 2 of those maps (Ardennes, Sainte Marie du Mont), and those 2 maps probably wouldn't rank in my top 10 of maps from BO3/IW/WW2. Meanwhile WW2 has 3 of the 5 worst maps from BO3/IW/WW2. Of course I could buy the season pass to fix this, but I refuse to buy it because it splits up the matchmaking pool, and Activision is now swimming in money from microtransactions.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My brother got this for me as a surprise. I'm actually having a ton of fun with it! No server issues yet, games I've been in have been smooth and I've been getting rekt but I'm having fun with it. If Battlefront 2 doesn't pan out, I may actually be fine with just this for the moment.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving the last days of playing. Wasn't having this much fun with COD since MW3. The game, at its basic, is really fun to play. Gunplay is as solid as ever and I really like the way the guns work and the way the bullets hit your enemies (not when there's hit detection lag involved).
They did good with going back to the basics. The division system feels a little limiting, but avoids having "super soldiers" on the field and is a more balanced approach to the perk system. It also motivates you to create very different classes and styles of play.
War mode is great. There are only 3 maps and it's nothing ground breaking but it fits the series really well, and people should be talking more about it (the series is criticized for not bringing anything new and I feel that this is the first good "new" thing in the mp for many years). It's fun to do the objectives and don't care about K/Dr. It's also a nice mode to warm up and try new weapons/classes.

There's still a lot to polish and there's no excuse for the amount of bugs/lag with the launch for a series like this. They should've known better. But when it works, it really works. Regarding the 2XP, I had the idea that I was leveling much faster than I remembered from AW (specially on war). It will indeed feel a little bit of a grind when they take it out. But hey, nice bonus for the early birds.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
You're looking at a 30% range reduction. I only put on the suppressor when I'm pulling off flanks.

The map situation will be a real problem for me long-term. There aren't that many base maps (9 in comparison to BO3 and IW's 12), and the quality is so much worse than IW and BO3. I enjoy only 2 of those maps (Ardennes, Sainte Marie du Mont), and those 2 maps probably wouldn't rank in my top 10 of maps from BO3/IW/WW2. Meanwhile WW2 has 3 of the 5 worst maps from BO3/IW/WW2. Of course I could buy the season pass to fix this, but I refuse to buy it because it splits up the matchmaking pool, and Activision is now swimming in money from microtransactions.

I'm not that crazy about the maps either. I love running shotgun on Pointe de Hoc though.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I have been having a lot of luck lately running the fast reloads running and gunning. I rarely use the suppressor though, just seems to take too many hits to kill someone with an SMG.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm delighted now I've got silent footsteps, 2x tripmines, I can play FFA like the absolute dick that I am. Very much missing danger close + grenade launcher however.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget guys, tomorrow is the day CoD points go live.

Gotta get that in game currency out to buy the drops.

I bet that works 100%.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
what's the reason behind entering prestige with your weapon? is it worth it?
Not worth it. I did it once, and nope, never doing that again.

I still can't wrap my head around domination kills being 50 per. I mean, they said they'd change it to 100 but what happened? Before, when my idiot teammates didn't do anything, I can storm enemy flags since I had scorestreaks. Now? Nah. I started the game 7-0 and was in the enemy flag. If I had a UAV by then, I could have gotten the enemy flag alone. But nope. Had to kill as many as I can before running out of ammo.

Speaking of, who's genius was it to have launchers as part of Basic Training? No one uses launchers since they take up valuable space.

I swear, SHG shook things up just to say they're different. There's no reason in changing stuff that works.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
Not worth it. I did it once, and nope, never doing that again.

I still can't wrap my head around domination kills being 50 per. I mean, they said they'd change it to 100 but what happened? Before, when my idiot teammates didn't do anything, I can storm enemy flags since I had scorestreaks. Now? Nah. I started the game 7-0 and was in the enemy flag. If I had a UAV by then, I could have gotten the enemy flag alone. But nope. Had to kill as many as I can before running out of ammo.

Speaking of, who's genius was it to have launchers as part of Basic Training? No one uses launchers since they take up valuable space.

I swear, SHG shook things up just to say they're different. There's no reason in changing stuff that works.
I only prestiged my weapons because it was 2XP weekend, and you get XP for reearning gun levels.

RSTEIN

Nov 13, 2017
I can't believe how horrible this game is. I pump what feels like 10-15 bullets into someone and they just don't drop. I actually haven't experienced any disconnects. At this point I don't even care about the hero fiasco in Battlefront II, it has to be better than this crap.

MrNelson

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I think I can count the number of games on one hand where someone would shoot down scorestreaks.
It's probably because there's no lock-on anymore. In past games I'd have to be quick on the draw to down a UAV, but now I'm the only one bothering to try. It's not like it's difficult. The planes are relatively large, slow moving, and the hitbox is somewhat generous. All you need to do is learn to lead your shot.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria

That's what boosters are there for! I'm airborne prestige lvl 2 and my soldier lvl is 35-37, I think! One thing that p*sses me off is that HQ is still only SP and I can not complete one challenge or routine ( to commentate another player).

I use launchers all the time, because 99% of games no one has them, and those scorestreaks aren't going to shoot themselves down.

Me too! Love the sound of a blowing/crashing recon plane! :)

You can commend at the Lobby screen.

Seriously? I swear I tried everything there is to press in the menu (the one where all players stand heroicly) and I was not able to see how (PS4 btw).

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
The game is really fun when it works, but today on PC pretty much every game has been full of stuttering, disconnects and instant deaths. Broken af