• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love me some snow maps, can I get some night maps, too?

Plaza from BO2
Makin from WaW
Hanoi & Kowloon from BO1

Where's the love?

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
By the way, "Play Of The Game" for COD is one of the oddest ideas I have ever seen. Especially since it ignores quad feeds and the like for... double kills?

It has to be busted.

I did a quad , 3 were headshots , and I'm on winning team. Picked some shmup from loser side who shot knee caps for a double .

Wtf ?

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
Just realized this game has no Gun Game, One in the chamber and infected. Man huge step back from AW as far as content.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah man, the jungle map with Predator, the Egyptian one with the secret death room. Great perk system too.

I really felt Ghosts had a nice balance on streaks too. Not as overpowering as Treyarch's and not as underpowered as Sledgehammer's.

You could still get a nice amount of kills if you used them right, but you couldn't lock down an entire team your self like you can in the Black Ops games.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
Play of the Game is dumb, they should go back to last kills. You can cap a dom point with a triple and like people above me said, the potg is some dude getting a sniper collat or some bullshit.

Nokterian

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Euroland

Driftor on the issues of the game we are 10 days later and it is even worse than before.

PC version is also terrible imo, i do like the game but i do not like how such a mess it is.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really felt Ghosts had a nice balance on streaks too. Not as overpowering as Treyarch's and not as underpowered as Sledgehammer's.

You could still get a nice amount of kills if you used them right, but you couldn't lock down an entire team your self like you can in the Black Ops games.

Totally man. Nice to hear from another fan. Saying that, I played ffa on it like a disgrace, loved annoying purists with explosive classes.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah seriously fuck this multiplayer hard

There is some seriously weird lag/stuttering/chugging happening and I'm losing gunfights I never should

If this next patch doesn't fix some of this shit I've had enough

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Driftor on the issues of the game we are 10 days later and it is even worse than before.

PC version is also terrible imo, i do like the game but i do not like how such a mess it is.

Bah, that's disappointing. I really, really want to pick this up this week but the apparent server troubles are the only thing keeping me from shelling out for it right now.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
The server issues are bothersome. I imagine they'll fix them. There's isues though with this game that I don't think they can fix.

But the HQ is really poorly thought of. I'm not even sure why they put one more hurdle into jumping into an online match? I'm not sure what the popular opinion on it is but the entire ordeal is so overly convoluted for the sake of "having more stuff" it's a detriment to the experience.

Some of those orders are mad dumb. Are they even feasible? You're also paying with credits, which you need to buy stuff anyways.

Map design is kinda all over the place. A lot of "rooms" or "combat arenas" have like a dozen or so entrances. I wonder how their heat maps look like because they can't possibly be of any use. The game doesn't funnel you into areas it wants which makes the design come across as random and not purposeful. Treyarch had this problem but rectified it since Blops2.

legacyzero

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Jesus Christ, what did they do to the TTK??? I feel like I'm playing the goddamn Division.

Love Drift0r. I had no idea he game was that broken. And yeah I was kinda wondering why I kept getting host migrations.

My Podcast co-host was complaining about some sprint but where it doesn't let you sprint half the time. Im not experiencing it, but it's gotta be frustrating.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's pretty good.

Just hope guy playing doesn't think he should have gotten a kill. Missed every single shot.

I'm the guy playing, id not upload someone else. I stopped aiming properly when i threw the invisible flashbang.

I had something like that happen but the person's lower body was phasing through the ground. I wasn't able to record it though. LOL!

What system? I'm always ready with the share button with cod.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Also 9 maps, it is getting less and less i noticed. The map flow is no good either, some of them are OK but overall it's pretty bad design.
9 base maps really is a spit in the face. Yeah there's the 3 war maps too but I mostly want to play the regular modes and this has less base maps then any other Call of Duty. I'm already getting tired of some of them. Guess you have to sell your expensive season pass somehow.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I've had my fill of this game till the next patch, here's all my issues with the game:

• There's some constant, weird stuttering or lag or chugging of some sort in every match I get into. There's not so much that it renders the game unplayable, but enough to make me notice and think it's having an affect on the match.
  • There is absolutely no consistency in this game whatsoever. I'll win gunfight after gunfight and then I'll be in a better position than the enemy and lose somehow, even though I am hitting him.
  • This ties into the last point, but this game isn't a skill based game. It's a game based on luck and whoever has the match on its side.
  • I've constant issues regarding spawning in at the start of a game, where I pick my loadout and am stuck spectating. Or if I die and want to see the killcam, it lags and stops and I get stuck there for numerous seconds.
  • This game has the worst spawn system since MW3, which is funny cause SHG worked on aspects of that too. I've had games were my whole team is in an enemy spawn, and they still spawn right on top of us, for some unknown reason. You can easily get spawn trapped in a game of TDM which is a first for the Call of Duty series.
  • I should never be beaten by a sniper at CQ when I have an automatic gun and am actually hitting him. Quickscoping is a major issue and I have a funny feeling it will never be addressed.
  • Given the small amount of maps at launch, you would think they went for quality over quantity but isn't true. There's some really weird, just straight up awful maps in this game. U.S.S. Alexis Texas being the worst of the bunch. I don't understand why they didn't put an underbelly to the ship, which would have helped the map flow a bit better, and speaking of flow.
  • Some maps lack any flow whatsoever. Gibraltar and Pointe Du Hoc come to mind straight away. Just a bunch of random lanes leading right into the centre and it's pure chaos. Awful map design.
  • Shotguns need to be buffed, and the fire rounds need to stay the same as they are. There's no reason to use a shotgun when you can use a sniper at long ranges and close ranges, and dominate.
  • The UI is straight up garbage.
  • Headquarters is a fine idea, but it so far has been nothing but a hindrance. I start to wonder if its implementation was worth some of the issues it has definitely cost.
  • Team balancing is all over the place. My last match there, I was on London Docks and my teammates were all under level 50 and not prestiged, while the enemy team had four prestige players and two normal players. They didn't seem to be in a clan/ground either from what I could tell. This is my most extreme example.
  • While divisions are good, some are way better than others. I feel like there could have been more balancing there, to make things a bit fairer.
  • Campaign is awful, I've played every campaign on Veteran since the original Call of Duty 2 and have no problem saying this is the worst by a far margin.
  • Zombies is actually really good, and the way the objectives pop up as a hint to point you to what to do next is very helpful.
That's it for now, and I'll give it one more try after the next patch drops, but shit has to change and fast. It's over a week now.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The hq turns my well ventilated ps4 pro into a wind turbine. Oh and the contracts...
1125 credits for a single easy challenge, or 25 credits for the impossible 50 kills In 10 minutes. Contracts are all over the place.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
I've had my fill of this game till the next patch, here's all my issues with the game:

• There's some constant, weird stuttering or lag or chugging of some sort in every match I get into. There's not so much that it renders the game unplayable, but enough to make me notice and think it's having an affect on the match.
  • There is absolutely no consistency in this game whatsoever. I'll win gunfight after gunfight and then I'll be in a better position than the enemy and lose somehow, even though I am hitting him.
  • This ties into the last point, but this game isn't a skill based game. It's a game based on luck and whoever has the match on its side.
  • I've constant issues regarding spawning in at the start of a game, where I pick my loadout and am stuck spectating. Or if I die and want to see the killcam, it lags and stops and I get stuck there for numerous seconds.
  • This game has the worst spawn system since MW3, which is funny cause SHG worked on aspects of that too. I've had games were my whole team is in an enemy spawn, and they still spawn right on top of us, for some unknown reason. You can easily get spawn trapped in a game of TDM which is a first for the Call of Duty series.
  • I should never be beaten by a sniper at CQ when I have an automatic gun and am actually hitting him. Quickscoping is a major issue and I have a funny feeling it will never be addressed.
  • Given the small amount of maps at launch, you would think they went for quality over quantity but isn't true. There's some really weird, just straight up awful maps in this game. U.S.S. Alexis Texas being the worst of the bunch. I don't understand why they didn't put an underbelly to the ship, which would have helped the map flow a bit better, and speaking of flow.
  • Some maps lack any flow whatsoever. Gibraltar and Pointe Du Hoc come to mind straight away. Just a bunch of random lanes leading right into the centre and it's pure chaos. Awful map design.
  • Shotguns need to be buffed, and the fire rounds need to stay the same as they are. There's no reason to use a shotgun when you can use a sniper at long ranges and close ranges, and dominate.
  • Headquarters is a fine idea, but it so far has been nothing but a hindrance. I start to wonder if its implementation was worth some of the issues it has definitely cost.
  • Team balancing is all over the place. My last match there, I was on London Docks and my teammates were all under level 50 and not prestiged, while the enemy team had four prestige players and two normal players. They didn't seem to be in a clan/ground either from what I could tell. This is my most extreme example.
  • While divisions are good, some are way better than others. I feel like there could have been more balancing there, to make things a bit fairer.
  • Campaign is awful, I've played every campaign on Veteran since the original Call of Duty 2 and have no problem saying this is the worst by a far margin.
  • Zombies is actually really good, and the way the objectives pop up as a hint to point you to what to do next is very helpful.
That's it for now, and I'll give it one more try after the next patch drops, but shit has to change and fast. It's over a week now.

This times a million

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
I'm going to start calling it USS Alexis Texas. My post-dlc ghost is my favorite and most played COD. All those maps had a good pace and flow.This game has no standout maps on launch. This game while I like it still feels clunky like AW. I like having smooth (consist) aiming from neutral to ads. I'm not enjoying aiming and having someone just outrun my aiming speed. Also really not enjoying how random flinch is implemented. Sometimes it's negligible and others it throws my aiming into the sky.

II JumPeR I

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Agree.

On top of that i found Zombies pretty boring. Wish they would try something new in that regard already.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Can't come quick enough. And if bf2 doesn't pan out I'm just hunkering back into Battlefield 1. Is what it is... But I gave it my best. Ill try one or two more sessions but I think it's the end of the line for me.. This is a game for a breed not of my kind

Just finishing this for review and then BFII for me. I want to review it with the opinion of how it will be playable moving forward. It's been 10 days, so if it still doesn't improve, will base that on the crappy launch servers, etc.

I'm the guy playing, id not upload someone else. I stopped aiming properly when i threw the invisible flashbang.

What system? I'm always ready with the share button with cod.
PS4! I was so shocked I completely forgot about it. The dude was twirling about and had half his body phase through the ground! I wasn't sure if it was a hacker or something. Haha!

I agree for the most part. The core game is solid, but the maps feel like they were made by someone who intentionally didn't want to copy Treyarch, and yet they did, no?

Gun fights are weird as well. I sometimes feel the ping meters are lying. I shred people with one bar, and sometimes die like butter with three. I also sometimes get kills that I think shouldn't have been, which I attribute to server woes or something.

HQ is a good idea in concept (lookit me! I can do what Destiny does!) but flawed in execution. Almost everyone thinks it's useless, another step you need to take to play the game, and so on. Clearly SHG thought people would flock to it like Destiny 2's Farm, but different beasts and all that.

Also, I'm quite certain it needs to load after every match hence the delay, which pisses off people more than anything. They should have let people bypass HQ if they wanted to.

Divisions are flawed. I only see three being used: Airborne (silencers are god-like), Infantry and the wookie class. LMG class gets shafted. I know some of you aren't fan of the Pick-10 system, but I am. If SHG wanted to be different, they could have done so without limiting how people wanted to play.

Minor thing, but I hate how progression is in the game. I prestiged once, and I feel I already saw everything the game has to offer. Gun grips are lame, Calling Cards are OK, and that's it. Might not even Prestige 2. My main draw before was having as much class slots as I can get so I can go crazy with different loadouts.

In WWII, I don't need to. Well, except maybe for War.

So we have two games from SHG now. What tier are they in the COD hill? I peg Treyarch as the top dog, and the two fighting for second place.

Thank god we have Treyarch next year. At least Vonderhaar engages with fans on Twitter and hints at upcoming changes, etc (even non-YouTubers).

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Just finishing this for review and then BFII for me. I want to review it with the opinion of how it will be playable moving forward. It's been 10 days, so if it still doesn't improve, will base that on the crappy launch servers, etc.

PS4! I was so shocked I completely forgot about it. The dude was twirling about and had half his body phase through the ground! I wasn't sure if it was a hacker or something. Haha!

I agree for the most part. The core game is solid, but the maps feel like they were made by someone who intentionally didn't want to copy Treyarch, and yet they did, no?

Gun fights are weird as well. I sometimes feel the ping meters are lying. I shred people with one bar, and sometimes die like butter with three. I also sometimes get kills that I think shouldn't have been, which I attribute to server woes or something.

HQ is a good idea in concept (lookit me! I can do what Destiny does!) but flawed in execution. Almost everyone thinks it's useless, another step you need to take to play the game, and so on. Clearly SHG thought people would flock to it like Destiny 2's Farm, but different beasts and all that.

Also, I'm quite certain it needs to load after every match hence the delay, which pisses off people more than anything. They should have let people bypass HQ if they wanted to.

Divisions are flawed. I only see three being used: Airborne (silencers are god-like), Infantry and the wookie class. LMG class gets shafted. I know some of you aren't fan of the Pick-10 system, but I am. If SHG wanted to be different, they could have done so without limiting how people wanted to play.

Minor thing, but I hate how progression is in the game. I prestiged once, and I feel I already saw everything the game has to offer. Gun grips are lame, Calling Cards are OK, and that's it. Might not even Prestige 2. My main draw before was having as much class slots as I can get so I can go crazy with different loadouts.

In WWII, I don't need to. Well, except maybe for War.

So we have two games from SHG now. What tier are they in the COD hill? I peg Treyarch as the top dog, and the two fighting for second place.

Thank god we have Treyarch next year. At least Vonderhaar engages with fans on Twitter and hints at upcoming changes, etc (even non-YouTubers).
Yeah, the fact you've to load back into HQ after every match is not a good thing. Once you enter a lobby it should just stay as a lobby and you can open crates and all within that.

I've also a video rendering at the moment, to show the lag/stuttering I'm dealing with. It's not a bad match either, I go 26-10 on the U.S.S. Alexis Texas.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017

Here's my gameplay, I go 26-10 and die one off my paratroopers, lol. But there is a constant stutter/lag I am talking about that you can see at times.

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Every post game tonight in a party with people has gone to a black screen or where I can't select anything on the menu.

Fix this broken game FFS

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
[url=https://community.sledgehammergames.com/t5/Sledgehammer-Games/Call-of-Duty-WWII-Update-on-Issues/ba-p/10490379]Update from Sledgehammer Games:[/URL]
Thanks everyone for your continued support. It's been a whirlwind since launch. We're seeing millions of fans play every day. However, we also know we've had issues, there's frustration. We recognize that and we hear you.

Our highest priority is to deliver the best online experience possible. We're not there yet, and we won't rest until we are.

Our entire team is working around the clock, and we would like to share our current status update:

Online Connectivity – While our previous Game Update which released early Friday solved several critical needs, unfortunately it also had an adverse effect on server performance. As a result, we moved to P2P (listen) servers. Overall, the game is stable, however we know that P2P brings things like Host Migrations and other issues that make for inconsistent gameplay experiences. Our objective to return to dedicated servers is our highest priority.

Dedicated Servers – This weekend we rolled out various test solutions in limited markets in order to fully analyze real-world conditions without risking disruption. This level of data and diagnostics is helping us work toward a permanent solution as quickly as possible. We've begun to test dedicated servers today in the US. We'll watch this test closely, and once we analyze the results we'll look to expand.

Game Disconnects From Server - After much testing, our engineering teams identified the root cause of this issue, which can also result in lost stats and post match lobby freezes. Later tonight, we plan to deploy a patch across both consoles worldwide. We'll monitor the results, and keep everyone updated.

Headquarters – As we focus on the return to dedicated servers as our highest priority, we will continue to utilize a solo-HQ experience. Players can still invite friends, which we encourage everyone to try. But we get it, HQ is best enjoyed with a thriving, fully populated social community interacting together. So hang in there while we address the most pressing concerns first.

We also want to reinforce our commitment to PC fans. We have the next PC Title Update ready to go, but we believe we need to work through the issues noted above first – many of which also affect PC players. For this reason, we'll wait a bit longer before deploying the patch to the PC in order to ensure everything is the way it needs to be first.

As always, we want to keep the dialogue flowing with the Call of Duty community. We have our eyes and ears open for all of your feedback – please continue sharing it with us at @SHGames on Twitter, Facebook and on the official Call of Duty: WWII Reddit as well as with Activision Support on Twitter and the support website.

This is only the beginning, so thank you for playing. We won't rest until we resolve everything we can for the community.

Nov 1, 2017
Put more time into this than I ever have at launch for a Call of Duty. The bugs and glitches absolutely suck, can't even join up in HQ with my friend in the same house, but the trimming done to multiplayer has gotten rid of a lot that pulled me a way, definitely my favorite since Black Ops 2.

Maps are kinda bad though, Gustav Cannon is terrible and Flak Tower is the only map I wouldn't hesitate to call 'good'

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
I just played a tdm in blops3 and went 9-4. Nothing exciting but my bullets went where they were aimed and I won most of my face to face confrontations.

Just tried a round in ww2. Went 2-11 before I just quit out of the game. Would just like to tell the folks at sledgehammer you can go fuck yourself for the worst netcode ive ever played in a 100 million dollar shooter. What a bunch of hacks you all are.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Just went 58-5 in my attack plane in BF1 operations, God I needed that for his miserable playing this game has been.

What sucks is the other day I thought this patch helped but it's back to normal.

Why does this game feel way faster than blops 3?

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I equipped the Emergency Airdrop to test it out. It drops 3 care packages.

Using the Ordnance perk, you can re-roll each of them, lol.

I think I'll be sticking with that scorestreak for now. Can be pretty crazy depending on RNG.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having doubts that all this will be sorted out before Dec 1st, when ranked season are starting. You can't have these issues in a competitive setting. Best of luck SHG.

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Been playing this more and starting to get use to cod again however i am starting to hate Gustav cannon alot.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I equipped the Emergency Airdrop to test it out. It drops 3 care packages.

Using the Ordnance perk, you can re-roll each of them, lol.

I think I'll be sticking with that scorestreak for now. Can be pretty crazy depending on RNG.

Been using that myself but a in a little different way, have 2 classes with the same loadout but start with the perk that reduces the points required for the kill streak, then when you've gotten your kill streaks switch class on death to the loadout with Ordnance, or like I initially did, use the perk that doesn't reset killstreak points on death, then switch to Ordnance.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
Supply drop rewards for leveling up finally seem to be working for me. I am actually getting outfits, along with epic and even a heroic weapon. It suddenly feels much more rewarding and I am having a better time with it.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Servers today were absolute terrible, super mad.

Anyway is it me or this game gives me away too many supply drops? Black Ops 3 was so hard to get even one, right now on this game I have 40 unopened Lmao just from 2 days.