• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This made me LOL.

566677e33543d5584118dde2896dfc4e.png

I'll keep mentioning it for people who miss it..my game ONLY gives me a disconnect if I have a "win 1 game of GAME TYPE" challenge active, as it the server cant give me the reward so it boots me off. Remove these and try it.

Yeah you get nothing unless you see the post match screen, its a joke.

re: those gun grips...it doesnt even tell you what weapon they are for, just like the uniforms are hidden too. This is the worst UI in COD history.

I'm more annoyed that they used something so insignificant as a Supply Drop item. Yeah, I gather, Helmets, etc. might be rolled out by the time COD Points are a thing.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Daily challenges can be really stupid. I've seen so many people running around with just a pistol and playing terribly trying to get kills because of the challenge

xinek

Oct 25, 2017
MN, USA
Daily challenges can be really stupid. I've seen so many people running around with just a pistol and playing terribly trying to get kills because of the challenge
Yeah, I don't understand why developers insist on this crap. BF1 is especially awful. Why not make the challenges be something like "earn x points/captures" for objective modes? Or restrict weapon challenges to FFA or TDM? Surely there are more creative things to come up with to keep players engaged.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017

I understand where you're coming from. Chances are, if those people are on your team, you'll lose and losing always sucks, lol.

I get it...but at the same time, I don't see an issue with a challenge like that. Some challenges are meant to take you out of your comfort zone. You might have a string of bad games because of it but it might be fun to try something new.

Darg

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I feel daily challenges should be different for each person otherwise you just get people all using shotguns or pistols or whatever the challenge is that day.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
I'll keep mentioning it for people who miss it..my game ONLY gives me a disconnect if I have a "win 1 game of GAME TYPE" challenge active, as it the server cant give me the reward so it boots me off. Remove these and try it.

Yeah you get nothing unless you see the post match screen, its a joke.

re: those gun grips...it doesnt even tell you what weapon they are for, just like the uniforms are hidden too. This is the worst UI in COD history.
Ok so I've tried removing the "win one of x.." challenges and it still kept disconnecting me. HOWEVER, I've now cancelled all my challenges and haven't been disconnected for hours.. not ideal, but f*ck care package things anyway, I'd rather the XP.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ok so I've tried removing the "win one of x.." challenges and it still kept disconnecting me. HOWEVER, I've now cancelled all my challenges and haven't been disconnected for hours.. not ideal, but f*ck care package things anyway, I'd rather the XP.

It's progress man, Im certain the challenges are bugged.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the campaign today, that was...boring and anti climatic.

I didn't like the campaign in MW3, AW and now this, all were made by Sledgehammer. AW was kind of ok but the problem with Sledgehammer COD campaign is that they absolutely do not do anything even remotely different from the classic COD formula. Unlike the Black Ops games and last year's fantastic IW campaign. Infact even BO3 campaign which was a pile of turd, tried to do something different in terms of its direction and gameplay.

xinek

Oct 25, 2017
MN, USA
that would require them to not be lazy.
I don't subscribe to the "lazy developers" trope, but I definitely wonder sometimes what in the hell they're thinking with weapon and equipment challenges. Do the people responsible for gameplay get overridden? Do publishers interfere and demand this stuff? It's a mystery.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got play of the game and you know what happened? I got disconnected so the order didn't complete.

Based off of Reddit it does seem like the better you do (and more variants equipped) you have a higher chance of being disconnected!

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
I finally got play of the game and you know what happened? I got disconnected so the order didn't complete.

Based off of Reddit it does seem like the better you do (and more variants equipped) you have a higher chance of being disconnected!
Getting kicked when you place at top of the leaderboard is absolutely true. Apparently you can "solve" this by going back to the default uniforms for each class? What a joke.

javiergame4

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying this game, haven't bought a cod since AW. I haven't tried out campaign or zombies yet but boots on ground feels so good.

BeforeU

Banned for use of alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I haven't enjoy any COD since MW2.

Someone please tell me if I am going to like this or not. Metacritic is so low

Roy

Oct 27, 2017
Since the patch I'm playing just fine, always going above 1 K/Dr. Matchmaking is better, I'm getting set up with more players around my level, and I've noticed more players from my country as well.
War is a great mode to just chill out and have fun, try new weapons, gain XP. I agree that they should announce at the beginning that K/Dr doesn't matter so more people play the objective, many times feels like I'm the only one aware of what you can build/destroy.
They should make it so that capturing an objective is worth 10 kills or something. I don't get why they don't do this, like KDR is sacred or something.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed mate - thanks for the head's up. Reckon I've disconnected from >30 matches.. so much XP :(

Not necessarily mate check my stats video a page back.

I tested this and at the end of the match it showed me the discon screen BUT it then transitioned to the end of match screen! I deleted all challenges FYI.

Will test again before I can confirm it.

My theory is corrupt profiles on their server that cause a kick when certain stats update, mainly challenges.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The story is pretty meh to be honest, nowhere near as good as MW 1/2, it's not bad but it's very paint by numbers and doesn't really offer any amazing set pieces and just abruptly ends in the most anti climatic way I've ever seen.

MP is relatively enjoyable, but I've been playing 99% war mode.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017

It's been 8 years since MW2, and the developers that made MW2 and CoD4 are long gone from the series. If your friends are still on-board by Black Friday, it might be worth a pickup? The game is okay, but I don't think it's anything special.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Campaign was pretty poor. The squad mechanics were really cumbersome and unnecessary and the ending felt super rushed and anti-climactic.

Also, are the dedis back online yet or is it still P2P?

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Think I'm officially letting it go. I ultimately can't stand this game, I will try treyarch cods maybe but sledgehammer makes some seriously shitty games as ghosts was also all sorts of garbage.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily mate check my stats video a page back.

My theory is corrupt profiles on their server that cause a kick when certain stats update, mainly challenges.
Can confirm it works! Haha! Tested it and yep, works.

I love how this dude only responds to youtubers.
I've mentioned that multiple times, too. He only replies to big COD YTers. Slap to the face of fans. I mean, I get that they want "celebs" or famous people to reply to, but when it's about issues about your game that people paid for?? Nah. Be a good guy and try to reply to people -- even if it's a blanket reply.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Think I'm officially letting it go. I ultimately can't stand this game, I will try treyarch cods maybe but sledgehammer makes some seriously shitty games as ghosts was also all sorts of garbage.

Actually ghosts was brilliant online once a few patches came in and the outrage died down. Super customisable and great map packs.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
Can confirm it works! Haha! Tested it and yep, works.

I've mentioned that multiple times, too. He only replies to big COD YTers. Slap to the face of fans. I mean, I get that they want "celebs" or famous people to reply to, but when it's about issues about your game that people paid for?? Nah. Be a good guy and try to reply to people -- even if it's a blanket reply.

I mean for the most part they've done a terrible job communicating anything since the game launched and him only responding to popular youtubers is incredibly annoying.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
lol I thought Black Ops 3 was pretty bad as well? Last Treyarch CoD I played was BO2 and that game was an unbalanced mess with really bad "shot in the back by SMG" maps.

I think the last one I truly enjoyed was Black Ops. Good maps, and people died when I shot them 3-4 times.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
It's only Treyarch... Infinity Ward is hilariously bad at map design and Sledgehammer is like a team that inherited the keys to the kingdom without realising what makes COD COD... War mode is is baffling in map design. Take a clue from BF1 and let people go back without being shot in the back. Or have properly designed areas to bunker down in.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
lol I thought Black Ops 3 was pretty bad as well? Last Treyarch CoD I played was BO2 and that game was an unbalanced mess with really bad "shot in the back by SMG" maps.

I think the last one I truly enjoyed was Black Ops. Good maps, and people died when I shot them 3-4 times.

As far as I'm concerned Black Ops is the series to play. The campaign in 1 & 2 is incredibly interesting and certainly goes to some places. The campaign in 3 is trash but the multiplayer is so damn good even 2 years later. They had some major issues with map glitches on some of their map packs but they were always communicating with the community and working on fixes. Most people jumped off the train when they started putting weapons in crates.

Black Ops 1 is still my all time favorite, the time to kill, the weapons, the maps, everything just feels so good in that game.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
It's only Treyarch... Infinity Ward is hilariously bad at map design and Sledgehammer is like a team that inherited the keys to the kingdom without realising what makes COD COD... War mode is is baffling in map design. Take a clue from BF1 and let people go back without being shot in the back. Or have properly designed areas to bunker down in.

Great post, totally agreed

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Another game not counted. Once you disconnect after the game, it's confirmed your stats didn't register correct?

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No Black ops 3 and IW were really fun multiplayer once they got the patches.

This is the same here, the game is good but will great once the patches fix these issues

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
Still on P2P today I see.

You'd think this game wasn't the #1 selling game of 2017 with this kind of shit happening a week in. I'm almost embarrassed for Sledgehammer employees.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Seriously folks, join me in the land of Black Ops III. I'm playing it like it was the game released last week. Beautiful maps. Beautiful servers. Beautiful hit detection.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Well... went to pick up my credits from the mail in HQ and the game got stuck trying to redeem them. Now I can't get online anymore at all. This is the most frustrating game I've ever owned.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

I hope this releases today. Fucking bullshit when I get play of the game for my daily contract and it doesn't count cause the game d/c's right after.

ThirstyFly

Oct 28, 2017
Actually ghosts was brilliant online once a few patches came in and the outrage died down. Super customisable and great map packs.

I agree. I hated it at first but they really turned it around with the map packs. Easily the best map packs in the series - out of the packs I bought anyway, I skipped some like IW's. I'd say overall, Ghosts MP turned out to be my 2nd favourite of this gen's CoDs, after BO3.

I'd take Ghost's MP over AW and MW:R any day.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I agree. I hated it at first but they really turned it around with the map packs. Easily the best map packs in the series - out of the packs I bought anyway, I skipped some like IW's. I'd say overall, Ghosts MP turned out to be my 2nd favourite of this gen's CoDs, after BO3.

I'd take Ghost's MP over AW and MW:R any day.

Yeah man, the jungle map with Predator, the Egyptian one with the secret death room. Great perk system too.