• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I held off on buying this, all the disconnects sound like BLOPS1 on PS3 all over again. Hopefully they fix it soon.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
They need to put a time limit in zombies. The map is too big and when people don't play the objective and just keep running in circles around the map it can be an almost endless game. I died and watched this guy run around by himself for almost an hour before just quitting, this is wave 25 or something. Or they need to limit buying the armor because he was drowning in currency to buy it again if he needed to during his loops.

00lsen

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Man, the mission in Paris made me terribly sad that Warsaw's uprising that was happening at the same time ended very differently

not sure this mission was about to make players sad ~~ this hit a bit too close to home for me

Bandit1

Oct 30, 2017
Just finished the campaign, had a great time with it. Can't help shake the feeling that there was some untapped potential in there, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Since the patch I'm playing just fine, always going above 1 K/Dr. Matchmaking is better, I'm getting set up with more players around my level, and I've noticed more players from my country as well.
War is a great mode to just chill out and have fun, try new weapons, gain XP. I agree that they should announce at the beginning that K/Dr doesn't matter so more people play the objective, many times feels like I'm the only one aware of what you can build/destroy.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Something about earning credits (that you can use to unlock stuff) only to use it on challenges that are dumb stupid (100 kills in 10 minutes) only to get a loot box (that would unlock you stuff) is real stupid.

The MP is overly convoluted and half baked compared to Destiny. The core game is nothing special either.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this game

RealisticDimAnnashummingbird-size_restricted.gif

LMAO. A couple full blown misses, but a couple full blown hits too. Sucks. :(

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm consistently finishing at top three in every game. This is an SMG game tho

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
dunno, for me the assault rifles are better than the SMGs, they're similar in close range and I feel like they do better in mid-range. i could be wrong tho.

The sgt44 for example just feels good to use.

Fatal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I cannot join a game, no matter which gametype I choose. Open NAT on both the xbox and cod:wwii, finds potential games and then never joins. But I can join a friend just fine and play with them. I just cannot join a game by myself. Anyone else having this issue?

Same exact thing for me on the Pro. Worked before the current patch, now potential games are found but it never hooks me up.

meanspartan

Oct 27, 2017
San Diego
Bought it, halfway through the campaign and a few hours into multiplayer.

It's....fine. I don't regret buying, the campaign is popcorn gun as always, and the multiplayer is back to basics which I appreciate. More maps would have been nice. Havent tried zombies yet.

However, this just doesn't stack up super well after a year of playing the stellar battlefield 1 (still play it weekly with a group of friends in fact). The presentation, visceral feel, strategy, hefty guns, and graphics are just so much better. As one small example, look at a bayonet kill in BF1 vs the cheesy look of one in CoD WW2, it makes CoD feel almost last gen.

CoD probably has the better campaign (though BF1 was at least decent after the dismal Bf3 and BF4 campaigns) and maybe Zombies is awesome, but on multiplayer I think BF1 just makes this hard to enjoy. I will still play it a decent amount when I want that CoD feel, and it is better when playing solo while Bf1 is better in a group.

Oct 27, 2017
Online is getting really buggy for me. Takes a while to load up after finishing matches and randomly getting kicked out of matches even though my connection is fine.

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
Just finished the campaign on Veteran (9.9h according to Steam). Quite enjoyed the story but I liked Infinite Warfare better, even though it's somewhat unfair to compare those two (based on a real event vs. pure Sci-fi). The difficulty level was fair most of the time and there weren't that many annoying passages. It was a bit harder than IW but way easier than WaW.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not 100 sure if Condrey was being sarcastic or not, but we aren't getting double XP but rather TRIPLE XP right now.

http://mp1st.com/news/cod-ww2-triple-xp-accidentally-turned-on-by-sledgehammer-games

84894c60254c9790d8c2695c3f6e4472.png

He said it'll be gone by Monday. I don't feel any big XP jump and I don't think I'm alone. People here are asking if it's even working, right?

(PS: and of course he replied to a famous COD YouTuber about it and not a regular fan).

EDIT: took a screenshot in case it ever gets taken down or whatever.

disChapo

Oct 25, 2017
Not 100 sure if Condrey was being sarcastic or not, but we aren't getting double XP but rather TRIPLE XP right now.

http://mp1st.com/news/cod-ww2-triple-xp-accidentally-turned-on-by-sledgehammer-games

He said it'll be gone by Monday. I don't feel any big XP jump and I don't think I'm alone. People here are asking if it's even working, right?

(PS: and of course he replied to a famous COD YouTuber about it and not a regular fan).

EDIT: took a screenshot in case it ever gets taken down or whatever.

Think he was trolling. People are reporting that it isn't giving any bonus amount of xp at all.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Think he was trolling. People are reporting that it isn't giving any bonus amount of xp at all.
If so, not a good move or sight to see. I mean, all these issues and your big double XP event (first one, even) and it doesn't work, AND you troll people?? I dunno.

If so, SHG clearly needs a community manager of some sort.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty sure my 2xp is fine, im getting 20,000 for a tdm game often.

Anyone know if it applies to divisions?

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure my 2xp is fine, im getting 20,000 for a tdm game often.

Anyone know if it applies to divisions?
Most people on Reddit are saying Condrey is trolling and this is his idea of a "joke."

Multiple people here (including me) have not felt that double XP kick in any mode so far. I'm earning the same points in War, TDM, etc.

Maybe it's bugged too, for all I know.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Most people on Reddit are saying Condrey is trolling and this is his idea of a "joke."

Multiple people here (including me) have not felt that double XP kick in any mode so far. I'm earning the same points in War, TDM, etc.

Maybe it's bugged too, for all I know.

maybe im wrong ..i am getting good amounts though. But id not be surprised by another bug.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Pretty sure I am getting double XP. I went from 33 to 40 from just today and I really have only played for a couple hours. War Mode seems to give a ton of XP though

Matrix XII

Oct 27, 2017
I'm enjoying the game.. mostly. Lots of random grenade deaths and getting quick scoped a lot. I feel like the hit detection is off and can be very frustrating. The visuals seem dated and there really isn't much that has impressed me in the game.

My sister and I were playing Black Ops 3 a couple weeks ago and decided to get WW2. Black Ops 3 seems better to me in almost every way and it's 2 years old now. WW2 almost feels like wasted money but at least this has a SP campaign which I can try at some point.

I think I'm going to be one of those people that only buy Treyarch COD games.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Statement from Michael Condrey on the Double XP situation via Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comme...xp_weekend_for_the_first_time_in_cod/dpowvrz/
No sarcasm in my response. We launched with 2XP active, unintentionally. Everyone was getting 2XP since 11/3 and up until we made the playlist change late Thursday night, which effectively launched 3XP.

Come Monday, when we turn off the XP bonus, it will effectively revert to what we should have had at launch (aka 1XP).

So early players, you got a huge head start.

PS. Positive intent is the spirit of life. Keep it classy, Reddit.
So when on Monday you see a huge decline in XP you earn each match, this is why

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
They launched with 2exp unintentionally? Lmao

They may as well keep it there, the EXO rewarded felt right... 1exp would be a grind now

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Game has been perfect for me today, but I've only played War.

Think I did about 3hrs or so overall. No disconnects, games joining in under 30s, and it was actually feeling right for a change.

Statement from Michael Condrey on the Double XP situation via Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comme...xp_weekend_for_the_first_time_in_cod/dpowvrz/

So when on Monday you see a huge decline in XP you earn each match, this is why

Hmm... If you preordered, you got 4hrs of 2XP tokens - does that mean those first 4hrs were effectively 4XP then? If not then they should give the 4hrs back as the counter on them was going down.

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I've been debating getting this game since I burned out on cod since Blops 3. I'm installing Blops 3 (had a small cod itch) and now I have to wait for the campaign and multiplayer to install. How the hell does activision get away with this stuff? And pertaining to WW II, does it also have to install multi and story?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So campaign thing...

How in the living fuck do you do the 'defense' part after the
church collapse
in mission 3 on Veteran? Any enemies that reach you down you in a second and you have to watch two sides with two inept AI with limited ammo. Sure you got grenades but they're hardly useful when poking your head out might mean death!

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Sorry if this is a little off topic, but I've been debating getting this game since I burned out on cod since Blops 3. I'm installing Blops 3 (had a small cod itch) and now I have to wait for the campaign and multiplayer to install. How the hell does activision get away with this stuff? And pertaining to WW II, does it also have to install multi and story?
Nah, I don't remember WW2 having to install campaign and multiplayer

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
How do you launch with double XP, and not know or tell anybody until you try to actually turn it on, only to find out you just turned on triple XP?

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
So campaign thing...

How in the living fuck do you do the 'defense' part after the
church collapse
in mission 3 on Veteran? Any enemies that reach you down you in a second and you have to watch two sides with two inept AI with limited ammo. Sure you got grenades but they're hardly useful when poking your head out might mean death!

Your post reminded me to upload some footage I took of that mission earlier this week.
The AI is just... kind of unbelievable. Video speaks for itself.

(Slight spoilers for anyone that's still avoiding them.)

Sylvee

Oct 25, 2017
Is there usually a hacking problem on PC for this series? I've ran into around 6 different hackers today alone through about 3 hours of gameplay.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Kind of want to run out and grab this right now to reap that triple XP... but between the multiplayer issues and the philosophy paper I have to write by Monday, I probably shouldn't.

Edit: Ugh, bought on PSN, downloading now. I need a MP shooter and BF2 definitely isn't it.

Last edited:

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
LOL, blows my mind they didn't know this.

On Monday, they'll turn off 3xp but by doing so, they'll turn on unlimited supply drops, lol
Haha! Same. Maybe the post-development celebrations went a little too long? :D

You can buy it now, it's very stable.
Are you serious? Sarcastic? If you're serious, you're being very, very generous with the word "stable" right now. I can't even get into games, the dedicated servers are off, double XP has been made into triple XP, etc.

It's far from being stable. Don't shill for any company, you don't owe them a thing. Unless you are getting paid, then well, erm dunno.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
Your post reminded me to upload some footage I took of that mission earlier this week.
The AI is just... kind of unbelievable. Video speaks for itself.

(Slight spoilers for anyone that's still avoiding them.)

People complain about this kind of thing, but also complain about games where the AI actually DOES things...because then you can sometimes beat a battle without doing anything. I think people complained about exactly that in Gears of War 3 on normal difficulty, because your teammates would kick ass without your help.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
Game is not having a nice launch ( many matches are laggy, sometimes you get stuck in lobby screens, dedicated servers are off, etc etc) but when the game works, its very fun to play

which is a shame really. I hope they get their shit together because its ruining an otherwise fun game

I should say that the last COD I played is MW3 ( and I didnt like it) after loving MW2. This is my return to COD, so yeah im not burned out from the franchise right now lol