• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta love my .43 K/D ratio. Haha I've never been demolished as bad as I get in this game. I just don't think it's for me.

Long gone are the Blops 2 days.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
I finally gave zombies a go and find it to be really good. Probably the best it's been. As for the regular multiplayer, HQ is still broken, as are supply drops for leveling up. I will still have some fun getting in a few matches here and there, but this is pretty inexcusable. Laughable, really.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
So it appears that fresh start was in the game or planned to be at some point. The General, when you prestige, specifically mentions that several reward options are available; unlock your favorite piece of gear, unlock something you have not tried before, and last "rip off your stars and go back to being a private". This is pretty clearly referencing the option of a full reset, but its nowhere to be found.

I hope they put it in after all this mess is cleaned up.

Dubz

Nov 3, 2017
Los Angeles
My favorite COD in terms of MP since BO2. I'm so glad there's no more jump packs. The maps are a lot of fun for TDM, and I'm enjoying playing a run n gun style ( my normal play style).

First pot on ERA...w00t!!

Rbk_3

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have issues with loading?

By the time the map loads for me there is 30 seconds to a minute gone by and a lot of the time I don't even get back to the menu after a round and it's already loading a new round. I thought it might be a hard drive issue so I bought a new one but same issue

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
It's not like I dominate. I'm just having fun. I'm only a 1.0 right now, but it's starting to click and my last 10 or so games have all been over 2.0 KDR. CODs I'm good at I usually go 1.5 to 2.0 so it's not like I'm great or anything.

Yeah I didn't mean it in a bad way,I just suck super hard. Do you do a lot of drop shooting.

And jump shooting?

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
Can you post a match, I want to see how someone who loves this game plays
Do I love this game? Nah. But I've got two gameplays on my YouTube account, and I hope they help. I'll note that the first gameplay I had host advantage, and the second is from the beta. My background is that I've got a 3 kdr in Titanfall 2, BO3, and IW, and I'm just keeping my head above a 2 in WW2. No one else on my friends list is at a 2.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Yeah I think I'm done with War

Fucking pathetic playerbase who plays objective game modes and do nothing to help. Drives me up the wall.

Its crazy. For example, there is an mg42 in the barn that can be built to assist the attacking team on breakout when trying to build the bridge. I am the only player who has ever used that gun emplacement in the 5 hours ive played the war mode.

Also assaulting the bunkers on the beach landing of neptune isn't as broken as it seems if you throw smoke grenades. Too bad I'm the only one throwing smoke.

ryan299

Oct 25, 2017
they made round 3 on Neptune in war so much harder by allowing the bombs to blow you up. It's already hard enough.

Also the game is a buggy mess

Deleted member 11943

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I play Blanka and was pretty good in SFIV and all the iterations. Not amazing but I had a good time playing that game.

Anyway I just went 6-14 lol. No I don't drop shot a lot. I just try and flank a bunch. I usually have good map awareness when I'm on.

My guy, I feel i went through the same mid tier blanka, mediocre CoD progression you went through

i guess i started out with a sensible k/d, but it fell apart. Now j just play for the daily challenges, tryna stay good

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
the no scoping has been pretty obnoxious. like the aim assist seems huge in these kill cams. is that normal? i actually don't recall getting sniped this often in the last few games. i'm all for more weapons being viable but still.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Did they change it so you abruptly disconnect from the lobby at the end of a match in order to fix something else? So now I can't even see what I unlocked and have to go searching. Cool.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
the no scoping has been pretty obnoxious. like the aim assist seems huge in these kill cams. is that normal? i actually don't recall getting sniped this often in the last few games. i'm all for more weapons being viable but still.

It seems really odd to me, pc appears to have aim assist on snipers. I've done it myself, midrange sniping is super easy, and you'll get kills off shots that didn't even seem to connect. It's weird. Makes quick scopers even more annoying.

Full Recovery

Needs a sandwich
Oct 26, 2017
USA
I cannot join a game, no matter which gametype I choose. Open NAT on both the xbox and cod:wwii, finds potential games and then never joins. But I can join a friend just fine and play with them. I just cannot join a game by myself. Anyone else having this issue?

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
At this point I just hope battlefront gets me like the last one did.

Gonna fire this dumpster fire up in a few, I know I say I'm at the end of my line but I really keep tryin just because I want to enjoy it... It's why I keep playing.
All of this so much. I bailed on Battlefront 2 after all the loot box nonsense for this game, and now I am questioning my choice. This game has been a complete mess since launch and I don't know if they can fix the problems I see with the game before I give up on it.

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
Matchmaking isn't working for me in the last couple of day. anyone have this issue?

I cannot join a game, no matter which gametype I choose. Open NAT on both the xbox and cod:wwii, finds potential games and then never joins. But I can join a friend just fine and play with them. I just cannot join a game by myself. Anyone else having this issue?

Same shit. really annoying...

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
I had a few games where I went 17-6 using nothing but a shovel.

I wish this game had a theater mode so I could go back and film 'em for posting.

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
nGVLFKdUOD0dhm3wgTkoNATr0Ya3L4HhfI24PbMw-Rw.jpg

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Finished the campaign not long ago. It's pretty good, but I had hoped for more to be honest. Still very solid though. It starts off slowly and gets better as it goes along, but there were some design issues that bugged me, particularly the train level's time limit.

The multiplayer is fun, and zombies seems better than before, but I've never particularly liked zombies. I'll continue to play the multiplayer for a while, but Black Ops III's was more fun.

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Now how is the general consensus about this game? Is it worth getting? The last COD i played was BO2.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think the main things that I don't like about MP is how "amateur-ish" (for lack of a better term), some gameplay decisions are.

Operation Neptune: If you crossed the enemy lines, when you die, you should be closer to the objectives (initial ones), not start all the way at the back.

- This map and mode clearly highlights how short sprint time is, and it's keeping it "boots-to-the-ground" for the sake of it. Like, SHG wanted to slow things down and purposely made it so that players can only sprint as far as their grandmas can. <-- I'm betting you, if DICE was in charge of doing this mode, they wouldn't OK Neptune's death sprints from the start. Clearly unbalanced to one side, and the fake soldiers aren't fooling anyone, either.

I've managed to win as Attackers a few times but when I win as a Defender, I feel really cheap.

- Domination kills counting as 50 instead of 100 is due to why? To be different for the sake of being different? Ditto with TDM score limit at 75 instead of 100.

Why is Ground War not included? What was the reasoning behind it?

Why can't we equip a tactical and lethal grenade? Again, feels like a change just for the sake of it (and to pad Basic Training list).

Why limit player choice? Suppressors only for one gun type? Want longer sprint? Yep, all locked into one type. There could have been better ways to make classes, right? There's a reason you rarely see the shotgun and LMG class, and nope, it's not due to their appearance.

Tons more. I mean, most of these are personal preferences, but at the same time, I see the same reaction from other people, so it's clearly not just me. Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun with the game's MP, but it could have been more. Makes me wonder what it would be like if Treyarch made it.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I think the main things that I don't like about MP is how "amateur-ish" (for lack of a better term), some gameplay decisions are.

Operation Neptune: If you crossed the enemy lines, when you die, you should be closer to the objectives (initial ones), not start all the way at the back.

- This map and mode clearly highlights how short sprint time is, and it's keeping it "boots-to-the-ground" for the sake of it. Like, SHG wanted to slow things down and purposely made it so that players can only sprint as far as their grandmas can. <-- I'm betting you, if DICE was in charge of doing this mode, they wouldn't OK Neptune's death sprints from the start. Clearly unbalanced to one side, and the fake soldiers aren't fooling anyone, either.

I've managed to win as Attackers a few times but when I win as a Defender, I feel really cheap.

- Domination kills counting as 50 instead of 100 is due to why? To be different for the sake of being different? Ditto with TDM score limit at 75 instead of 100.

Why is Ground War not included? What was the reasoning behind it?

Why can't we equip a tactical and lethal grenade? Again, feels like a change just for the sake of it (and to pad Basic Training list).

Why limit player choice? Suppressors only for one gun type? Want longer sprint? Yep, all locked into one type. There could have been better ways to make classes, right? There's a reason you rarely see the shotgun and LMG class, and nope, it's not due to their appearance.

Tons more. I mean, most of these are personal preferences, but at the same time, I see the same reaction from other people, so it's clearly not just me. Don't get me wrong, I'm having fun with the game's MP, but it could have been more. Makes me wonder what it would be like if Treyarch made it.

Shotgun class can equip a tact. And lethal :D

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I knew something was up when damn near point blank knife throws online wouldn't register. Went and tried rounds against bots and they all hit spot on

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Serious question. Has anyone actually played the carentan map? I havent even seen the option to vote for it in 10 hours of multiplayer. Like how do I play it?

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
So, I tried the MP to see if CoD actually changed. Nope, still the same mistakes over and over! Respawns are shit as always, SMG's are overpowered AF and you die before seeing the enemy infront of you. Wish I recorded this disgrace that happened

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Serious question. Has anyone actually played the carentan map? I havent even seen the option to vote for it in 10 hours of multiplayer. Like how do I play it?

It's in its own playlist under featured.

So bullshit to lock it under season pass lol. Day 1 you already splitting the playslist. Guess I'm not surprised as they did similar stuff in the past with preorder bonus maps like nuke town.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just played a blinder of a Hardpoint match to win the challenge and stuffed full of double and triple kills. Also on double experience and get a fucking disconnect after all of the post match screens some client bullshit message lost everything, so annoyed with this game.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Pretty safe to say that WW2 is the biggest gaming regret of 2017. Even topping Destiny 2. Shame I bought them both digital.

I kinda like WW2 but it is beyond borked. Nothing works properly, hit detection is ass and the host team is always the winner.