• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The last four matches in a row that I've won, I've gotten disconnected from server and not received credit for the win. Four in a row. Funny as it does not happen when my team loses.

So frustrating...

From what I have been reading people think it's from the the supply drop outfits and helmets when you are in the winners circle. Try going back to all default outfits and cammos on your classes and see if you get disconnected the next time you win.

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
Yup, I know the feeling. Played a bit yesterday, me and another guy emptied our clips, switched to pistols AND still couldn't kill each other. We actuall tried to melee each other once or twice but even still failed at that. We ended up running away from each other. That was the biggest wtf moment and had the biggest laugh ever.

Damn I suck, lol!

This made me LOL. I imagine you like this..

HandsomeCourteousElver-max-1mb.gif

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have two questions about multiplayer. 1) how is progression? Does it feel like MW2 where there was a steady flow of unlocks and things worth going after? And 2) how bad are the loot boxes? Shoved in your face or easily ignored? I'm debating picking it up (actually based on Alex's videos above. Looks like classic CoD I've missed for a while.)

In all honesty I have no idea about the progression, I've pretty much stuck with the grease gun and the bar I used a permanent unlock token on, along with the basic espionage perk as it's still broken and feels like a must use perk.

I️ haven't opened many drops as I'm saving them for when the weapons get added, it is very grindy and is at the base of literally everything you do in the game but it's not in your face.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
At this point I just hope battlefront gets me like the last one did.

Gonna fire this dumpster fire up in a few, I know I say I'm at the end of my line but I really keep tryin just because I want to enjoy it... It's why I keep playing.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want to get to at least prestige 1 before Battlefront comes out. It's 2XP this weekend so I hope the game cooperates.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
It's so fucking Unreal, I am trying to not be to aggressive... I'm just tryin to be careful and battle smart and Its so fucking lame because I'm sitting here like this

swtn.gif

And I end with a fucking 8-8, and everyone just casually has 15 18 kills like nothing.

I swear I fucking hate call of duty omg...

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I want to play against people who are on the same level as me. I want to play against other late-30s dudes who have an hour or two each night to play this game, and we all kind of suck at it, but at least we all suck equally.

Can I be apart of the "I'm too old for this shit" clan? And that's exactly the problem, you're not matched with someone who has the same skill and progression. Whenever I play I'm almost always the only one below 20 while everyone is 40+. They're better, have the better weapons, know the maps, etc. I think that if we could play with a lobby filled with people on our level things would be much smoother and friendly. Back in the MW1 and 2 I always felt like this was done well (at least until 35+ level).
The thing about no one playing objectives is also true, but that was always the case. Most HQ matches I get around 2min securing the HQ (always top 3-5 overall) and end up having a ridiculously low K/Dr.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
Can I be apart of the "I'm too old for this shit" clan? And that's exactly the problem, you're not matched with someone who has the same skill and progression. Whenever I play I'm almost always the only one below 20 while everyone is 40+. They're better, have the better weapons, know the maps, etc. I think that if we could play with a lobby filled with people on our level things would be much smoother and friendly. Back in the MW1 and 2 I always felt like this was done well (at least until 35+ level).
The thing about no one playing objectives is also true, but that was always the case. Most HQ matches I get around 2min securing the HQ (always top 3-5 overall) and end up having a ridiculously low K/Dr.
Dont mistake level for ability - you cannot ever go backwards, so all level is, is a visual indication of time spent on the game. Yes, someone who is 4.00 k/d ratio Youtube-superstar is going to get to 40 or 55 or prestige 10 or whatever faster than anyone else with a sub <4.00 k/d ratio - but every single person who invests enough time could get there. I'm a 1.1 k/d ratio player, who deliberately likes to play in a non-standard way, and I'm about to hit prestige 2. But I've played a bunch, that's all.

Toa TAK

Oct 25, 2017
It's a little thing, but I like seeing the artwork pieces of the map during the loading screen.

Egg is making the graphics for it. He has been flying a lot for work unexpectedly so he is a bit behind. This weekend it should be up.
Cool, no rush or anything. Pretty excited for the game.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
So you had better teammates the 2nd match. I don't see the problem. Some times I carry my team other times other people do.

It's the principle of just how backwards the game is match to match is all. It's not just one example but the overall feel of the game is just out of whack at times. The point tho also is that the 2nd match we won the team we fought weren't as good yet they were destroying me. First match they were a better team and i was actually in the mix abit

Gonna post a match here in a few that I actually rolled in and curious what some think I can do to improve.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's so fucking Unreal, I am trying to not be to aggressive... I'm just tryin to be careful and battle smart and Its so fucking lame because I'm sitting here like this

swtn.gif

And I end with a fucking 8-8, and everyone just casually has 15 18 kills like nothing.

I swear I fucking hate call of duty omg...

I feel you man. In war I am doing OK, any other mode and forget it, it's like MLG Game battles every round with people jump shooting and drop shouting everywhere pre firing.

Hilariously enough, 2x XP isn't actually working, despite the on-screen indications..

Really??

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have two questions about multiplayer. 1) how is progression? Does it feel like MW2 where there was a steady flow of unlocks and things worth going after? And 2) how bad are the loot boxes? Shoved in your face or easily ignored? I'm debating picking it up (actually based on Alex's videos above. Looks like classic CoD I've missed for a while.)

As far as progression goes, yes, there is a constant flow and you're always unlocking stuff. When it comes to you progressing as a player and get better, well, just read the last posts.
Regarding the loot boxes, they can be ignored easily. I don't even know what all the fuss is about. When walking around HQ there's always an icon on the bottom right corner saying loot boxes, and you can check how much you have. But there's no really push to open them (aside from a mission early on).

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Twitter update says dedicated servers offline and P2P should expect normal things like host migration.

What a fucking mess.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh

Well here's the Dude in action.. I'd love any critique. The thing for me is I don't expect to go 23-5 every match but I just don't feel I should be blown out to such lengths in some matches. Losing I can do, but not when I can't even move...that's when the game loses me..

But in any case, I'm not saying the patch severely changed thjs game but I will say that I'm finding it a bit easier to roll and enjoy myself, not sure what it might be.. Could totally be coincidence.

Course this seems to change match to match lol

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
To the Zombie crowd, is it possible for an average player to go through it alone? Does the game adjust difficulty accordingly?

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
To the Zombie crowd, is it possible for an average player to go through it alone? Does the game adjust difficulty accordingly?
I think it spawns less zombies, but its probably not easier because you're getting less currency to level up and all the zombies are only going at you the entire time. At least it felt that way when I tried solo. But no one plays the objective in online either so I don't know.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC

Well here's the Dude in action.. I'd love any critique. The thing for me is I don't expect to go 23-5 every match but I just don't feel I should be blown out to such lengths in some matches. Losing I can do, but not when I can't even move...that's when the game loses me..

But in any case, I'm not saying the patch severely changed thjs game but I will say that I'm finding it a bit easier to roll and enjoy myself, not sure what it might be.. Could totally be coincidence.

Great stuff. Three things I noticed. One, Shoot down your care packages. Two, be wary of your teammate locations. At one point your whole squad was at the other side of the map when you noticed that be very easy because you are most likely at their spawn. Three, don't push so strong when their Recon flight is in the air, be passive. Great aim btw.

Deleted member 15848

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Great stuff. Three things I noticed. One, Shoot down your care packages. Two, be wary of your teammate locations. At one point your whole squad was at the other side of the map when you noticed that be very easy because you are most likely at their spawn. Three, don't push so strong when their Recon flight is in the air, be passive. Great aim btw.

I had no idea you could shoot down care packages

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Last couple games I've been losing gunfights legitimately, went just negative one game, 11-6 the next. Too small a sample size to get excited but so far so good.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh

Ha I never knew I could shoot them down, thanks for the tip!

Yea I actually try to stay in proximity of my team but I do venture out sometime a bit or get caught on the other side. And that's a good thought for when they have a recon up, those are the little things that I just didn't think bout much but I'll keep in mind and try to use.

And yea I have always tried to be solid with aiming in games rather spray to much, i feel like such a nub any time I spray kill someone lol

iLorah

Oct 31, 2017
Thought I'd hop in here and read others options on the game! Already a little bored of the multiplayer, I'm not having fun in it despite thinking I would be! I'll give zombies a go and might trade it in already. Matches feel pretty much the same over and over again, not getting that urge for 'just one more match!' At least the loading has sped up a little between matches though!

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta

When you're hurt and primary is empty, switch to secondary and back up into cover instead of trying to turn around and run for cover.
Section (or pie, some people call it) your corners, turning in and keeping the gun pointed at what's being exposed - not off somewhere else.
I hate throwing grenades at the start of the match before you see anyone. Save it for when you can lob it where you know there's targets.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017

what gun is that?

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
You are the 1%.

Whatever happened to the promise of matchmaking based on skill? Some company is going to come along and nail that someday, but it apparently won't be Call of Duty. I want to play against people who are on the same level as me. I want to play against other late-30s dudes who have an hour or two each night to play this game, and we all kind of suck at it, but at least we all suck equally.

On another note, the way this game calculates who wins one-on-one shootouts is crazy. We're all used to being killed when we feel we shouldn't have been ("I shot him 5 times and then he turned around and casually killed me!") but now I'm starting to see the opposite. I'm walking up on guys who are shooting me, and I'm fumbling to get my weapon up, and suddenly I headshot him and he's dead. I had no business winning that gunfight and I know it! So what the heck is going on??

Also make sure you have your display device set to game mode. Anything higher than 40ms of input lag and you're really putting yourself at a disadvantage.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
This garbage is unplayable right now. People teleporting all over the place. That and taking forever to find a match

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone on XB1 got their preorder bonuses yet? My upgrade pac (the one with free token to unlock any gun and some other things) is yet to appear in the game, even though the code was accepted days ago.

Oct 27, 2017
Ive tried with this game but the multiplayer is really bad imo and lacks real atmosphere. Perhaps i thought it would be like cod 2, ill be trading it for battlefront i think on friday. Its a shame as i wanted to like it but its a shadow of its former self

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
They need to remove the rapid fire attachment from most, if not all, the rifles and SMGs in my opinion. It's ridiculously powerful to the point where it's a must pick on almost every weapon and it makes the weapons themselves impossible to balance independently of it.

I mean, outside of snipers, semi-auto rifles and some of the shotguns I can't think of a single gun you don't choose rapid fire for.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For those having issues with Orders and Contracts, apparently, there's a fix! (unofficial).

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7c109b/i_think_i_just_found_a_fix_for_the_bug_with_the/

"After a game when you can see the scoreboard and your points gained in this round, you can alsobsee your contracrs and orders when you tap R1.. My contracts were shown there now and I could claim my rewards.. Now the tutorial quest is also done.. Give it a try and tell me if it does work to you

Sorry for my broken english, I'm from germany :)"

Multiple users said it works.

(How do we put text in block quotes?)