• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
For what it's worth, I play COD like Doom or Quake - almost pure run & gun, and I normally finish top 3 in most every game. My K/D naturally hovers around 1.10 - that's the downside, but I hate sniping and not super keen on ADS, to be honest.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
For what it's worth, I play COD like Doom or Quake - almost pure run & gun, and I normally finish top 3 in most every game. My K/D naturally hovers around 1.10 - that's the downside, but I hate sniping and not super keen on ADS, to be honest.
You need to ADS in games like COD or BF(depends on ranges of course). You control the bullet spread doing that.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not liking the MP map design too much.
Some are fine, with well thought out choke points and flanking routes, but some feel like linear Day of defeat maps (from what I remember of that game).

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
You need to ADS in games like COD or BF(depends on ranges of course). You control the bullet spread doing that.
I know - but I play it like I play it, I'm just coming up for prestige 2 and don't seem to be having too many issues. I've played and prestige every single other COD from 4 onwards so I know my own play style - I just have more fun run & gun. Made it to prestige 8 or so in WaW, 5 or so in BO2 etc etc

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Someone asked about emblems. Here's the one I'm currently using:

wfj5d.jpg

Tried to make the Prestige 8 emblem from Black Ops 2. Was always a fan of it.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to be that guy, but it's kind of tough to go from rolling 4.0+ KDR average in blops 3 to struggling to maintain a 2.0 here

I'm starting to think I'm gonna need to really alter my loadouts depending on the map, and that includes going sniper on the train map

I dig this game, but it's a very different beast than blops 3, despite the same core mechanics

Hell, even in WAW you could stack stats much easier than here, RIP dogs

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to be that guy, but it's kind of tough to go from rolling 4.0+ KDR average in blops 3 to struggling to maintain a 2.0 here

I'm starting to think I'm gonna need to really alter my loadouts depending on the map, and that includes going sniper on the train map

I dig this game, but it's a very different beast than blops 3, despite the same core mechanics

Agreed here, it's a way different game for me. I mostly go sniper or assault rifle for Gustav Cannon. I really hate that map though. I do have a better W/L ratio though in this game than the old ones.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017

I believe its the lack of killstreaks dominating the games like before, they are harder to obtain and once you do, there are barely that can do a lot of damage and kills to rack up on your kill total.

Also it doesn't help every gun fight is unpredictable.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH

You are the 1%.

Whatever happened to the promise of matchmaking based on skill? Some company is going to come along and nail that someday, but it apparently won't be Call of Duty. I want to play against people who are on the same level as me. I want to play against other late-30s dudes who have an hour or two each night to play this game, and we all kind of suck at it, but at least we all suck equally.

On another note, the way this game calculates who wins one-on-one shootouts is crazy. We're all used to being killed when we feel we shouldn't have been ("I shot him 5 times and then he turned around and casually killed me!") but now I'm starting to see the opposite. I'm walking up on guys who are shooting me, and I'm fumbling to get my weapon up, and suddenly I headshot him and he's dead. I had no business winning that gunfight and I know it! So what the heck is going on??

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Lol that's definitely me!
Ha. I make so many dumb mistakes in this game, especially when it's a one-on-one situation. I mess it up in so many creative ways that I surprise myself at just how dumb I play.

But the funniest thing is when I can tell I'm encountering someone else who plays the same as me. In a matter of 5 seconds, we both fumble around and do a lot of dumb things, and whenever I win a situation like that, I can't help laughing because I know the other guy is just as mad as I usually am at myself.

Scoobert

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, I know the feeling. Played a bit yesterday, me and another guy emptied our clips, switched to pistols AND still couldn't kill each other. We actuall tried to melee each other once or twice but even still failed at that. We ended up running away from each other. That was the biggest wtf moment and had the biggest laugh ever.

Damn I suck, lol!

Drey1082

Oct 27, 2017
So...this is my first COD game ever and I keep getting destroyed and matched against players 40-50 levels above my own. Any begginers tip? How do I get gud? Help me please :(

Not that I'm a pro, but here's my advice to get better fast.

1) Each time you die take a second to ask yourself "what did I do wrong there?" Did i reload when i shouldn't have? Did I rush around that corner when I should have held back? Should I have used my grenade there to flush that guy out as opposed to pushing forward? Practice makes perfect.

2) Use the minimap if you aren't. You should be looking at that map constantly. Like every few seconds.

3) Learn the maps. One thing that separates good players is knowing the spawn systems in various maps. Understanding how spawns work allows you to understand where enemies are likely to come from and give you an advantage.

4) Do this drill https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxDrWmwjHcQ . I'm a big fan of this YouTuber's COD drills and these things help immensely with learning your aiming. I would always warm up with similar drills for about 5 min and when you actually go into a match, you'll notice immediate improvement.

5) Watch Youtube and twich players. This is a great resource. TheXclusiveAce and Driftor are great resources I've found for learning the game and understanding higher level tactics. See what they do and utilize their techniques.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
  • Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 to 6 seconds. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
Now fix it so your entire team doesn't get to see you.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Just prestiged (and maxed) the Infantry Division. Only 4 prestiges.

The last unlock is a variant for the SVT-40.

There was a glitch with the challenges. I unlocked all the ones for Domination and I should have gotten the calling card but it still said 8/9. The patch made it say 9/9 and it's officially done but the calling card is still locked, lol.

As much as I'm enjoying the game, it's been a terrible launch.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gustav Cannon is an auto sniper loadout pick imo, people are at a severe disadvantage playing any other class. It's probably my most kd friendly map because of the easy kills you get against others using smgs and other weapons without enough range.

Oct 29, 2017
Don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the patch had fixed the challenge to win every game mode, so that a top-three place finish counts as a win in free-for-all.
Which is just as well, because there was no way I was ever going to win one.
In fact, I only managed a top-three because I got put in a four-man lobby.
These people moaning because they can only manage a 2.0 k/d. My heart bleeds for you. It really does.

Najaf

Oct 26, 2017
Houston, TX
The last four matches in a row that I've won, I've gotten disconnected from server and not received credit for the win. Four in a row. Funny as it does not happen when my team loses.

So frustrating...

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
The last four matches in a row that I've won, I've gotten disconnected from server and not received credit for the win. Four in a row. Funny as it does not happen when my team loses.

So frustrating...

I would say that this is just confirmation bias.. but this is exactly my experience too. I've missed a ton of wins this way, and gone from a 60% win/loss ratio, to a 45% and dropping - mainly domination. Worst was a 43-7 game I had, that disconnected at the end. Bloody annoying.

Spoopy

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles/Belfast
" Hey guys, we hear you and hated the loading time between matches is hellacious. We fixed it. Now we'll just disconnect you from the server after each match. Problem solved."

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seems we can't embed more than two pieces of media. XD

Final score and one more clip. Seriously, how does matchmaking work?

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems almost cheating shooting fish in a barrel on operation Neptune with the mg40 nests getting merciless streaks etc

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Domination is my go to mode but it's annoying when your teammates don't really help. Countless times they just run past the point while I'm capping it, sometimes I die, but if they'd stood on the point with me we would have capped it. Hardpoint is really fun but even more frustrating when your team don't even try.

I haven't played in a few days, hoping to get a few games in tonight.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Another emblem I made. Could be improved in some parts:

llkok.jpg

I wish I could remember the emblems I did in BO2. Had a ton of fun TRYING to make them come out nice lol.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
God I️ had the most annoying team mates earlier in war mode, he literally ran through the bunker I️ was trying to capture and put the other end without Sven stopping, inthen fot killed by two enemies...

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I have two questions about multiplayer. 1) how is progression? Does it feel like MW2 where there was a steady flow of unlocks and things worth going after? And 2) how bad are the loot boxes? Shoved in your face or easily ignored? I'm debating picking it up (actually based on Alex's videos above. Looks like classic CoD I've missed for a while.)

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the patch had fixed the challenge to win every game mode, so that a top-three place finish counts as a win in free-for-all.
Which is just as well, because there was no way I was ever going to win one.
In fact, I only managed a top-three because I got put in a four-man lobby.
These people moaning because they can only manage a 2.0 k/d. My heart bleeds for you. It really does.
Man this is great news. I was so pissed about that challenge. Outside of that though I am loving this game. I have played a ton of mp on the OneX and I haven't had an problems yet.