• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Every match is fucking identical now. Match starts, other team has a guy with 4 or 5 kills, another with 2 or 3... Score is like 3-11 within 30 seconds, that's your ball game..

If the patch doesn't solve anything it's gone for me, I can't take it.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, was about to post. Not sure if the patch notes will be on the PS4 system or got to go to the website.

impact

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Tampa
well the double XP shit is actually working now

let's hope they fixed the servers to be just a bit more consistent

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Patch notes! Quicksopers will hate it.

COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES

• Connectivity improvements and optimizations
  • Fixed de-ranking issues
  • Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen
  • Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes
  • General UI improvements
  • Loading optimizations
  • Splitscreen functionality improvements
  • Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added
  • Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)
  • Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont
  • Espionage Basic Training – Reduced painted time from 10 to 6 seconds. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.
  • Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.
  • Fixed infinite flamethrower bug
  • XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune
  • Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing
  • Emblem Editor and visualization improvements
  • GameBattles Improvements
  • Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
COD: WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES

BUFFs

• Walther Toggle Action Shotgun – Damage increased at extremely close range
  • Bren LMG – Increased damage per shot
  • LMG Bipod – Sped up ADS time when in Bipod stance
NERFs

• BAR Rifle – decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread
  • STG44 Rifle – widened hip fire spread
  • FG42 Rifle – increased recoil and widened hip fire spread
  • Machine Pistol – decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS – Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The change to Espionage is good but six seconds still still seems too long.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
First post yada yada!

Playing now post-patch - nothing seems to have changed, still got disconnected at the end of a Dom match, still doesn't load anyone into HQ (albeit this is probably a server-side decision), double XP is noted as being in play but doesn't seem to work, etc etc..

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And I still can't get into a match!!!

FYI, Activision pulled the patch notes page from their site. No idea why. I'll update it when and if they change it.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Net code still feels like crap?

Feels the same. It just seemed at first the psychos were maybe slowed down a bit.. 3rd match here and got quick scoped a few times and it's back to business as usual with guys buzzing around from every direction.

But see this match was decent I just had... But not sure if Its because dudes are downloading

Last edited:

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
Wow, so 2x XP doesn't work, it still struggles to load things post match (so the grid of players etc), it still isn't tracking wins against Orders correctly ("win 20 objective matches" for instance), it hasn't credited me for the c.30 matches I've been disconnected from, and it *still* disconnects me at the end of 1-in-2 matches.

I have no idea what this patch is supposed to have done..

EDIT: It's also not my connection, I have a 350Mbs, 10m/s fibre optic connection..

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
This patch doesn't seem to have done anything. I've noticed nothing different only that it says 2x xp now.
It seems to say, but not actually give you any benefit from it, either, unfortunately.

I love the game, and I've had a week off on annual leave from work to play it but man, it's been rough so far. Really unpolished in many areas and some fundamental issues with it.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
Sorry to spam the thread, but patch notes care of SHG_Hammer on reddit:

COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER UPDATES:

• Connectivity improvements and optimizations

• Fixed de-ranking issues

• Addressed an issue where players encountered an infinite load screen

• Leaderboard stability improvements and bug fixes

• General UI improvements

• Loading optimizations

• Splitscreen functionality improvements

• Added new unlock inventory stars to indicate when new items are added

• Adjusted hit marker audio to be higher default level (note: can be adjusted in settings)

• Fixed out of world exploits on Gustav Cannon and Sainte Marie du Mont

• Espionage Basic Training - Reduced painted time from 10 seconds to 6. Made it so only bullet damage paints you.

• Weapon tuning to allow for one shot kills outside of hardcore mode, enabling challenge completion.

• Fixed infinite flamethrower bug

• XP Earn rate tuned in Operation Neptune

• Fix issue of shotgun variants not appearing

• Emblem Editor and visualization improvements

• GameBattles Improvements

• Fixed Gridiron Ball exploits
COD:WWII MULTIPLAYER WEAPON TUNING UPDATES:

BUFFs -

• Walther Toggle Action Shotgun - Damage increased at extremely close range

• Bren LMG - Increased damage per shot

• LMG Bipod - Sped up ADS time when in bipod stance
NERFs -

• BAR Rifle - decreased fire rate and widened hip fire spread

• STG44 Rifle - widened hip fire spread

• FG42 Rifle - increased recoil and widened hip fire spread

• Machine Pistol - decreased damage ranges
SNIPER CLASS - Fixed a bug with all Sniper Rifles zooming to exact center when aiming down the sights.

COD:WWII NAZI ZOMBIES UPDATES:

• Zombie Map Exploit Fix - clipping into a zombie spawn closet using revive mechanic in Laboratory

• Fixed Klaus pathing

• Fixed out of world exploit - The Final Reich
Be on the lookout for an additional update tomorrow, along with Call of Duty: WWII PC Game Updates.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
And this is why I think I need to send this piece of garbage packing... I mean even if they fixed stuff like this I'm just realizing this is not worth the brain cells to be good at when a game is this lame. And even tho i know kill cams aren't always accurate, the difference is in my game I was hidden behind a wall... The dude just shot me. And the first guy that was my Bar right to his face.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
And this is why I think I need to send this piece of garbage packing... I mean even if they fixed stuff like this I'm just realizing this is not worth the brain cells to be good at when a game is this lame. And even tho i know kill cams aren't always accurate, the difference is in my game I was hidden behind a wall... The dude just shot me. And the first guy that was my Bar right to his face.

I mean he does have FMJ and is shooting through a wall.

JayBabay

Oct 25, 2017
California
Me and 2 other friends can't get into a game at all right now on PS4. Tried closing and reopening, different modes, etc. It just counts down to start a game and then just before it gets to 1 second left it shows us looking for another game. Wtf?

Snowden

Oct 25, 2017

Well since Modern Warfare you have been able to be shot through walls so I'm not really seeing the issue with this clip. There are lots of things to be mad about with this game but this isn't one of them.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
But still the guy I shot right in the face there, those hit markers are enough for shooting someone in the face.. When I shoot someone across the map they sometimes drop faster than shooting someone that close.

Oct 27, 2017
This patch didn't fix my HQ bug where I can no longer turn in orders, nor did it fix the nonredeemable double XP in my mailbox.

And now my brother and I can't get into matches at all.

Also they're nerfing the BAR when it's one of the very few guns that actually feels good to play with instead of buffing the 20 other guns that are complete garbage.

This game is a mess.

JetSetSoul

Oct 28, 2017
I hope this patch does some good performance work. Was counting my frames tonight in single player, not something I'm at all used to in cod.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The games more fucked now then what it was 30 minutes ago. Can't join matches. Lag is worse. I can't. I'm done with this shit

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
I guess.. It's just weird because no other game I recall dudes just shooting thru walls without the graphics to show it, unless it's an explosion and what not.

Yeah I ran a lot of FMJ in other CoDs and got a lot of wall kills. It comes in handy when someone is peeking a corner and they step back as you're hitting them.

But still the guy I shot right in the face there, those hit markers are enough for shooting someone in the face.. When I shoot someone across the map they sometimes drop faster than shooting someone that close.

Yeah you got four hit markers, I don't know how he didn't die. We've also seen it illustrated in the video of the guy failing to get kills after three hits with a semi auto from close range.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I don't see a difference at all. I don't feel anything different too.

Domination kills, ADS, etc. all the promised beta changes should be out by now. No word from SHG about it or if it'll ever come.

Just annoyed at this point. Has a COD dev ever been this non-communicative before? They need a Community Manager.

At least Treyarch has Vahn who always updates players.

Can't wait for 2018 COD since it'll be Treyarch's turn. :P

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
BAR is still too good. That combined with the fact that SMGs weren't nerfed and the STG got a nothing nerf makes this patch just complete shit.

Kill feed is nothing but the PPSH, I'm over it.

henhowc

Oct 26, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Hate when they release a patch at weird hours and suddenly you can't play or find anyone anymore.

Are some of the dailies bugged? I keep killing ppl with flame shells but it's not logging those kills. Same with launchers...

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Yeah after the patch I can't even get into a game lol.... just a full lobby of players with the counter going down from 12 and then looping back to 12 and then down again, or just me continuously searching for a potential game.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I can't believe he changed the time of espionage, and not the actual problem with it, being that all teammates/enemies in FFA get the benefit also.

I'm also surprised they gave the FG42 a good nerf and not the STG lol