• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Not disagreeing with you at all. Just saying how bad espionage is. And even when you do have a good connection don't be surprised why you got bunny hop pre-fire to death a lot due to espionage being broken. Just detailing how to deal with it. But yeah the netcode is fucking garbage right now.

Yeah I had NO idea about espionage until you mentioned it, forgot to thank you for bringing that up. Actually throwing that on, and telling friends to do so, lol.

Hallelujah! Finally! Something...

https://twitter.com/MichaelCondrey/status/928740168978202624

#CODWWII game update coming tonight/tomorrow morning. Thank you so much for your continued patience. We're working around the clock to address improvements and open items in order to make the game the best possible for fans. Stay tuned to @SHGames for more details.

HOPE IS ALIVE!

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Given up on MP tonight. Feel like every decision I make is wrong and no matter what way I play and gun I use I am terrible.

To zombies it is.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Given up on MP tonight. Feel like every decision I make is wrong and no matter what way I play and gun I use I am terrible.

To zombies it is.

That sentiment seems to be increasing daily around here from what it seems.

I'm about to rank to 52 or 53, and I am sitting at 1.17... And I'm coming to the conclusion that unless it changes I'll have to throw in the towel and realize I'm nothing but a shit stain in the world of cod players because I'm the same, anything I do is typically wrong. Doesn't matter the load out either, there's a guy in every door behind me, flanking me, or a sniper, or someone that is just pegging me with their ARs like they're snipers, it's endless.

The thing is I could deal with some wonky hit markers at times if I just wasnt constantly getting rammed from nonstop cross fire or doorways etc.

Hope that update can just settle this game down a bit

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That sentiment seems to be increasing daily around here from what it seems.

I'm about to rank to 52 or 53, and I am sitting at 1.17... And I'm coming to the conclusion that unless it changes I'll have to throw in the towel and realize I'm nothing but a shit stain in the world of cod players because I'm the same, anything I do is typically wrong. Doesn't matter the load out either, there's a guy in every door behind me, flanking me, or a sniper, or someone that is just pegging me with their ARs like they're snipers, it's endless.

The thing is I could deal with some wonky hit markers at times if I just wasnt constantly getting rammed from nonstop cross fire or doorways etc.

Hope that update can just settle this game down a bit

Everybody feels the same, I think. There is a patch later so hopefully, it stabilizes the servers, and fixes a few glaring issues.

Oct 27, 2017
War mode has truly made this a fun game for me. Tried Domination mode twice, and that was good enough for me. I have no interest in Team deathmatch.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I picked this up Friday. First time playing CoD in at least a year and a half. I reallllllly suck and it's frustrating. I normally average about a 1.5 K/D in these games and stick exclusively to TDM because I get annoyed that no one plays the objectives in other game modes. I'm lucky to be at 1.0 right now. I know some of it is being unfamiliar with the maps and weapons, but I still get grumpy about it. It hurts a little more because I think it's probably related to the fact that I am getting old (38). AH WELL, back to the meat grinder.
Hey don't worry my KD is something like 0.6 lol - I'm trying to improve it just i sabotaged myself for a longtime running and gunning like I would in IW lol

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I just can't catch a break. My best games are the ones I end up around 1.10-1.20, but I'm currently at 0,7. Had a HQ game with 13-28 and felt miserable :( I don't know what it is, I can't blame it all on server issues because sometimes I think that that was the problem but no, the game legitimately played better, was there first/saw me first. I'm starting to feel that maybe I'm just old and reflexes aren't that good anymore (I'm 28). It sucks because I really like the game. I guess I'll have to deal with getting bad scores and try to have fun.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
My issues with the game.

1) TKing in hardcore is out of hand. Bring back ricochet.

2) Losing gun fight after gun fight. I know this will never be perfect but it's piss poor right now.

3) Spawn killing and the spawns not flipping at times.

4) The amount of time between matches.

5) The UI and how hard it can be to find stuff.

6) HQ enough said. I think HQ is causing a lot of issues for the game.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
I fucking love HQ. This game will be something lesser if HQ wasn't there. It makes everything feel way more alive, even if it's currently deprived of non-party members.

I love it so much, I want every CoD after this one to have something similar.
What's the General consensus on the Thompson SMG? Is it a good enough gun overall?

Silenced Thompson slays. That thing, in the right hands, can singlehandedly dominate matches.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe Gustav sucks in other game modes, but in TDM I personally have no problem with it now. I just move around the perimeter the entire time, glancing up at the cannon once in awhile. I feel like you can maneuver it in such a way that you don't frequently have to deal with snipers at anything beyond mid to close range.

Not saying it's a great map, it seems like a lazy attempt to make a Derail type map, but I don't think sniping is a huge problem with it.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm in the same boat as you guys. I just can't catch a break. My best games are the ones I end up around 1.10-1.20, but I'm currently at 0,7. Had a HQ game with 13-28 and felt miserable :( I don't know what it is, I can't blame it all on server issues because sometimes I think that that was the problem but no, the game legitimately played better, was there first/saw me first. I'm starting to feel that maybe I'm just old and reflexes aren't that good anymore (I'm 28). It sucks because I really like the game. I guess I'll have to deal with getting bad scores and try to have fun.

I thought that to but then I can go into halo, bf, crucible, even Overwatch and still have myself a field day. It's the game man.

It's just funny because it's not a twitch shooter and everyone will claim it's not, but it definitely is way more twitchy in nature than just about any other modern day shooter

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I thought that to but then I can go into halo, bf, crucible, even Overwatch and still have myself a field day. It's the game man.

It's just funny because it's not a twitch shooter and everyone will claim it's not, but it definitely is way more twitchy in nature than just about any other modern day shooter

It definitely is the more twitchy shooter around, I thought that was a given. I used to be really good at COD and was great at R6 Siege. Maybe there's something with the game, I just can't quite figure out what.

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO this game is so fucked, I used my double XP today and it isn't even working, first match I play ranks up Airborne and PPSH when I used Infantry and STG the whole game?

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
It definitely is the more twitchy shooter around, I thought that was a given. I used to be really good at COD and was great at R6 Siege. Maybe there's something with the game, I just can't quite figure out what.

People always go to great lengths to say it's not tho, but yea it's definitely a form of twitch.

I really think it's map layout and that battle flows aren't really held in front of you.. Most other shooters people aren't always just flanking or rushing from behind "nonstop". This game has openings every damn place so you just have people nonstop from every angle.

Think of it, you constantly have to be lookin everywhere. In other games you gotta be lookin but not nearly every fucking second 10 times in a room.

After that I don't know.... But I do know that I also deplored ghosts.

I hate generalize also but this series I also forsee as being the young kid, college student type shooter for those who have literally all day nonstop to play.

It just seems like this game is the one that every single crazy hyper kid is playing. I don't see most kids playing Battlefield because it's perception is that it's slower in which it is, but it's still fast paced battle in that you can't just stick your head out there or run like crazy without a plan. Same with other shooters...halo for example has insane players but it's not every single match.

I just can't get over how even someone Rollin 3-10 in a match seems to have the awareness and reflexes of a hawk

Deleted member 1759

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
I'm eligible for prestige now (17,5h in-game, 27h Steam time). Just to be safe: I'll keep my challenge progress and weapon skins I've unlocked when I enter prestige, right?

Kevin Shields

Oct 27, 2017
Really only interested in this for the campaign... Is there a consensus as to the quality? Really enjoyed Infinite Warfare.

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017
Really only interested in this for the campaign... Is there a consensus as to the quality? Really enjoyed Infinite Warfare.

I think the consensus is positive but a tired formula. In my opinion its a worse version of IW's story. I think IW sat the bar too high for a COD game with it's characters/set pieces/theme of sacrifice.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
The M1 garand brutal to use. Youre outclassed, out gunned and you miss even at point blank. So frustrating trying to unlock camo using it

lovinglogs

Oct 25, 2017
Just bought it today. Can't wait to try it out. I'm hoping it gives me the same feeling as when I played mw2-Black ops 2.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I hate this game so bad right now but I can't stop fucking trying to turn a corner.

If that patch helps things I'll be so happy.

The game is impossible and I don't know how people do well. I'm on that snow map, which is the size of China yet every corner I turn there is someone is there to kill me.

I am so bad at this game that out of every ten games I might be positive once.

Also Team Deathmatch is rarely close. you are killing the team or they're killing you.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
But aren't they doing both? DLC and loot crates and everyone expects weapons to be added to loot crates in the future.

Well of course there doing both because unfortunately they can get away with it.

And it only took 52 games but the lag compensation gods finally went my way and I went 31-5. I was literally untouchable.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I think the serrated perk + sneaky suit is the most fun I've ever had in a CoD. You can go on a melee/throwing knife tear out of nowhere

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Wow so not only did I have a fantastic round before but I just unlocked a heroic svt40 and a epic fg42 in back to back crates.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Yo. looks like my favorite perk is "lookout" It helps a ton. You can see their name(And rank icon really huge) even if you are not looking directly at their direction. Is freaking nuts. I'm using it with my SMG class.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So, while everyone's waiting for the patch, anyone want to share their emblems? I want to do a compilation of the good/better ones and how to make them. Haha! :D I don't even try since whenever I do, it ends up like someone vomited noodles and orange slices on the floor. :(

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
Damn there's some serious hate for Gustav! I personally don't mind it for certain game modes, DOM is mainly what I play so it makes a change having a larger map compared to the rest and actually take care with your life knowing you'll be out of the action for abit when you respawn. If we've got our spawn flag and B I'll tend to patrol a certain flank or attempt to take B if we don't. Hard point is the worst mode for it due to the limited sprint and the distance the between the hard points.

I've been working through the challenges in the HQ for some free easy XP. Here's the Fall Guy Challenge if anyone wants to see it (fall 38ft), there's also a ball inside the lookout when you're on top if you're after 3 of them and a small Easter egg when you're on top that I crouch next to.