• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed the R&R table in HQ!

wkydzjC.jpg

yankeeh8er

Oct 26, 2017
Dracula Georgia
Man my wife convinced me to buy this game. I hadn't seen any media of tried the beta or anything, and I am so glad I did. The mp is fantastic. I am really liking the different divisions and such. It also looks really good on the XboxOneX which is nice.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Is map rotation completely busted for anyone like it is for me? I played war for 3 hours last night and never saw the snow map once. It just loaded operation Neptune over and over and over. It was making me livid.

And on the normal modes, I still havent played half of the maps because Gibraltar loads 3 out of every 4 maps. Why!

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
So I am loving this game so far. My only 2 complaints are that one I don't really like the loot box mechanics of getting them randomly, but whatever. I also don't really get the play of the game ending. Every time it's some dude that kills 3 people, but literally has the worst score on the team or is on the losing team. How is that the play of the game? I had a game with a 10 kill streak, with 5 of them being basically at the same time, but somebody got the play of the game by shooting 2 people and then hitting someone else with a grenade quickly. What? Maybe I am just salty lol.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
Gustav cannon is fucking dreadful.
Based on what I'd heard, I was ready to hate it. I actually like it. I just keep to the edges of the map and had some success. I'm a sucker for snow maps, though.

There are a couple maps I hate, though. The ship (USS Texas, I think?) is awful. Snipers just camp out on either end and if you try going down either side, you're dead. Or at least I am. That leaves me to go through the middle which is just a meat grinder of death.

I also dislike the one that's a bombed-out town that's on fire. Forget the name.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I picked this up Friday. First time playing CoD in at least a year and a half. I reallllllly suck and it's frustrating. I normally average about a 1.5 K/D in these games and stick exclusively to TDM because I get annoyed that no one plays the objectives in other game modes. I'm lucky to be at 1.0 right now. I know some of it is being unfamiliar with the maps and weapons, but I still get grumpy about it. It hurts a little more because I think it's probably related to the fact that I am getting old (38). AH WELL, back to the meat grinder.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Gustav and the naval ship are moron map design.

Gustav eliminates 80% of the weapon pool to be even useful .

Naval ship does that too but its bigger issue is the horrible spawn placement. If one team gets to the edge where spawns don't flip then they are subjected to being spawn killed on loop.

Both maps should be taken out of rotation and should definitely not have a presence in ranked when it launches.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Did anyone else have a problem with the time limit for
catching up to the train
in single player? The time limit seemed awfully short, what with all the enemies they throw at you.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of hate for the Gustav map, and yeah, I can see where it's coming from.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the person who designed it isn't used to multiplayer games, gameplay balance, variation in engagements, etc. It just reeks of, I hate to say it, amateur-ish game design.

"Let's put B flag in the center with ledges where people can put mines, camp with sniper rifles!" "Oh, let's make the two other flags super far apart! Never mind sprint is slow and the player gets tired from walking 10 feet!"

Glassboy

Oct 27, 2017
Quickscoping is garbage and these maps feel way to small. Whatever netcode this game is running on feels like garbage. I wish I didn't get this game digitally

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up Friday. First time playing CoD in at least a year and a half. I reallllllly suck and it's frustrating. I normally average about a 1.5 K/D in these games and stick exclusively to TDM because I get annoyed that no one plays the objectives in other game modes. I'm lucky to be at 1.0 right now. I know some of it is being unfamiliar with the maps and weapons, but I still get grumpy about it. It hurts a little more because I think it's probably related to the fact that I am getting old (38). AH WELL, back to the meat grinder.

Same here across all the CoD's I've played my KD has been around 1.5 and that's with playing objective modes like dom and hard point but this game I'm struggling like hell, I put that down to espionage, it's fucked.

Digital

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
To people not liking Gustav Cannon: have you played a CoD before 2013? MW2, CoD4, and WaW each had large maps like Gustav with wide open terrain. Gustav is actually more generous with its cover compared to maps like Wasteland or the larger WaW ones. Just hug the edges if you're dying a lot.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So why have Condrey et al been silent since launch?

They were so vocal before launch but since they've not been seen other than a recent tweet about double xp i believe....

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
To people not liking Gustav Cannon: have you played a CoD before 2013? MW2, CoD4, and WaW each had large maps like Gustav with wide open terrain. Gustav is actually more generous with its cover compared to maps like Wasteland or the larger WaW ones. Just hug the edges if you're dying a lot.
Yes. I hate this way of thinking of "git gud or your opinion is wrong."

I play a ton of Battlefield and know what it's like being sniped. Main issue with Gustav is how it caters to snipers, which means a lot ofthe other weapons are almost useless. I do well on the map as well, since I exploit the shit out of the B flag, but I feel bad doing so.

Not everyone who hates or dislikes it means they suck at it. :)

So why have Condrey et al been silent since launch?

They were so vocal before launch but since they've not been seen other than a recent tweet about double xp i believe....
Nope. Unless you're a famous YouTuber/personality.

That's what gets a lot of people: the silence. I DMed the SHG Twitter, no response. I tweeted Condrey (he definitely should know I'm media since it's in my bio), and nope, nothing. But there's retweets of YouTubers saying how much they love the game though. Checking it, you'll see fans, gamers all complaining and no response.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. Unless you're a famous YouTuber/personality.

That's what gets a lot of people: the silence. I DMed the SHG Twitter, no response. I tweeted Condrey (he definitely should know I'm media since it's in my bio), and nope, nothing. But there's retweets of YouTubers saying how much they love the game though. Checking it, you'll see fans, gamers all complaining and no response.

Night and day from before launch.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Really starting to love this game even more now the servers are stable.

Can't wait to unlock BAR as that gun seems to destroy me!

So aiming for the perfect sniper and bar setup

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I played a match on Gustav Cannon on TDM hardcore and really liked it :P It has enough cover to keep you away from the snipers and good spots if you want to shoot back at them.

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't gotten a good idea as to what people think about this COD.

Some people are claiming they love it, others are saying it's the worst COD ever.

Happens every year, but how is the hit detection, ttk, spawns, overall feel?

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still haven't gotten a good idea as to what people think about this COD.

Some people are claiming they love it, others are saying it's the worst COD ever.

Happens every year, but how is the hit detection, ttk, spawns, overall feel?

Hit detection has for me been a lot better the last couple of days, seems like they have sorted whatever was going on in the back end with incorrect matchups.

Game feels like MW remaster I guess, slower paced gameplay than IW/BLOPS3

But I seem to enjoy all the COD's so definitely a worthy buy every year for me

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
That's just level 55 I believe.

Ah gotcha..

Well I don't know fellas. I'm hoping maybe something changes but I'm gettin to that place where I sort of am finding the game to be a chore rather than fun..

There's a player in every corner, I'm convinced.. With 6 people I find it incredible how there's always someone... Coming from every angle. It's just insane..

If this is what lurks in this game I kid you not, halo players, bf, battlefront, crucible, Overwatch.. Has nothing on this crowd of fucking hyperactive freaks.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
Wasteland could be tolerable in MW2 because you had great burst rifles and semi-autos to counter the snipers. There aren't great counters to snipers that aren't just snipers in WW2. And the trenches allowed for easier map navigation without a sniper seeing you instead of having to creep around the edges of the map.

1 bad map didn't stick out so much then because the base game then had 16 maps. WW2 only has 9 base maps, which is a step back from BO3/IW which both had 12 base maps.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
You need to make sure you are not tagged by espionage. Sometimes I thought it was server lag that I was getting bunnyhop pre-shot when I was hardscoping corners and then learn that if I get shot by someone who has that perk your radar icon turns a solid yellow triangle on the map. You stay active for 10 whole fucking seconds and there is no counter to it right now. It needs a nerf big time. Because is stupid that the whole team can see you on the radar. XA breaks it down. I posted a vid few post up on how I handle when I get tagged by it. The best I can do now is setup trip mines and camp when I get tagged by it.

I agree with pretty much all the advice you're offering people, but changing your game up only does so much when you're at an inherent disadvantage due to the net code, or whatever is going on with the connection discrimination that is going on. Just like these guys I am constantly changing my strategy to more of a hang back approach when I am losing all gunfights, but when the connection is against you there is nothing you can do to make it a fair fight. In no world should you have games in the same lobby where some games you roll the other team and win every gun fight then have games against many of the same people where every single person has inhuman reflexes and you feel like you're getting shot before you see people, or you're getting shots down with late hit markers and lose every fight.

There is something horribly wrong with the way connections are handled, and I don't know if its lag compensation or what, but it's making the game rough to play. I hate to oversimplify this but I don't think it has to do with people having a poor connection to the host or server, and I think its something manually and intentionally coded in by the programmers that is intended to even out connections and it goes WAY out of whack. If I hop onto any online PC game where I can measure my ping, such as Counter-Strike, I mostly ping in the teens, which is always among the lowest. Additionally I don't think its an inherent problem with local settings on the user end if we are having a fair share of games where everything runs perfectly smooth, especially with the first two days of the game where almost every game connection felt fair.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
I think we are getting at the point where a lot of the cod hardcore players make up a bigger group of the total playerbase.

Also when these games first come out the high skill players are in the same pool as the new players and casual players. It takes a month or two for the highest skill players to float to the top. But if there aren't new casuals coming into the game there won't be enough population in those lower skill levels to get good matches.

This is another explanation that while plausible I do not think is the issue. I understand the kill cam is pretty much meaningless but you can still get an idea of how good somebody is when seeing how they handle themselves, especially when they have another kill or two before you. You can also see when players do not have the greatest aim or reflexes in kill cams and have a poor accompanying K/D, yet they are among the people melting you with ease, even when you are on your game.

I know it comes off as whining or people just not being very good at the game, and I'm happy for people who are not having these connection issues, but they are very real to those of us who believe we are experiencing them. I know nobody here is directly dismissing people's claims of connection, net code, whatever, being an issue, and I'm not talking about Resetera only specifically but when people are not having these problems it almost seems like they do not believe that is the core issue for people.

The one point that I think should be easy for people to buy is when guys claim they are having such huge disparity in rolling the lobby in some games and getting rolled to the point of being useless in others. I don't think it's hard to believe when people claim they are generally good at CoD, and in WW2 they are having some great games while they have other games where it seems that the entire other team is MLG level, despite their score or your experience against them in previous games in the same lobby telling you otherwise.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is "Press left for Anna" this generation's "Press X for Jason"? Another great mission in my book. Good fun.

Deleted member 31423

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Man, it's so fucking annoying that Activision didn't wise up and make the DLC free for this game.

Id prefer to pay for a map pack then be bombarded by loot crate nonsense. Cause i feel like im paying for something someone actually had to work on.

As for activision wising up. They would have been leaving millions of dollars on the table. Come next year, a split base doesnt matter cause people will drop the game and move to the next one.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Id prefer to pay for a map pack then be bombarded by loot crate nonsense. Cause i feel like im paying for something someone actually had to work on.

As for activision wising up. They would have been leaving millions of dollars on the table. Come next year, a split base doesnt matter cause people will drop the game and move to the next one.

But aren't they doing both? DLC and loot crates and everyone expects weapons to be added to loot crates in the future.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Can I ask out of curiosity what country you are from?

I'm not saying it's all the time in every game, but there is a very noticeable effect when it's happening and these foreign players seem god like.

Spain. Trust me when I tell you I too get placed on shitty matches where every player on the other team seems to have precog powers and overshield. Some people in the group I play with tend to blame it on foreigners (brits and french mostly) as well, I tell them that's bullshit like I'm telling you now, it's just the nature of cllient serv... *ahem* hybrid systems for hosting matches. Curiously I never had any problems in Titanfall 2, LawBreakers or Overwatch all of which use dedicated servers.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting disconnected after every win in the last few days which puts more salt on my wounds considering it doesn't happen when I lose. Feels bad losing alot of exp and not being able to progress my orders.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
I agree with pretty much all the advice you're offering people, but changing your game up only does so much when you're at an inherent disadvantage due to the net code, or whatever is going on with the connection discrimination that is going on. Just like these guys I am constantly changing my strategy to more of a hang back approach when I am losing all gunfights, but when the connection is against you there is nothing you can do to make it a fair fight. In no world should you have games in the same lobby where some games you roll the other team and win every gun fight then have games against many of the same people where every single person has inhuman reflexes and you feel like you're getting shot before you see people, or you're getting shots down with late hit markers and lose every fight.

There is something horribly wrong with the way connections are handled, and I don't know if its lag compensation or what, but it's making the game rough to play. I hate to oversimplify this but I don't think it has to do with people having a poor connection to the host or server, and I think its something manually and intentionally coded in by the programmers that is intended to even out connections and it goes WAY out of whack. If I hop onto any online PC game where I can measure my ping, such as Counter-Strike, I mostly ping in the teens, which is always among the lowest. Additionally I don't think its an inherent problem with local settings on the user end if we are having a fair share of games where everything runs perfectly smooth, especially with the first two days of the game where almost every game connection felt fair.
Not disagreeing with you at all. Just saying how bad espionage is. And even when you do have a good connection don't be surprised why you got bunny hop pre-fire to death a lot due to espionage being broken. Just detailing how to deal with it. But yeah the netcode is fucking garbage right now.