• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Got WRECKED last night in MP holy shit. In previous COD's I've always been around a 2.0 K/D and won MVP a good 75% of the time in TDM. I can still do that from time to time but the swings are wild now. I went fuckin' 4-20 in a match last night. I don't think I've ever done that bad in my entire COD "career".
Same here, after shaking the rust off on launch I played very well the last few days, but last night for every solid match I had, there were 3-4 where I was losing so many gun fights I took my playstyle to almost a complete stand still in order to not get killed around every corner. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I was getting dropped from the server after 50% of my matches, so hopefully that was part of the reason too.

---

Ardennes Forest is fucking awful for Domination. If your starting spawn is the side with the creek, you might as well quit the match because there is an incredible chance you will get spawn trapped. That end of the map needs way more environment cover and space to move, the lanes are so tight it would only take 2-3 people to trap you.

9milli

Oct 30, 2017
I really dont know what else to do with this MP. It just sucks ass so much. I've tried taking it slow, I've tried using a full run and gun SMG class, I've tried camping with mountain equipped, I tried going armored LMG class. Going negative literally every game now. I consider myself a pretty decent COD player ever since COD4 and there is something wrong with this. I dont know if its the garbage map layouts, the connections or lag/lag comp, the aiming, or a combo of all of that, I have no idea. Though this just cemented in my head that Treyarch is the only COD developer that I'll buy their game day one from now on. Ever since Ghosts game out, IW and Sledgehammer's MPs I just cant do well in at all.

I just went back and played BO3 for a few matches and it just felt good to play. I dont know whats up with WW2 but I'm most likely gonna drop it soon. It kills me though because I was looking forward to this since it was back to WW2 and no more futuristic stuff.

Knowing me I'll keep coming back and trying WW2 mp, and I'm gonna hate myself every time :(

I started running smg class and not being as aggressive as I was in blops3. It helped a bit, but I'm nowhere near as good as I was in blops3. Quick scope and incendiary shotty are OP as hell

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Got WRECKED last night in MP holy shit. In previous COD's I've always been around a 2.0 K/D and won MVP a good 75% of the time in TDM. I can still do that from time to time but the swings are wild now. I went fuckin' 4-20 in a match last night. I don't think I've ever done that bad in my entire COD "career".
You need to make sure you are not tagged by espionage. Sometimes I thought it was server lag that I was getting bunnyhop pre-shot when I was hardscoping corners and then learn that if I get shot by someone who has that perk your radar icon turns a solid yellow triangle on the map. You stay active for 10 whole fucking seconds and there is no counter to it right now. It needs a nerf big time. Because is stupid that the whole team can see you on the radar. XA breaks it down. I posted a vid few post up on how I handle when I get tagged by it. The best I can do now is setup trip mines and camp when I get tagged by it.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
What does nerfing incendiary rounds look like? It's bad enough you need to be 2 feet in front of someone to hit em with a shotty.
Shotguns are fine in this COD. Did people just forget how awesome the shotguns were in BLOPS3 or slug rounds in BattleField? Shotguns have range. I survived many 1 vs 1 encounters with shotguns even when they use flame rounds. Especially when I am using the BAR, lol.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Complaints about MP mostly extend to the series as a whole. Quick scoping is irritating as ever. That could be fixed but then you'd have complaints about it being fixed. Spawning next to an enemy is irritating too. That can't be fixed without introducing huge maps.

It remains to be seen if the Divisions stuff is a smart move or one in the wrong direction. I've seen cases for both so far.

War Mode is a complete success though. No COD can be without it from now on.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Shotguns are fine in this COD. Did people just forget how awesome the shotguns were in BLOPS3 or slug rounds in BattleField? Shotguns have range. I survived many 1 vs 1 encounters with shotguns even when they use flame rounds. Especially when I am using the BAR, lol.
Anything less than the spas or striker shot distance from Mw2 I consider bad lol

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Complaints about MP mostly extend to the series as a whole. Quick scoping is irritating as ever. That could be fixed but then you'd have complaints about it being fixed. Spawning next to an enemy is irritating too. That can't be fixed without introducing huge maps.

It remains to be seen if the Divisions stuff is a smart move or one in the wrong direction. I've seen cases for both so far.

War Mode is a complete success though. No COD can be without it from now on.

It just sucks that kills dont count with it in overall kd, but yea I liked war when I played it

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
I get hitmarkers with every shotgun at close range against people with other weapons and lose most gunfights.

They aren't "fine"

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This game is a joke.

Dropped from 1.4 KDR to 1.19 in three games, just getting melted by Spanish/French players before I even see them, and they are already at prestige 1 high level already.

God I hate how they get some kind of lag compensation advantage.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
This game is a joke.

Dropped from 1.4 KDR to 1.19 in three games, just getting melted by Spanish/French players before I even see them, and they are already at prestige 1 high level already.

Why would Spanish/French players always get 'lag compensation advantage' when playing against you?

RyanBankz

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
You need to make sure you are not tagged by espionage. Sometimes I thought it was server lag that I was getting bunnyhop pre-shot when I was hardscoping corners and then learn that if I get shot by someone who has that perk your radar icon turns a solid yellow triangle on the map. You stay active for 10 whole fucking seconds and there is no counter to it right now. It needs a nerf big time. Because is stupid that the whole team can see you on the radar. XA breaks it down. I posted a vid few post up on how I handle when I get tagged by it. The best I can do now is setup trip mines and camp when I get tagged by it.

Holy shit! Thanks for this. Never noticed that solid/hollow triangle thing before.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017

What person would put something like this is a game? It's stupid.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
It just sucks that kills dont count with it in overall kd, but yea I liked war when I played it
If it did, it would ruin War Mode. People care way too much about their K/D. The fact that the word is being passed around that it doesn't go towards your K/D is a good thing because I see people play the objective more often now. If I am losing I'll go for camos, lol.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
Because I'm in the UK and they get an advantage when connected to the server.

What server? Game is p2p. The "server" is one of the players, which will have host advantage. Sometimes ti will be a french guy/gal, sometimes a spaniard and sometimes even someone from the UK I bet.

Blaming people from other countries is fucking ridiculous. Blame it on Activision that's the one using a p2p system on a AAA competitive shooter in 2017 instead of setting up dedicated servers already.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it's not on p2p it's a hybrid system they've used forever, I have a router that tells me where I'm connected to.

I have played enough CoD to know how this shit goes for foreign players that are seemingly invincible. Irish players are another too.

You'll not convince me any other way.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
What server? Game is p2p. The "server" is one of the players, which will have host advantage. Sometimes ti will be a french guy/gal, sometimes a spaniard and sometimes even someone from the UK I bet.

Blaming people from other countries is fucking ridiculous. Blame it on Activision that's the one using a p2p system on a AAA competitive shooter in 2017 instead of setting up dedicated servers already.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This game is a joke.

I'm realizing this a lot that people would get an advantage. Really weird how many hitmarkers I do actually get.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I can't stand it anymore. This game's trash netcode combined with the BAR being a fully automatic Sniper are simply making this game unplayable. Until they've fixed this shit I'm not playing anymore, it's driving me insane.

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017

I use p2p and 'client server ' interchangeably as both are equally terrible systems for competitive FPS and a cop out from a publisher that should really invest in dedicated servers. That said I know COD has used dedis on pc in the past, it may be that it's doing it to some extent on pc on COD WWII. However, it should be using dedis 100% of the time both on pc AND consoles but so far on PS4 I've already lost track of the times I've experienced 'host migration' mid match which means it's clearly not doing that..

Whales

Oct 25, 2017

wtf?

why would anyone even think TEN SEONDS for a perk like this is a good idea? This is dumb. I thought it lasted like 2 seconds or something...

jimboton

Oct 27, 2017
No it's not on p2p it's a hybrid system they've used forever, I have a router that tells me where I'm connected to.

I have played enough CoD to know how this shit goes for foreign players that are seemingly invincible. Irish players are another too.

Yeah, ok, COD WWII uses a special hybrid system that's not p2p nor client server nor dedicated servers, it's something else entirely that has been especially engineered to fuck over UK players and to favor the french, spanish and irish. It's settled then.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
wtf?

why would anyone even think TEN SEONDS for a perk like this is a good idea? This is dumb. I thought it lasted like 2 seconds or something...
The first few days of launch I was doing amazing. Pushing a close to a 2.0 but when the word got out. I noticed more and more people were doing phantom shots. Like they can see the future. I knew something was strange when I was camping getting my health back and I saw a random red bubble walking around and got him...Noticed that more and more until one day I saw the radar I noticed my icon was solid yellow like I was shooting. I thought it was a bug until I went to reddit and saw that Ace video. Shit is way too OP. You know its nuts when you see Mark Of The J getting melted a lot in this game. He still does well but its annoying the hell out of him and others.

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Same here, after shaking the rust off on launch I played very well the last few days, but last night for every solid match I had, there were 3-4 where I was losing so many gun fights I took my playstyle to almost a complete stand still in order to not get killed around every corner. Not sure if it was a coincidence, but I was getting dropped from the server after 50% of my matches, so hopefully that was part of the reason too.

---

Ardennes Forest is fucking awful for Domination. If your starting spawn is the side with the creek, you might as well quit the match because there is an incredible chance you will get spawn trapped. That end of the map needs way more environment cover and space to move, the lanes are so tight it would only take 2-3 people to trap you.

I think we are getting at the point where a lot of the cod hardcore players make up a bigger group of the total playerbase.

Also when these games first come out the high skill players are in the same pool as the new players and casual players. It takes a month or two for the highest skill players to float to the top. But if there aren't new casuals coming into the game there won't be enough population in those lower skill levels to get good matches.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, ok, COD WWII uses a special hybrid system that's not p2p nor client server nor dedicated servers, it's something else entirely that has been especially engineered to fuck over UK players and to favor the french, spanish and irish. It's settled then.

Can I ask out of curiosity what country you are from?

I'm not saying it's all the time in every game, but there is a very noticeable effect when it's happening and these foreign players seem god like.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
War is a great mode. Extremely fun, and it seems like most of the classes have their specific uses at certain times.

Deleted member 15848

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit! Thanks for this. Never noticed that solid/hollow triangle thing before.

Same! Plus I had no idea it worked for everyone in FF too. Thankfully I have not run into too many ppl using it in that mode casue that's what I've been playing most as of late. They definitely need to nerf it to at least 5 seconds.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

---

Add me to that list. I did well in BO2 and BO3, and so far, kinda struggling in WWII. Mind, my connection has been shitty but even so, haven't sucked this much in a COD since forever.

Hmm. Now I know why some players seem to know where I am! Fuck this. Haha! Using it, it then.

This! How on earth can you blame players when Acti is the one doing this for a game that's already gotten over $500m in just three days? There's no reason, NO REASON, for the game not to have dedicated servers. Years ago, Acti said they didn't do it due to server costs, etc. That's bunk. If Battlefield can do it, so can you.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017

Those goddamned foreigners first they took our jobs now they be invading my games!

Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
I must be pretty fortunate (or selected as host?) as I haven't seen host migration once. Wonder if that's why I'm having reasonable games, nearly always positive KDR and even when taking damage first or from behind I've afew times managed to take the player down.