• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
It's just some people care about stats to judge their performance on and others don't. If you're not a stats guy then yea you're not gonna care much. But I love stats, it's what I enjoy with all games that have scoring whether shooters or sports titles etc.

I'm obsessed with my KDR, way more than I should be. When I play poorly I start to rage. I wish there was a way for me to not care about my stats.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing the SP Campaign last night, and I got through clearing the 5 bunkers and also dragging the one dude to a medic. It was late so I called it a night.
Firing up the game right now, I chose Resume, and I am back at the beginning of the level, but it is saying on the pause menu I performed 2/2 Heroic Actions.
So is something fucked up on my end or is this how the game works and you have to go through a "Chapter" all in one go?
XBox One X if it matters.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Am I the only one who in 50% of their games get absolutely screwed over by the game's netcode? People seem to able to kill me by just looking at me, it's ridiculous.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm obsessed with my KDR, way more than I should be. When I play poorly I start to rage. I wish there was a way for me to not care about my stats.

Yea it's a bittersweet thing. I mean I know nobody gives a damn what my kd ratio is but I know what it is and I hate when I feel I'm not performing to my level. And when I can't seem to figure it out, that's when I get those anger sharks in my head lol

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Am I the only one who in 50% of their games get absolutely screwed over by the game's netcode? People seem to able to kill me by just looking at me, it's ridiculous.

Imho that's just cod, it's why I never got into the series because when I have I just die even if someone farts in my general direction, instant death.

And as I've bitched about in this thread plenty it seems everyone is somehow competent. Not that I want to just beat on nubs, but that's why other games it'd relaxing to have your handful of matches where you gotta pull out all the stops but then plenty of matches where you can just crush it.

Here it seems everyone is fucking chuck norris, everyone. I mean maybe that's as people say the net code, I don't know but i have a great connection.. I always thought great connections gave someone an advantage if there was one to be had. But it's just every match is fucking super sweaty and Its either connections, or the way match flow goes in these games with these maps.

And it's one of the few games that like literally 30 seconds into a match guys have 6 to 8 kills and you already know it's over, you see a dude like that he's easily 25 to 30 by matches end.

So I don't know.

Oct 25, 2017
So as someone who hasn't religiously played a call of duty game since Black ops 2, would ya'll recommend it? I heard the server issues have been fixed and i can get a sweet discount for it right now. Thanks!

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I am and it's because it ends always 1-0 to me on votes. Some of the randos I get paired with are 40+ in rank, you think they'd know how to use the voting system. Maybe it's bugged but why does it always work for me and no one else?
As Jamaro said there's just too much to do in menus, I mean most post-games I barely have time to modify my loadouts. HQ was a decent idea but executed poorly, I feel like it's ruining everything

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Answered my own question above, apparently I was like 5 minutes from the end of that first Chapter and it did indeed not save any progress. That is good to know moving forward and kind of a shit way to handle things.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas

There are a ton of gifs/videos on reddit on this right now. I feel better about myself after seeing them as I am not the only one. It has been a while but I am talking to myself a lot saying "How did that guy kill me so fast..."

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna pick this up after work at my Redbox up the street. Hope its the best $1.61 I'll spend this week. Excited to see what it looks like on my X!

Oct 27, 2017
I really wish they'd bring back the Final Killcam. Nobody cares about johnny tryhard getting two easy kills in a row.

Also, I miss the COD days when a game ended and all it showed was the final scoreboard for 5 seconds and then back to the lobby immediately. No Top players/taunting/standing around for 20 seconds. The top player screen is such a waste of time. Yeesh.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mission 3 was great, classic COD, then mission 4 comes along and ends up with a scene that feels like a satire to the franchise. Then mission 5 (the much talked about one) is just stellar (but again, this is coming from someone that loves "No russian")

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Wow... I have to say, I just fired blops 3 up and holy shit it feels so much better overall I can't even begin to say. I just went 17-6 and 22-8, totally and I mean totally different feeling as a game. I'm not even sure what to think at the moment as I hate to just let ww2 go but this actually excites me to play again.

Although it's funny, I'm a measly rank 48 and was thrown into a match with a guy ranked 1000

Oct 25, 2017
Shotguns need a buff so damn bad.

It's so hard to go positive with them on some maps in TDM, and only forcing myself through this prestige of Expeditionary cause I want the V2 Rocket streak lol

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Any in depth comparisons between the Pro and the X? Should I just open the Pro version and call it a day? Kept it wrapped but my patience is wearing thin.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Are you running and gunning? Seems like WW2 doesnt do well with that.

28-9 again in blops 3....damn a freaking massive difference.

And yea that's my style, I will run with guys but I sort of break off at times. But the thing in ww2 is just the way that there are guys from every direction it seems at all times.

Here in blops 3, I'm noticing the map flow so much better and battles seem more in front of you..

I can't get over the amount of fun in now having..

But what sucks is I don't want to give up on ww2 because I love new games and being in the front door when they start. But right now I am blown away by how much more solid blops 3 is in comparison

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
What are the best basic training perks to run?

I have the perk that allows you get killstreaks at a lower point total cause I am a scrub.

The one that gives you an extra attachment is good and If you pair it with the Infantry Division, you're able to equip 4 attachments.

That's one of my favorites along with the one that lowers the points for scorestreaks AND let's you re-roll a package. Imagine getting a UAV but you re-roll and get the paratroopers lol. That's why care package is so good.

Another favorite of my is Hunker. It's basically flak jacket and the ability to reset a grenade to toss back. Even in Hardcore, it can save you.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Now I am getting an Aim Down Sights bug in WW2. I cap my framerate for War Mode and all of a sudden when I press my right mouse it stutters or doesn't go ADS. I had this issue before with another FPS on the PC before. I never had this happen with any COD title. I put it back to uncap and still get it. And this happens with my secondary mouse as well.

GazzaGSi

Oct 28, 2017
Derby, UK
If only some of that 500mil went on more reliable servers. Did they underestimate how popular it would be after the negativity of the beta?

Connection issues aside, I'm having an absolute blast and haven't enjoyed CoD this much in a long while. Think I'm around rank 40, mainly using Infantry with the Bar (used the permanent unlock token) and the STG44. Started using the Shotgun class yesterday and agree with most that they could do with a slight buff but it's so satisfying igniting an enemy with them incinerator shells :)

Its a shame the connection issues and lonesome HQ haven't been rectified yet, it was awesome when the HQ was live seeing everyone around and opening their crates. Speaking of loot crates, I seem to be getting them at a reasonable pace so can't complain at that, I just feel some of the contracts need dialing back abit to make them a little more achievable or have tiers to complete for them rather than x amount of kills in a certain amount of time that seem more scalable for the above average player.

Overall though, I'm much more impressed than I was with the beta and definitely glad I picked it up. Just hope the server issues are sorted sooner rather than later.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I use the perk that doesn't reset my streak on death. Care pack , bombing run , paratroopers.

I've been in so many games where my team is all negative, I'm only one positive , and then I hit my streaks and save the game.

Worth it every time for me.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I use Hustle. I can't play anymore without being able to reload while sprinting. It's just a QOL thing I wish they'd make it default.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It seems matchmaking has gone on and is literally not working for me now.

I tried TDM, Dom, War, nothing works. I get stuck in an empty lobby where maybe a player or two enters and then leaves presumaly tired from waiting. I see 40+ games found in the upper right but nothing. I've checked SHG Twitter, Activision Support and nothing.

Not sure what to do now.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah you get penalized dearly for run and gun on these maps. This is a much slower paced game, taking me a bit of time to get used to.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
28-9 again in blops 3....damn a freaking massive difference.

And yea that's my style, I will run with guys but I sort of break off at times. But the thing in ww2 is just the way that there are guys from every direction it seems at all times.

Here in blops 3, I'm noticing the map flow so much better and battles seem more in front of you..

I can't get over the amount of fun in now having..

But what sucks is I don't want to give up on ww2 because I love new games and being in the front door when they start. But right now I am blown away by how much more solid blops 3 is in comparison
WW2's map design is a huge minus. Map control feels far more flimsy than in BO3's maps or IW's maps, which largely shared the same commitment to 3-lane maps. And you don't even get the same number of base maps as BO3/IW: BO3/IW came with 12 + 1 base maps, whereas WW2 has 9 + 1 base maps.

I finally started playing last night. Goddamn, the BAR with High Caliber is the truth. I finished the 100 headshots needed for gold in one night. Should the BAR be nerfed in some way? Probably, since it has a quicker TTK than every SMG up close before High Caliber. But I'd rather have Sledgehammer make every gun as powerful as the BAR instead of bringing the BAR down.

The positional audio design is poor. Titanfall 2 was my most-played shooter last year, and I got used to receiving precise information based on gunshots and footsteps. WW2 is very vague in comparison. Footsteps are boosted in the beta, but it's difficult to tell exactly where an enemy is from that. Gunshots give even less info. This, along with map design gives me the impression that SHG tried hard to compress the skill gap, even when compared to prior BOTG CoDs.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
WW2's map design is a huge minus. Map control feels far more flimsy than in BO3's maps or IW's maps, which largely shared the same commitment to 3-lane maps. And you don't even get the same number of base maps as BO3/IW: BO3/IW came with 12 + 1 base maps, whereas WW2 has 9 + 1 base maps.

I finally started playing last night. Goddamn, the BAR with High Caliber is the truth. I finished the 100 headshots needed for gold in one night. Should the BAR be nerfed in some way? Probably, since it has a quicker TTK than every SMG up close before High Caliber. But I'd rather have Sledgehammer make every gun as powerful as the BAR instead of bringing the BAR down.

The positional audio design is poor. Titanfall 2 was my most-played shooter last year, and I got used to receiving precise information based on gunshots and footsteps. WW2 is very vague in comparison. Footsteps are boosted in the beta, but it's difficult to tell exactly where an enemy is from that. Gunshots give even less info. This, along with map design gives me the impression that SHG tried hard to compress the skill gap, even when compared to prior BOTG CoDs.

But there's also something else I notice... In blops 3 there's been a handful of times now I run into a player and simply they fire first and I still kill them. Now I'm not sure what is all at play here, but it seems like in ww2 nobody misses a fucking shot... I mean if I don't get the jump on someone I'm dead, simple as that. But here in blops 3 I am finding that even if I zigged when I should have zagged, I can still win a firefight.

It's nuts because I just find the feel of blops 3 leaps and bounds better, it sort of has me in awe as I guess I struggle so mightily with ww2 yet here I feel I'm just doing my normal thing.

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
I bought this at launch with my friends, and with the issues at launch, the maps and other little elements, I haven't turned it on again. I can't even see me going back to MP until MW2R. They have just strayed far too away from what I enjoyed about COD MP.

The campaign and story were ok, but I think my MP experience is all but done at this stage.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got all the iron balls in HQ.
johnny-cash-finger-2.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
But there's also something else I notice... In blops 3 there's been a handful of times now I run into a player and simply they fire first and I still kill them. Now I'm not sure what is all at play here, but it seems like in ww2 nobody misses a fucking shot... I mean if I don't get the jump on someone I'm dead, simple as that. But here in blops 3 I am finding that even if I zigged when I should have zagged, I can still win a firefight.

It's nuts because I just find the feel of blops 3 leaps and bounds better, it sort of has me in awe as I guess I struggle so mightily with ww2 yet here I feel I'm just doing my normal thing.

Maybe all of the good COD players are in WW2 so when playing BO3 you're able to mop up against the leftovers? I had limited but decent success in BO3, less so in IW. Am struggling a fair amount in WW2 statistically (I'm a Rambo guy at heart; probably why Destiny 1 is so near and dear to my heart). But in terms of just general enjoyment and fun, this game has been fantastic to the point that I'd consider it my No. 1 COD game I've played. Which is kind crazy, considering I was a hard "no" on this one even a few days before release but watched some launch day streams and got suckered in.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017

BO3's servers were always consistent, if mediocre. I've had fairly good connection luck in WW2, and the connection when it works is far better than BO3 or IW were.

Deleted member 2563

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
So there was an option to set your default menu to boot into between Campaign, Xbox Live, Zombies, I set it to XBL but whenever I boot the game it does nothing?

Now it doesn't show this option at all, am I crazy?

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
So when your own guys kill you in hardcore it counts as a death. WTF that's not fair at all.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Maybe all of the good COD players are in WW2 so when playing BO3 you're able to mop up against the leftovers? I had limited but decent success in BO3, less so in IW. Am struggling a fair amount in WW2 statistically (I'm a Rambo guy at heart; probably why Destiny 1 is so near and dear to my heart). But in terms of just general enjoyment and fun, this game has been fantastic to the point that I'd consider it my No. 1 COD game I've played. Which is kind crazy, considering I was a hard "no" on this one even a few days before release but watched some launch day streams and got suckered in.

I'm facing guys ranked 600+ tho, many at 1000 even. Oh I'm still having matches I get wiped up but the difference is I'm simply showing my normal skill in most shooters where I have huge matches followed by some mediocre ones.. But I never have matches where I'm rendered totally useless.

I'm sure some of the insane cod population has moved on, but still I just don't feel I should struggle as much in ww2 as I do

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
So I get a pop up on my screen that says I got my ten long shots and the camo is unlocked.

I go to check the camo and I still need two more. Sledgehammer needs to fix their shit.