• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Joker

Oct 27, 2017
I just have to ask (sorry if it has already been asked!), how does EG's review compare with the general consensus of this game amongst you guys who have finished it? Im soooooooo on the fence with this one. I really want it, but at the same time, I'm thinking maybe its "just another cod"?

I played the beta and wasn't impressed by the MP, other than the WAR mode.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Mission 3 with the sniper and flamethrower is pretty awesome. Really enjoyed my time with that one and I think it's a pretty good mission for a COD game. The interaction between the characters is cliched and "been there, done that", but it's fun. I'm more invested than with the BF1 campaign.

I just have to ask (sorry if it has already been asked!), how does EG's review compare with the general consensus of this game amongst you guys who have finished it? Im soooooooo on the fence with this one. I really want it, but at the same time, I'm thinking maybe its "just another cod"?

If by EG you mean Eurogamer, I totally agree with their review, it's a return to form for the franchise in my opinion. If you never liked COD or are tired of the franchise for all the things it has always done, you won't like it. If like me you do like the franchise, appreciate the "blockbuster" campaign and the arcade but fun and engaging mp and were tired of the high jumps and wall running from past games, you won't regret it. The zombies mode is also my favorite so far (but I admit that as much as I love zombies in general, this is not why I buy the games).

FSmallhands

Nov 3, 2017
I have yet to see anyone in HQ (running it on a PRO). MP seems completely broken in terms of matchmaking.

I cannot believe it launched in that state. A few bugs you have to accept with the complexity of the tech nowadays, but this is ridiculous...

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I just find the game way to stressful and that's what is bugging me. I don't know what it is but I just feel guys are in every fucking direction. I am at currently 1.16 with with 1346 kills and 1163 deaths but I just find the up and down to he exhausting.

I watch these guys kill Cams and nobody is doing anything impressive, yet I find myself just constantly in their sights... Like no matter what.

It's like if I sit and stare at a door for 15 seconds or so, the minute I move I get killed from behind. That is what is making me so gunshy in this game.
If I turn left the guy was to the right, if I turn right he was to the left and again dead from being... It's like just the flow of the matches are so bizarre because people can come from any direction it seems.

I play like Rambo, I just do... But it doesn't work here at all hardly and most games I find a way to play my style but here i just can't..

I don't know if it's because of the whole p2p shit, I don't know why it seems so easy for people.

I might fire black ops 3 up and just see. But I remember it feeling the same in terms of insane dudes just on me nonstop every which way I turn

This is pretty much me as well. I just play Rambo I guess, always have in most games.

That in mind I have stuck to War Mode mostly because it really works with my playstyle usually and I love it. I feel like I am making a difference even if I am dying over and over on the bridge or defending the bomb site or planting explosives its a game of inches.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Matchmaking has been fine for me and my group for the last three days. Been able to find like 40-50 games in every mode on Xbox. Headquarters still not populated with randos, but honestly, I prefer it that way.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
War is a pretty awesome mode...but again it's just fucking amazing how you can't just get a match with normal players. Just constant sniping, just so fucking annoying... I mean damn this mode seems to have serious potential but you get these guys just running and quick scoping, it's lame..

It's almost like this game is doing everything in its power to make me hate it so bad when I just am enjoying things, but then I realize that once again I don't have shit on some of these guys playing.

Where are these freaks from?? I don't see these types of players in any other shooter, like once in a blue moon

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This game has to be discriminating certain connection types or something. I know EVERYBODY cannot be having the connection issues I'm having as pretty much every single player I've come across the last two days kicks my ass regardless of the situation.

I KNOW when my reflexes are on point and when they are off, and for the last couple of days this game has been impossible to play even when I am on my game. Any encounter where I am pretty sure I'm getting shots down first, I'm not getting hit markers until 3-5 shots are fired, and sometimes I die before even seeing the enemy fire. The kill cams are still showing me shooting behind moving enemies, which would explain the lack of hit markers, if for some reason I am seeing a ghost, or delayed visual of my enemy's position.

A guy is reloading, I dump shots on him, he finishes reloading and kills me in what feels like one bullet. Kill cam shows him finishing his reload, me staring at him, then shooting behind him, and he takes his time to line me up and kill me. I know a guy is coming around a corner, he has no idea I'm there, as soon as I hear that he's coming I time my shot perfectly to where he should've died immediately, instead I get off 4 shots with one hit marker then die before seeing him fire. The kill cam shows me staring at him as he comes around the corner, he reacts relatively slowly in lining me up and firing, then I am shown letting off one bullet before he kills me.

I had NO connection issues the first two nights and every encounter felt fair. If I died to an enemy it was because they reacted quicker, I missed a shot, whatever. Deaths made sense, I rarely felt like I clearly had a kill and got robbed by connection. If anybody has any explanation for this please shed some light, because I was really enjoying this game before the connection issues. Now it is borderline making me rage and having me not even want to bother playing it.

Exactly what I think. I've come across situations where I'm hiding in a corner (camping), and I see someone peek out and shoot at me before I can react. I know they don't have a UAV. I watched the kill cam, and it showed them peeking AND seeing me, before I even started shooting. First time I've been hit with this kind of connection issues in a COD game. I mean, this bad.

Servers fried?

Can't finald a game mode in any mode on PS4.
Same for me right now. Can't find any game on any mode.

Not sure if anyone cares, but our review is still "in progress" due to the server issues. We want to make sure we give it a fair shake in terms of servers, glitches and whatnot. Not being a dick, but most of the traditional reviews aren't that good at multiplayer games, and can't talk about the specific issues, changes in a game that's MP-focused as Call of Duty.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
War is a pretty awesome mode...but again it's just fucking amazing how you can't just get a match with normal players. Just constant sniping, just so fucking annoying... I mean damn this mode seems to have serious potential but you get these guys just running and quick scoping, it's lame..

It's almost like this game is doing everything in its power to make me hate it so bad when I just am enjoying things, but then I realize that once again I don't have shit on some of these guys playing.

Where are these freaks from?? I don't see these types of players in any other shooter, like once in a blue moon

I have not played tons of MP it has been mostly War but I have seen very few Quick Scoping so far.

For the most part people are playing the objective when I play, I get on my mic a few times and try to call out a few things (lets push tank A or plant on B first) and it seems to help a little.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017

It's awful especially considering KD doesn't even count there i mean what's the point?
I do still love the mode tho, i'm trying so many different builds with LMGS and snipers and just having more fun because of the lack of stress of the KD count.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
I love shooting down UAV's. Some evil part of my core gets excited every time the enemy calls in a UAV plane after fighting hard to get one, only for it to be shot down by me moments later.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
First game I've ever seen where guys who are like 11-19 in a match are absolutely fucking insane.

I just don't get it.. I'm hanging in there but the game breaking me every day. I can't stand having such fun matches to then every other match have like nothing but my face suplexed thru a brick to where I can't even fucking do anything. Like it makes me want to sit in a corner in those matches...

Just Unreal

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I just encountered my first cheater on PC hah, also have an annoying glitch where the audio starts to crackle sometimes and is only fixed by restarting the game.

DeadOnions

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
The time between games is far too long. Sitting in a full lobby of 12 with no timer and no idea of when a match is going to start is daft.

People just end up quitting and searching again so what's the point? I really wish you could avoid headquarters completely.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
First game I've ever seen where guys who are like 11-19 in a match are absolutely fucking insane.

I just don't get it.. I'm hanging in there but the game breaking me every day. I can't stand having such fun matches to then every other match have like nothing but my face suplexed thru a brick to where I can't even fucking do anything. Like it makes me want to sit in a corner in those matches...

Just Unreal

You know you aren't just making it up when you're in a lobby for multiple games doing well, then magically one game the entire other team, who you were killing with no problem in previous games, has godlike reflexes and your bullets suddenly aren't registering, and you die twice to a guy who is 3-14. Haven't seen this since MW3, and the problem lasted 11 months until they released a net code patch that fixed it (for my connection personally anyway).

If it's only a few who are having these issues I will not be surprised to see this never resolved. I simply don't understand how it literally felt like we were playing on dedicated servers for the first two days with me having almost no connection issues, and then it goes to the complete opposite end of the spectrum and becomes what feels like a P2P lag fest.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
This game has to be discriminating certain connection types or something. I know EVERYBODY cannot be having the connection issues I'm having as pretty much every single player I've come across the last two days kicks my ass regardless of the situation.

I KNOW when my reflexes are on point and when they are off, and for the last couple of days this game has been impossible to play even when I am on my game. Any encounter where I am pretty sure I'm getting shots down first, I'm not getting hit markers until 3-5 shots are fired, and sometimes I die before even seeing the enemy fire. The kill cams are still showing me shooting behind moving enemies, which would explain the lack of hit markers, if for some reason I am seeing a ghost, or delayed visual of my enemy's position.

A guy is reloading, I dump shots on him, he finishes reloading and kills me in what feels like one bullet. Kill cam shows him finishing his reload, me staring at him, then shooting behind him, and he takes his time to line me up and kill me. I know a guy is coming around a corner, he has no idea I'm there, as soon as I hear that he's coming I time my shot perfectly to where he should've died immediately, instead I get off 4 shots with one hit marker then die before seeing him fire. The kill cam shows me staring at him as he comes around the corner, he reacts relatively slowly in lining me up and firing, then I am shown letting off one bullet before he kills me.

I had NO connection issues the first two nights and every encounter felt fair. If I died to an enemy it was because they reacted quicker, I missed a shot, whatever. Deaths made sense, I rarely felt like I clearly had a kill and got robbed by connection. If anybody has any explanation for this please shed some light, because I was really enjoying this game before the connection issues. Now it is borderline making me rage and having me not even want to bother playing it.
It's absolutely infuriating at the moment, I'm really struggling to maintain even a positive K/D coming off the back of hovering around 2 on any other COD. I really want to like the game but the netcode is dreadful, I had the same problems with Advanced Warfare.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's like a mixed bag for me, some games are fine others makes me want to throw the controller lol

Not sure how this match making is setup as activition never seem to come out clean and open with COD games, but from reading some of the notes it's supposed to start the search from ping ranges and try and group an even latency together from that. If a certain period of time is passed then it's meant to increase that search range and group with the next tier of ranges.

I'm assuming that's not always working, and hell something is definitely wrong as BLOPS3 and IW I instantly join games from hitting the search button pretty much.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
It's absolutely infuriating at the moment, I'm really struggling to maintain even a positive K/D coming off the back of hovering around 2 on any other COD. I really want to like the game but the netcode is dreadful, I had the same problems with Advanced Warfare.
I'm having connection issues and its making it impossible to enjoy the game. On some matches it works flawlessly but the majority of the other matches I constantly have a single red bar and its impossible to play well. I generally have really consistent internet and I play lots of competitive games with 0 issues, so I'm kind of at a loss here.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having connection issues and its making it impossible to enjoy the game. On some matches it works flawlessly but the majority of the other matches I constantly have a single red bar and its impossible to play well. I generally have really consistent internet and I play lots of competitive games with 0 issues, so I'm kind of at a loss here.
Same here, the game seems like it would actually be fun but I'm on the verge of trading it in if they don't sort these connection issues out soon.

Wzrd

Oct 26, 2017
Portland, Oregon
Same here, the game seems like it would actually be fun but I'm on the verge of trading it in if they don't sort these connection issues out soon.
Even beyond my connection issues WW2 feels like the worst launch performance of any CoD title unless I'm forgetting some of the older launches. I know the game is fun when its working so I'm just going to wait it out, and also I bought it digitally so I'll have to keep it regardless.

The Joker

Oct 27, 2017
If by EG you mean Eurogamer, I totally agree with their review, it's a return to form for the franchise in my opinion. If you never liked COD or are tired of the franchise for all the things it has always done, you won't like it. If like me you do like the franchise, appreciate the "blockbuster" campaign and the arcade but fun and engaging mp and were tired of the high jumps and wall running from past games, you won't regret it. The zombies mode is also my favorite so far (but I admit that as much as I love zombies in general, this is not why I buy the games).

Thanks! Ya, Eurogamer. Their review said "Recommended", and usually I agree with their reviews, but I'm skeptic towards this one. I didn't go for any of the "space" CODs, the last one I played was Ghosts, and as I figured, it wasn't the highpoint of the series. I loved MW, COD2/First COD, WaW and MOH AA, maybe I'll pick it up just for the campaign then!

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing hardcore mode try to get the long shots and so far it's pretty enjoyable. Less shooting someone four times then getting killed.

Of course the problem with hardcore mode to me anyways is the guns are all the same ultimately.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy I bought the base game, physical, on PS4 and didn't go gold digital like I usually do. Gonna finish up the SP campaign and probably trade it in soon, there's just a lot of frustrating things in MP that buries the fun stuff. I love war mode and it captures the feel of WW2 so well for me, but its super annoying that there are daily/weekly bounties that require you to do 1v1 in lobby pits and the only way to do that right now is to find a friend who also has WW2 and trade wins with them. Just the "special" bounty that requires you to win 1 of each game kind is super frustrating because I'm at 8/9 and will never reach 9/9 because there is zero chance of me ever winning a free for all unless everyone else disconnects. I don't understand this postmaster thing, why does he give me some rando points every 4 hours and are those points good for anything other than getting more random bounties from the quartermaster? Why does the QM give bounties that are different from the guy in the middle of camp?

The way loot crates work in this game, I feel the most disconnected from loot than in any COD game. I have literally not opened a single loot crate since the intro sequence and really have no desire to.

I really hope Battlefront 2 works out better, I digitally pre ordered that game which may end up being a mistake. These COD games are getting insane size wise too though, I need to delete some stuff to preload BF2 and BO3 is 121 gigs, Modern Warfare R is like 50 gigs, and Infinite Warfare is 100 gigs. What the fuck is up with these sizes...

Deleted member 15848

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looking for advice on what setup or guns to use? i'm a AR/SMG run and gun kind of guy.

This is my run and gunner setup

Airborne + Energetic + PPSH with quickdraw and grip as attachments. Silencer also comes in handy and the damage fall off isnt too bad.

You can literally sprint around for days. Went 30-11 on my last FF match using this GOAT loadout :D

TKRunningRiot

Oct 26, 2017
I swear every damn time I get my first win in a gametype when I have an order to win that gametype, I get a server disconnect and I don't get the credit for the win. It's fucking infuriating.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So dumb that the challenge to emote to 10 players is being offered at the same time theyve turned off the online hub.

Can anyone tell me the fastest way to unlock 2x lethals please, what class thingybob / basic training / whatever is it please?

Citizencope

Oct 28, 2017
Rented it for single player but gave the multiplayer an hour today. Can't believe how awkward the characters move. Weak job in the animation dept.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Rented it for single player but gave the multiplayer an hour today. Can't believe how awkward the characters move. Weak job in the animation dept.

That's why I've said I don't get how it's so acceptable this day and age. I mean I hate mentioning it all the time but I use Battlefield 1 as sort of the bar... And that bar was set pretty high in many departments especially overall animations and character movement etc.

Watching players run with a nade and or throw it looks so bad, pure laziness

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
So dumb that the challenge to emote to 10 players is being offered at the same time theyve turned off the online hub.

Can anyone tell me the fastest way to unlock 2x lethals please, what class thingybob / basic training / whatever is it please?

Prestige the Expeditionary division. You'll unlock Concussed, which lets you carry 2 of the same lethals.

Deleted member 11976

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Prestiged Mountain Division today. Kar98 is nice but I've spent so much time with the Lee Enfield that I don't know if I can switch.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The time between games is far too long. Sitting in a full lobby of 12 with no timer and no idea of when a match is going to start is daft.

People just end up quitting and searching again so what's the point? I really wish you could avoid headquarters completely.
this was always the best thing about cod that you could literally launch it and be in a mp game within a minute. Now it's loading so many stupid scenes and stuff it takes too long to get in a game and far too long to end one.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
The killcam infuriates me sometimes. I get 3-4 hitreg markers on shots on my target, then from the killcam the enemy takes 0 damage.

Either the killcam is lying or the game's netcode is garbo.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Man. I'm taking a break from COD till this weekend I think. I had some great matches earlier and all of a sudden I run into a whole team rocking espionage. That's shit is not fun at all.

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Man flinch needs to go. It makes gun fights so fucking random and bs.

The last CoD I played seriously was Black Ops 2, and it was easy to incorporate toughness into classes. Flinch was a non factor for anybody who really wanted to take it away for the most part. Having to kill your basic training spot with Primed is a very poor way to implement flinch removal IMO. I generally like the design of the divisions and basic training breaking up the perks, but it seems like I'll have to live with flinch in this game.

This is my run and gunner setup

Airborne + Energetic + PPSH with quickdraw and grip as attachments. Silencer also comes in handy and the damage fall off isnt too bad.

You can literally sprint around for days. Went 30-11 on my last FF match using this GOAT loadout :D

Yeah the PP is filthy. I generally run the STG, but if I go SMG the PP is where its at for me.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have yet to see anyone in HQ (running it on a PRO). MP seems completely broken in terms of matchmaking.

I cannot believe it launched in that state. A few bugs you have to accept with the complexity of the tech nowadays, but this is ridiculous...

Sadly it has all the ingredients to be a monumental game but in the current state is just broken.

I love the game but no one can't deny that.