• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
LOL! And people say quickscoping isn't back. Yeah, right.

It wasn't this bad in BO2, or BO3. It's made "obsolete" in past versions due to wallrunning, etc. It's back in full force now and just stupid. People complained, SHG didn't say anything. Well, come to think of it, they haven't address why the Domination kill score is still 50 when it was changed to 100 in phase 2 of the beta.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
did anyone who pre-ordered from Best Buy get their dlc codes? i got a 12 digit code to redeem on activision, which i did, but nothing happened after that. weren't we supposed to get codes for double xp?

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
LOL! And people say quickscoping isn't back. Yeah, right.

It wasn't this bad in BO2, or BO3. It's made "obsolete" in past versions due to wallrunning, etc. It's back in full force now and just stupid. People complained, SHG didn't say anything. Well, come to think of it, they haven't address why the Domination kill score is still 50 when it was changed to 100 in phase 2 of the beta.

When I was quick scoped I had bad flashbacks to MW2. Out of all the work they did to try and bring COD back i just don't understand why the brought QS back.

There are plenty of big maps where people can use snipers so adding QS was not necessary. Now with the smaller maps people can use snipers like a shotgun. To me it's ruining the game

Toa TAK

Oct 25, 2017
This campaign is the best acting of Josh Duhamel's career.

That isn't saying much, especially because I don't know what the hell SHG did with his eyebrows, but it's somethin'.

Newman96

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they'll ever properly fix the lag, I don't really seem to remember it ever clearing up in Advanced Warfare.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhh, just saw the video someone posted. Glad to see there are iron sights on the Kar.

I get to relive my WaW days, lol. That and bouncing betties and I'll feel at home.

Geeked

Oct 26, 2017
That dueling weekly has gotta go, completing it requires doing hours of unfun shit with no other reward than some weak social exp.

I get why its in the game but like on many other orders the numbers are just way off.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Who are the big COD YouTubers nowadays that aren't twats? I subscribe to Drift0r, PrestigeIsKey, and TheXclusiveAce. Are there any other good ones?

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Who are the big COD YouTubers nowadays that aren't twats? I subscribe to Drift0r, PrestigeIsKey, and TheXclusiveAce. Are there any other good ones?

I believe those are the good ones. Haha! TmarTn? I kiiiid! Don't watch his stuff, please.

When I was quick scoped I had bad flashbacks to MW2. Out of all the work they did to try and bring COD back i just don't understand why the brought QS back.

There are plenty of big maps where people can use snipers so adding QS was not necessary. Now with the smaller maps people can use snipers like a shotgun. To me it's ruining the game

Same. When I got QS, I was like, WTF? We regressed back a decade or something? I can pretty much pick up a sniper rifle and do OK with it, and I rarely snipe (well, I sniped before in MW2), which says a lot about the sniping in WWII.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why do I even bother posting on Reddit?

You can't criticize the game mechanics at all without being attacked by Activision attack dogs.

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone done any in depth experimentation with the effects of the bullet attachments on the stg? I'm not sure why, but those attachments seemed to make it weaker (5-6 hit markers with no kill)

Deleted member 1759

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Europe
8CXhmlJ.png

This one is bugged also, done a few hardpoint/KC,WAR wins and its still stuck at zero. This orders system is such a miserable experience. :p

Wish you could at least reroll the bugged ones.

I'm at 1/20. It counted when I got a Bronze Star in CTF, so I guess that's what they mean by "win". Which entails that you can't complete this order by playing WAR (no Bronze Stars). Kinda sucks because that's my favorite mode atm.

Forget what I just said, got a Bronze Star in Domination and it didn't count...

Last edited:

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Bugs and server issues aside. This game is really good.

Campaign is great, zombies is great, MP is great, War is great. Overall a far better package than BO3, leagues ahead of IW and Ghosts, and a bit better than AW...It doesn't touch the classics like MW or BO1, but it's still a very good game and the best in the series for quite some time, imo.

There are a couple things that bother me though...The lack of MP maps, especially since a couple, such as Gustav Cannon are garbage tier...The other is the campaign music is mediocre and insanely forgettable. Also, the skyboxes are really boring in this game but not a big deal.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anybody else Gamestop Pro edition digital content not working? I clicked continue on the PS store after entering the code and it says code redeemed. I didn't get any option to download anything. Where do i get the Zombie camo and endowment pack?

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
I've never been more undecided on a game than this one. I told myself this was the first CoD I'm not buying. But I keep going back and forth in my mind. One minute I'm about to stop on my way home and buy it, the next I'm telling myself HELL NO DON'T DO IT.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am just bad, incredibly bad at this game. I can't streak my kills at all. I always die when I run around corners, 1-on-1 fights are just so random. I went back to BO3 and immediately felt the gunplay was smoother. My KD ratio was 1.68 in BO3, but here it has leveled at 0.8. Unbelievable.

I think I'm going to wait for the netcode to iron out a bit.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's looking like the top tier ARs and SMGs? Also how do you dive on PC?

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Why do I even bother posting on Reddit?

You can't criticize the game mechanics at all without being attacked by Activision attack dogs.
Yep, experienced that too.

Apparently, any and all complaints are user fault and can be fixed by "git gud."

I am just bad, incredibly bad at this game. I can't streak my kills at all. I always die when I run around corners, 1-on-1 fights are just so random. I went back to BO3 and immediately felt the gunplay was smoother. My KD ratio was 1.68 in BO3, but here it has leveled at 0.8. Unbelievable.

Same. I attribute it to network stuff mostly. It doesn't look like it'll get fixed anytime soon though. I still get disconnected after every match. :(

smoothj

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Having fun online. I usually do really well my first 3 matches or so then start declining in performance

What's the best mode to play if I want to rank up quickly?

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Sledgehammer couldn't bother making a overview background art for the PS4? The beta had one. It's weird hearing music and the screen is blank.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh

I just find the game way to stressful and that's what is bugging me. I don't know what it is but I just feel guys are in every fucking direction. I am at currently 1.16 with with 1346 kills and 1163 deaths but I just find the up and down to he exhausting.

I watch these guys kill Cams and nobody is doing anything impressive, yet I find myself just constantly in their sights... Like no matter what.

It's like if I sit and stare at a door for 15 seconds or so, the minute I move I get killed from behind. That is what is making me so gunshy in this game.
If I turn left the guy was to the right, if I turn right he was to the left and again dead from being... It's like just the flow of the matches are so bizarre because people can come from any direction it seems.

I play like Rambo, I just do... But it doesn't work here at all hardly and most games I find a way to play my style but here i just can't..

I don't know if it's because of the whole p2p shit, I don't know why it seems so easy for people.

I might fire black ops 3 up and just see. But I remember it feeling the same in terms of insane dudes just on me nonstop every which way I turn

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

DazzlerIE

Oct 25, 2017
anyone else feel like aiming down sights movement is sluggish? I pull up the sights and aiming feels way slower than previous COD games. I'm getting destroyed 1v1

Maybe it's just me

Sundrowned

Oct 27, 2017
MN
Can anyone here confirm this? https://www.reddit.com/r/WWII/comments/7bejx9/psa_dont_prestige_if_you_prestige_your_hq_will_be/

From the Reddit thread:

"Dumb broken game is dumb and broken. Don't prestige or you will get the "Welcome to HQ" bug where you can't do anything in the HQ since you can't take on any new orders or anything.

Bad game

bad

game"

Has anyone here who Prestiged saw this bug as well? Pretty big issue if so. I haven't Prestiged yet.

I got through forty levels of Prestige 1 without a problem. After an hour of playing this morning this bug randomly appeared, though.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
I just find the game way to stressful and that's what is bugging me. I don't know what it is but I just feel guys are in every fucking direction. I am at currently 1.16 with with 1346 kills and 1163 deaths but I just find the up and down to he exhausting.

I watch these guys kill Cams and nobody is doing anything impressive, yet I find myself just constantly in their sights... Like no matter what.

It's like if I sit and stare at a door for 15 seconds or so, the minute I move I get killed from behind. That is what is making me so gunshy in this game.
If I turn left the guy was to the right, if I turn right he was to the left and again dead from being... It's like just the flow of the matches are so bizarre because people can come from any direction it seems.

I play like Rambo, I just do... But it doesn't work here at all hardly and most games I find a way to play my style but here i just can't..

I don't know if it's because of the whole p2p shit, I don't know why it seems so easy for people.

I might fire black ops 3 up and just see. But I remember it feeling the same in terms of insane dudes just on me nonstop every which way I turn
The weirdest part for me is the lack of consistency in the matches, some matches i feel unstoppable, while in others i struggle around every corner.
basically i feel like there is no middle ground, be stomped or get stomped.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
The weirdest part for me is the lack of consistency in the matches, some matches i feel unstoppable, while in others i struggle around every corner.
basically i feel like there is no middle ground, be stomped or get stomped.

Exactly, I wish someone could explain it is all. Because In all my years of shooters I haven't experienced that type of disparity between matches in shooters.

There's a difference between like playing a match and doing well and then losing the next, as opposed to playing well and then getting totally obliterated like you're truly against the best player in the world.. Makes no sense to me.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
For fans of the campaign in Advanced Warfare (in my top 3 campaigns with CoD 2 and CoD 4), how is WW2? My brother thoroughly enjoyed it though he hasn't played a CoD campaign since BO2.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It's like I wrote this post... Glad I'm not alone.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly, I wish someone could explain it is all. Because In all my years of shooters I haven't experienced that type of disparity between matches in shooters.

There's a difference between like playing a match and doing well and then losing the next, as opposed to playing well and then getting totally obliterated like you're truly against the best player in the world.. Makes no sense to me.

I think it's the servers. It's just super terrible right now. On PS4, and I can't even find a match, nor see anyone in HQ. Worse thing here is, SHG has remained quiet. Even on Reddit, they just clamped down. Absolutely bananas.

I understand if it was BFII's loot crate fiasco since devs can't just open their mouths, but these are tech issues. How come no one has given a statement on these things? How come SGH has not responded as to why we're playing the beta build up to now?

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
This game has to be discriminating certain connection types or something. I know EVERYBODY cannot be having the connection issues I'm having as pretty much every single player I've come across the last two days kicks my ass regardless of the situation.

I KNOW when my reflexes are on point and when they are off, and for the last couple of days this game has been impossible to play even when I am on my game. Any encounter where I am pretty sure I'm getting shots down first, I'm not getting hit markers until 3-5 shots are fired, and sometimes I die before even seeing the enemy fire. The kill cams are still showing me shooting behind moving enemies, which would explain the lack of hit markers, if for some reason I am seeing a ghost, or delayed visual of my enemy's position.

A guy is reloading, I dump shots on him, he finishes reloading and kills me in what feels like one bullet. Kill cam shows him finishing his reload, me staring at him, then shooting behind him, and he takes his time to line me up and kill me. I know a guy is coming around a corner, he has no idea I'm there, as soon as I hear that he's coming I time my shot perfectly to where he should've died immediately, instead I get off 4 shots with one hit marker then die before seeing him fire. The kill cam shows me staring at him as he comes around the corner, he reacts relatively slowly in lining me up and firing, then I am shown letting off one bullet before he kills me.

I had NO connection issues the first two nights and every encounter felt fair. If I died to an enemy it was because they reacted quicker, I missed a shot, whatever. Deaths made sense, I rarely felt like I clearly had a kill and got robbed by connection. If anybody has any explanation for this please shed some light, because I was really enjoying this game before the connection issues. Now it is borderline making me rage and having me not even want to bother playing it.