• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Screw sledgehammer for putting quick scoping in this game. It's brutal hitting guys 4 times and then dying by a quick scope.

Yep, it's back...hard! I even made a Reddit thread about it over the weekend, and lo and behold! The quickscopers came in to say it felt "prefect." Someone there said SHG might have made it this way to pander to YouTubers who love their no-scope-360-degree-tapioca-pudding sniper montages.

I hate it. I mean, some of the maps (or rather, most) are built with snipers in mind and are just a pain in the ass to navigate.

I'm having fun with WWII, but at the same time, there are nagging issues within the game that (to me) clearly shows SHG isn't that seasoned when it comes to making MP. Stuff like Headquarters are brilliant in theory but execution isn't well done (betting dollars to donuts that's why it loads so long after every match), map design are super weird (I get that they wanted to avoid the three-lane design), progression (seriously, who the heck designed gun grips? It's for a secondary, and I guarantee it that 90 percent of people don't even see their gun grip designs (you can see it by holding triangle on PS4), and so on.

Also, this has the worst COD servers and matchmaking I've seen in recent memory. Player getting pitted against Prestige teams with superior connections? Yeah, nope. I've lost count how many times I've been ushered in to matches that are 3v5 or 4v6 and the entire team is stacked with high level players, and I'm supposed to carry my team of sub level 20s with a bad connection? Yeah, no.

Concept is good, game is fun, but some gameplay design and choices are outirght baffling.

Also, that whole "they didn't implement the post-beta changes" thing? Yeah, STILL NO RESPONSE from the studio! I mean, WTF?!

Soulstoner

Oct 27, 2017
Just need to stop in and say that this game looks and plays amazing on the Xbox one X. 60 FPS in the MP social space, and 60FPS 4k in other modes.

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, it's back...hard! I even made a Reddit thread about it over the weekend, and lo and behold! The quickscopers came in to say it felt "prefect." Someone there said SHG might have made it this way to pander to YouTubers who love their no-scope-360-degree-tapioca-pudding sniper montages.

I hate it. I mean, some of the maps (or rather, most) are built with snipers in mind and are just a pain in the ass to navigate.

I'm having fun with WWII, but at the same time, there are nagging issues within the game that (to me) clearly shows SHG isn't that seasoned when it comes to making MP. Stuff like Headquarters are brilliant in theory but execution isn't well done (betting dollars to donuts that's why it loads so long after every match), map design are super weird (I get that they wanted to avoid the three-lane design), progression (seriously, who the heck designed gun grips? It's for a secondary, and I guarantee it that 90 percent of people don't even see their gun grip designs (you can see it by holding triangle on PS4), and so on.

Also, this has the worst COD servers and matchmaking I've seen in recent memory. Player getting pitted against Prestige teams with superior connections? Yeah, nope. I've lost count how many times I've been ushered in to matches that are 3v5 or 4v6 and the entire team is stacked with high level players, and I'm supposed to carry my team of sub level 20s with a bad connection? Yeah, no.

Concept is good, game is fun, but some gameplay design and choices are outirght baffling.

Also, that whole "they didn't implement the post-beta changes" thing? Yeah, STILL NO RESPONSE from the studio! I mean, WTF?!

Agreed with everything above and to add more:

Weapon balance is ass
You get stuck playing same map back to back .
Plenty of bugs
Lag switch I've seen in action and it's brutal
Inconsistent bullet Bs

I'm done with this franchise if they can't be asked to invest in dedicated servers for us .

This game proves the CoD formula sucks in this day and age

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to hit Rank 30, and it just occurred to me...at this point I think I've only ever been able to call in a scorestreak one or two times, period. I almost forgot they were even in the game. On one hand, I kind of like that the game is more focused on gun vs. gun combat and not a kill/scorestreak bonanza like previous CODs. On the other, I think the Recon plane's score requirements should maybe be reduced by a few points.

But my god the net code on this game is terrible. I've lost count of how many War/Dom matches I've lost because of the lag.

I'm hoping the first patch for this game is substantial.

AntiMacro

Oct 27, 2017
Alberta
People complaining they never get to call in a scorestreak - why aren't you using Requisitions? It keeps scorestreaks active through death, so you can call one or two in during a game. The downside - only getting to call them in one time - is pretty severe if you're good enough to string together streaks already, but for those struggling...it's perfect.

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
People complaining they never get to call in a scorestreak - why aren't you using Requisitions? It keeps scorestreaks active through death, so you can call one or two in during a game. The downside - only getting to call them in one time - is pretty severe if you're good enough to string together streaks already, but for those struggling...it's perfect.
Primed or espionage or almost musts.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Weapon balance is ass
Plenty of bugs
Inconsistent bullet Bs

I'm done with this franchise if they can't be asked to invest in dedicated servers for us .

Weapons are limited and then you have the top-tier guns like BAR, Type 100, which are what everyone uses.

What's lag switch?

Imagine me: https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/927785374012751873

That's what I get every damn time. I see people teleport and shit. I have at least a 50mbps connection, and have never had any issues with other online game.

Lots of bugs. Sad thing is, SHGames isn't as communicative as Vonderhaar or Treyarch. I usually see the SGH bosses only reply to YouTubers and not the actual "community."

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
They need to severely nerf the Espionage perk. Who thought that was a good idea? It's so broken and if half the team run it, makes you feel like you're playing against people with ESP since they don't even need radar to know where you're.

Oct 25, 2017
Primed or espionage or almost musts.
No they aren't, at all. I go positive most games and do not use either one of those at all.

On top of that too, someone said gun balance is "ass" - I'd like to see what they think is perfect gun balance in a prior CoD game, cause I've apart from the Bar which has good competition, there is no stand out guns to run all the time.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I see server maintenance on Twitter is

10pm - 12am pt

And

2am - 7am pt

What time is this for the UK? I wish they'd do all time zones.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
On top of that too, someone said gun balance is "ass" - I'd like to see what they think is perfect gun balance in a prior CoD game, cause I've apart from the Bar which has good competition, there is no stand out guns to run all the time.

I agree, I'm actually surprised at how balanced the weapons are for a launch COD title. The BAR and MP40 appear to be the top-tier weapons, but only marginally in my experience. It seems like, with the right attachments, you can make practically any gun in the game into a murder machine depending on the map.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snipers and quickscoping needs to be sorted out.

The BAR is a great weapon but as standard with only a 20 bullet clip size it's a nice balance.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I'm about to hit Rank 30, and it just occurred to me...at this point I think I've only ever been able to call in a scorestreak one or two times, period. I almost forgot they were even in the game. On one hand, I kind of like that the game is more focused on gun vs. gun combat and not a kill/scorestreak bonanza like previous CODs. On the other, I think the Recon plane's score requirements should maybe be reduced by a few points.

But my god the net code on this game is terrible. I've lost count of how many War/Dom matches I've lost because of the lag.

I'm hoping the first patch for this game is substantial.

That one training you can use where you either lower the scores, or the other where they don't reset when you die are both good I found when I was struggling a bit. It helped me at least be able to somewhat enjoy scorestreaks

Oct 25, 2017
This is why the division setup is way better than pick 10. It's harder to have an OP class loadout.

With pick 10 it literally becomes 9 out of 10 people using the same perks.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I had a go of MW3 last night and found a match within seconds.
Why am I waiting 7+ minutes to connect to a TDM on this?

I played the game for 40 minutes last night, and I managed to play three matches of TDM, and 2 of them disconnected me halfway through because the servers were not available.

I'm enjoying the game. It's not clicked with me yet as much as MW3 did, but it's fun. I'm just struggling to actually get to play it.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I experienced a few naff games on Friday night, the usual COD craic where you die instantly due to the TTK and lag comp. But I can honestly say that bar Friday night, every other match has been fine, on PC btw.

I only tend to play Domination and the only map I can't get away with is Gibraltar, most of the map plays out at B and I just can't get the flow of it at all, maybe it's because my team always gets destroyed.

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, using these MG nests in War just feels cruel. You can mow down literally dozens of people and unless they're quick with a sniper or use teamwork (lmao), they're basically powerless to stop you.

Just need to stop in and say that this game looks and plays amazing on the Xbox one X. 60 FPS in the MP social space, and 60FPS 4k in other modes.

Stop posting stuff like this, I don't need my temptation to upgrade my console grow stronger! :P Luckily I don't have a 4k TV, otherwise I'd own it already.

The first part of Operation Neptune is one of those times where I genuinely wonder how anyone that worked on it actually has a job in the games industry.

I found it to be okay if you just dive between cover and after diving to (and blowing up) the first sand mounds, just throw smokes and build ladders or destroy the doors. I often found myself being the only person getting inside the turret houses, though, many people staying in the water and using snipers like idiots. Machine guns and shotguns are actually useful during that stage.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

Weapon balance is ass
Plenty of bugs
Inconsistent bullet Bs

1- Weapon balance is pretty good at launch, you just need to get better at the game, some people have been playing Cod forever and will give you no chance no matter the weapon.

2- Map rotation is definitely flawed.

3- No in game bugs check your game, maybe it's broken.

4- Some lag in some games no doubt, sometimes shots don't register and sway needs fixing.

5- Black Ops 3 had Dedicated Servers I played on them all the time, not seeing them here tbh not sure why, terrible decision.

6- Game has flaws but it's great, Cod formula is still fun and my favorite fps to play online after Halo.

Sniping is fucking horrendous in this

It's pretty easy which makes it annoying because snipers can melt a whole team without needing much skill, I never use Sniper got one from the ground and killed 7 people without sweat, definitely should be harder to snip like in Black Ops 3.

Shadow Yuk

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
Going to get the game in days, if you want to play and you're on xbox feel free to add me (GT: Shadow Yuk)

Is the net code really that bad or is a thing that happens once in a while?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Going to get the game in days, if you want to play and you're on xbox feel free to add me (GT: Shadow Yuk)

Is the net code really that bad or is a thing that happens once in a while?

I'm on PS4, and while I've not had much problem with the netcode when I'm in a match, finding a match is like finding a unicorn. There is the occasional time where I put 5 bullets into someone then die, but on the kill cam I miss with all of them, but it hasn't happened noticeably any more or less frequently than in other CoD games for me.

Also, the Headquarters social hub thing has been populated by players once since I started playing.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1- Weapon balance is pretty good at launch, you just need to get better at the game, some people have been playing Cod forever and will give you no chance no matter the weapon.

2- Map rotation is definitely flawed.

3- No in game bugs check your game, maybe it's broken.

4- Some lag in some games no doubt, sometimes shots don't register and sway needs fixing.

5- Black Ops 3 had Dedicated Servers I played on them all the time, not seeing them here tbh not sure why, terrible decision.

6- Game has flaws but it's great, Cod formula is still fun and my favorite fps to play online after Halo.

It's pretty easy which makes it annoying because snipers can melt a whole team without needing much skill, I never use Sniper got one from the ground and killed 7 people without sweat, definitely should be harder to snip like in Black Ops 3.

Yep it's atupidly easy, I've seen some ridiculous stuff on twitter of people getting many kills in a row and been victim to it.

It should take skill not just spamming the trigger, but I guess it's expected considering the state of sniping in advanced warfare.

But not quick scoping!

The greatest of balance, the shittiest of things.

Sorry I don't understand what you mean.

QS is fucking OTT in this game.

I do have to say though that bravo to SHG for balancing the guns, it's so refreshing seeing everyone with lots of different weapons instead of people using one gun.

Last edited:

YawZah

Oct 30, 2017
Just had a 34-4 TDM game. With a 20 kill spree.. And the server disconnects during the celebration scene after the game is finished and none of the stats are recorded. Not going to lie I'm a bit salty. For crying out loud.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
I've still never had more than just me in HQ when mp loads.

And how do I commend someone so I can finally complete whatever that challenge is?

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Because it's insanely easy. I had a contract to get 15 sniper kills and I managed 20 in one game, having never used a sniper rifle before. Auto aim does like 95% of the work for you so it's no surprise a ton of people are going to love doing it.
Blops3 did it right with snipers. And to an extent IW. Where the Trek-50 has no aim assist. From the impressions here so far. It seems the experience is night and day compared to the PC in the MP department.

Troy1

Nov 5, 2017
That one training you can use where you either lower the scores, or the other where they don't reset when you die are both good I found when I was struggling a bit. It helped me at least be able to somewhat enjoy scorestreaks

I'll give this a try, I'm rank 23 and I've only gotten a couple scorestreaks. Says more about my skill level but I don't think it's clicked for me quite yet

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Blops3 did it right with snipers. And to an extent IW. Where the Trek-50 has no aim assist. From the impressions here so far. It seems the experience is night and day compared to the PC in the MP department.

Problem is the Cod sniping community, they go crazy now if they drop quick scoping and nerf sniping lol

Treyarch has the balls to make bold moves and that's why they are Cod top developer and nobody can touch them, Sledgehammer just gave away sniping because they are afraid of the backlash.

Seriously treyarch Twitter and their devs were always being asked to bring auto aim to snipers and quick scoping and they didn't gave a shit and even answered some with crazy tweets Lmao

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is I am, overall l, enjoying the game. The sniping is sucking the fun out of the game for me at times.

Plus I always go for diamond camo so the only gun I've used so far is the first AR. Not sure how good it is.

Last edited:

Madvillain

Nov 1, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm enjoying the singleplayer..
Multiplayer isn't playable at the moment, way too much lag and server connection problems...

Also not enough different maps on release, because they had to make 3 unique War maps probably.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Random thoughts.

•The connection issues were so ridiculous until yesterday, where I only (only lol) had 2 disconnects.

•War is a refreshing game mode. No killstreaks is the best. Where's the maps though?

•Gridiron is pure dumb fun.

•Glad killstreaks are almost nonexistent/game changing throughout the game.

•When are they repopulating HQ? It's fun with a ton of people. Especially with the balls!

Shadow Yuk

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
I'm on PS4, and while I've not had much problem with the netcode when I'm in a match, finding a match is like finding a unicorn. There is the occasional time where I put 5 bullets into someone then die, but on the kill cam I miss with all of them, but it hasn't happened noticeably any more or less frequently than in other CoD games for me
Oh, from what I'm reading pretty much what happens for every CoD game
For the match finding, I think it's due to the servers and being the first days, but I'm not picking up a CoD at D1 since BO2, so I don't know how past D1 have been

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Carentan is locked behind the season pass, is it going to be like that forever? It was my favorite map on 1/2/MW.

TheDave545

Nov 4, 2017
Personally I think unless Quick Scoping is addressed then a lot of people will just migrate back to Battlefield 1.