• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MrMatt555

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just wanna say the bar is hands down the deadliest gun I've used so far. Unlock token really came in clutch; I'm having fun mowing down in free for all

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I've just about had enough of this stupid fucking matchmaking. I get into full lobbies easy and no timer ever appears and everyone leaves.

This shit is infuriating.

Same. Super terrible. I think they lose connection or something since it has happened to me. Like, a match starts and then I suddenly see myself getting kicked back out into HQ with various error messages.

Also, matchmaking is crap. I'm either lumped into losing games, matches where it's 3v5 or more, or one-bar ping. Proof? Here: https://twitter.com/excaliburps/status/927680111029002240

Super infuriating. W/L is crap right now, and I'm honestly surprised my KD is even at a positive. Activision really needs to roll out dedicated servers (not just this hybrid nonsense) to make it an even playing field. When I play with three bars, I feel it since enemies die instantly with 3-5 shots. In one-bar matches, it takes me almost an entire magazine and need to be super crafty.

I honestly don't remember BO3 matchmaking and servers being this bad, and I kinda suspect Headquarters is one of the culprits for the instability for some reason.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
War mode is great fun and fits the series perfectly. I'm loving the gunplay, really packs a punch.
I think people dismissing the game's visuals are biased. It's not a Naughty Dog game, but the game looks great (on my basic ps4). They really nailed the WW2 aesthetic, they captured the cinematic feeling, good color pallet, great lighting. Some of the effects are outdated, mainly the explosions, but flames and fire are great. Cutscenes in the campaign are top-tier though, as they've always been since AW.
Tried zombies for the first time, it's great, I love the new direction, seems more accessible and I like the overall aesthetic. Is it possible to beat the mode by yourself?

Also, as for bugs and lag, I haven't felt a thing on the ps4, in europe. The only problem is the empty HQ, everything else is working perfectly. Never got kicked of a game, got stuck on a menu or felt an abnormal lag.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Sorry for the long post, but this is something that has bugged me in Call of Duty for years. There's certainly something funny going on, and it feels eerily similar to lag issues that persisted at times in past CoDs. I am sitting at 2.00 K/D right now and will get on a roll where I'm going 20-4ish every game, but mixed between will be games where the entire lobby is just rolling me. In these games, if I didn't know any better I'd say the players on the other team are amazing, then I see that some of the guys consistently wrecking me are 7-11 or worse. In instances where I know a guy is around a corner and there's little likelihood they knew my position, I get the jump and still almost die in many encounters. I'll receive fire before a player is shown coming around a corner. I'll get four hits with an STG point blank and still not get the kill only to see the enemy apparently only get hit twice in the kill cam. In kill cams where my target is moving I am shown firing constantly behind them looking like my aim is completely off. I know they say kill cams aren't completely accurate in CoD, but it wouldn't surprise me if these instances are reflective of what is going on in the game with seeing player models behind where the server is registering them.

So what I wonder is if this has something to do with being the host, like an anti-host advantage. The last CoD I played seriously was Black Ops 2, and 100% of the time when I was host in that game it felt EXACTLY the same with every player in the lobby having an advantage against me and being impossible to kill without me being completely locked in. It was very consistent - it was almost like I had a huge lag delay versus everybody. It made me wonder if it was implemented that way so as not to give the host a connection advantage over the rest of the server. It's honestly not enough to make me not want to play the game, and it forces me to just slow down and play the position game to take away the reflex factor, but I've never felt anything like this in any other shooter series in my life.

I remember having this problem in MW3 but to a much greater extent, and it occurred in what felt like 100% of the games. I would constantly complain to friends about it and they thought I was imagining things, and it was very rarely that I would have a good game. Then 11 months or so later IW released a patch where they said in the patch notes that they made some big adjustment to the network code. When I played the game after that it was like night and day, gun fights felt fair, and I was able to do well when I was on my game. I'm no game developer or network engineer, but I can't help but feel like there's something funny in the network code that adversely affects some players to a significant degree in some games, irrespective of the actual connection between players.
It's never been this bad. This is by far the worse netcode in a cod game. It's ridiculous.

retroed

Oct 27, 2017
Haha I never knew you could vote for the map either. First time trying it just now, and I was the only one.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, I managed to get a "Heroic" weapon skin for the Garand from a rare supply drop (the Frontline II skin). Looks neat.

It's funny how my matches are basically this

Oh that was fun
Hate this fucking pos
Good match
Pos
Fun times
Why am I playing this?
I think I'm gettin it!
No I'm not

This is basically my experience with every COD.

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
The BAR and MP40 need to be brought in line with the rest of the weapons in this fucking game.

Shitty crutch weapons right now that excel in far too many things.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I'm getting pretty tired of the next game instantly starting almost before the current game finishes. Why are we changing lobbies after every game, too? I'm getting a ton of join in progresses.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
So I do not care about politics or drama. I just have a simple straight up question.
Is this game worth it just for the SP Campaign?
My X arrives tomorrow so I have held off checking it out, but from what I have read so far the Campaign does not seem like it is what it should be.
I am picking up NFS Payback from Best Buy tomorrow (it is a guilty pleasure of mine), so I have the option of keeping my current copy of this game and playing it, or trading it in towards the new Assassins Creed.
I am heavily leaning towards the latter. But I do love SP Campaigns focused around WWII. Also a guilty pleasure of mine.
So really just looking for simple yes it is or no it is not answers to help me decide do I trade it in towards AC or do I keep it.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Cool, I managed to get a "Heroic" weapon skin for the Garand from a rare supply drop (the Frontline II skin). Looks neat.

This is basically my experience with every COD.

Just like every cod lol

Lol it's just comforting to see others know that feel.

But I just ask.. Where are these fucking cyborgs from?

I think my final summary of cod ww2 is this, for me it's definitely better than previous cods that I've played...as I can actually stomach it and it's not nonstop being shot from behind unless I've adapted better..

But overall as a shooter I think it boils down to these guys who are insane have just gotten so used to spraying instantly, or just staring down sight lines etc... And they're masters of it.

I also think you're head has to be on to much of a swivel and that's due to so many openings, if they closed some off and maps felt more like a real area as opposed to how many sneaky paths people can run at you every angle this game would be so much better, the series in general.

I should post a video of my favorite Battlefield map and how even for tdm, it just feels like a real place instead flat ground with obstacles and lanes for people to fire down.

But it's definitely better than recent cods in my eyes.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Is max weapon level 12? What do you get by prestiging weapons?

Max weapon level varies. Some might cap at 9, some at 10 and some at 12.

When you first prestige a weapon, you unlock the ability to add your clan tag to the side of the weapon.

When you prestige the weapon again, you can add a kill counter to the side.

Both of these are TINY. You can hardly see them and if you add a camo it's even worse.

IMO, it's not worth prestiging any gun. On the bright side, you seem to level them up pretty quickly if you do choose to prestige.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Max weapon level varies. Some might cap at 9, some at 10 and some at 12.

When you first prestige a weapon, you unlock the ability to add your clan tag to the side of the weapon.

When you prestige the weapon again, you can add a kill counter to the side.

Both of these are TINY. You can hardly see them and if you add a camo it's even worse.

IMO, it's not worth prestiging any gun. On the bright side, you seem to level them up pretty quickly if you do choose to prestige.

Cool thank you. Didn't know what they added if you prestiged. I was guessing maybe a special camo or something. Guess not hehe

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I do not care about politics or drama. I just have a simple straight up question.
Is this game worth it just for the SP Campaign?
My X arrives tomorrow so I have held off checking it out, but from what I have read so far the Campaign does not seem like it is what it should be.
I am picking up NFS Payback from Best Buy tomorrow (it is a guilty pleasure of mine), so I have the option of keeping my current copy of this game and playing it, or trading it in towards the new Assassins Creed.
I am heavily leaning towards the latter. But I do love SP Campaigns focused around WWII. Also a guilty pleasure of mine.
So really just looking for simple yes it is or no it is not answers to help me decide do I trade it in towards AC or do I keep it.

I enjoyed the single-player campaign but I would say no. It would be a decent rental, but if you have no interest in touching MP or zombies, it's probably not worth it.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis
A friend and I were both doing super good until we got that garbage ass snow map 3 times in a row. I vow to quit every single game on that map.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Screw sledgehammer for putting quick scoping in this game. It's brutal hitting guys 4 times and then dying by a quick scope.

ashep

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know there are more refined or ambitious games out there but I get sucked back in to the COD multiplayer meatgrinder every other year.

I know there are server issues at the moment but when it works, is the core gameplay loop still fun? I've had my fill of Titanfall.

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Well, fuck the Normandy campaign in War mode. At least as an attacker. The enemy just puts down the MG fire down the beach where you spawn every time and there is almost no chance to escape. This is a worse splatterfest than Operation Metro back in the Battlefield 3 days. Apart from that, it's alright, I guess.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, fuck the Normandy campaign in War mode. At least as an attacker. The enemy just puts down the MG fire down the beach where you spawn every time and there is almost no chance to escape. This is a worse splatterfest than Operation Metro back in the Battlefield 3 days. Apart from that, it's alright, I guess.
If at least three allies use smoke it's not that bad.

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there anyway to increase scoped/ADS aimspeed for snipers? I usually lose close range fights because I can't spin fast enough when scoped. (No scoping is not really my strength.)

Also, what is the Sharpshooter skill for the Mountain Division? Is it just the ability to hold your breath when scoped?

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017

I never have an issue with the beach part. Just sprint from cover to cover and I can easily make it to the bunkers. I usually always go to bunker B first.

Now the map where you have to build the bridge is always a slaughter fest for me. And if no one has smoke then GG.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

The key with that map (and indeed all of the War maps) as an attacker is smoke grenades, they completely negate the MG nests because they can't see shit.

I have a strategy for that map as an attacker that has been serving me well. Head up the right flank of the beach at the start, moving from cover-to-cover, using the dive-to-prone mechanic if necessary. Then, run to the far-right of the beach wall where you have to plant the bangalore in order to clear the barbed wire. Crawl to the bangalore and set it off. Then, toss a smoke grenade right at the base of the right-side bunker where the machine guns are. Once you have sufficient cover, keep running right until you get to the ladder that you can build. Climb and enter the base, and take out the MG gunners.

This strategy works 9 times out of 10 for me. Of course, as soon as the enmy team gets notified that the base is being taken and it's just me in there, I quickly get overwhelmed by the entire team making a mad rush to the base. But it's a good way to cause some quick panic for the enemy team. Sometimes you even get lucky and they'll abandon the defenses on the left side in order to deal with you, leaving space for your team to move up.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
I never have an issue with the beach part. Just sprint from cover to cover and I can easily make it to the bunkers. I usually always go to bunker B first.

Now the map where you have to build the bridge is always a slaughter fest for me. And if no one has smoke then GG.

Are you and your team using smoke? Because with no smoke I call bull. It's a meat grinder if you're attacking and the defenders can aim worth their salt.

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
I'm not sure what it is but I'm sucking worse at this Call of Duty than any previous one I've played. I could hold my own and carry a 2.0KD/R in most of the past games, Black Ops 3 being the exception where I actually did way better than usual. In this one I feel completely useless, I can be 2 inches away from someone and not be able to hold the aim steady while shooting them. I've also noticed some weird things where I'll enter a room no one will be there but then I die and the killcam shows them there the entire time. I'm really just wondering at this point if this game is not meant for me or if it's actually just not working all that great atm (it's probably me).

wbloop

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
If at least three allies use smoke it's not that bad.

The key with that map (and indeed all of the War maps) as an attacker is smoke grenades, they completely negate the MG nests because they can't see shit.

I have a strategy for that map as an attacker that has been serving me well. Head up the right flank of the beach at the start, moving from cover-to-cover, using the dive-to-prone mechanic if necessary. Then, run to the far-right of the beach wall where you have to plant the bangalore in order to clear the barbed wire. Crawl to the bangalore and set it off. Then, toss a smoke grenade right at the base of the right-side bunker where the machine guns are. Once you have sufficient cover, keep running right until you get to the ladder that you can build. Climb and enter the base, and take out the MG gunners.

This strategy works 9 times out of 10 for me. Of course, as soon as the enmy team gets notified that the base is being taken and it's just me in there, I quickly get overwhelmed by the entire team making a mad rush to the base. But it's a good way to cause some quick panic for the enemy team. Sometimes you even get lucky and they'll abandon the defenses on the left side in order to deal with you, leaving space for your team to move up.

I completely forgot the smokes. Yeah, I should keep that in mind. I don't know if they are that efficient on PC, though. I actually managed to get through a few times on the right flank, but when I'm the only one making the run while my team is behind cover in the water and trying to snipe the MGs while they get obliterated there's not much I can do. But I will still go for the smokes. Better one than none. Thanks!

Oct 27, 2017
Eh, I'm starting to give up on the MP. Its just so inconsistent, the aiming just feels so weird, felt this way since the beta. It seems impossible to get any killstreaks and the maps are pure shit(which is probably half the problem). I'm gonna give it some more time because I try my best to give the mp a chance to get better. There's only one other COD where I would go 25-4 one match and then have a string of games where I went 4-18 and that was Advanced Warfare. It just seems like Treyarch is the only one of the devs that seems to get the COD "feel" right. The campaign was great though.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Eh, I'm starting to give up on the MP. Its just so inconsistent, the aiming just feels so weird, felt this way since the beta. It seems impossible to get any killstreaks and the maps are pure shit(which is probably half the problem). I'm gonna give it some more time because I try my best to give the mp a chance to get better. There's only one other COD where I would go 25-4 one match and then have a string of games where I went 4-18 and that was Advanced Warfare. It just seems like Treyarch is the only one of the devs that seems to get the COD "feel" right. The campaign was great though.

Yea it's so foreign to me in general. I never played a series where I just felt like my skills are back to square one every other match. I typically play and learn, get my ass kicked at times but then I start to just do better unless I'm truly against a juggernaut team. But I've put in hundreds of hours in halo, battlefront, Battlefield, crucible, doom, on and on.... And theyre all the same in terms of I get better match after match. I never feel I'm on a coaster.

And like I've asked before.. Is this just where the greatest players ever are? Because it certainly feels like it.