• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I swear, I think that weapon is bugged. I have gotten plenty of hitmakers with it on the PC. Unlike the M1. I even tried to take down a score streak and no hitmakers at times.

I want to say yes but it seems to be happening a lot across other weapons as well per other player reports.

Also anyone play FFA and feel like the game picks 'punching bags'? Like you get a string of spawns that put you right into the line of someone running towards your back.

Aim assist seems wonky and strafing is simply too powerful since it messes up the aim assist. Makes trying to play slow and safe much harder. Rewards rushing and playing very spastic.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Also just an FYI according to some on Reddit. In the 1v1 Pit in HQ, it counts your deaths towards your K/D but not your kills. So basically going to the 1v1 Pit means that it's actively harming your K/D.

I know not everyone cares about that but just a warning.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Okay, so the Nazi Zombies mode has got to be the scariest version of the mode I've seen since it first appeared in World At War.

Also, holy shit, the questline in it is fucking insane how hard it is.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the multiplayer. We haven't had a boots on ground game since Ghosts and it's nice to go back to what mad CoD popular. Less flying and sliding and crazy killstreaks has really returned me to being able to enjoy the game quite a bit.

Yeah I'm the same, haven't played since Ghosts and it's a welcome return. I'm really enjoying the multiplayer, I especially love the trench map.

While I enjoy the campaign, I don't see why they couldn't have shook it up a little. How about a WW campaign told from a black soldiers' perspective? Just something a bit different than the cookie cutter Joe America fights Nazis story.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Dam very nice, what's your loadout and class?
My main was the Thompson SMG, with grip and rapid fire. Then had the airborne division and my basic training was ordnance (basically cheaper killstreaks). And my streaks were UAV, care package and artillery strike or whatever it's called lol.

It was on Pointe De Hoc, so I ended up just dominating all the gunfights in the centre and even at times midrange.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
My K/D took a hit because my dumb ass needs to understand that playing past 3am EST is not a good idea because the lag comp will smack you, lol. What gun besides the BAR you AR players are using?

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I appear to have lost a step, lol

https://twitter.com/rixan954/status/927379060304613377

https://twitter.com/rixan954/status/927378769094070272

Although admittedly I'm improving as I learn the maps, still nowhere near confident in a loadout or even gun

Also, UAV seems tons harder to get in this than it did in previous CODs

I remember squading up with you and other players before in BO3. Haha!

It's the scoring. It's based from the beta, with kills in Dom being 50 instead of 100 which was said to be in the final version. :(

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
Might be my first COD game since World at War!
How's the campaign btw? I kinda liked the solo content in World at war but it was a bit too short

Subpar Scrub

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit. The sawn-off shotgun is the worst shotgun in Call of Duty history. Literally unusable.

I can't believe they had the gall to put such a terrible weapon in the game, then do nothing to address quick scoping, drop shotting etc.

It's irritating, but I guess it's all fine as long as someone can run wild with OP SMGs and rifles.

Last edited:

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm making a compilation of how shit the sawn-off is haha, it's almost making the two hit markers from 2 metres away worth it.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Gustav Cannon is one of the worst maps I've ever played in any game ever.

I'm really not sure what they were going for with that map but it doesn't work at all.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
First CoD I've bought and played properly for quite some time. Really quite like it despite my aging reflexes. The maps I have seen being getting a bit of stick from some quarters but it's one of the highlights of the game for me. Variety, distinction, feel like real places and not rat runs designed for a single type of play.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I still haven't played on all of the maps in the game.

Also Operation Neptune as Allies needs more cover or sniping needs to be less easy.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Might be my first COD game since World at War!
How's the campaign btw? I kinda liked the solo content in World at war but it was a bit too short

I've not finished, but I've been enjoying it. It reminds me of the MoH Assault games. You have health packs instead, which is great.

The hard modes are kinda annoying though, because you basically need to rely on the sniper/iron sight snipers to kill things reliably.

The very first AR you get, can't remember the name, is godlike. It's like a hybrid AR and SMG.

The M1941.
I've only tried it against bots, as I've never been an AR fan, but it's pretty damn good.

Deleted member 25004

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Anyone playing the campaign on veteran? How is it? I remember Advanced Warfare being one of the easier campaigns on veteran.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
I always loved CoD's campaign but I need more feedback on this one. Is it worth getting?

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Gustav Cannon is one of the worst maps I've ever played in any game ever.

I'm really not sure what they were going for with that map but it doesn't work at all.

Gustav is bad but it at least as a semblance of side lanes, USS Texas is worse imo

You go left or right and get sniped by people sitting in spawn, or you go interior middle and deal with that clusterfuck

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I'm usually an AR player. I haven't unlocked the BAR yet but I've been using with the STG-44 with Extended Mags, Rapid Fire, High Caliber and whichever grip reduces recoil whilst ADS, tend to do pretty well with it.

I had my first go on War last night, it was pretty fun but my team sucked. We failed at blowing up the mounted guns and on our turn to defend we got absolutely steam rolled, seemed fun though.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Also i have to laugh at the quartermaster collection. To unlock a heroic gun/uniform, out of all the items you need to get to unlock said heroic item, the last item to obtain is ALWAYS like 9000.

The grind is real lol

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to get a full map overview in match? Or are you just limited to the mini-map?

Phoenix944

Oct 28, 2017
I've not finished, but I've been enjoying it. It reminds me of the MoH Assault games. You have health packs instead, which is great.

The hard modes are kinda annoying though, because you basically need to rely on the sniper/iron sight snipers to kill things reliably.

Alright, thanks. I'm buying this :)
By hard modes you mean the Veteran difficulty? I remember it was kinda insane in COD WaW, like enemies throwing a shitload of grenade the second you stop running -_-

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, thanks. I'm buying this :)
By hard modes you mean the Veteran difficulty? I remember it was kinda insane in COD WaW, like enemies throwing a shitload of grenade the second you stop running -_-

I've been playing on the second hardest, can't remember if that's hardened or veteran.

There's nothing as stupid as the WaW grenades, you just take a lot of damage from bullets, and anything that isn't a sniper takes an age to kill somebody. It's just that at times you'll go for a while without having the iron sight sniper, which sucks.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit. The sawn-off shotgun is the worst shotgun in Call of Duty history. Literally unusable.

I can't believe they had the gall to put such a terrible weapon in the game, then do nothing to address quick scoping, drop shotting etc.

It's irritating, but I guess it's all fine as long as someone can run wild with OP SMGs and rifles.
The CoD community will cry about any half-decent shotgun, because god forbid a shotgun is dominant in CQB. Thus only Treyarch games have good shotguns.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Problem is the game uses client side hit detection only right now so you'll see yourself get more hitmarkers than should be needed to kill (I got 4 once with the Garand) and then get hosed because either your packets were dropped or for some reason the server prioritized the packets of the other people.

It's really bad right now.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about being able to reset all of your stats, as if you're playing MP for the first time? I don't see that option anywhere.

I could have sworn I read it was included, though. Maybe it's something that can only be done once you hit max prestige?

See below.

Where is this option in the menus?

It's not in the menu, it's only an option when you can prestige when you visit the general

https://youtu.be/G59TDxleGfo

That video shows it.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this game, but I don't enjoy the fact that there are less weapons than back in the day and abilities are grouped together into specialties. I'm sure it's for balance, but my favorite thing about these games was finding goofy broken shit and just annoying the hell out of people when you pulled off your strategy.

Maybe it's because I'm still a noob but I feel like it's missing a good vertical level too.

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, couple of things/questions...

1. From time to time at the end of a match...and it gives you the list of things you unlocked during the match it will say "supply drop" but I don't ever get a supply drop...this has happened probably 5 or 6 times...am I misinterpreted what that means? Or am I getting screwed out of supply drops by this buggy as shit game?
Me too, it seems to be 50/50 on whether you actually get the loot box or not. Also had the pleasure of opening a Rare crate the other night, only for it to open, say "Unable to retrieve loot data", vanish, and not even give the crate back. :|

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Problem is the game uses client side hit detection only right now so you'll see yourself get more hitmarkers than should be needed to kill (I got 4 once with the Garand) and then get hosed because either your packets were dropped or for some reason the server prioritized the packets of the other people.

It's really bad right now.

Yep, same with me. I get a lot of hitmarkers and the enemy doesn't die. It's the same reason why in some games I dominate, and then in some, I can't catch a break.

It's weird. I kinda like the MP, but it feels a bit shallow. They should have made an "Advanced Training" option so we can at least equip two.

Treyarch is still king of COD MP. I kinda miss Pick-10 now.

Subpar Scrub

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The CoD community will cry about any half-decent shotgun, because god forbid a shotgun is dominant in CQB. Thus only Treyarch games have good shotguns.

I mean, I'm not asking for another akimbo 1887 situation, but fuck me it's bad... so is the semi auto shotgun, now that I've used it a little. I've only gotten 30 one shot kills with the sawn off and most of them are by sneaking up behind snipers and headshotting, which I'm actively needing to do. I put 4 attachments on this thing and it's still shit. I have a thing in recent COD games where I like to use the worst shotgun or machine gun, because it's a challenge and I no longer get satisfaction after years of sniping and using small auto weapons, but this is almost impossible to work around.

I've compiled around 30 recordings of me getting two hit markers from like 2 metres away, a few more and I'll release a compilation to my youtube account with an accompanying rant about this shit. They're petrified of their main audience not having super powerful rifles, smgs and snipers.

I'm so glad that they trashed Pick 10/13. The current halfway-class system is fantastic.

I'll give them that. The new semi-class system and killstreak set up is really really nice.

EndlessNever

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think the Pick 10 system has been holding CoD back for a while now and am delighted it's gone.

Hope to god Treyarch do not bring it back next year...