• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

zsynqx

Oct 25, 2017
Boy, playing local games with bots can be really carthatic if you've been on a losing streak with multiplayer proper. Just set the bots on the enemy team to Recruit and the bots on your team to Veteran and just mop the floor with them XD

It's also a nice way to familiarize yourself with the maps and play around with literally every weapon unlocked, so I you can see in advance what's worth unlocking.
I often do that when I feel a little rusty online. I play 1 vs 17 TDM with all the enemies on recruit/radar always on.

Not sure if that will still work on this one, but the enemies were definitely dumb enough in the older games.

Last edited:

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
So where did my pre order bonus stuff go? I got the xp, I got the prestige token but....where are my outfits? When I go to personalize there is no options available? I know I got some new ones from supply drops to

Holy shit all my old Atari games are in the HQ!!

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
I really am enjoying multiplayer. It's a shame all the server issues are a black mark on the launch.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if its by design that reticle challenges are weapon specific. Seems a bit unnecessary, there's plenty of shit to grind out in these games even without padding like that.
I prefer the stock reticule too.

Also, I find it funny that every year, we get a COD OT thread where half the people hate the game, and the other half love it (well, maybe not Infinite Warfare). xD

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
About to prestige the Infantry Division for a 2nd time, and this time you get a calling card. Very curious to see what else they give you for other prestiges.

Speaking of calling cards, this is the one you get for prestige 1 (and it's my new favorite):

AfraidUnluckyAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

Did a quick browse of calling cards and I like what I see. Many animated ones.

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, couple of things/questions...

1. From time to time at the end of a match...and it gives you the list of things you unlocked during the match it will say "supply drop" but I don't ever get a supply drop...this has happened probably 5 or 6 times...am I misinterpreted what that means? Or am I getting screwed out of supply drops by this buggy as shit game?

2. They have GOT to do something about the matchmaking...the load time issues have mostly been fixed for me, but holy crap, it took me about 20 mins to find a single match earlier today...I would be sitting in a lobby with 10, 11, sometimes even 12 guys and it would just sit there and sit there...very frustrating... definitely the worst launch I remember from a networking standpoint for CoD

3. The UI in this game is a disaster IMO...nothing is very intuitive

4. I had 5/6 daily challenges in 24hrs before, and finished a 6th...go back out of the game to the HQ, redeem the challenge and it goes from 5/6 to 1/6 and I got no unique reward...

5. I can't believe the company that made AW and pulled off customization in terms of gear and weapon variants SO WELL...got it so wrong in WW2...they didn't need to do all the craziness that showed up in AW...but my God, so much missed opportunity for weapon variants and customization...

Very frustrating because I'm mostly liking the gameplay so far and might actually get to stop playing Black Ops 3...but they need to figure out some of this stuff

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
Finally gave War a try and yeah that's a really fun and satisfying mode. Nothing groundbreaking no, but I enjoy it for what it is. Not sure how long three maps will sustain it but I'm assuming they'll add a new map with each DLC so that'll help add some variety.

Side note but servers seem a lot more stable today, haven't really had issues all day other than the still empty Headquarters so I can't do that challenge and get my 750xp.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Finally gave War a try and yeah that's a really fun and satisfying mode. Nothing groundbreaking no, but I enjoy it for what it is. Not sure how long three maps will sustain it but I'm assuming they'll add a new map with each DLC so that'll help add some variety.

Side note but servers seem a lot more stable today, haven't really had issues all day other than the still empty Headquarters so I can't do that challenge and get my 750xp.

I love it, best part of the game for me so far. I really enjoy all of the maps as well (Need more though!!)

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Do enemies still come at you in like groups of 3?

One thing I hated with the spawns was that Id kill a dude only to have 2 other players literally behind him.

Pacote

Oct 25, 2017
São Paulo
Almost finishing the SP. After WF2 all I can say is

+ Epic sound fx and gfx
+ Good gameplay
+ Good story and chars so far

- Hate the infinte respawn bs til you get to the next point
- Hate every quicktime event playing with K+M

xinoart

Oct 27, 2017
I was able to get into literally one match on Friday night and nothing since then. These server issues are horrible :(

Gut

Oct 31, 2017
Really liking this so far, both the single player and online modes. Actually putting a lot of time into this and I have Wolfenstein, Oddyssee, and Origins waiting on me as well. My TCL 4K TV arrives tomorrow, looking forward to the graphical upgrade.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I am so bad at this game. It's more or less me getting shot from the back or the side or me putting five bullets in someone and then having them somehow power through and kill me.

I'm getting so frustrated right now.

Last edited:

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've clocked nearly 30 hours in MP since launch and I think the MP is possibly my favourite of the series ever. BUT, the maps are really a problem.

There are far too many stupid spawns and I really hope the first patch addresses the issue because the longevity of the game for me will depend on it.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I am so bad at this game. It's more or less me getting shot from the back or the side or me putting five bullets in someone and then having them somehow power through and kill me.

I'm getting so frustrated right now.

I hear ya man... I personally think I'll ultimately sell it. Its a decent game and hats off to those who just seemingly can waltz thru and own matches with such ease, that's how I can be alot of the time in other shooters , here not so much... I sit there sweaty as hell sometimes just tryin to muster up 10 to 17 kills or so.

For me this series will forever lack due to to many corridors. Way to many, I mean my god your cam has to be lookin left, right, left right nonstop... If maps were just a little more closed off I believe I'd excel alot more or at least be a lot more competitive.

But the good thing for me is I know I can roll elsewhere just fine, I just wish I could add cod to my arsenal of go to shooters for something different. I am genuinely trying my best with it and will give it a bit more but like you said, to be shot from the back and dead in a blink and then have guys who take half a clip it seems and still stay up, is just infuriating.

Totoro

Oct 25, 2017
After playing MW Remastered as my go to game for the last year, this game is so jerky and choppy, and the time to kill is so short.

It's like Infinite Warfare with a WW2 reskin. Will probably smash this game all the time, but COD multi hasn't been smooth since Black Ops 2 and MW3. Shame.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the least blurry/Vaseline AA option? I don't remember the beta being this bad.

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Did they just straight up disable the hub area? Past two nights or so I'm getting games but there's no one in the social section.

But hey if it allows me to play smoothly then go ahead I guess.
About to prestige the Infantry Division for a 2nd time, and this time you get a calling card. Very curious to see what else they give you for other prestiges.

Speaking of calling cards, this is the one you get for prestige 1 (and it's my new favorite):

AfraidUnluckyAmericancrow-size_restricted.gif

Did a quick browse of calling cards and I like what I see. Many animated ones.
When did they add these? I really haven't played a MP COD since MW2.

Oct 27, 2017
I love how the COD points or whatever needed for the final tier of an item jump from 1,200 to 8,200. Yeah, never gonna happen.

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn campaign mission Hill 493 is such garbage on veteran. Haven't been this pissed off since WAW.

Edit: Phew finally. I was starting to think Sledgehammer brought back infinite respawning enemies

Last edited:

Pikachu

Traded his Bone Marrow for Pizza
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure I like the new zombies. Friends and I haven't been able to complete the Easter egg thing yet, but of what we have done it's very repetitive and somewhat unfun. Map design is also just... boring.

Hard to come close to Origins for me.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
You guys should post some of your matches, Id love to watch some gameplay, especially if there isn't obnoxious commentary. Finding it hard to find vids with no commentary

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
I hear ya man... I personally think I'll ultimately sell it. Its a decent game and hats off to those who just seemingly can waltz thru and own matches with such ease, that's how I can be alot of the time in other shooters , here not so much... I sit there sweaty as hell sometimes just tryin to muster up 10 to 17 kills or so.

For me this series will forever lack due to to many corridors. Way to many, I mean my god your cam has to be lookin left, right, left right nonstop... If maps were just a little more closed off I believe I'd excel alot more or at least be a lot more competitive.

But the good thing for me is I know I can roll elsewhere just fine, I just wish I could add cod to my arsenal of go to shooters for something different. I am genuinely trying my best with it and will give it a bit more but like you said, to be shot from the back and dead in a blink and then have guys who take half a clip it seems and still stay up, is just infuriating.

I have the same feelings as you do. I'm starting off every single match like 0-5. Its a miracle if I finish with an even kill death ratio. What also kills me is a sniper rifles. I can't tell you how many times I shoot someone 5 times and somehow they pull off a shot and kill me one shot.

Last edited:

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I've been watching some clips of the campaign and I am getting an uncanny valley feeling from it. When a someone dies, the animation is very quick. Almost cartoon like. I realize that similar animations were in previous Call of Duty games but this one looks particularly weird due to the better graphics.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I like the MP but I think it's a step down from IW. In the sense that it just doesn't feel right half of the time. Like despite not having the abilities from IW that tell you when a player is near or looking at you, even without UAV players have like pre-cognition. It happens all the time. Not to mention some really egreious stuff like with the SVT-40. IT's a 2 shot kill marksman rifle... But then you get 3 hitmarkers on a player and YOU die. Then you get shit like this where you get 2 hitmarkers and in the kill cam the player shows that they only got hit once.

Like am I crazy..? I see two hitmarkers, I hear two hitmarkers, not only does he not die but then the killcam only shows one flinch as if only getting hit once...

My connection seems fine...

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I like the MP but I think it's a step down from IW. In the sense that it just doesn't feel right half of the time. Like despite not having the abilities from IW that tell you when a player is near or looking at you, even without UAV players have like pre-cognition. It happens all the time. Not to mention some really egreious stuff like with the SVT-40. IT's a 2 shot kill marksman rifle... But then you get 3 hitmarkers on a player and YOU die. Then you get shit like this where you get 2 hitmarkers and in the kill cam the player shows that they only got hit once.

Like am I crazy..? I see two hitmarkers, I hear two hitmarkers, not only does he not die but then the killcam only shows one flinch as if only getting hit once...

I'm not surprised, you also get stuff like this:

Like come on.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
I like the MP but I think it's a step down from IW. In the sense that it just doesn't feel right half of the time. Like despite not having the abilities from IW that tell you when a player is near or looking at you, even without UAV players have like pre-cognition. It happens all the time.
Some of this might be due to Espionage being the default Basic Training, which marks a damaged player on your team's mini map for 5 seconds. And IW's Perception is in WW2 as the Instincts Basic Training.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I have the same feelings as you do. I'm starting off every single match like 0-5. Its a miracle if I finish with an even kill death ratio. What also kills me is a sniper rifles. I can't tell you how many times I shoot someone 5 times and somehow they pull off a shot and kill me one shot.

The thing that bugs me is when I feel I'm doing better then I'm in matches where once again it's like I "never" played a game in my life. That's my biggest issue.

There's some big time fishy stuff I see tho, big time and it's what I believe will forever hold me back.

It just is what it is tho, I mean I'm having fun in spurts only because I get matches sometimes with normal players.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
So does anyone know what the "unique reward" is for completing all 6 daily orders in 24 hours is? I completed my 6th and final one and turned it in, the counter reset to 0 and it didn't seem like I got anything for it.

Oct 25, 2017
What I wouldn't give for dedicated servers. I've experienced a lot of odd hit detection issues, after reading the last few pages I now know that I'm not the only one.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC

I swear, I think that weapon is bugged. I have gotten plenty of hitmakers with it on the PC. Unlike the M1. I even tried to take down a score streak and no hitmakers at times.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
So where did my pre order bonus stuff go? I got the xp, I got the prestige token but....where are my outfits? When I go to personalize there is no options available? I know I got some new ones from supply drops to

Me too, XB1 here! Seems like it's a common issue. I hope they sort it. The game is just starting to click for me now but damn if there isn't a lot of bugs.