• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brohenheim

Oct 27, 2017
Each Division has their own set of clothing. Have you looked through each of them?

When you go to Modify Infantry and press Triangle on the Division, you'll see a list of uniforms. Choose one of the uniforms and press X to bring up the list of variants you may have unlocked for that uniform.

It's such a weird system. The UI definitely needs to be worked on. If you still can't find that heroic outfit, then it may be a bug.

I believe you press "Y" or "Triange" on your chosen division to customize uniforms.
Yeah I looked through all of them and only had the default option for them all. Also is there a list of everything you get from the supply boxes anywhere.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know what the reward is for completing 6 orders within 24 hours? I did it but I didn't seem to get anything for it.

I've done the same and didn't notice anything new.

Just hit level 54 and the last perk you unlock is essentially Ghost:

Flanker:
While moving quickly, hidden from enemy recon aircraft. Also, you can delay the detonation of enemy lines.

So there are 2 choices for staying off the radar: Flanker (which activates only when you are moving) or level 2 of the Mountain division (which is always active).

Yeah I looked through all of them and only had the default option for them all. Also is there a list of everything you get from the supply boxes anywhere.

Do you mean if there's a menu or something that shows what you have unlocked? Yes and no.

If you go to the Quartermaster, and view Collections, you can see some of the things you've unlocked but I don't think it'll show everything (like some epic or heroic items, for example).

If you want to view the pistol grip skins you unlocked, when you're on the modify character screen, highlight your pistol and press Triangle. Apparently there are 78 of them, which blows my mind. Why can't every other weapon have that many camos?

Last edited:

Geeked

Oct 26, 2017
What's the best tactical grenade? Trying to do an order for 5 kills on enemies affected by tacticals and its difficult, the concussion seems to wear out almost instantly.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best tactical grenade? Trying to do an order for 5 kills on enemies affected by tacticals and its difficult, the concussion seems to wear out almost instantly.

I think it's bugged or maybe it doesn't count if they're thrown by yourself? I've been trying with the concussion and gas, definitely killed at least five but my progress is stuck at one.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finished the story campaign. Enjoyed it. Now onto the Zombies campaign. Anyone know how many chapter/missions are in the Zombie campaign? Thanks.

Oct 27, 2017
I never understand why they keep adding in an attachment for "increased head shot damage" lately. If you get a headshot, it should be a fucking kill. FMJ was put in for bullet penetration/dmg against killstreaks.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Managed to get up to round 15 on zombies, right about to finish setting up the pack-a-punch and a host migration comes and ends the game. Lost all of my rank progress too.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's bugged or maybe it doesn't count if they're thrown by yourself? I've been trying with the concussion and gas, definitely killed at least five but my progress is stuck at one.

Was reading through Reddit a few moments ago and someone asked that same question. A few people said the description might be incorrect and that it may mean "kill 5 enemies while YOU are affected by a tactical."

See if that might work.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Boy, playing local games with bots can be really carthatic if you've been on a losing streak with multiplayer proper. Just set the bots on the enemy team to Recruit and the bots on your team to Veteran and just mop the floor with them XD

It's also a nice way to familiarize yourself with the maps and play around with literally every weapon unlocked, so I you can see in advance what's worth unlocking.

Azerach

Oct 29, 2017
Finished the campaign and zombie main story today.

Really enjoyed both. Campaign wasn't anything groundbreaking but it definitely hit the right notes in the span of the 6-7 hour campaign. Like a shooter campaign from early 2000s.

Zombies main story was well directed in the sense that I never felt like I should go online to watch a walkthrough on how to progress. Just enough hints on what to look out for.

Wave 26 and 1h30min to get through zombies.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the deal with the first page and lack of info (I've seen the message from Egg but that was 4 days ago)? It's been days now, someone else could have done it in that time.

thebigcountry

Oct 28, 2017
How long should I wait before buying this game? Sledgehammer seems to have bungled the launch harder than MW2, or Infinite Warfare.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
Was reading through Reddit a few moments ago and someone asked that same question. A few people said the description might be incorrect and that it may mean "kill 5 enemies while YOU are affected by a tactical."

See if that might work.

Yeah that could be it, to be honest I've rarely seen anyone use a tactical, so I wouldn't be surprised if I had only killed one enemy whilst being affected.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Matchmaking in this game is incredibly infuriating. So many times I've joined a 12 person lobby and it just sits there after the countdown. This game is freaking unplayable.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Zombies has never been this fun, mostly because it's so much easier to stay alive longer. The map is great and plenty of room to run around. It just works.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
Day three of watching a lobby screen over with.

There could have been a weekend of raving about the multiplayer being a return to form. Instead there's raging about how it's the most broken COD ever.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really surprised this game is tuned for lean, not that much call for it but it has helped a few times.

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
For those that are curious as to what happens when you prestige:

- You get a permanent unlock token
- All Division levels, weapon levels, challenge progress and customization will remain.
- You get access to prestige challenges and rewards.
- A new custom class slot

They don't mention anything about this but you also get a helmet that has the prestige 1 icon on it.

Prestiging also gives you points towards your Social Rank.

Speaking of Social Rank, I'm currently level 5. They just gave me 1000 credits for leveling from 4 > 5 and the next unlock is a weapon variant for the M1928.

Lol, and I just noticed when you're in the HQ, the prestige 1 icon is floating above your head...but after quitting and coming back it's not there anymore.

Last edited:

dark_prinny

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Even with the online problems an overall much fun weekend with this game.

Geeked

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder if its by design that reticle challenges are weapon specific. Seems a bit unnecessary, there's plenty of shit to grind out in these games even without padding like that.

Toa TAK

Oct 25, 2017
Beat the campaign. It's decent, but it's cheesy-ass narrative doesn't do it favors.

Nazi Zombies on the other hand is tons of fun. The Easter egg is played as a straight up objective to do while playing wave by wave, but as always you can ignore it and run and gun.

Not that it'll stop people from complaining that it's complicated or such lol.

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Got it on Redbox. I'll give it a few days to play the campaign and some multiplayer. Don't expect much.

Deleted member 1074

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn all these server issues sounds bad. I cant even download the game cause im near data cap limit till saturday.

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Never pretiged in a COD before. Doesn't look like I will in this one either.

Me neither, but I'd like to finally with this one. I just don't tend to play a lot of multiplayer and prefer single player games.

I probably could've prestiged Call of Duty: MW2, if it weren't for the fact that most of my time spent with it was at a friend's. We'd play it there a few nights a week at most, sometimes one or two, while drinking.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man, ever since I started using the M1 I've been doing much better in TDM. The fact that it appears to be a two-shot kill anywhere on the body really helps.

War mode is still the hot shit though - now I just want more maps.

Tesser

Writer/Critic at Hardcore Gamer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
OK, so I've managed to mitigate some of the TTGK frustration by - as much as this might frustrate others - going full berserker mode and equipping the PPSh (Rapid Fire & Steady Aim attached) in Airborne with the perk that allows you to fire from the hip while sprinting. A madman I might be and while I do still get instances of firing a near-whole magazine into an opponent and still getting killed myself, K:D has significantly improved to the point I've managed around 2.5 ratio and around 40-50 kills on Domination. Also tried out the BAR since I've seen others comment on how powerful it is and...yep, no contest. The small magazine size does little to mitigate it.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just got the game. First impressions:

I approach COD as I would the newest Marvel movie. It has the potential to be amazing fun, but it rarely leaves a long-lasting impression and I've come to terms with the fact that there will never be a new MW1-2 and that this games are not aiming for GOTY awards.
It's a COD game. But it's an "old-school" COD game. After being burned out on the series with all the jetpack stuff and after 3 years without buying it at launch, this is exactly what I wanted.
First mission of the campaign is not as bad as people say. I like everything about the direction they took, the visuals are gorgeous and fit the theme and era nicely. Soundtrack is good (specially the main menu track). Explosions are not so hot, but the flamethrower is beautiful. I like the chatting between the characters. The healing through medkits is great and really adds some welcoming tension. Overall it's a fun mission and can't wait to play more. I'm fine with this being a "best of" compilation from past movies, games and tv shows about the war.
The blast from the past can really be felt on the multiplayer. I got into my first match and managed to play well! This never happened with the latest COD's. The visuals in mp are great! Now, when it comes to gameplay, as much of a marketing bullet point it is, boots on the ground is great and I missed it. Sledgehammer did one hell of a job with the guns and everything concerning gunplay. They really pack a punch. This has always been the best thing about COD and what makes it above BF in my opinion.
Feels great to move knowing that no one will come at you from the air. It goes back to basics and delivers nothing more, but that is enough. Only played 4 games, don't know the maps well enough to comment, but they looked the part. Didn't have any problems connecting, HQ was solo.

Overall, and this is still very very early impressions (but the same amount of time that made me want to not play IW), this is good old COD and just what I wanted it to be. Consider it a remaster of WW2 games. It's great fun!