• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason I'm not feeling this game. I enjoy the time period and was pumped when they announced it but playing MP in this game is like blah. The maps suck and it just feels like something I've played already. I'm not sure if I'll be able to fit this in the rotation with GTS, Destiny 2 and Battlefront coming up. Like there's just nothing about this game that wows me and leaves me coming back for more.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a lover of the IW campaign and think it's up there with the best of the CoD ones, WW2 so far is totally uninspired.

One of my main criticisms is your partner AI - I'm currently doing it on veteran and while every enemy is a super solider which is fine, your teammates are a bunch of baboons who can't hit shit. They literally do nothing apart from throw you stuff when ask, and to further that point, you can't be far away from the person who you want health/ammo/whatever, so you generally always have to leave cover to get closer to be able to ask for it.

For example, at the end of chapter 3 you are defending outside a church, and Pierson shouts out (to no one in particular)

"GET ON THAT FLAMETHROWER AND THEM AWAY"

Stiles then says straight away in response

"Okay sir!"

What does he do? NOTHING. He hugs against the wall letting enemies literally run past him to shoot at you.

It's totally ridiculous and so by the numbers so far.

Zombies and MP are top notch though.

This really annoyed me!

There were times my "team" were right next to a soldier who was shooting but they did absolutely nothing and I ended up dying while I reload after shooting 4 enemies.

Darkwing-Buck

Oct 25, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I'm really liking the campaign, it's cool to see a big budget WW2 shooter with modern graphics.

I know that the campaign is, "been there done that", but Im having fun with this one so far.

Last edited:

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
So I beat it on Veteran. That was... something? Same exact story every other European focused WW2 movie/show/game has told I guess. Safe.

I just can't believe a billion dollar franchise is still using a sound library seemingly from the PS2 days. And don't get me started again on the visual effects. They're so bad that even on Pro you can literally see them pixelate because they are so low res.

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado
Man, this CoD has the most atrociously stupid story ever , and so many things going against it in terms of petty bullshit, but the gunplay is, man it's pretty top notch.

This is basically the antithesis of Wolfenstein II, where everything about that game was top notch, except for some questionable control choices. This game (campaign, anyway) is pure trash in every respect except where it counts - shooting Nazis.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man, this CoD has the most atrociously stupid story ever , and so many things going against it in terms of petty bullshit, but the gunplay is, man it's pretty top notch.

This is basically the antithesis of Wolfenstein II, where everything about that game was top notch, except for some questionable control choices. This game (campaign, anyway) is pure trash in every respect except where it counts - shooting Nazis.

I feel that that's always a big aspect about COD that some people seem to miss. Even though everything can and will suck at times (campaign, maps, visuals), the FPS gameplay is simply top-tier.

So...we're not getting a proper OT are we? Come on ERA :(

Also, is it possible to beat Zombies mode on your own?

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There should not be someone who is level 55 going 40 and 5 in a match with everyone else under level 20.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I've still not won a match yet.
I'm getting top on my team in pretty much all of them, then there's a guy who is going 0 kills with 17 deaths.

CarterTax

Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoying the multiplayer. We haven't had a boots on ground game since Ghosts and it's nice to go back to what mad CoD popular. Less flying and sliding and crazy killstreaks has really returned me to being able to enjoy the game quite a bit.

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Call of Duty: WWII seems to be selling quite decently on Steam. Currently the #1 seller, and has already outsold Wolfenstein II despite Wolfenstein II having a 10 day's head start, and its combined (Campaign + MP) 24 hour player peak was 68,272 players.

The games industry is certainly in a curious place. Having popular multiplayer is really, really important.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is on track to being the best selling CoD game of all time. Pretty impressive for such an old series

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game seems a lot better for me since the update this morning on PS4 Pro, lobbies seem to be working now.

Hubs still empty, but the end of matches now load quicker

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I still find CoD2 to be the best one in the series so I was excited about this game. Played two matches of the beta and I couldn't believe how bored I already was of the game. I'm glad that I didn't enjoy it because this loot system for a $60 game would constantly be annoying for me, even if I did enjoy the gameplay.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Really enjoying the multiplayer. We haven't had a boots on ground game since Ghosts and it's nice to go back to what mad CoD popular. Less flying and sliding and crazy killstreaks has really returned me to being able to enjoy the game quite a bit.
I always found the hate for EXO suits funny. Because people bitched about COD being the same for eons(Which it hasn't)And when they did something crazy different, they cried. I loved AW because it brought defense into the whole game. You can melt someone with a weapon like the MP11 vs the top tier gun at the time of launch, the BAL OBSIDIAN. Because of the movement. I loved the fact when seeing someone hard scoped I side step and melt them. Or when I am getting shot, dash back into cover. Love the meta, and AW will always be my favorite COD. And when BLOPS3 came out the very few of the community screamed "I had enough!" When it was only two titles at the time with boost jumping. Whatever COD people were cheap in, its their favorite. And thats the pattern I noticed. Because when MWR came out everyone was hyped and all, and when they got their hands on it, they were like "Nah, I'm going back to BLOPS3. This game is not as good as I remember" You know why? Because no Youtube back then like that. Not everyone knew the tech day one. In this era, people will break games ASAP and those MW titles are dated as fuck. Look at all the top Youtubers that bailed on it ASAP. Same with IW. The only one that stuck with it like that was Xclusive Ace. The ones that hated the movement in AW and BLOPS3 never really gave it chance IMO.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Got to Level 42 last night, gonna try and smash Prestige tonight or get very close, especially now matchmaking seems to be working smoother again.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say so far I'm not enjoying the train or the ship map whatsoever

They are too forward facing, everyone just sits back on one side or the other with range, and anyone playing aggressively just gets picked off

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is on track to being the best selling CoD game of all time. Pretty impressive for such an old series

Huh? Unless I'm mistaken, there's no data to back this up. No press release has went out as far as I know, and Acti sends them out ASAP. I remember getting one on a weekend for BO2 due to how much it sold.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I've spent more time trying to get in a game than I have playing.

Finally managed to get one started. Got to within seconds of a win. Game crashes. PSN is down for maintainance.

Unreal.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else feel like this game feel less like World War II than WaW did?

Idk. Just something about it.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
im pleasantly surprised that the loot system is almost irrelevant in this...
i know its heavily promoted but the stuff in the boxes is such crap, its all so boring, that its impossible to care. like black ops 3 had really desirable stuff, rocket league too, this is just pointless animated badges and slightly different army uniforms.

also the presentation of bo3 (underground dealings, cryptokeys, blackjack, the crate opening animations) were so much more desirable than receiving some trenches pay packet in the mail.

tldr treyarch just did the presentation better, these boxes are utterly undesirable, and thats great.

Oct 27, 2017
I think I'll be trying to get my money back.

I've managed to play about 6 matches online, other than that I've been stuck with loading screens, disconnects, shitty ping and games taking for ever to start. I don't know how SHG and Activision can't handle a launch, this is like the 900th CoD game they've released haha.

v_iHuGi

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone with problems on the servers? This game is so amazing but has the worse servers on the franchise.

Thank you for this. Now I definitely won't buy this.

Then don't buy, why even bother coming here if you have no interest? it's a great game easily a 9.5/10, easily the best Cod since Black Ops

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How the fuck is their still server problems? LMAO.

First Call of Duty in fucking years (besides MWR) and this is a mess.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with problems on the servers? This game is so amazing but has the worse servers on the franchise.

Then don't buy, why even bother coming here if you have no interest? it's a great game easily a 9.5/10, easily the best Cod since Black Ops

PS4 is down. You might be put in a queue, but it'll get disconnected again or something.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Then don't buy, why even bother coming here if you have no interest? it's a great game easily a 9.5/10, easily the best Cod since Black Ops.

The defiant stance of the attention seeker who thinks activision need his patronage. Apart from the server issues (due to it being so popular), this years is really good. Oh apart from the silly headshot noise.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a couple of that Mack's reviews before, I know he's well into RO/Squad/Insurgency etc. So it's no surprise at all that he doesn't enjoy COD.

I'm playing the multiplayer on PC and it's actually very fun. The Flaktower map on Domination is probably my favorite so far.

Oct 28, 2017
Best review for the game by far.

Lol, bullet dodged me thinks. 9 years after WaW and the lack of development in CoD is kind of shocking tbh, it's a shame they didn't remaster that game but then again it would make this new one look like utter shit in comparison. Will wait for the next Treyarch CoD they still know how to make a half decent game. Shame Sledgehammer were tasked with WW2 :/

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been able to play fine from 4 am to 7 am Eastern, but outside of that it's spotty.

Only reason why I can think of these server issues is that there are a ton of more players than they expected or Activision didn't have faith in the game and didn't provide enough funds for adequate servers.

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Do you get anything for finishing the campaign on higher levels or just trophies? And is there a way to use emblem editor without being online because I can't connect today.

Deleted member 1777

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, bullet dodged me thinks. 9 years after WaW and the lack of development in CoD is kind of shocking tbh, it's a shame they didn't remaster that game but then again it would make this new one look like utter shit in comparison. Will wait for the next Treyarch CoD they still know how to make a half decent game. Shame Sledgehammer were tasked with WW2 :/

After Black Ops 3s campaign.............