• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's a gigantic difference between saying "Good things came out of Germany" and "Good things came out of Nazi Germany." If they're saying the former, that shouldn't really be problematic, unless they're delivering that sentiment in a totally weird way.

Exactly. The nazis siezed power. That's why they were a fascist dictatorship. Dissent was not allowed. Much of the German people were held hostage by them.

Taking this stance that Germany=Nazis is no wiser than the people who take the stance that isis=Muslim.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a mess for me, menus freezing constantly, cant back out of lobbies, now sat looking at a hard lock for trying to return to the main menu. Games fun, but it's fucked.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
It is actually flawless on Xbox One right now. Everything is flowing like it should and it is playing great. As long as it stays like this, then I am more than pleased.

On a side note, London Docks is a great map.

Rixan

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was pretty outstanding at blops 3, im barely able to stay over 2.0 in this

Need to learn the maps, guns, and find a sweet spot loadout ASAP

Think I need to slow things down some

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who was pretty outstanding at blops 3, im barely able to stay over 2.0 in this

The only way I stand a chance is with the M1 Garand right now. If you can get the drop on someone and fire off 2-3 quick rounds it works great.

moerser

Oct 29, 2017
maybe someone can help me. i have this weird issue, i can perfectly invite and be invited by a friend. We can queue up tofether, but as soon as the round starts, the invited persons game crashes. completely, to desktop...
anybody experiencing the same?
pc of course.

ironcreed

Oct 27, 2017
I take that back, I am still alone in HQ and just got booted in the middle of a match with horrible lag. So, we are not out of the woods yet.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confused, Germany as a culture and as a nation has no good qualities because of world war 2? Nazi controlled Germany does not define German culture in total which goes back thousands of years and will be around thousands of years after Hitler's shit stain has been left on it's history.

Why not get upset when positives are said about the Nazi allied countries of Japan, Italy, and the Soviet Union?

Making a joke about Germany having culture other than Nazi's does not equate to this game taking "both sides".

There's a gigantic difference between saying "Good things came out of Germany" and "Good things came out of Nazi Germany." If they're saying the former, that shouldn't really be problematic, unless they're delivering that sentiment in a totally weird way.

I'm not trying to equate German culture history to Nazi-controlled Germany. The scene just left a weird impression as it happens very early in the game, after going through the D-Day introduction. So you're just getting acclimated to the game, the characters, etc. and you hear "They're not all bad," which immediately raises an eyebrow in the context of the modern world. The conversation then goes on to highlight some of the good things that have come out of Germany, which like I said in the original post, would have probably been a nice scene in a different environment. I don't think it was done in malice, or that the developers were directly trying to convey "both sides," but where it's placed in the game, it landed a little awkwardly. It's weird to jump from D-Day to praising the accomplishments of the German people.

Peanut

Oct 27, 2017
Rhode Island
That's pretty much the issue I have with cod. I'm still trying tho... Had a few good matches but then couldn't load it back up. It's definitely it's own thing, I'm used to a little longer ttk and it's sort of why I get a little bugged because you just die so so quick in this. I mean damn if someone clips an eyelash your dead

Although the irony in that is sometimes I feel I gotta lay into a guy to bring him down, it's just odd

Yeah man, this is exactly how I feel. Maybe it's just that I've kind of converted to a Battlefield guy but I didn't think I'd ever be this bad at a CoD when I went back. Oh well, I'll give it a couple weeks and see where I'm at. If I still suck I'll just jump back to Overwatch and BF.

disChapo

Oct 25, 2017
Multiplayer is more or less completely broken at the moment, from not being able to connect most of the time to not being able to change stuff to lag to disconnects after a game to a million other things. So really hard to say too much until they fix a pretty important part of the game.

You can sort of play right now if you get lucky and into a lobby but you basically can't leave that lobby after that, your chance of actually getting into a working lobby is really tiny. I've been trying off and on all morning and only got into 1 working lobby, played 1 game, and then the game crashed when it finished.

Decided to get it since I got the 20% off PSN email and my friends seem to be enjoying it. Hope it gets fixed.

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
Yeah man, this is exactly how I feel. Maybe it's just that I've kind of converted to a Battlefield guy but I didn't think I'd ever be this bad at a CoD when I went back. Oh well, I'll give it a couple weeks and see where I'm at. If I still suck I'll just jump back to Overwatch and BF.

Bro what is it about this game? The thing is I don't want to be like just a shitter of all things cod, there's stuff I like but I just find it to be like wow what a difference. I'm gettin more positive matches now but it's like.. I see guys warping around, I see guys stuttering around,... I have constant green bars in all games so I know it's not me.

But I mean it just feels so low quality. I guess it's the cod way tho. I'm so used to bf being so solid, smooth, very high quality shooter...this feels floaty and weird animations, it's just baffling a bit how it's accepted this day and age really.

But anyways my main question was, when is a good time to prestige guns?

MannyTV_

Oct 27, 2017
I was one of the 10 people that got on PC and I must say I am enjoying it. Best COD since blops2 imo

Mass One

Oct 28, 2017

Same. I think I'm above average at COD and my kdr generally around 2.4 to 3 even in ghosts.

The lack of infinite Sprint and ghost perks are really messing with me hard. I'm playing this more like Modern Warfare 1 by which I mean slow.

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not trying to equate German culture history to Nazi-controlled Germany. The scene just left a weird impression as it happens very early in the game, after going through the D-Day introduction. So you're just getting acclimated to the game, the characters, etc. and you hear "They're not all bad," which immediately raises an eyebrow in the context of the modern world. The conversation then goes on to highlight some of the good things that have come out of Germany, which like I said in the original post, would have probably been a nice scene in a different environment. I don't think it was done in malice, or that the developers were directly trying to convey "both sides," but where it's placed in the game, it landed a little awkwardly. It's weird to jump from D-Day to praising the accomplishments of the German people.
I mean, I get that in the context of today's world it probably came across as very touchy, but at the same time, I don't think it's wrong to say. There were not "good Nazis," but there were some good Germans living under Nazi rule.

If you want to be part of the "good guys," you can't completely dehumanize an entire populace, even when many of them (perhaps even most of them) are complicit in atrocious, evil undertakings. When you do that, you end up feeling justified in dropping nuclear bombs to kill 100,000 civilians, or sending thousands of young POWs to face death cleaning up mines by hand. Both of which are evil things that happened at the order of Allied forces during the course of the war and afterwards.

Maybe the game could have elaborated and done it more eloquently, but it's not a bad thing to be reminded that there were some people in German who bravely set down their lives trying to oppose the government and save others from death camps. It's not a bad thing to remember that groups which have become fictionally prominent in media like Wolfenstein such as the Kreisau Circle or the White Rose really did exist.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I haven't received my division pack rewards from the Pro edition. Anyone else in the same boat?

Peer2peer servers are frustrating too, how is this not 100% dedicated in 2017.

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Best campaign since BLOPS1. Really enjoying it, there is however one really really badly placed checkpoint in a level where if you don't move you will be killed instantly (playing on Veteran could be the reason though not 100% sure on that though).

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a disconnection from host while doing over an hour zombie campaign and around wave 28 :( looks lik I lost all my experience

Edit* lost my stats too. Still says highest wave 16. :(

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They really need to sort out this post game shit where everything freezes up and you can't even leave. It's so borked.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
So I gave an emblem a go.

ERA.png

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I get that in the context of today's world it probably came across as very touchy, but at the same time, I don't think it's wrong to say. There were not "good Nazis," but there were some good Germans living under Nazi rule.

If you want to be part of the "good guys," you can't completely dehumanize an entire populace, even when many of them (perhaps even most of them) are complicit in atrocious, evil undertakings. When you do that, you end up feeling justified in dropping nuclear bombs to kill 100,000 civilians, or sending thousands of young POWs to face death cleaning up mines by hand. Both of which are evil things that happened at the order of Allied forces during the course of the war and afterwards.

Maybe the game could have elaborated and done it more eloquently, but it's not a bad thing to be reminded that there were some people in German who bravely set down their lives trying to oppose the government and save others from death camps. It's not a bad thing to remember that groups which have become fictionally prominent in media like Wolfenstein such as the Kreisau Circle or the White Rose really did exist.

For sure! My first post may have come across differently than I intended, as I didn't mean for it to sound like nothing good ever came out of Germany, or that it shouldn't be said, but rather a criticism of choosing to place that scene/dialogue where it's at in the game. There's even character reasons that I could see it fitting in a little later in the campaign once you know the characters better and know what kind of story they're trying to tell.

Best campaign since BLOPS1. Really enjoying it, there is however one really really badly placed checkpoint in a level where if you don't move you will be killed instantly (playing on Veteran could be the reason though not 100% sure on that though).

Was it in the mission "Collateral Damage?" If so, I was playing on Normal and ended in up a similar situation.

UncleSmoothie

Oct 29, 2017
I'm done with this whole game for a while. I had a good stretch earlier where I played for about an hour with no problems aside from the empty HQs and the interminable load times, but now it's back to refusing to connect at all from the main menu.

I don't have a lot of free time to play games and it's frustrating to pay AAA money to have this sort of experience. Even when it's working, you spend 2-3 minutes staring at non-interactive loading screens on either side of a 6-minute Kill Confirmed match. I'm salty.

Peanut

Oct 27, 2017
Rhode Island
Bro what is it about this game? The thing is I don't want to be like just a shitter of all things cod, there's stuff I like but I just find it to be like wow what a difference. I'm gettin more positive matches now but it's like.. I see guys warping around, I see guys stuttering around,... I have constant green bars in all games so I know it's not me.

But I mean it just feels so low quality. I guess it's the cod way tho. I'm so used to bf being so solid, smooth, very high quality shooter...this feels floaty and weird animations, it's just baffling a bit how it's accepted this day and age really.

But anyways my main question was, when is a good time to prestige guns?

Idk man! Don't get me wrong either, I used to love CoD. Probably had 1500+ hours in CoD2, but this is a very different CoD than the last time they did WW2. I feel the same way about everyone saying it's so good, best CoD in a while. To each their own I suppose.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't picked up my preorder and probably won't unless they fix these server issues. Very disappointed to hear this. Sledgehammer won me over with AW, but this is so sad to see.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wasted my xp token at the first day of game release, cant play the damm multiplayer at this day.

Also how do you use the AA launcher its so hard to shoot at the UAVs

ApexNorth

Oct 27, 2017
Was it in the mission "Collateral Damage?" If so, I was playing on Normal and ended in up a similar situation.

The mission was called "Hill 493".

Just after you destroy the last gun with Thermite you get a checkpoint just as the tank you have to destroy using Thermite shows up. The machine gun on the tank killed me every time the checkpoint loaded I had to mash sprint to avoid it!

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's amazing how poorly they are handling this launch weekend. Even destiny 2 had almost no issues and that was a much bigger launch.

Ellite25

Oct 30, 2017
Man this is the most fun I've had with CoD MP in awhile. Love that they simplified it again, getting away from all the double jumping and wall running nonsense.