• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
The images in the OT should just be broken links

tenor.gif

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh
I played every CoD MP up until MW3 and maybe it's just because it's been a while since I've played but it seems like you die far to quickly in general. Whoever shoots first seems to get the kill. And I can't believe they haven't fixed the quick scoping after what 10+ iterations now.

That's pretty much the issue I have with cod. I'm still trying tho... Had a few good matches but then couldn't load it back up. It's definitely it's own thing, I'm used to a little longer ttk and it's sort of why I get a little bugged because you just die so so quick in this. I mean damn if someone clips an eyelash your dead

Although the irony in that is sometimes I feel I gotta lay into a guy to bring him down, it's just odd

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
Apologies as I know this must have been asked, but I want to avoid spoilers.

Does the health really not regenerate any more? Just started a Veteran run, game looks amazing but the lack of regen makes me doubt the viability of Veteran.

visvim

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it appears the servers are under DdoS attack. Sigh.

I'm so glad they actually had the BETA and acted upon it. So much of the issues I had were fixed. Loving the MP so far, especially Zombies.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017

Does the health really not regenerate any more? Just started a Veteran run, game looks amazing but the lack of regen makes me doubt the viability of Veteran.

It doesn't regenerate, you have access to health packs in game to heal

I wish the game worked online I'm enjoying it but it takes forever to find a game and have one work correctly at all

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017

It does not.

I haven't played on Vet but right on the D-pad on PS4 is to heal...There is also a medic in your squad who you can get health packs from.

Again, not played on Veteran so that could be completely disabled but I doubt it, that would be pretty difficult.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

It does not regenerate at all. Veteran is possible - I'm pretty far in without too much trouble. It's hard, you die quickly, but healing is plentiful enough. Not mid-combat, but after most firefights you can sweep the area and find enough medkits. You can carry 4 of them, which is about 2 full health bars back. Plus a guy in your squad hands you a medkit on a ~1 minute cooldown. A lot of deaths on Veteran tend to be all-or-nothing, so it's not like you get really injured THAT often.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
It does not.

I haven't played on Vet but right on the D-pad on PS4 is to heal...There is also a medic in your squad who you can get health packs from.

Again, not played on Veteran so that could be completely disabled but I doubt it, that would be pretty difficult.

It doesn't regenerate, you have access to health packs in game to heal

I wish the game worked online I'm enjoying it but it takes forever to find a game and have one work correctly at all

Cool thanks. Massive change to mechanic. Makes it feel more tense. I guess if the squad mates have infinite supply of health packs this is doable.

Chittagong

Oct 26, 2017
London, UK
It does not regenerate at all. Veteran is possible - I'm pretty far in without too much trouble. It's hard, you die quickly, but healing is plentiful enough. Not mid-combat, but after most firefights you can sweep the area and find enough medkits. You can carry 4 of them, which is about 2 full health bars back. Plus a guy in your squad hands you a medkit on a ~1 minute cooldown. A lot of deaths on Veteran tend to be all-or-nothing, so it's not like you get really injured THAT often.

Ok, this is encouraging. The only CoD I couldn't Veteran was CoD3.

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Cool thanks. Massive change to mechanic. Makes it feel more tense. I guess if the squad mates have infinite supply of health packs this is doable.

It's not infinite. They give you one pack per set amount of time, it has to recharge before you can ask again. But sometimes enemies drop them or you'll find them laying around.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
it appears the servers are under DdoS attack. Sigh.

I'm so glad they actually had the BETA and acted upon it. So much of the issues I had were fixed. Loving the MP so far, especially Zombies.
Where did you get the Ddos info from? I would like that to be the case, would at least give them a genuine excuse.

I'm having some weird bugs on the PS4 Pro,

loud fans in some menus,

long wait times after a online match,

lobbies not starting,

sometimes the loading screens just go on forever,

hubs only have had people in it twice for me so far,

getting stuck on match stats after a match and the count down going down with no options of getting back in the hub or configuring my load outs.

Games fun though when it's working fine, and I know they will have these bugs sorted ASAP, not sure I expected this list though to be honest.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The writing quality is surprisingly really competent. All the characters establish themselves really quickly and I like how the main antagonist is actually
your squad leader, who totally doesn't have your back and may or may not get you all killed
. This campaign is fucking great!

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Liberation" is such a breath of fresh air. It's this games equivalent to Dishonoured's
"Lady Boyle's Last Party."

I could honestly go for a full game like that, playing as the
French Resistance

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I played every CoD MP up until MW3 and maybe it's just because it's been a while since I've played but it seems like you die far to quickly in general. Whoever shoots first seems to get the kill. And I can't believe they haven't fixed the quick scoping after what 10+ iterations now.

The TTK seems to be a bit longer in this, I think. Quickscoping is definitely back in full force. Hard to complain about it since a lot of YTers do it so SGH might be pandering to them?

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Just had a game of zombie where no one spent points or did the objectives but me. They just all stood in the village. Lol

ComputerBlue

Oct 25, 2017
Now it's showing me a queue to get online, only to eventually get past the queue and into another infinite loading screen...ffs.

Alright, enough for now. Will just have to try later I guess.

Anubis

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So looks like if you got this game via game share (psn), only the person who bought it originally gets the unlock token, xp etc.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
redirect.php

$39.88 at Brandsmart tomorrow. Chat live with BB rep to pricematch at a BB near a Brandsmart location. Then change your pickup location to a BB near your area.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
Really wish I were digging the campaign more than I am. I don't mind the health kit component too much, although it feels more difficult than most recent Call of Duty games. In the past, I would go through the campaign on Hardened or Veteran, but in this one, I'm actually dying a fair amount of times even on Normal.

More so, the story just hasn't been gripping me, and I had a couple of really frustrating moments in the last mission I played.
I ended up getting a really shitty checkpoint when you head outside to help jumpstart the truck, where I was just basically getting blasted by a one-hit kill. It probably took a dozen tries to move just in time to avoid it. Also, the forced stealth section felt like a game made 10 years ago. I didn't mind it in the previous missions, as if you broke stealth, it just became a harder fight, but not an immediate fail state. Yes, the section I'm complaining about isn't too long, and there are some obvious paths, but it just isn't my favorite style of gameplay.

I do like the support options of your squad. There's something rewarding about filling those little meters and getting a health kit or ammo. The Liberation mission is the highlight for me so far.

Otherwise, there's a lot of WWII movie and media character tropes. I don't mind the surrounding characters, but the main character is such a boring, generic individual (which I guess isn't too outside of the norm for Call of Duty). The patriotism tones that you find in WWII movies are mirrored here as well, but it feels a little tone-deaf right now in the US given how divided the country is. While I think we can still pay tribute and honor sacrifices that were made back then, it's hard to get those patriotic vibes the game is desperately trying to send out in our current climate. Also, that opening to the second or third mission also came across very poorly when they're talking about all the good things to come out of Germany. Once again, it would actually be a nice little scene in a different environment, but given recent events, it's starts sounding like sympathy for the other side and "both sides." I actually feel bad for the developers, as I know these games take a while to write and develop, so a lot of this was most likely locked in place before things like Charlottesville, so a lot of this criticism is more about bad timing. Think I'll stick with it and see it to the end, but so far, this campaign is falling on the lower end of the scale for me.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Campaign was solid enough. Very replayable. I'd put it in the low to mid 70's.

Worse than AW and IW. Better than Ghosts and way better than BO3. Sniping was very cool. Stealth sucked.

Sound effects were good, but not great. It has the same sound design as AW. Sounds like shit on crap equipment, sounds fairly good on good equipment. At least it wasn't the pew pew lasers of IW.

I loved hearing Russell Richardson later in the game (Cormack from AW). Pierson was a completely unlikable piece of shit. Even Rourke from Ghosts was more likeable than him. The rest of the cast, eh. The story wasn't bad.

Game looks good. Runs well on my PC. Ran into a few minor glitches, nothing major.

My recommendation for a single player shooter this fall is still Titanfall 2 if you haven't played it. Otherwise Wolfenstein 2. COD WWII is worth playing, but the campaign isn't on the same level as AW, IW, MW or BO.

edit Oh. The vehicle sections. Two of them were just awful when trying to use a keyboard and mouse. On both occasions I had to switch to a controller to get through. So KB/M users beware of that.

Last edited:

Virtua

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Really wish I were digging the campaign more than I am. I don't mind the health kit component too much, although it feels more difficult than most recent Call of Duty games. In the past, I would go through the campaign on Hardened or Veteran, but in this one, I'm actually dying a fair amount of times even on Normal.

More so, the story just hasn't been gripping me, and I had a couple of really frustrating moments in the last mission I played.
I ended up getting a really shitty checkpoint when you head outside to help jumpstart the truck, where I was just basically getting blasted by a one-hit kill. It probably took a dozen tries to move just in time to avoid it. Also, the forced stealth section felt like a game made 10 years ago. I didn't mind it in the previous missions, as if you broke stealth, it just became a harder fight, but not an immediate fail state. Yes, the section I'm complaining about isn't too long, and there are some obvious paths, but it just isn't my favorite style of gameplay.

I do like the support options of your squad. There's something rewarding about filling those little meters and getting a health kit or ammo. The Liberation mission is the highlight for me so far.

Otherwise, there's a lot of WWII movie and media character tropes. I don't mind the surrounding characters, but the main character is such a boring, generic individual (which I guess isn't too outside of the norm for Call of Duty). The patriotism tones that you find in WWII movies are mirrored here as well, but it feels a little tone-deaf right now in the US given how divided the country is. While I think we can still pay tribute and honor sacrifices that were made back then, it's hard to get those patriotic vibes the game is desperately trying to send out in our current climate. Also, that opening to the second or third mission also came across very poorly when they're talking about all the good things to come out of Germany. Once again, it would actually be a nice little scene in a different environment, but given recent events, it's starts sounding like sympathy for the other side and "both sides." I actually feel bad for the developers, as I know these games take a while to write and develop, so a lot of this was most likely locked in place before things like Charlottesville, so a lot of this criticism is more about bad timing. Think I'll stick with it and see it to the end, but so far, this campaign is falling on the lower end of the scale for me.

I'm confused, Germany as a culture and as a nation has no good qualities because of world war 2? Nazi controlled Germany does not define German culture in total which goes back thousands of years and will be around thousands of years after Hitler's shit stain has been left on it's history.

Why not get upset when positives are said about the Nazi allied countries of Japan, Italy, and the Soviet Union?

Making a joke about Germany having culture other than Nazi's does not equate to this game taking "both sides".

Last edited:

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Also, that opening to the second or third mission also came across very poorly when they're talking about all the good things to come out of Germany. Once again, it would actually be a nice little scene in a different environment, but given recent events, it's starts sounding like sympathy for the other side and "both sides."
There's a gigantic difference between saying "Good things came out of Germany" and "Good things came out of Nazi Germany." If they're saying the former, that shouldn't really be problematic, unless they're delivering that sentiment in a totally weird way.