• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
Nope. I was up 8:00AM my time and it still didn't work.

Easily the worst call of duty launch ever. Activision needs to really step in and step up this franchise or at least Sledgehammer involvement. The biggest franchise in games should not experience these issues .

I had zero issues all morning long until now. Been playing for about 5 hours. I'm in the US.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Um, does the leave lobby button not work? It hasn't been working for me... it's a bit frustrating.

Initial impressions on the MP.

It's eh... it's COD MP with a thick heavy layer of a convoluted mess to replicate the Destiny overworld. It's actively making me not want to play because I have to go through this.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the game has weapon variants. The only one available right now for all the weapons is a 10% XP boost for each kill.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Are servers region locked for this game?

I made a post a few pages back on how it seems to force matchmake you to other players under the same region account (ie: If you have an R1 account (US) but live in Asia, you'll be connected to US players, etc.)...

Is there a multiplayer mode that's head and shoulders above the rest as far as leveling goes or are they all more or less the same?
War mode. Definitely play that for XP.

Mak

Oct 25, 2017
This game sure does make my Slims fans ramp up a bit. Never had an issue with other games. Always damn near silent. Thought it could've been installing some other portion of the game which I tend to notice is when the fans become more apparent, but nope, all installed. Weird... Anyone else?

Cooking

Oct 27, 2017
How is PC multiplayer? I liked the Beta and I'm interested, anything largely different in the final version?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
RpN3mWG.gif
RpN3mWG.gifv

Arsic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game sure does make my Slims fans ramp up a bit. Never had an issue with other games. Always damn near silent. Thought it could've been installing some other portion of the game which I tend to notice is when the fans become more apparent, but nope, all installed. Weird... Anyone else?

Ditto. Jet engine taking off.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

My anniversary console was so loud earlier I had to turn the TV up to be able to hear the cut scenes.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
Is anyone else having an issue on Xbox right now where after a game you get stuck on the scoreboard and then it crashes? Happened to all my friends almost consistently for the past hour.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't got the game, I've just been looking at videos online, and the War Mode Omaha Beach map is a little... uncomfortable, isn't it?

It's weird because most things don't bother me in games. But I don't think I've ever seen the Normandy landings from the other perspective - where your goal is to slaughter people as they come out of landing crafts and into the water. It just seems like a harsh event to pare down into a '50 points for a kill' multiplayer match.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Well that sucks... Purchased a 35 kill contract for 1000+ credits, played a game and got up to 19 kills, and then it crashed. Now when I check it's not counted the kills but has taken the time off, and there's not long enough to complete the contract. Great.

Does anyone know if you can do Zombies in split-screen?

You can, yep.

2-player only though I believe.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Finished the campaign last night, I really enjoyed it.

The ending did feel a bit rushed to me though. I was expecting to have to spend more time finding out where Zussman was, instead it just jumps straight to them finding the camp - I felt like we were missing a level or two.

I agree with the criticisms of the Normandy beach sequence though. The sound design for that level is just disappointing. It should sound like utter-fucking chaos, but it just felt so muted and small-scale. It definitely does not surpass the same sequence in MOH Allied Assault or Frontline in my opinion.

Like, listen to how quiet this is:

And compare that with the sound during beach landing in Frontline:

Last edited:

bluehat9

Oct 25, 2017
Was playing fine this morning, now can't connect. Maybe because I was the only person in my HQ then.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got into multiplayer on PS4 a bit ago but at the end of a match there was no way for me to exit the match. It just sat there making clicking noises and eventually loaded another match with the same players, then did the same thing after that match too.

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't got the game, I've just been looking at videos online, and the War Mode Omaha Beach map is a little... uncomfortable, isn't it?

It's weird because most things don't bother me in games. But I don't think I've ever seen the Normandy landings from the other perspective - where your goal is to slaughter people as they come out of landing crafts and into the water. It just seems like a harsh event to pare down into a '50 points for a kill' multiplayer match.

To be fair, CoD WWII isnt the first one to have done it though.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes have a super hard time figuring out what I'm unlocking from the loot boxes. I feel like I'm missing a lot of the epic gear I unlock. The interface kind of sucks.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
4 missions in, and I'm not enjoying this campaign at all. It feels so generic and simple, I don't know, it feels similar to what Battlefield 1 did with its campaign, which was terrible.

Ditto. Jet engine taking off.
Not a Slim user, but I do have a Pro. Fan behavior on this game is super weird. During the campaign, it ramps up and down every couple of minutes. Is not annoying tho, I can barely hear it but if mute the TV, I can notice it. Then, you go to the mission selection screen and it goes fucking bananas. Once I leave that screen, it goes back to normal. It doesn't go full crazy like Wolfenstein 2, but it behaves strangely.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
How's the game? Thinking about getting it on PS4.

Multiplayer is more or less completely broken at the moment, from not being able to connect most of the time to not being able to change stuff to lag to disconnects after a game to a million other things. So really hard to say too much until they fix a pretty important part of the game.

You can sort of play right now if you get lucky and into a lobby but you basically can't leave that lobby after that, your chance of actually getting into a working lobby is really tiny. I've been trying off and on all morning and only got into 1 working lobby, played 1 game, and then the game crashed when it finished.

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer has gone back to completely broken today...after match I'm stuck at the scoreboard screen...never get back to the lobby and eventually the next match just loads...quitting the next game results in waiting for 5 mins(?) To load the headquarters...

Not a good way to win over the community...

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As a Single player mainly type of guy, would this be worth it? Not at 79.99 (Canadian), but may grab it on a sale for cheaper .

Metfanant

Oct 27, 2017
I could be dumb...but I've gotten 2 epic uniforms in supply drops now that I can't find ANYWHERE in the game...not in collections, not in the customization options of any of the divisions...

Hmm...

Hispanicguy

Oct 25, 2017
There's a daily login bonus that gives you credits. It multiplied by 1.5x I'm assuming for consecutive days.

FamousLastX

Oct 25, 2017
I just realized the OP never got updated in this thread haha. I mean it's pretty perfect as it so might as well just roll with it I suppose!

xinek

Oct 25, 2017
MN, USA
I've been able to play up until now -- the server status page says everything should be working, but the game can never load a lobby. It can connect and get my online profile, but then it's just sitting there loading forever .... gahhh

Peanut

Oct 27, 2017
Rhode Island
I played every CoD MP up until MW3 and maybe it's just because it's been a while since I've played but it seems like you die far to quickly in general. Whoever shoots first seems to get the kill. And I can't believe they haven't fixed the quick scoping after what 10+ iterations now.

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
As a Single player mainly type of guy, would this be worth it? Not at 79.99 (Canadian), but may grab it on a sale for cheaper .

I'm only 6 missions in (around 3-4hrs) but so far it's been one of the more memorable campaigns in a Call of Duty game. Certainly my favourite this gen. I'd say it's worth it for single player but like you say - maybe not at full price. Then again its very good and has high production values so if you plan on replaying it I would say go for it.

Allseeingeye

Banned for having an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm only 6 missions in (around 3-4hrs) but so far it's been one of the more memorable campaigns in a Call of Duty game. Certainly my favourite this gen. I'd say it's worth it for single player but like you say - maybe not at full price. Then again its very good and has high production values so if you plan on replaying it I would say go for it.
Damn i'm tempted...have not played COD in many years and want to go back to a W2 camapign.

Duncan

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't gotten to play all morning. Easily the most borked launch of any COD game that I myself have played, and I generally keep up with these games.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I could be dumb...but I've gotten 2 epic uniforms in supply drops now that I can't find ANYWHERE in the game...not in collections, not in the customization options of any of the divisions...

Hmm...

Press Triangle/Y on the icon for your division in the create a class menu.

Haven't gotten to play all morning. Easily the most borked launch of any COD game that I myself have played, and I generally keep up with these games.

Yep, I've been playing the series for over a decade now and I don't ever remember issues this bad on launch. Has to be headquarters, surely?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yeah, I'm done with this game until the servers are fixed and running somewhat stable. The majority of time I'm spending with this game isn't actually spend playing it, but trying to find a match and being in post-match loading screens which are minutes long.

Angel DvA

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So what do Era think about the campaign, I'm not really interested about the MP after the beta so does it deliver ?