• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheIcedP

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone playing the campaign? If so, how is it? Thanks.

In my personal opinion, it's pretty good. The characters are likable, it's a story that continues through every battle and they cranked up the drama meter and atmosphere greatly. Since Black Ops 1 did I feel this campaign was actually worth playing.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn I fucking love the incendiary shotgun shells. I just wish you didn't have to reload them after every respawn.

Laille

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm calling it a night.

Thought we got past not counting a top 3 in FFA as a win years ago but I guess not.

TheIcedP

Oct 27, 2017
Just witnessed a kid calling me the n-word and calling me a dirty jew for the first time in 2 years.

Ah, it's good to be back.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
its not a garbage port though. its actually a very good one but no one wants to hear that because "durr cod sucks bro". i just posted in the pc performance thread. it runs pretty decently on a 970.
Performance isn't the only metric. It can still have good performance and still be a bad port.

Oct 25, 2017
Finished the campaign. Wish it was less bombastic given it has one of the more realistic and personal stories in the series. Also would have liked to see the squad perks part of a more robust squad management system, maybe in the next one.

Certainly one of the better COD campaigns. Solid $3 red box rental, would give the campaign a 7/10

I don't like the multiplayer at all. Glad I rented it to see if it was up my alley. I personally cannot go back to a multiplayer game that doesn't have high mobility. Halo 5/Titanfall 2/Overwatch/Destiny have absolutely spoiled me.

shanafan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ypsilanti, MI
Two things I love that are in this game that I weren't aware of

• Female skins for multiplayer
  • No more final kill cam. I like the heroic cams instead (similar to Overwatch)

Resident4t.

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Having a lot of fun with this. The movement and aiming feels a lot better than past games. The zombies mode seems better too.

The war mode is the standout for me. Had a good time with it.

Oct 26, 2017
Finished the campaign. Wish it was less bombastic given it has one of the more realistic and personal stories in the series. Also would have liked to see the squad perks part of a more robust squad management system, maybe in the next one.

Certainly one of the better COD campaigns. Solid $3 red box rental, would give the campaign a 7/10

I don't like the multiplayer at all. Glad I rented it to see if it was up my alley. I personally cannot go back to a multiplayer game that doesn't have high mobility. Halo 5/Titanfall 2/Overwatch/Destiny have absolutely spoiled me.

I redboxed it too today . How many chapters is it? Just met with French resistance

Linkin112

Oct 25, 2017
Vernon Hills, IL
If people are still having problems getting online, I read that playing a bot match through local play to completion and then trying to access online works. I tried it and got in, so not sure if it was a coincidence or not.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
So from what I've played of the MP some problems from the beta still exist.

1. SMGs on Console are still far more dominant than any gun. You can practically skate around with them because your moment speed when aiming down sights barely slows down and the lack of any real recoil makes them good at any range.
2. The Lewis just destroys everyone and everything. It's a fast firing LMG with little in the way of recoil that is a 3 shot kill at long ranges. There is no countering it because it's so accurate and kills so swiftly that you can't really do anything.

This sounds a lot like the super old versions of Day Of Defeat. Every weapon was basically devoid of recoil though. I miss that. You could use the sniper rifle with 100% accuracy and little to no recoil while jumping around like a maniac lol.

Bucca

Oct 25, 2017
PC Players: I can uninstall the SP portion of the game when I'm done with it and just play the Multiplayer install no problem right?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm expecting a patch in the next couple of days to fix some lobby / post-game bugs.
I'm actually enjoying most of the maps.
When I start playing snd, I'll enjoy them even more I'm sure.

Top tier :Aachen, Gibraltar, Gustav Cannon, Sainte-Marie-du-Mont and USS Texas.

Mid tier :
Ardennes Forest, Pointe Du Hoc, London Docks

Garbage tier :
Flak cannon

At least for tdm / domination / ffa

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Just playing single-player so far. On Mission 3. Can't comment too much about the actual contents of the story, I'll say it's very "traditional" though.

HDR has a good implementation, and the setup for it is one the best I've seen yet in games.
People look good, at least in the parts where they take control away from you.

Gunplay is bad, half of this is because the sound design is just godawful. Guns sound weak, feel weak.
Visual FX are equally bad. Explosions are last gen, dust particles, even the muzzle flashes and sparks when bullets hit metal, it's all last gen tech.

I haven't touched a COD since MW3, and now I'm starting to remember why. Sheesh.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
I've only played an afternoon and I've had enough. You die too fast to even have any fun. The last ww2 I played was world at war and I don't remember it being this awful

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Played about 5 hours last night with friend. Now about rank 20. I bought x1 version. I had played beta on ps4 pro at 4k and god it looked so much better. My x1x cant come soon enough! I remember the fire looking amazing in 4k/hdr, on of xbox it looks so grey lol

ShadowsFell

Oct 29, 2017
I've only played an afternoon and I've had enough. You die too fast to even have any fun. The last ww2 I played was world at war and I don't remember it being this awful
It wasn't. The multiplayer for this game is just straight up garbage for the most part. Treyarch seems to be the only studio that can make a decent-great CoD game anymore.

tommy7154

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Does this have any single player stuff aside from the campaign? Anything with zombies or bots on the multiplayer maps or anything?

NoPiece

Oct 28, 2017
Just playing single-player so far. On Mission 3. Can't comment too much about the actual contents of the story, I'll say it's very "traditional" though.

HDR has a good implementation, and the setup for it is one the best I've seen yet in games.
People look good, at least in the parts where they take control away from you.

Gunplay is bad, half of this is because the sound design is just godawful. Guns sound weak, feel weak.
Visual FX are equally bad. Explosions are last gen, dust particles, even the muzzle flashes and sparks when bullets hit metal, it's all last gen tech.

I haven't touched a COD since MW3, and now I'm starting to remember why. Sheesh.

I actually like the gunplay, but I agree something is off with the gun sounds. What system are you playing on? I'm on PC and wondering if I am missing the center channel or something. Firing a 30-06 round should be brutally loud, but it sounds like a pop gun.

Here is a guy firing a real one for comparison

https://youtu.be/0Kig2kaHZEg?t=1m8s

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Is the connection issues on the PS4 only? Having no issues on the PC front beside is that time of the hour where I am connecting to people in Russia or Australia. But still okay.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
I actually like the gunplay, but I agree something is off with the gun sounds. What system are you playing on? I'm on PC and wondering if I am missing the center channel or something. Firing a 30-06 round should be brutally loud, but it sounds like a pop gun.

Here is a guy firing a real one for comparison

https://youtu.be/0Kig2kaHZEg?t=1m8s

I'm on PS4 Pro with a 5.1 audio setup. As someone who has fired multiple WW2 weapons for real, they have missed the mark severely.

Vexii

Oct 31, 2017
UK
Does anyone else have trouble quitting to any kind of menu whenever a MP round ends?

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
So people, how's the campaign of this game? I never play MP as I enjoyed previous CoD SP

Jamaro

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody have a permanent "New" green star next to Emblems? I cant clear it and its pissing me off. The devs always have some kind of bug with this lol

Yeah same here, drives me crazy too I like to know if I genuinely have something new or not.

Sorry for double post all.

Yes it's annoying the shit out of me.

Have you guys looked in the other tabs? By emblems you mean the placard thing right? You get some animated ones out of supply drops that end up in the second tab. Apologies if you've already checked through the other tabs, or if emblems are something else.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys looked in the other tabs? By emblems you mean the placard thing right? You get some animated ones out of supply drops that end up in the second tab. Apologies if you've already checked through the other tabs, or if emblems are something else.

Nope, it's a bug. I had it too and literally checked every card and it's still there. Haha!

Does anyone else have trouble quitting to any kind of menu whenever a MP round ends?

It's a known issue.Only way to "fix" this from happening is playing War mode. TDM, DOM, etc. all bring you to the end of round screen of death. Quitting brings you to a loading screen that might or might not load.

lol, hard crash to PS4 whiles trying to play MP.

Yep, happened to me as well. I always get scared when this happens since I'm afraid it'll destroy my PS4's HDD.

Is the connection issues on the PS4 only? Having no issues on the PC front beside is that time of the hour where I am connecting to people in Russia or Australia. But still okay.

Nope. Xbox One players had it worse to the point that the Acti Support Twitter acknowledged it. So far, no statement on PS4 issues. :(

Unless I'm mistaken, this has to be the buggiest COD launch in recent memory, no? Maybe it has something to do with Headquarters and its shared space thing?

Also, I noticed that the game connects you to matches where your account is set to. For example, your account is R1 (US) but you're in Singapore, prepare to meet the lag monster since the game will match you to US people and not optimize for connection. I've tried it with other PSN accounts and yep, same thing. Used R3, got connected to Asia servers.

Has a game ever done this? Wasn't matching people with the best possible connection the standard in all MP games?? I mean, I'm shocked by this to be honest.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Also, I noticed that the game connects you to matches where your account is set to. For example, your account is R1 (US) but you're in Singapore, prepare to meet the lag monster since the game will match you to US people and not optimize for connection. I've tried it with other PSN accounts and yep, same thing. Used R3, got connected to Asia servers.

Has a game ever done this? Wasn't matching people with the best possible connection the standard in all MP games?? I mean, I'm shocked by this to be honest.
The PC use to get the short end of the stick when it came to COD the past few years. I am shocked that the console is having this many issues for COD. I have it on the X1 but haven't booted it up yet.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else stuck in the multiplayer loading screen?

Been loading HQ for 20 minutes now and i can't believe this past QA