• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, quick scoping is going nowhere. The backlash from the last time they got rid of it showed that there's a huge part of the CoD community that loves it. Hell, there's some YouTube channels just devoted to it.

Sledgehammer wants to please the hardcore CoD community anyway it can.

Last edited:

17 Seconds

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Not even close. Even the characters suck in IW(Multiplayer). The game was NV4, KBAR, VPR and Synaptic(loadout) heaven for a very long time. Unlike BLOPS3. KN44, VMP, Breci, Haymakers, Kuda, Man-O-War, P-06 and ICR. You saw those guns frequently. The only thing IW did was the supply drops right. And I mentioned an abundance of times my destain for the maps.

there are several other weapons in IW that are more than competitive, you're just cherry picking weapons based on how you felt about them. the erad, volk, and karma were all good weapons as well, and there were plenty of good variants. that a lot of people used. weapon balance is complained about with every call of duty ever, despite it being generally the same in every call of duty.

preferences are fine, but the thought that bo3 is some awesome game and IW is shit is so bizarre to me. treyarch obviously deserves more credit since IW copied a ton of it, but they are both of very comparable quality.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And the presentation and general vibe of BO3 was miles better, with blackjack and lovely menus instead of that horrible quartermaster dickhead robot thing, with the stupid gun crafting.

Oh and the maps on BO3 were far nicer as well as graphically, the atmosphere and sunny day of Fringe or Combine for example, compared to the garbage space stations or weird brown and green of the occasional "earth" map on IW. BO3 is just better.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Guys, quick scoping is going nowhere. The backlash from the last time they got rid of it showed that there's a huge part of the CoD community that loves it. Hell, there's some YouTube channels just devoted to it.

Sledgehammer wants to please the hardcore CoD community anyway it can.
They got rid of quick scoping in Black Ops 3 from day one and that's easily the most popular CoD multiplayer in years. They also nerfed quick scoping between the Infinite Warfare Beta and the final game. It's broken and needs to be fixed.

Deleted member 16609

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
there are several other weapons in IW that are more than competitive, you're just cherry picking weapons based on how you felt about them. the erad, volk, and karma were all good weapons as well, and there were plenty of good variants. that a lot of people used. weapon balance is complained about with every call of duty ever, despite it being generally the same in every call of duty.

preferences are fine, but the thought that bo3 is some awesome game and IW is shit is so bizarre to me. treyarch obviously deserves more credit since IW copied a ton of it, but they are both of very comparable quality.
On how I felt? Dude, I was an NV4/ERAD user. You didn't see a lot of variety in weapons during the first few months of the game(Flatline all day). At least AW took care of the BAL Osidian fast. Things are different now. But it took time. And the maps didn't help. Only a few where solid. Like Precinct, Genesis, Grounded, Retatliation and Breakout. The others had too many paths and layers. It was nuts. I did enjoy IW. Never dislike it, but is nowhere as good to BLOPS3. To me that is.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hate to be "that" guy, but I really want to know what SHG's priorities are when it comes to fixes. BAR gets nerfed, fine. But nerf Primed too? Why? I don't use it, but I understand why people do given the flinch in this game seems to stem from the devs' amount of coffee consumed after every complaint.

Introduce a bunch of new, game-breaking bugs in Division Prestige glitch (it can freeze the entire game client), and HQ on PS4 (there's a fix, but there shouldn't be one). Michael Condrey, head of SHG, getting ridiculed on Twitter with people calling him #Dom50 and 3/1000 given his Twitter statements. Speaking of, he STILL only replies to YouTubers and not, y'know, actual customers who made the game $500m in revenue.

Kinda getting tired of it at this point. I still can't get into any kind of match, and I have no clue why.

Worse thing here is, I don't think SHG knows what to do, exactly. Introduce Ranked Play but your game is broken? Yeah, not really a good sight to see. HQ, which is supposed to be one of the game's biggest new features still DO NOT work properly almost a month after launch. Just a litany of bugs, puzzling gameplay design decisions. When COD YouTubers are turning against you, you know there's something super wrong with your direction.

At this point, I have to ask: What did SHG do right aside from going boots to the ground? Maps? Gunplay? Gun balance? Innovation? Curious to know what everyone thinks.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I probably should have asked this sooner, but is there an issue with my 'Special Order'? I completed it a week ago but it hasn't refreshed, despite the countdown always being 3h 41m etc. The counter just resets without there actually being a new order.
It still says 'Win a match in every standard gamemode'.

Deleted member 16609

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Harlem, NYC
Hate to be "that" guy, but I really want to know what SHG's priorities are when it comes to fixes. BAR gets nerfed, fine. But nerf Primed too? Why? I don't use it, but I understand why people do given the flinch in this game seems to stem from the devs' amount of coffee consumed after every complaint.

Introduce a bunch of new, game-breaking bugs in Division Prestige glitch (it can freeze the entire game client), and HQ on PS4 (there's a fix, but there shouldn't be one). Michael Condrey, head of SHG, getting ridiculed on Twitter with people calling him #Dom50 and 3/1000 given his Twitter statements. Speaking of, he STILL only replies to YouTubers and not, y'know, actual customers who made the game $500m in revenue.

Kinda getting tired of it at this point. I still can't get into any kind of match, and I have no clue why.

Worse thing here is, I don't think SHG knows what to do, exactly. Introduce Ranked Play but your game is broken? Yeah, not really a good sight to see. HQ, which is supposed to be one of the game's biggest new features still DO NOT work properly almost a month after launch. Just a litany of bugs, puzzling gameplay design decisions. When COD YouTubers are turning against you, you know there's something super wrong with your direction.

At this point, I have to ask: What did SHG do right aside from going boots to the ground? Maps? Gunplay? Gun balance? Innovation? Curious to know what everyone thinks.
I like the of the maps and the Division aspect. Creats a whole new type of meta and not making crazy OP builds. But then, you have the BAR, lol. The game has a lot of potential. But on the real, is not a game I will recommend to someone who wants to get back into COD. Too many issues. Even basic shit like fucking up sights on certain weapons. Attachments not working and hitbox issues with snipers. Shit, high caliber is a waste with semi-auto's. You can two shot people with the BAR and FG-42 with HC. But you cannot get a oneshot to the head with a semi-auto like it is in BLOPS3 with the Sheva. There's more, but you get the point. If I didn't get the game day one and knew of all the issues. I would have not bought and wait. I'll most likely not make it past December with this game. I got DragonBall Fighter Z and Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition.

Railgun

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Not sure if any of you guys have noticed yet but today's update makes campaign cutscenes absolutely tank in framerate. They now run closer to 30FPS than the smooth 60FPS they were before.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Hey guys. What is the current situation on PC regarding lag and server stability? Has everything been ironed out?

Fatal

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure if any of you guys have noticed yet but today's update makes campaign cutscenes absolutely tank in framerate. They now run closer to 30FPS than the smooth 60FPS they were before.
Nope, the pretendered videos are 30 since launch. Yes it's jarring and baffling that they don't make them 60

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Maps: No
Gunplay: No
Gun Balance: Sure
Innovation: No
Gun balance was utter shite at launch. Thankfully it's getting better, but they shouldn't have needed community feedback to see that ARs outclassed everything else.

The new divisions/perk system reminds me of AW, in that they've made bold changes but then not considered whether those changes actually improve the game. At least jetpacks had good sides as well as bad, are there any Division apologists out there??

Hopefully Treyarch ignore it, or at least find a better implementation (as they did with jetpacks).

Since I'm complaining, maps are also generally poor. Gibraltar is almost never fun. Docks frequently bores me to the point that I have to stop playing for a while. Ardenne is so close to being a good map, but they completely botched the A spawn (domination). Gustav is empty, and yet somehow not the worst map of the game. Flak tower is ok, just too small for 6v6 I think.

Some of these will be better in competitive I suspect (or hope).

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Maps: No
Gunplay: No
Gun Balance: Sure
Innovation: No

Agree with all of these.

Gun balance was utter shite at launch. Thankfully it's getting better, but they shouldn't have needed community feedback to see that ARs outclassed everything else.

The new divisions/perk system reminds me of AW, in that they've made bold changes but then not considered whether those changes actually improve the game. At least jetpacks had good sides as well as bad, are there any Division apologists out there??

Hopefully Treyarch ignore it, or at least find a better implementation (as they did with jetpacks).

Since I'm complaining, maps are also generally poor. Gibraltar is almost never fun. Docks frequently bores me to the point that I have to stop playing for a while. Ardenne is so close to being a good map, but they completely botched the A spawn (domination). Gustav is empty, and yet somehow not the worst map of the game. Flak tower is ok, just too small for 6v6 I think.

Some of these will be better in competitive I suspect (or hope).

Gun balance is OK, in the grand scheme of things, I think. Maps aren't that well made and compounded by only nine being available for all modes.

Possibly making all these worse is how SHG has bee uncommunicative in all of this. They should hire a Community Manager and not have Michael Condrey be the "voice" since he has an attitude of being a pompous dick at times, which is not something you want your player base to feel. If you're enforcing something, tell players why, show proof, explain, etc. Domination kills being 50 still is proof of this.

Thank god Treyarch is next. I'm fine with Pick 10 coming back. Imagine boots on the ground with Treyarch-level customization and polish? I don't remember BO3 being anywhere this bad at launch.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Dom should be 50 though, it's an objective game mode :p

The real fix to Dom would be to redefine offense/defense kills as being anywhere in the area of a flag, not just directly on it.

I can set up with an LMG and defend B all game, and I'll come away with 1 or 2 defends

Last edited:

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've said it before, this is the only boots game for a while, to pacify people. Next years is gonna be jetpacks again and thats fine by me.

Ensoul

Oct 27, 2017
Generally speaking i do love this game most of the time though. I was a huge fan of BO1 and this is close to that game.

Also trying to get all the ARs gold and the next one up is the BAR. Cannot say I am a huge fan. Headshots are tough to get with this gun.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Hallelujah
The latest patch fixed the lag/hit detection

I'm playing good again! Huzzah!

And I no longer feel rage when dying because they are now legit deaths.
None of this me shooting them 6 times and somehow dying , or running around an object yet still dying somehow.

This game is now great

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The nerf to Primed without nerfing the actual flinch really annoys me.

Also, I wish we could get reloading while sprinting as a standard feature already. I've gotten so used to it in Battlefield.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And thats why I lobby for the pick ten system, WW2 just basically is COD no fun allowed mode.

TRU

Banned
Nov 9, 2017
This game "has me" like no COD since MW2. I can't wait to play this game daily and have already prestiged twice. Black Ops 2 is the last one I think I prestiged in for a reference point. The gunplay is really good, and the movement is tight to my liking. Maybe its because I'm older, but I prefer the dumbed down class system this time around.

While I admire the ambition around the Headquarters, I do wish with that time/money would have went to more maps included in the base game. Being a HC only player the DLC is always a minefield in the playlists to be included, etc in the regular rotations.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game "has me" like no COD since MW2. I can't wait to play this game daily and have already prestiged twice. Black Ops 2 is the last one I think I prestiged in for a reference point. The gunplay is really good, and the movement is tight to my liking. Maybe its because I'm older, but I prefer the dumbed down class system this time around.

While I admire the ambition around the Headquarters, I do wish with that time/money would have went to more maps included in the base game. Being a HC only player the DLC is always a minefield in the playlists to be included, etc in the regular rotations.

Classes arent dumbed down, theyre artificially restricted. BO3 was dumbed down from earlier ones (prestiging perks for enhanced versions etc) but WW2 is bare bones. 9 tiny maps and not enough perks because development went on a stupid HQ and crates. Thats shifted priorities, not dumbing down, you say it yourself.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand the primed nerf, they claim that a global flinch change is coming so why add the basic training anyway? It's surely going to have to be replaced as it will be a total waste with a global change.

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anybody else having connection issues with this game on PS4? The lag is terrible. I teleport from one place to another. Kill registers are often delayed. Connection bar is full green. This is not acceptable especially with paid online.

excaliburps

MP1ST
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Anybody else having connection issues with this game on PS4? The lag is terrible. I teleport from one place to another. Kill registers are often delayed. Connection bar is full green. This is not acceptable especially with paid online.

Hell, I can't even get into a friggin' match. I have no clue why, but I can sit in a lobby and see "40 games found" etc. thing and not get into a match. First COD game I've had this issue with. I kinda want to record a video of it, but kind of pointless since it'll be just me in a lobby waiting for minutes. xD

The Futurist

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so tired of running into snipers and not being able to get enough shots with my gun, while they just barely ADS and then I die instantly.

Fuck quickscoping and fuck these guys for making it so easy in this game.

angel

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand the primed nerf, they claim that a global flinch change is coming so why add the basic training anyway? It's surely going to have to be replaced as it will be a total waste with a global change.

thats the biggest joke in the game I think, and the biggest comment on their game design. Tweak things, sure..but when you release a game then change a value by 85 fucking percent, well my confidence in the rest of your design takes a hit.

Mechanized

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so tired of running into snipers and not being able to get enough shots with my gun, while they just barely ADS and then I die instantly.

Fuck quickscoping and fuck these guys for making it so easy in this game.

It really is frustrating. I get like 3 hitmarkers then I'm quickscoped. It's bullshit. Sniper have secondaries to deal with people up close, they don't need this bullshit in the game. It's like an auto aim shotgun that always 1 hit kills. It's ridiculous. But like I said, if they want to keep it in the game then at least reduce the score awarded for those kills or something. Find a way to de-incentivize it so if people really want to be "skillful" let "skill" be its own reward. See how many people want to do it then.

Paquete_PT

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It really is frustrating. I get like 3 hitmarkers then I'm quickscoped. It's bullshit. Sniper have secondaries to deal with people up close, they don't need this bullshit in the game. It's like an auto aim shotgun that always 1 hit kills. It's ridiculous. But like I said, if they want to keep it in the game then at least reduce the score awarded for those kills or something. Find a way to de-incentivize it so if people really want to be "skillful" let "skill" be its own reward. See how many people want to do it then.

Agree. Someone said some pages ago that quick scoping gives snipers the chance to fight back at a close range. I couldn't care less. Sniper is for long distance fighting. If you want to come at me then pick your secondary or die, it's simple. A shotgun doesn't take someone from across the map, why should a sniper work at close range?

Dubz

Nov 3, 2017
Los Angeles
I auto quit every Gustav Cannon game because of quick scoping. At least in the other maps I can flank, but on Gustav a good team can lock down a side with quick scopers .

jsnepo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hell, I can't even get into a friggin' match. I have no clue why, but I can sit in a lobby and see "40 games found" etc. thing and not get into a match. First COD game I've had this issue with. I kinda want to record a video of it, but kind of pointless since it'll be just me in a lobby waiting for minutes. xD

That happened to me too just the other day. Today I can get to a match but the lag is just so terrible.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
One change they made in the patch that is really nice is how Incendiary Kills are counted with the Shotgun. Before you had to sort of not kill them but let the fire do it. Now no matter what, if you have the Incendiary Bullets in, it counts as that kill.