• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
The wording makes it sound like it could be a bonus, not necessarily part of the 2 games, but we'll see.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nice, I always liked the War mode in WWII. Would be good to play again with some new players.

RingRang

Alt account banned
Banned
Oct 2, 2019
This is a nice surprise as this is the only COD I never bought this generation.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
They're probably trying to boost PS+ subscriptions ahead of the Days of Play sale by announcing a major AAA game.

The new CoD is also due to be announced anytime now.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I heard they improved MP, but I recall the maps being lame. Im down for a popcorn COD single player though

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
They don't usually reveal Plus games separately.
What is coming out tomorrow (another Random Tuesday *cof* *cof*) to make them separate the announcements?
Rumored Spiderman probably?
I'm sure their COD deal will going on next gen and i'm sure we'll get some COD on that Sony presentation.

So it makes sense to have one of their biggest 1st Party franchises and one of their biggest 3rd party deals on Plus this month.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
So they're gonna reveal Spider-Man as the other Plus game when they also announce the PS5 event? ;)

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Available tomorrow? Same day they're going to announce the date of the PS5 event! Cool!

Seriously, this is a good get for Plus though. My Call of Duty multiplayer days are done but I'd be down for a good campaign.
How is the campaign in this one?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm wonder why so early. Played the single player already adn it's good. MP, I won't touch again however.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I liked the MP a lot and the community was served well during its year in the spotlight.

Some aspects this introduced (the HQ hub and War Mode) haven't followed through to the last two entries and I miss them. Happy to return for an encore.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Eh, heard WWII's campaign wasn't good. Sad that they skipped Infinite Warfare.

Also for everybody saying the timing of this is weird, hasn't this been the same for every CoD on PS+? I think this may just be special treatment.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Does WW2 have any local Co-op stuff?

Haven't played a Cod since Blops2, in that one you could play the whole campaign in split-screen, but I enjoyed more the Spec-Ops missions on Modern Warfare 2 on PS360 as far as local co-op with splitscreen.

What's the best current-gen COD to play local co-op?

Tankard

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
Nice. More people to play it. Not that i can't find people but other than TDM other rooms aren't well populated.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
on a normal schedule this would be available starting June 2nd

Maybe they have bigger news that day?

maybe not, but cant avoid to speculate based on anything right now lol

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Woah what? Sony usually announces the PS+ games on the last Wednesday of every month, for download on the following Tuesday. Announcing it today, and you can download it tomorrow and it's not even June? Weird.

vatstep

Oct 25, 2017
Also for everybody saying the timing of this is weird, hasn't this been the same for every CoD on PS+? I think this may just be special treatment.
Yeah, Black Ops 3 was added during E3 2018 (mid-June) as a bonus on top of the other games for that month. This could just be a Memorial Day-timed announcement and possibly a bonus game for June.

Arm Van Dam

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 30, 2019
Illinois
Hmm...usually games on Plus goes on the first Tuesday/Wednesday of the month, might be some kind of bonus thing going on

Shairi

Aug 27, 2018
The campaign was okay nothing special, though.
MP was okay but I really hated some maps there. Especially the one on the cruiser.

Is it the second mainline (no remaster) Call of Duty game this generation on ps plus? The other one being Black Ops III as a bonus game at E3 2018?
Seems like a big deal.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
My unprofessional opinion is that this is an Activision month, and that means one of three things:

Either tomorrow is COD2020 announcement,
OR: the other game is N. Sane Trilogy and the Crash game is about to announce instead,
OR: It's both, and COD is Tuesday and Crash is Thursday. (Activision loves those days).

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
This one is honestly pretty damn good. The campaign has a level that is probably one of my favourites in the franchise, and once they sorted out the multiplayer (which sucked for like 6-7 months), it ended up really fun. The War mode is really fun, as well.

Jakartalado

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Is this the one that's massive install?

Well... that's true for the disc version. But if you are thinking about the PS Plus edition you will have to download it anyway.

Plus... there's a new CoD that surpasses the word MASSIVE by quite a margin (in this case the margin is 140 GB bigger than WWII).

Just for the sake of knowledge... WWII was 60Gb when I played in the launch month. MW complete is using more than 200Gb on ANY platform at the moment.