• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
hopefully the game will download on my PS4 relatively quickly. maybe I'll get to play this evening.

Last edited:

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'd have probably checked this out if it had the other MP modes. Why just the BR stuff?

R0987

Avenger
Jan 20, 2018
Less then one hour left according to the countdown timer yet no patch in sight on ps4.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There is a respawn mode in Warzone, and of course there is also the base Modern Warfare game which you still have to pay for.
Oh you respawn? I could give it a shot. I've just yet to really get into a BR and not sure the genre is for me (unless fall guys is amazing) and haven't really checked out CoD in years.

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Oh you respawn? I could give it a shot. I've just yet to really get into a BR and not sure the genre is for me (unless fall guys is amazing) and haven't really checked out CoD in years.
There is a BR mode where you only respawn if you purchase a buy-back, or win a 1-v-1 in the Gulag. But there is an entirely different mode called Plunder which has respawns.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Why aren't they giving out a 60 dollar game that came out 4 months ago for free?"
Not what I was asking though was it. I dont expect them to be handing out the SP, I just guess I dont get the distinction between other MP modes and BR that makes BR a F2P thing.
There is a BR mode where you only respawn if you purchase a buy-back, or win a 1-v-1 in the Gulag. But there is an entirely different mode called Plunder which has respawns.
Ah got it! Guess I'll check out plunder then. Thanks!

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Alright, my MW just straight up crashes during bootup, when it says "downloading update" or something. Cool.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Not what I was asking though was it. I dont expect them to be handing out the SP, I just guess I dont get the distinction between other MP modes and BR that makes BR a F2P thing.

MP doesn't require 150 players. So they want as many people getting into the BR mode. Plus nearly every big BR game (outside of PUBG) is F2P.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017
80GB dl for me on PC, zero interest to install it on ps4 even though it's 20ish GBs or whatever.

Should be done in the next 5 mins or so.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
MP doesn't require 150 players. So they want as many people getting into the BR mode. Plus nearly every big BR game (outside of PUBG) is F2P.
Yeah that does make sense for keeping player counts up actually. I suppose PUBG could have ran into issues filling matches eventually, but I was only playing it during the hype period.
Really isn't but by all means keep putting words in my mouth if that's how you pass the time.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Only 30 minutes...

source.gif

...until we can download this.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
Really isn't but by all means keep putting words in my mouth if that's how you pass the time.
If you don't understand that the vast majority of people who buy COD yearly do so exclusively for the multiplayer then that's on you, the idea that they would suddenly give their cash cow out for free is preposterous, and that's exactly what " I'd have probably checked this out if it had the other MP modes. Why just the BR stuff? " is asking for.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you don't understand that the vast majority of people who buy COD yearly do so exclusively for the multiplayer then that's on you, the idea that they would suddenly give their cash cow out for free is preposterous, and that's exactly what " I'd have probably checked this out if it had the other MP modes. Why just the BR stuff? " is asking for.
And unless you missed something I was curious why the other modes weren't in because I wasnt really sure why it's only BR that goes F2P. Personally I was thinking F2P MP but with MT's for a lot of the stuff you'd have free access to from the paid game may have been the route they would go, but as someone else explained BR being F2P is more likely about keeping the player count high given the large amount of players per server.

You've basically assumed I was thinking they'd just chuck in the whole MP exactly as it is in the main game.

neatsaux

Nov 11, 2018
red room
If I own MW on xbox, can I download the PS4 client in 20 minutes? or will I need to wait until later? like is it tied to your Activision account?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone with MW can start downloading in 4 minutes from now...anyone getting it "free" can start downloading in 4 hours an 4 minutes from now.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
And unless you missed something I was curious why the other modes weren't in because I wasnt really sure why it's only BR that goes F2P. Personally I was thinking F2P MP but with MT's for a lot of the stuff you'd have free access to from the paid game may have been the route they would go, but as someone else explained BR being F2P is more likely about keeping the player count high given the large amount of players per server.

You've basically assumed I was thinking they'd just chuck in the whole MP exactly as it is in the main game.
Call of Duty black ops 2 was released in 2012, and yet it's still 59.99 on steam. Again, releasing their modern cash cow multiplayer suite for free even with your hypothetical content-gated microtransactions when they're still getting away with greedily selling 8 year old games at full price is a big ask.

Plus the game as is, is already absolutely loaded front to back with microtransactions. Why release a game that is 100 percent guaranteed to sell like hot cakes for free and push microtransactions when you can sell a game for full price and still push microtransactions just as hard because no matter what, your audience is so large that they're going to gobble it up anyway?

Again, as my original post was getting at, you were basically wondering why one of the most popular, best selling games on the market annually isn't just handed out for free, and again, it's a preposterous ask. It's almost as if they want to keep making safe guaranteed profits? Weird how that works.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Call of Duty black ops 2 was released in 2012, and yet it's still 59.99 on steam. Again, releasing their modern cash cow multiplayer suite for free even with your hypothetical content-gated microtransactions when they're still getting away with greedily selling 8 year old games at full price is a big ask.

Plus the game as is, is already absolutely loaded front to back with microtransactions. Why release a game that is 100 percent guaranteed to sell like hot cakes for free and push microtransactions when you can sell a game for full price and still push microtransactions just as hard because no matter what, your audience is so large that they're going to gobble it up anyway?

Again, as my original post was getting at, you were basically wondering why one of the most popular, best selling games on the market annually isn't just handed out for free, and again, it's a preposterous ask. It's almost as if they want to keep making safe guaranteed profits? Weird how that works.

I really dont get how you're this invested in trying to prove this point but I give up with you. I've already explained and I'm not wasting more time on it.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do you download it as a dlc (so I can do it remotely) if you have MW or I need to update the actual game ?

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Botched. Update not live yet and it just says Incoming Transmission on Classified now.

Edit: PS4 Version