• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I own Modern Warfare but don't currently have it installed. What's my best option to get this installed starting now?

I saw the mode can be standalone but IDK if that can be preloaded? Would I be best off just re-downloading the entire main game?
If you install MW you'd only have to download about 20 gigs and get to play it a few hours earlier at 8 am PDT. Free to play people need to install 100gig and not until 12 pm PDT.

Huntersknoll

Oct 25, 2017
This seems like it could be pretty cool. I'll have to give it a go. I'm not a huge CoD person but Blackout was one of my favorite battle royals besides Apex.

rycisko

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Lots of my friends geeked about this, and everything about it looks solid so far, can't wait to give it a try tomorrow!

Just sucks that Destiny's new season releases and I start my new job tomorrow 😩 Going to be a busy day

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
So has there been any info about the stadium? From people exploring the spec ops map it seemed to be completely closed off. Also out of all the videos I have watched, I havent seen anyone go near it or play on it. Seems odd for the largest structure by far on the map.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to give this a go. Crossplay has made it worthwhile to play COD on PC especially with a gamepad.

Oct 27, 2017
What I wonder is what happens with the download when a f2p player decides to buy Modern Warfare after liking Warzone.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
I wanted to reinstall MW before Warzone comes out, but Battle Net requires 169gb for MW download.
Nah, fuck that. I'm gonna just wait for standalone Warzone release.

Even the standalone version takes almost 100gb, that's insane, but not in a good way.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
At the very least we can admit that controlling recoil is 10x easier with a mouse. The AK turns into a laser at 200m with a mouse & plenty of others guns are way more viable at range.

Last edited:

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
So you think it is impossible for someone using a controller to have better aim than someone using a mouse for no reason other than the mouse? Lol

You put a mouse in a bad players hand and they will still be bad.

I don't think that's what's he's saying. He's saying that it's not a level playing field. And it's not.

Of course a highly skilled controller user will destroy a novice KBM player. The question is whether a person on a KBM will have an advantage over a comparably skilled controller user. And I think the answer is absolutely.

People are overstating how strong the aim assist is with a controller. You don't even have to aim, apparently. Just go get a snack and just tell your controller to go 19-11 for you while you're gone.

Pipyakas

Jul 20, 2018
Because it's undeniable that a mouse is infinitely more accurate than a thumbstick.
If you're using a mouse and keyboard and lose a fair gunfight to someone using a controller you're simply significantly worse than the player which killed yet

It means that if you put 2 players of similar skill level up against each other with one using a controller and the other use MKB that the MKB player is gonna win every gunfight in which they didn't fall out of their chair.
You can check out the Halo Reach PC scene there. Players have essentially crying about how you cant miss shots as kb/m users or the aim assist will easily done them with "no effort required"

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
spawning in with armor, is somewhat worrying because it tells me they knew that MW's TKK wouldn't be good for BR and instead of trying to change it accordingly instead decided to just have you spawn in with armor.
When the difference between naked and fully armored is 2.5x, TTK can't be good on both. And it's not good in Apex (where it's 2x) or Blackout. People drop like flies unarmored. I would assume that this is just trying to address the insane advantage of lucking into armor (let alone high tier armor) right away.

Last edited:

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
I was super hyped, and then this slow reveal sucked all the excitement out of me. After watching a 25 minute game though, my hype has returned. I'm probably gonna play all day tomorrow after I get off work.

Deleted member 34714

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 28, 2017
It's funny, halo pc players complain about getting destroyed by controller players. What a world we live in.

That really a thing? I havn't seen much of any big players playing Halo on PC and even then, I can guess that gamepads with aim assist for a game that has been tailor made for consoles will benefit more. Just like Gears of War as well.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Will this be on the Blizzard app? I havent played any CoD games since Bops4 and that was on the Blizzard app. Or do I need some other launcher for this?

Disregard.. found it. Blizzard app it is.

Oct 25, 2017
The amount of cheating that actually happens in games can often be overstated. Obviously it exists, but the average player simply isn't going to run into them that often, if at all.

There are 110 million PS4. There are more than enough players.

I just don't like being forced, thats all.

If there is the option, then I'm good.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Gonna camp hard solo. Teammates won't know what I'm doing but I ain't moving, not now, not for the gas, never. Find that comfy corner and wait.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cleared even more space off of my PS4. I joked with someone it'd be 100gb and it seems I was right.

Can't wait to play some games, but they'll have to wait until Thursday night. Thankfully, it's just me and two friends at this point, so trios doesn't bother me.