• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The top killstreak should be a predator missile or something of the sort which could theoretically wipe out two or more squads in one fell swoop. Aircraft is fucking absurd.
how is the stuff that they have here anything crazier than what you get in Apex? three streaks, UAV- precision strike- cluster , you just over react

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Trios only at launch? Goddamn it. I was really looking forward to a great solo BR.

I guess Okami was right then.

Quade

Mar 8, 2019
Sorry if this has already been asked, and i imagine it has, but is the standalone client available to download on PC yet? Can't seem to find it anywhere so i'm guessing not.

Casper

Oct 25, 2017
I'm liking that in Noah's video it appears that you still get paid if you pick up a Assassination Bounty and another team kills them in that 3 minute window. They were nowhere near the player/team that was marked for the bounty but got paid (3k for both of them) when another team killed them shortly after they picked up the Bounty. So worth picking up those Bounties even if you aren't going to hunt them down.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Nice finally another BR I can play with my (console) friends!, ...getting tired of whacking trees and shooting at boxes :D

Any word on cross platform voice chat?

I play with my friend on PC , and Im on ps4 and yeah voicechat works, you can even set chat to friends only or party/squad only, if you just want to talk to them exclusivly.

LavaBadger

Nov 14, 2017
How does the crossplay work? Does it group by controller vs mouse? Or by platform and then open it up if people opt into it?

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Nice finally another BR I can play with my (console) friends!, ...getting tired of whacking trees and shooting at boxes :D

Any word on cross platform voice chat?
Already in the base game. For some reason there's a shitty filter applied to make it "realistic," but you can turn that off.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
oh man my internet sucks.. going to take a few nights to download. won't get to play until probably friday lol

flobber

Nov 1, 2019
I play with my friend on PC , and Im on ps4 and yeah voicechat works, you can even set chat to friends only or party/squad only, if you just want to talk to them exclusivly.
Already in the base game. For some reason there's a shitty filter applied to make it "realistic," but you can turn that off.

Nice, thanks both!

Sorry if this has already been asked, and i imagine it has, but is the standalone client available to download on PC yet? Can't seem to find it anywhere so i'm guessing not.

On PC it will be available via the Blizzard Battle.net launcher I believe, it's not showing up yet on any platform though.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
So its forced crossplay? I dont wanna be destroyed by PC players every round, probably a pass from me if thats the case.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
I will test it out, have fun and drop it a day later.
I know exactly how F2P cursed it will be, how expensive exiting items will be and how god damn grindy future battle passes will be.
I will nope out of it before this horse shit pay mechanics will get me.

But it will be fun for a few hours at least.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
So its forced crossplay? I dont wanna be destroyed by PC players every round, probably a pass from me if thats the case.

It's really not that bad, the game is pretty friendly to camping and has very strong console aim assist.

Console players do just fine in Ground War which is the same way.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
That skin. o.O

ESsFxjUWkAA5pTS

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is almost 80 and doesn't have anywhere near the graphical or audio fidelity.
Yeah but it's been out for almost several years now and it also adds creative, the playground and survival mode. This is strictly battle royal and is day one, think in a few updates I'll be even bigger and over 100gb

patientx

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to try this for old times sake (Cod 1-2 and World At War times) than I saw the download size... Damn... For a f2p game...

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
It's really not that bad, the game is pretty friendly to camping and has very strong console aim assist.

Console players do just fine in Ground War which is the same way.
The difference is that you respawn in those modes and you have alot of close range fights with chaos everywhere so it isnt really that noticable. The stakes are much higher in a BR and you often fight over long ranges where every shot counts. The average console player wont stand a chance against a decent PC player in long range engagements no matter how strong the aim assist is.

klik

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
A wee
oh man my internet sucks.. going to take a few nights to download. won't get to play until probably friday lol
A week ago i just got free connection update and new router from my provider, i went from 10mb connection to 200mb optics. I still cant believe i can download 20gb update game for 15min instead of 5-6 hours as before, not to mention for 70+gb game it used to take about 20hours,now less than 50minutes.

All for 30eur a month.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Really wish they'd just let people preload, especially with that kind of file size. Mildly annoying.

I'm not gonna redownload 150 gigs of MW so that I can play a few hours early, either. Fuck all of that.

Dakkon

Oct 27, 2017
The difference is that you respawn in those modes and you have alot of close range fights with chaos everywhere so it isnt really that noticable. The stakes are much higher in a BR and you often fight over long ranges where every shot counts. The average console player wont stand a chance against a decent PC player in long range engagements no matter how strong the aim assist is.

The Ground War maps are literally all in the Battle Royale map and are basically the same engagements distances you will deal with in this due to that.

Console players do fine. (the good ones do great, I've had plenty do better than me)

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Getting my gigabit fiber line installed at my new home at 10am tomorrow can't wait to jump in when it's done.