• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Without solo queue, random team VS premade team can happen ? I won't bother if it's the case...

EssCee

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What makes you think they haven't already? Fun fact: They likely have compressed the files already.

Screw off with this "Lazy developer" rhetoric.
Then compress more?

I mean as someone who already owns the game it's ridiculous to have another large patch (22gb) but for newcomers you need to download 100gb for just the standalone. That's unacceptable for a one mode F2P game

masizzai

Nov 28, 2017
Yeah this is gonna be good. They gotta turn kill streaks off towards the end and then on paper I think it'll be perfect.

Zasa

Oct 25, 2017
In that Driftor Q&A on reddit:

Q: Is Plunder effectively Tarkov-lite?

A: "No. Plunder has no loot saves that carry over or long term goals. It is a 30min smash and grab kind of robbery. Every game you start from scratch."

Q: Did you mind the lack of a deep looting system? I'm worried it's going to be kinda shallow on that front (a la fortnite) and now it's just gonna be pure luck if I find my preferred build (as opposed to mixture of luck and wining fights to build up like in other battle royals)

A: "Not at all. A deep looting system is fine on PC but can be miserable on console. Since 90% of the playerbase is on console, it makes sense that the looting system be easy for the majority of players. Yes, I would like to customize my guns a bit more but also don't want to spend time fiddling with 10 different attachments per weapon and digging through loot like a goblin while my teammates are fighting. If you want good gear, just get your dropkit."

Welp, that's all pretty damn lame

So is SBMM gonna be in this game mode too?

Am I gonna have to sweat like a motherfucker to get a kill just like in the normal game?
Ground War doesn't have SBMM, so I'm guessing it'll be the same thing here. Hopefully...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Then compress more?

I mean as someone who already owns the game it's ridiculous to have another large patch (22gb) but for newcomers you need to download 100gb for just the standalone. That's unacceptable for a one mode F2P game

It doesn't work like that. You can only compress so much before you start seeing noticeable drop in quality.

Warzone map isn't just huge but it's full of many locations with unique assets. In many BR games you have unique locations but there is a lot of re-used assets on top of also being much smaller. Plus Warzone also needs to include all cosmetics and such from the base game as well.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
In that Driftor Q&A on reddit:

Q: Is Plunder effectively Tarkov-lite?

"No. Plunder has no loot saves that carry over or long term goals. It is a 30min smash and grab kind of robbery. Every game you start from scratch."

well that's all pretty lame, damn

lol so what's the motivation to loot?

Stacey

Banned
Feb 8, 2020
This is the first free 2 play title to require PS+ ever right? Thats kinda fucked up. wondering if its gonna continue next gen ala XBLG

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
Then compress more?

OK chief hold on let me just message our senior compressor architect to get this more tightly packed for ya. And also we received your "thanks lazy dev" coffee mug in the mail today, much appreciated.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Hopefully it follows the MP in which cross-play is tied to input. So controllers with controllers despite the platform, and MKB with MKB despite the platform, with opt-in of MKB + controllers.

And like that my interest is gone, unless crossplay is based on input method.
It fucking better. I've asked him, hopefully he replies. If it's indeed forced cross-play and doesn't separate controller players from MKB players I wont even bother installing the game.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Amazing how you can kill your game before it even launches. Who the hell thought this was a good idea? Controller players vs M/KB players is going to be a shit show.

You would think that, but my brother does work on PC Apex using his controller to the point he has the 2K damage badge.

The aim assist really comes in handy, and if memory serves me right, MW aim assist is quite strong.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Really liking the look of this. Killstreaks at least seem like they won't be too easy to get, but I share people's sentiment that they should be disabled by the final couple of circles.

JackEtc

Oct 28, 2017
NYC
Only trios at launch is super disappointing, I wonder what the "good reason" they have for withholding it is - all I know is if they don't add it like within a week a lot of people are gonna walk away from it...not everyone has friends to play with all the time.

I was gonna stay home on wednesday to play but if none of my friends do either I'm essentially doing it for no reason since I can't play solo

Deleted member 4970

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
super happy about the simplified health and loot systems

always thought of them to be unnecessarily complicated and that's why I've generally steered clear of br games

my most played one is probably pubg mobile since it loots for you :P

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Then compress more?

With how bots are thrown into games now I'm sure it'll be 50-75 real people and 75 bots to get 150 players

pray for the servers lol
giphy.gif

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
You guys are overthinking it too much. People play Apex with randoms all the time, same for literally every other game around.