• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Probably input based.

Imho there's a very high chance all the settings (graphics gameplay etc) are identical to modern warfare....that's the "least work" option and it wouldn't make sense to change any.

MW players would find weird inconsistencies as they switch from MW to warzone, and the Devs would have to test every change made.

I'm interested to see if free players even get the same MW launch screen but have the other 3 options greyed out and warzone is unlocked.
A very easy way to try and upsell players on the game (but doesn't work in 6 months time when a new cod launches).

They must have a plan for mainline cod and a cod br running in parallel...would love to know what it is...

Oct 26, 2017
Trash tier YouTuber that somehow makes me feel like I somehow know less about the mode than before I watched it.

Dude says it's the biggest BR map, but at a glance it doesn't look as big as the PUBG 8km x 8kms to me at all. Did the data mining yield an actual map size?

Anyway, lots of things to like about this, and some things that concern me. Gulag looks basically like Gunfight mode which is my favorite by far in the base MW game. But is it just best of 1? From this clip of course you can't really tell wtf is going on... like... he ducked his opponent until the timer ran out, they were both at 100 health? But maybe the other guy blew himself up? And then he was back in the game.

Shocking that he didn't have clip of them winning a game in there. Drift0r smh... Speaking of which you know this guy blasted right by the embargo because Drift0r's video will be out shilling for Activision the very second he is contractually allowed.... It's life's third guarantee next to death and taxes.

Can't wait for content from slightly better YouTubers...

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
I play BR on COD mobile and even though those are completely different devs, that game not having killstreaks but skills that charge over time is much better IMO. Killstreak spam will be a real issue in the final rings.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
i'll try it out, especially now that i've been burned out from Apex for the last few weeks. i liked a lot of aspects of the MW Beta except for its maps and spawns which ultimately put me off, but clearly that's less of a concern here. not sure about killstreaks tho, seems like whoever holds onto as many big ones by the endgame wins.

Apr 16, 2019
Anyone else concerns about weapon attachment, I would have preferred to find them and put them on weapon on my own.

Oct 26, 2017
i'll try it out, especially now that i've been burned out from Apex for the last few weeks. i liked a lot of aspects of the MW Beta except for its maps and spawns which ultimately put me off, but clearly that's less of a concern here. not sure about killstreaks tho, seems like whoever holds onto as many big ones by the endgame wins.
On the one hand I am also concerned about streaks... but on the other hand.... if I do work during the match, build up streaks, and carpet bomb a team of bush-proning losers at the end.... it might not be the worst thing.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Streaks don't sound fun. But technically I'm impressed at what they seemingly pulled off.

I guess if you like Call of Duty you'd probably play/want to play this. But I watched this video and the whole time I just thought "Why would anyone play this when Apex is right there and looks so much better in virtually all of the ways?". This just looks slipshod as hell to me. From the general mechanical play of the moving and shooting (the downed "dog-ass-on-carpet" crawling looks so fucking dumb lmao) to the UI and the looting, it just looks kind of not that great to me. Mediocre is the word that comes to mind.

I guess large player counts is supposed to be some "wow look at the number!" feature box ticking thing, but I don't know how that makes it a better game.

Don't even get me started on the idea of people just hoarding kill streak rewards. Sounds like an absolute nightmare honestly.

I don't know. I'm pretty much not really a Battle Royale or modern Call of Duty fan, but I do love me some Apex (because it's actually good in the ways that matter IMO). All the other BR style games I've looked into just don't seem nearly as compelling to me personally, this definitely included.

It seems to have upset you. Weird Apex ad post. This is a COD thread.

Oct 31, 2017
It seems to have upset you. Weird Apex ad post. This is a COD thread.
Seeing mediocrity continually rewarded when superior options exist is upsetting, yes.

I'll forever be upset that Titanfall failed and it took Respawn chasing trends for them to see any real success. This is legitimately upsetting. TF is/was too good for the market-at-large, clearly.

I will forever champion Respawn and look at their imitators with a jaundiced eye.

I just think Call of Duty gets far, far, far too much blind brand loyalty for the quality of product they output. That Respawn's games are clearly the evolution/furthering of Call of Duty and should always be presented as the superior choice/option in any given context.

Watching this video just plainly did not come across as something fun/worth spending time in, but clearly other people seriously disagree.

Last edited:

bushmonkey

Oct 29, 2017
I'm not a COD fan ( I only buy the games years later when they're really cheap just for the campaigns) but I'm really excited for this. I want a realistic battle royale and PUBG is just too janky for me.
Edit: I do want to say that I love Apex Legends but it's not scratching that "realistic" itch.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Guess I'll try it if it's free but killstreak spam shit is like an immediate turn off for me.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Killstreak spam sounds really off-putting.
I´m curious at what resolution and performance this runs on consoles.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seeing mediocrity continually rewarded when superior options exist is upsetting, yes.

I'll forever be upset that Titanfall failed and it took Respawn chasing trends for them to see any real success. This is legitimately upsetting. TF is/was too good for the market-at-large, clearly.

I will forever champion Respawn and look at their imitators with a jaundiced eye.

Okay...

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I just think Call of Duty gets far, far, far too much blind brand loyalty for the quality of product they output. That Respawn's games are clearly the evolution/furthering of Call of Duty and should always be presented as the superior choice/option in any given context.

Watching this video just plainly did not come across as something fun/worth spending time in, but clearly other people seriously disagree.

I've played Apex almost daily from day 1 to November or so, finishing multiple passes in the process. A grindy process to unlock decent stuff, ridiculously overpriced event items, disappointing limited time event game modes and a hit and miss new map made me slowly feel less and less excited to play it, ultimately just dropping it altogether in November. Alongside the fact there were never proper quitter penalties applied and some glitches it was somewhat frustrating, too. Its gameplay is incredible but the post-launch support has not been ideal at all. So if this BR manages to hook me, so be it. Apex will probably still be the king in terms of gameplay but that's not the only thing that exists.

Oct 31, 2017
I've played Apex almost daily from day 1 to November or so, finishing multiple passes in the process. A grindy process to unlock decent stuff, ridiculously overpriced event items, disappointing limited time event game modes and a hit and miss new map made me slowly feel less and less excited to play it, ultimately just dropping it altogether in November. Alongside the fact there were never proper quitter penalties applied and some glitches it was somewhat frustrating, too. Its gameplay is incredible but the post-launch support has not been ideal at all. So if this BR manages to hook me, so be it. Apex will probably still be the king in terms of gameplay but that's not the only thing that exists.
This isn't a critique towards you personally, but a lot of what you say in this post is exactly why I find it so disappointing and why Respawn hasn't seen quite the success they should: the systems around their games such as cosmetics.

I think they easily produce the best FPS gameplay in the market, but for a lot of people, gameplay itself has become almost secondary (or even tertiary).

I agree with you about Worlds Edge, but I don't care much about cosmetics, the BPs, or the LTMs because I play the game for the gameplay/joy of play primarily. Would it be nice if those were better? Yes. But they are less important imo.

Apex has innovated the BR scene in so many ways: respawns, contextual pinging as communication, a unique ranking system, and an eSports tournament format that I haven't even really seen anyone praise them for much. (Teams compete in matches and earn points akin to ranked, then once a team gets to the specific point threshold, they enter match point, at which point they have to be champ squad in a match to win the tournament.) Still think it will be top dog, especially as the eSports scene kicks into high gear.

And I have to imagine Respawn has more things planned.

I watched this video. It looked completely uninteresting to me personally. My friends will probably want me to play this, but I'm probably not even going to bother installing it tbqh.

Oct 27, 2017
All the streamlining sounds good but I fear it will make the game shallow in the long run. Especially not being able to find attachments or modified guns unless buying them sounds like a huge turn off with how weak some of the base weapons are.

Also I'm curious to what the progression for F2P players is and what they can unlock since nearly every worthwhile cosmetic in the base game is exclusivelly paid right now.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IW ruined Ground War by having killstreaks enabled. I have no faith this won't be ruined as well.

Hoa

Jun 6, 2018
Still play Blackout as my BR of choice, so hope this is just as fun. Would be nice to get a release date though. Not really afraid of the inclusion of killstreaks, there is probably a counter.

Nere

Dec 8, 2017

This isn't a critique towards you personally, but a lot of what you say in this post is exactly why I find it so disappointing and why Respawn hasn't seen quite the success they should: the systems around their games such as cosmetics.

I think they easily produce the best FPS gameplay in the market, but for a lot of people, gameplay itself has become almost secondary (or even tertiary).

I agree with you about Worlds Edge, but I don't care much about cosmetics, the BPs, or the LTMs because I play the game for the gameplay/joy of play primarily. Would it be nice if those were better? Yes. But they are less important imo.

Apex has innovated the BR scene in so many ways: respawns, contextual pinging as communication, a unique ranking system, and an eSports tournament format that I haven't even really seen anyone praise them for much. (Teams compete in matches and earn points akin to ranked, then once a team gets to the specific point threshold, they enter match point, at which point they have to be champ squad in a match to win the tournament.) Still think it will be top dog, especially as the eSports scene kicks into high gear.

And I have to imagine Respawn has more things planned.

I watched this video. It looked completely uninteresting to me personally. My friends will probably want me to play this, but I'm probably not even going to bother installing it tbqh.
Nobody here cares about your obsession with Respawn, this is a thread about the CoD BR and to discuss the unveil, what are you rambling about even? Are you an employer in Respawn or something? This is just sad.

Mode looks promising btw but the killstreaks have me really worried, hope they can be disabled somehow.

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
I'm always for someone trying something new in the BR scene. Also, with such a big franchise you don't have to be worried and it will die off or not be supported anytime soon. I watched the video (but am at work and had to kind of half pay attention). Does it mention different player modes aside from 3 man squads? Solo, duos, etc?

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
No have squad at the start is dumb. Looks like one of my friends will have to sit out and wait.

Deleted member 4970

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excited to try it!

Wonder if this is what broke progression in MW yesterday, doing the backend prep for it to show up at the menu and such

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
THe killstreak thing does sound worrying, but I think the video said one has to buy them at points on the map. That means there'll be a risk to going there as there might be others laying in wait. Plus we'll need to see the costs of a killstreak as it might force people to play aggresively to earn them through kills, which is risky too.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Im definitely gonna play it but i really dont like that you cant find attachments out on the map and just in these supply stations that will be camped all the time. Killstreaks does not seem like a good idea either but we'll see.

Chaystic

Mar 2, 2020
Switzerland
I'm always for someone trying something new in the BR scene. Also, with such a big franchise you don't have to be worried and it will die off or not be supported anytime soon. I watched the video (but am at work and had to kind of half pay attention). Does it mention different player modes aside from 3 man squads? Solo, duos, etc?

Solo/Duos/3 man squads are in.

Oct 31, 2017
Nobody here cares about your obsession with Respawn, this is a thread about the CoD BR and to discuss the unveil, what are you rambling about even? Are you an employer in Respawn or something? This is just sad.

Mode looks promising btw but the killstreaks have me really worried, hope they can be disabled somehow.
Lol no. Im just a fan who thinks Call of Duty fans should play superior Call of Duty games is all! Felt this way since Respawn came to be. That CoD for me died when the original Infinity Ward exodus happened and that Titanfall should have seen the success CoD did, and that the CoD fanbase should have migrated. The series has been a shell of its former self since then. That the quality the series once enjoyed moved when the IP's original creatives did, and I've never been particularly keen on the imitators, even if the other studios and their games have had their fans.

I'm allowed to think this doesn't look particularly great, especially in juxtaposition against the original series creator's IP. And especially because of said juxtaposition.

Not all discussion has to be effusive praise. And a direct comparison of the two is more than valid.

I think one of the reasons it's so jarring for me is because the new MW at least seemed pretty good supeficially (at least until I played the beta). While this just doesn't really look great to me at all, especially as someone who has played a shitload of Apex.

I just don't really get how someone could look at these two free products and think this is the one they would rather invest time & potentially money in. Is it the real life guns? The higher player count? Vehicles?

Crossplay at least makes some sense and is one thing Apex lacks for people who would like that.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I don't play on PS4, but I thought all the F2P stuff on PS4 didnt require plus? Who decides that requirements the publisher or SONY? I'd just imagine you'd want the most people you could playing your game.

The fact that it's playable within the base game of MW probably makes it require PS Plus. It's not a true f2p game since it's both in the game and standalone.