• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Samanyolu

Apr 27, 2019
Anyone here playing this game on a base PS4? The game used to crash every now and then in the menu, but it was playable. However, after the latest update (today), I can't seem to get past the menu without the game crashing and the PS4 giving an overheating error..

Anyone experiencing similar issues?

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
The store asking if I really want to buy something needs to go. If I walked to to the machine and clicked on the wrong item so be it. Less time holding me in that store the better.

Stewarto

Oct 27, 2017
Just enabled cross play for one match to see and got near enough cross mapped with an LMG with no sight.... Back to disabled it goes

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
This update seems pretty good. The shotgun nerf makes smg's even more overpowered for indoor encounters though.

I hope they continue to add more variety with the weapon drops; I want the base/green/blue mp5, M4, Kilo, AK, etc. Don't really understand why they started so bare unless it was for balancing reasons.

Also glad they upped loadout cost, but it should still be significantly higher.

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
I do fine with crossplay on. I'm not worried about PC folks being in the lobby.

There is tradeoffs on both sides and plenty of horrible players within the servers regardless of what method they use. Movement, positioning and rotation is going to out win over anything.

What you should be wanting turned off or tuned down is vehicles.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Kamikaze ATV is my new favorite thing. Drop a C4 on it and drive it into a person/group and que fireworks. Even better when you can get it into buildings.

Soo much salt.

You can turn it off though.

I'm sure there are crazy advantages in some cases, but I've been able to run with PC players on my team and be able to hold my own.
Only on PS4.

I echo needing a console only option.

Last edited:

CGS

Oct 27, 2017
I play with friends that either play on PC with controllers and people that only play on Xbox and PS4. I'm the only one that plays on keyboard and mouse and we do just fine.

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
Yep that's what I meant earlier when I said I was done after the blatant PC cheaters in Cross play

Aimbot + Wall Hack? Why should I bother

Same thing happened to the PS3 Call of Dutys, full on cheating meant I could barely them legit anymore

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
Anyone here playing this game on a base PS4? The game used to crash every now and then in the menu, but it was playable. However, after the latest update (today), I can't seem to get past the menu without the game crashing and the PS4 giving an overheating error..

Nope. Other than the PS4 sounding like it's going into orbit, I haven't had any significant issues other than a crash last weeks and that happened to the guys I was playing with as well.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is it me or did they change the control scheme for the map on PS4?

It's awful. I want to zoom with the shoulder buttons.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Level 88 with 9 days left. Average about two or three levels a day. I can't believe I'm actually going to finish this battlepass lol. Never again.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Tried this for the first time yesterday. Kind of love it, and I've never liked CoD before.

The gunplay feels amazing. Parachuting in feels good. The map is massive and there's plenty of buildings to spice things up, I can't see myself ever knowing every secret in the map.

Only complaints is that I never seem to get decent teammates. I'm not good at this game either right enough, but my team always seem really stupid.

Varth

Banned
Mar 9, 2018
Is it me or did they change the control scheme for the map on PS4?

It's awful. I want to zoom with the shoulder buttons.

It seems to just resets to a different one for whatever reason after installing the patch. You can change it.

As for me: anybody having issues with missions 6/7 of [edit: wood and bone]? It reads "get 5 kills with a common weapon" and I've got loads, but it registered only one. Are they meant as 5 in the same match five times over? Yikes if so.

Last edited:

LordDraven

Banned
Jan 23, 2019
is it just me or do the latest COD games have the most convoluted keybindings UI? so confusing and hard to find shit

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What the fuck is with all of the racist usernames on PSN? And I'm not talking about people in the 'TRUMP' or 'MAGA' clan. Ridiculous that this is allowed... I didn't even know you can have a different username in COD MW compared to your PSN name.

It seems to just resets to a different one for whatever reason after installing the patch. You can change it.

As for me: anybody having issues with missions 6/7 of Fresh Produce? It reads "get 5 kills with a common weapon" and I've got loads, but it registered only one. Are they meant as 5 in the same match five times over? Yikes if so.

Definitely a bug since the UI still tells me R1 and L1 zoom. I'll change it back!

Level 88 with 9 days left. Average about two or three levels a day. I can't believe I'm actually going to finish this battlepass lol. Never again.

Will you get all of the missions/challenges? Also, you will need to do more than three levels a day..

Edit: I was thinking about the level cap, not the battle pass- oops!

drock5k

Aug 3, 2018
Tried this for the first time yesterday. Kind of love it, and I've never liked CoD before.

The gunplay feels amazing. Parachuting in feels good. The map is massive and there's plenty of buildings to spice things up, I can't see myself ever knowing every secret in the map.

Only complaints is that I never seem to get decent teammates. I'm not good at this game either right enough, but my team always seem really stupid.
That's my feeling exactly. It's the first Battle Royale or Call of Duty that's really hit home for me. I love the gunplay and the few times I've ended up with folks who have mics we've done pretty well. Even won once!

Killer My Activision ID is drock5k if I can get added to the ResetEra group, or if anyone else wants to add me.

I like the new bumper control, but don't have the COD muscle memory holding me back. The new patch has been buggy as hell for me. I've had a few rounds where I couldn't revive squadmates. X didn't respond at all.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017

That seems par for the course for most BR games, unfortunately. Though once you get some good teammates it's an absolute blast.

Get Killer to add you to the Era Regiment and group up sometime.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Is it evil to get decent gear and camp out if you got a good spot in the circle early on? I've been with 2 other randoms before and felt like if he bunker down and let people come to us we should be good but the other 2 usually wander off somewhere and I follow and they get killed then I get killed.

draculabyte

Video Game and Metal Mashup Shirt Design
Verified
Jun 20, 2019
When I first downloaded this I was playing on a small map that had 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 matches that I actually enjoyed. Was that bots and not human players? and how do I actually find that to play it?

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
When I first downloaded this I was playing on a small map that had 1 v 1 and 2 v 2 matches that I actually enjoyed. Was that bots and not human players? and how do I actually find that to play it?

You're talking about regular Modern Warfare not Warzone, I think. It's the gunfight mode and it's against real players. 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 against players on small maps with predetermined loadouts.

If you are talking about Warzone, you're thinking of the gulag. When you die, instead of instantly losing you get put into a 1 v 1 with either pistols or shotguns and if you win, you respawn.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
You're talking about regular Modern Warfare not Warzone, I think. It's the gunfight mode and it's against real players. 1 v 1 or 2 v 2 against players on small maps with predetermined loadouts.

If you are talking about Warzone, you're thinking of the gulag. When you die, instead of instantly losing you get put into a 1 v 1 with either pistols or shotguns and if you win, you respawn.
It was before I created the Activision account so it may have somehow reverted back to MW and the Gun Fight mode? I actually enjoy 2 V 2 and more map movement strategy like you see in Halo. I'll look for it, thank you.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
Just spectate a solo mode. Last 10, 5 in vehicles... The player who finished second was in a helicopter all along. The circle was 1 meter at the end.
They need to fix that. I think there should be a relation between vehicles and loadouts dropped availability. Half time vehicles, then incapacitated them, start dropping loadouts.

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Yep that's what I meant earlier when I said I was done after the blatant PC cheaters in Cross play

Aimbot + Wall Hack? Why should I bother

Same thing happened to the PS3 Call of Dutys, full on cheating meant I could barely them legit anymore
There's a youtube COD streamer vid where hes killed by someone suspiciously on PC, the o he spectates him the rest of the match. The guy proceeds to aim follow people through walls and shoot them as soon as they pop out. Does a complete change of direction and takes out a guy hiding in a bush 100 meters away. Throws a Molotov over a rooftop, direct hitting a guy on the other side who wasn't moving, made no sound and no uav was up.

Good times. Console only matchmaking cant come soon enough.

I don't mind traditional rpg play, guilty of it myself it's one of the better ways to take out vehicles, but rockets raining from the sky from people parachuting down seems to be the new hotness.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019

Tried MW but this isn't it. It sitll had the extra armor packs and I am 90 percent sure it was the Warzone game play, just in a rectagle area and it kept switching matches of 1 v 1 and 2 v 2. Still no idea how to find or play it though

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Tried MW but this isn't it. It sitll had the extra armor packs and I am 90 percent sure it was the Warzone game play, just in a rectagle area and it kept switching matches of 1 v 1 and 2 v 2. Still no idea how to find or play it though
I can't think of any instance where you'd have still have armour packs in a 1v1/2v2 scenario, not even in Warzone. The only time that happens is when you die in Warzone and you're in Gulag, it's a 1v1 but no armour packs.

draculabyte

Verified
Jun 20, 2019
I can't think of any instance where you'd have still have armour packs in a 1v1/2v2 scenario, not even in Warzone. The only time that happens is when you die in Warzone and you're in Gulag, it's a 1v1 but no armour packs.
I couldn't play warzone or the whole middle section without an account. There was a button prompt at the bottom to play something and that is what it was. Often started with just a pistol and had to grab weapons off the walls, also had to pick up medals for kill confirm for some kils. So what is it lol how to play this? I don't enjoy the large map that much myself.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Just encountered my first hacker on PC, was bound to happen eventually. Got sniped in 2 shots from a player ~700 metres away, named "kkkni**er".... I reported them but still shit to see.

Link: https://streamable.com/m6xar

Last edited:

MrMysterio

Oct 25, 2017
Loved Warzone at first, I do play these games a bit differently as I take them as a "taking a walk in nature with added mortal peril" kind of thing.

Now that people have started min-maxing, I usually get at least one player following my parachute into the remote wilderness to engage in a sweaty one on one right away.
Out of three games I died within the first 10 seconds after touching the ground. A bit frustrating.
I know I'm not playing it correctly, so just venting a little.

ReCross

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would implement 4 man squads already. Me and my friends always has to rotate and sub one out every time we play :(

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
A kind of a randomn question but is the text of the UI supposed to be this pixelated? The names of the team players for example looks like it's stuck in 460p for some reason while the rest of the game runs at the resolution it should be.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
A kind of a randomn question but is the text of the UI supposed to be this pixelated? The names of the team players for example looks like it's stuck in 460p for some reason while the rest of the game runs at the resolution it should be.

I asked the same question before and nobody said anything but yeah it's pixelated for me too.

Sejanoz

Nov 10, 2017

No issues on my base PS4. Try rebuilding the database, or reinstalling the game if you can? But the fact that it's overheating makes it sound like it's something wrong with the PS4...

---

I don't understand the end screen of this game. I choose "Quit match > Yes" then "Leave party > No", and it still kicks my friends out of the party. What gives?
I also never know what to press to see the after battle report. Sometimes it appears on its own, other times not.
Audio-wise, while gunfire sounds way closer than it really is, enemy footsteps can be heard fine, even chutes. Don't really get those complaints, I guess it's the constant amount of raids and announcer voice covering those audio effects. Teammates footsteps should be toned down though

Overall I'm liking the game a lot, I feel like I'm performing better than on Apex.

Grassy

Oct 25, 2017
Suspicious but those weren't exactly impossible shots.

Fair play if it's legit but they knew where I was from that far away, it looks like their crosshair snaps straight onto me and there's no bullet drop at all from 700 metres?

Someone naming themselves "kkkniqqer" seems like a throw-away account if there ever was one.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I've been keeping crossplay on so far as I assumed turning it off would put me in a far smaller, "sweatier" pool of players. Might turn it off though as it's so frustrating when you do come up against a m+kb player. Like every time you engage someone in a fight you have a certain expectation of how good their aim could possibly be, but now there's always a chance they could a whole step above that. So a fight where you think you have the advantage can be over before you realise what's happening.

I'm not even assuming I've seen cheaters, there's just too many situations where a controller wouldn't have a chance but a mouse doesn't have a problem.