• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MegaBeefBowl

Oct 31, 2017
Anyone who DDOS attacks a game during a fucking quarantine is undeniably a complete monster.

Rip their toenails off with rusty pliers

Belker

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder ehat woukd happen if all players were equipped with a 'Gulag Cctv' device by default. so if two of you are alive, someone can use the device to help the third player. of course this would take them out of the game foe that 15 seconds or so.

might be an interesting little risk and reward aspect,

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Is it a thing in CoD to shoot at somebody and immediately go prone? People seem to do it all the time and it has never worked.

Controller tactic designed to take advantage of the habit of aiming for headshots and the inability of joysticks to adjust at a set pace of speed. Joysticks increase speed of aim over time so they tend not to be able to keep up with the instant prone.

Feb 27, 2019
didn't realize there was a special warzone thread so reposting here.

Trying out Warzone and man, performance is horrific on my GTX 1060 6GB. GeForce Experience recommenced settings (at 1080p) chug at 30-40 FPS, not good for multiplayer. Turned everything down to low to play, with resolution rendering at 75% to get it playable, but it looks awful.

and I've had several crashes to desktop mid-game.

gotta love PC gaming lol.

I know my 1060 is getting a bit long in the tooth but I did expect better given that is obviously on XB1 and PS4. Apex runs at 1080p no problem for me. Anyone else having these issues?

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
If my PSPlus has run out, can I still play Warzone if I have the full game?
I'm guessing I can, but I never know with Sony lol.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Solo BR is pretty great. I still think the TTK is a problem though. Maybe headshot multiplier is too high? I really don't think non-sniper close range encounters should have such consistent half-second kills with full armor. My personal opinion is they should add the equivalent of two more armor pieces, so 350 health total. Not being able to react to getting shot promotes camping in a game like this where there are too many damn vantage points to account for. Add the ease of getting snipers on top of that and I think we'll see camping become more and more prominent as people realize it's the easier way to win.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I really hope that they clarify if they'll fix the problem with the Battle Pass and the level 100 Ghost skin. To get the skin you have to play or win some deathmatch rounds as Ghost, so if you just have Warzone, you can't get the skin. I was going to buy the BP for that, but I'm not sure now.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope that they clarify if they'll fix the problem with the Battle Pass and the level 100 Ghost skin. To get the skin you have to play or win some deathmatch rounds as Ghost, so if you just have Warzone, you can't get the skin. I was going to buy the BP for that, but I'm not sure now.
It's also one crazy grind. I managed to get to 50 with the double xp. Now at 68 and I've been playing a ton. It's possible of course but yeah lost a bit of the motivation when I noticed what you mentioned. It's also a few of the other skins too that need groundwar missions and such so i doubt they will change them.

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Got 2nd place twice today in solo battle royale, playing on Xbox. Both were sooooo damn close but I panicked and did not react fast enough in either one, ha. I'll get there... For me, sniper rifles are definitely NOT the way to go. As good as Call of Duty's aiming has always felt on a controller, I can't get down with the sniping especially if there's bullet velocity like in this game. An RPG and a hybrid-scoped assault rifle is my go-to loadout for sure.

EDIT: I also tried installing Warzone on my 6 year old PC but the performance was awful so pretty much what I expected. I would like to try mouse and keyboard though but I wonder how easy it would be to do that on the Xbox One S (AFAIK it is supported) since there's only one USB slot in the front. Anyone playing like that on console?

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
Jackfrags uploaded second Crazy things you can do in Call of Duty Warzone vid:

Pretty cool, I'm gonna have to start using C4 after this vid.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
It's also one crazy grind. I managed to get to 50 with the double xp. Now at 68 and I've been playing a ton. It's possible of course but yeah lost a bit of the motivation when I noticed what you mentioned. It's also a few of the other skins too that need groundwar missions and such so i doubt they will change them.

I decided to buy the full game. I didn't realize it had a campaign and I have a friend who lives several states away who plays the MP often, so I chose to just get it. It kind of sucks that you can't get it without the full game, though. I got to something like level 53 in a week with the double xp. I'm not sure where I am now, but I think I'm around 60. I have some coins left over from when I bought BOPS4, so I may do the 20 level skip battlepass just to get the skin.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to buy the full game. I didn't realize it had a campaign and I have a friend who lives several states away who plays the MP often, so I chose to just get it. It kind of sucks that you can't get it without the full game, though. I got to something like level 53 in a week with the double xp. I'm not sure where I am now, but I think I'm around 60. I have some coins left over from when I bought BOPS4, so I may do the 20 level skip battlepass just to get the skin.
ah nice. I just hit 70. But without those skins I won't try too hard to max it.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Just had my first solo win. My palms got pretty sweaty at the end. I'm still shaky from all the adrenalin.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
didn't realize there was a special warzone thread so reposting here.

Trying out Warzone and man, performance is horrific on my GTX 1060 6GB. GeForce Experience recommenced settings (at 1080p) chug at 30-40 FPS, not good for multiplayer. Turned everything down to low to play, with resolution rendering at 75% to get it playable, but it looks awful.

and I've had several crashes to desktop mid-game.

gotta love PC gaming lol.

I know my 1060 is getting a bit long in the tooth but I did expect better given that is obviously on XB1 and PS4. Apex runs at 1080p no problem for me. Anyone else having these issues?

this is surprising, iirc it should run fine on a 1060. a friend of mine is running the game on a 3GB 1060 smoothly. have you updated your drivers/is there another program running hogging a lot of resources?

Feb 27, 2019
this is surprising, iirc it should run fine on a 1060. a friend of mine is running the game on a 3GB 1060 smoothly. have you updated your drivers/is there another program running hogging a lot of resources?

I mean it's not unplayable, it's just 30-40 FPS if I don't turn it down to lowest settings, and that doesn't work for online games.

I've got the latest drivers, and I'll check to see if there are other programs but I always close everything.

Wondering if it's my Haswell CPU, i5 4670k. Anyone else have this?

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
yeah its trash. with all the hacking going on on pc, they should not make it mandatory. it makes 0 sense to do so in the first place, even less when allowing one console to turn it off but not the other

What hacking on pc?

I play on PC with a controller. I dont hack, I dont think people are even hacking anything in this game.

RyuCookingSomeRice

Alt account
Banned
Feb 5, 2020
I mean it's not unplayable, it's just 30-40 FPS if I don't turn it down to lowest settings, and that doesn't work for online games.

I've got the latest drivers, and I'll check to see if there are other programs but I always close everything.

Wondering if it's my Haswell CPU, i5 4670k. Anyone else have this?

Gotta be it. I have a 2600x and a 1060 3gb and it runs at around 60-80 fps