• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Very fun, not perfect by any means but all my Blackout crew is loving it. Can finally uninstall BLOPS I guess.

But as I said elsewhere, my top 10 list of loudest sounds I ever heard in my life were from the first 30 minutes I was in Warzone. Good lord those planes are LOUD.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I totally get the rationale for disliking it also, but personally I like the removal of the RNG in late game circles. I'm always frustrated in PUBG/Blackout when I get late into a game and lose midrange fights because I didn't find the scopes and stuff that I'm comfortable with. I like that in this system, everyone has a chance to go into endgame with the weapon loadout they want to use. It's what sets this apart for me!
I also like the reduction of RNG. But it's still too prominent and overbearing on the game's looting and diversity. It sucks finding a gold Weapon and being like "yeah, I dont need this, I have my custom from the 3rd minute of the game."

I am okay with the system they have-- I think naturally in BR games everyone has the Loadout they want by end game. But the cost is just way too low imo.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
I also like the reduction of RNG. But it's still too prominent and overbearing on the game's looting and diversity. It sucks finding a gold Weapon and being like "yeah, I dont need this, I have my custom from the 3rd minute of the game."

I am okay with the system they have-- I think naturally in BR games everyone has the Loadout they want by end game. But the cost is just way too low imo.

I'd like to see them keep the cost but make it so the loadout drop can only supply one person. $6K is fine if it's only for you. If it's enough to give everyone on your team a loadout, it's basically $2K a person for a team that's pooling their money and working together...which is absurdly cheap. I imagine they'll tweak it in some way.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
You cannot increase money for loadout drops, they need to either remove it completely, or rethink it on a fundamental bases. just increasing price will make the skillgap too large. good players will be able to get their good weapons, and average players will struggle to earn enough money to compete. It needs to be accessible to everybody or to no one.

I would remove it and have it as a random drop only.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see them keep the cost but make it so the loadout drop can only supply one person. $6K is fine if it's only for you. If it's enough to give everyone on your team a loadout, it's basically $2K a person for a team that's pooling their money and working together...which is absurdly cheap. I imagine they'll tweak it in some way.

I also like this idea, but then the price of the other items needs to be adjusted since it frees up so much money to buy the self revives
I dont mind that, but it still should be slightly more expensive.

You cannot increase money for loadout drops, they need to either remove it completely, or rethink it on a fundamental bases. just increasing price will make the skillgap too large. good players will be able to get their good weapons, and average players will struggle to earn enough money to compete. It needs to be accessible to everybody or to no one.

I would remove it and have it as a random drop only.

But earning the money isnt hard. Literally takes 3-5 minutes for $6K. A bad team presumably spends more money on respawns.

how about this:

1) The price of the loadout depends on how many attachments your loadout has. If you buy a loadout and want the legendary guns in your class, you pay higher than the guns with less attachments.

I think that better players should have the fortune of being rewarded for playing better than those that die constantly and can instantly get their loadouts back.

2) Or, loadout drops dont become purchasable until 2nd circle minimum, but they cost more. Good players will save up money. Bad players might lose them to respawns. Truthfully there are any number of factors affecting your money regardless of skill

removing or jacking up loadout prices affects the economy but that can be balanced out im sure

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe adding a contract that rewards you with a loadout chest but puts a mark on your back would be a good idea.
Making it a contract would be neat, but the supply drops are a traditional BR staple that just works. Making it a contract would make the contract options really weak.

Idk why we even have loadout drops to begin with. The in-game economy is a balanced idea. Why not allow us to buy a curated list of weapons for BR and perks. Seems like such an annoyance that everyone can have their MP loadout perfectly tuned for BR. I feel if they added a variety of weapons to choose from itd just be more fun

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Back into this today and team just got a 3rd in plunder. We had over 600k but got robbed of a few quid right at the end at a dropzone as we ran out of balloons.

I've been playing nothing but plunder again today and leveling up the AUG. It's so good.

Oct 27, 2017
Making it a contract would be neat, but the supply drops are a traditional BR staple that just works. Making it a contract would make the contract options really weak.

Idk why we even have loadout drops to begin with. The in-game economy is a balanced idea. Why not allow us to buy a curated list of weapons for BR and perks. Seems like such an annoyance that everyone can have their MP loadout perfectly tuned for BR. I feel if they added a variety of weapons to choose from itd just be more fun

I understand why they did it, they needed to somehow put the framework of progression from the main game into the BR and that's what they came up with.

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
Practically used in every loadout and this is precisely why I hate how cheap loadout drops are.

Dont blame u for using it, I use something similar but it really sucks the fun out of finding and using guns around the game and trying different things.

I really hope they rethink their approach to loadout drops

You can make gambles to counter the thermal meta. Run Smoke as Tactical and Molotov as Lethal. Toss them both in the same spot for full fledged screening protection.

The meta's are still evolving. For example, with the prevalence of Loadout drops... you can utilize two similar loadouts to maximize perk effectiveness. Overkill on the first loadout to get two primaries... Ghost on the second loadout, then pick up the guns you just dropped from your first loadout. This effectively allows you the benefits of Overkill and Ghost at the same time.

Essentially, while I agree that the system inherently devalues the loot search in a general way, there's a deeper complexity possible when you start to really explore all of the systems together. Like grabbing kill bounties in the smaller circles to identify the location of at least one enemy team, utilizing a decoy to call attention to them without firing a shot, then hitting the whole area with a killstreak once two or more teams engage. Situations like that aren't common by any means but the possibilities are there if one is willing to gamble on the setups. Should I pick up the Dead Silence for movement or keep this munitions box in case I run dry during a big firefight? Buy this UAV for partial enemy position awareness or sit on the cash in case I need to redeploy a teammate?

Generally even in more standard BR's there becomes an optimal loadout meta anyways. It's just up to loot luck in getting it. Warzone's approach is slightly less gun-centric in terms of the RNG and I can understand that being a bit of a bummer but there's some really interesting things that are possible in other ways. I'd say the end result is a fairly unique take on BR while maintaining the current feel of CoD (for good or ill).

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
am I missing something or the crossplay is mandatory? tried to turn it off but i could not join a BR match without it, is it normal?
I think only madatory on everythign but Playstation for WZ.

My apologies for the confusion, I meant blueprint. Is there an available blueprint that I can complete in multiplayer to unlock an Aug with good attachments rather than having to grind its level up?
I got a Legendary "Lecher" AUG Blueprint some how. Dont recall how I got it but must have been some mission? Unless it was in a battle pass? It comes with the Ammo drum mag.

Last edited:

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
One thing I would like them to add to the game is match victory rewards. Currently if you win warzone match, you don't really get anything special.
How about special warzone banner that you get from winning the match that shows your warzone wins and kills? That would be cool.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Has anyone have any problems with the Warzone just closing without error to desktop?

A friend of mine was able to play with no issues earlier this week but as of yesterday he just get kicked out of the game, with no error.

We've been googling for issues but we didn't find any solutions yet, just a bunch of suspicious websites copy pasting the same stuff.

Deusmico

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has anyone have any problems with the Warzone just closing without error to desktop?

A friend of mine was able to play with no issues earlier this week but as of yesterday he just get kicked out of the game, with no error.

We've been googling for issues but we didn't find any solutions yet, just a bunch of suspicious websites copy pasting the same stuff.

if he has overclocked cpu/gpu try to set them to default speeds

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
You can make gambles to counter the thermal meta. Run Smoke as Tactical and Molotov as Lethal. Toss them both in the same spot for full fledged screening protection.

The meta's are still evolving. For example, with the prevalence of Loadout drops... you can utilize two similar loadouts to maximize perk effectiveness. Overkill on the first loadout to get two primaries... Ghost on the second loadout, then pick up the guns you just dropped from your first loadout. This effectively allows you the benefits of Overkill and Ghost at the same time.

Essentially, while I agree that the system inherently devalues the loot search in a general way, there's a deeper complexity possible when you start to really explore all of the systems together. Like grabbing kill bounties in the smaller circles to identify the location of at least one enemy team, utilizing a decoy to call attention to them without firing a shot, then hitting the whole area with a killstreak once two or more teams engage. Situations like that aren't common by any means but the possibilities are there if one is willing to gamble on the setups. Should I pick up the Dead Silence for movement or keep this munitions box in case I run dry during a big firefight? Buy this UAV for partial enemy position awareness or sit on the cash in case I need to redeploy a teammate?

Generally even in more standard BR's there becomes an optimal loadout meta anyways. It's just up to loot luck in getting it. Warzone's approach is slightly less gun-centric in terms of the RNG and I can understand that being a bit of a bummer but there's some really interesting things that are possible in other ways. I'd say the end result is a fairly unique take on BR while maintaining the current feel of CoD (for good or ill).
But mostly ever loadout has a sniper loadout. This dominates the mid and long range combat. There is a large prevalance of rooftop players that is beginning to bother some people. The loadout system, as complex as it is, will still encourage predictable "meta" choices

Just look at the MP where the same few guns dominate the game. I understand BR will have a meta regardless, it's more the issue that it dominates the entire game as opposed to just the end game

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
PC has the option to turn off crossplay, though I haven't tried it.

Ok, I have just been seeing this comment of Cross play being mandatory repeated over and over, here and on Reddit, even the orginal resonse to the question here said it was mandatory. So I assumed maybe it is on PC too?, because havent seen anyone else correct people on it not being mandatory other than me. Now you may have trouble finding a game once you turn off crossplay, I only tried it once and was immediately put in a game around launch. All I have seen is a couple posts saying its not possible on Xbox though.

Last edited:

Jest

Oct 28, 2017
But mostly ever loadout has a sniper loadout. This dominates the mid and long range combat. There is a large prevalance of rooftop players that is beginning to bother some people. The loadout system, as complex as it is, will still encourage predictable "meta" choices

Just look at the MP where the same few guns dominate the game. I understand BR will have a meta regardless, it's more the issue that it dominates the entire game as opposed to just the end game

I think a lot of that is just BR habit. Sniper Rifles strength in Warzone is really the ability to third party *extremely* long distances. But there are definitely counter plays in the mid to mid-long range. The extremely large magazine sizes of LMGs coupled with FMJ can viably shut down snipers by limiting or preventing the peek game while the team re-positions. The streak abilities that attack from the sky can hard counter rooftops.

It's just about planning, coordinating, and adjusting on the fly with all the tools available. It's much more difficult to do this as a solo or even a duo with random(s) but that's sort of inherent in queuing with randoms anyways. Once more people start really messing around with all the options, we'll begin to see changes. I'm already seeing much more LMG use after the first few days were dominated by M4A1's. A lot more Smoke uses as well.

Ok, I have just been seeing this comment of Cross play being mandatory repeated over and over, here and on Reddit, even the orginal resonse to the question here said it was mandatory. So I assumed maybe it is on PC too?, because havent seen anyone else correct people on it not being mandatory other than me. Now you may have trouble finding a game once you turn off crossplay, I only tried it once and was immediately put in a game around launch. All I have seen is a couple posts saying its not possible on Xbox though.

As I said, I've never actually turned it off, so I don't know if the game is actually playable with it off but the option is there. It might just be a situation where people didn't look too closely at all the options or maybe the option itself doesn't work on Warzone specifically. Not really sure.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Do we have an Era clan? Anyone please add me for the clan or just to play with SmoothSeeBee#5759995. Thanks!

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
As I said, I've never actually turned it off, so I don't know if the game is actually playable with it off but the option is there. It might just be a situation where people didn't look too closely at all the options or maybe the option itself doesn't work on Warzone specifically. Not really sure.
Could be the case, as thats how it works on Xbox, and kinda PS4. You can turn it off, because its the same option for regular MP, which works Id guess on every platform. But if you try to do Ground War, it tells you its not possible. When you have crossplay off on PS4, and start WZ, a message pops up saying its really recomnded to have it on to find games. You can turn it back on there or continue as is. But I guess XBOX wont let you continue as far as I heard without forcing you to turn it back on. Maybe PC does the same? I don't know.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
two things IW have to patch fast imo (BR MODE):

1 - increase shop prices;

2 - no loadouts or make it very hard or risk to obtain (through a contract or something that points you in the map).

Plunder is fine the way it is.

Z-Brownie

Nov 6, 2017

i've tried, once you turn it off, you cannot join matchmaking of the BR mode, the game asks you to turn it on again and do not let you proceed if you cancel the pop up

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
A week in and it's the same 2 nagging issues:

-Rooftop snipers that don't do a thing but camp high buildings and go for sick snipez yo!
-
Teams camping the shit out of chopper pickup locations.

Expected both, but it's annoying as hell.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like the idea of getting rid of loadouts, I mean that's what makes this BR stand out from others. Get rid of it and what will we be looting? The same weapons all game? M13, Scar, Warden and the shotgun.

Loadouts are strong and they're supposed to be. Make it rare and the good players will just snowball while the bad players will struggle.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
A week in and it's the same 2 nagging issues:

-Rooftop snipers that don't do a thing but camp high buildings and go for sick snipez yo!
-
Teams camping the shit out of chopper pickup locations.

Expected both, but it's annoying as hell.
Loadouts then sniping from rooftop then moving around with chopper.
The rest of us are peasants battling with forks.

They need to fixed that, last third of battle always looked the same.

Others than that, which is easily fixable, it is really great and fun. Randoms and newbie like me seems to finally understand how to play in team. I had 50/50 good / bad team.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I think I´m done with this. In those ~15 hours of playtime I had only 3, maybe 4 decent matches with randoms. And playing solo is often too annoying since this has developed quite fast into a camper fest.
This is by far the worst Battle Royale experience I´ve ever had and I don`t see myself playing this more, even if they add a solo mode. Too bad, because gunplay and movement are great and I quite like the map.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I also like this idea, but then the price of the other items needs to be adjusted since it frees up so much money to buy the self revives

But earning the money isnt hard. Literally takes 3-5 minutes for $6K. A bad team presumably spends more money on respawns.

how about this:

1) The price of the loadout depends on how many attachments your loadout has. If you buy a loadout and want the legendary guns in your class, you pay higher than the guns with less attachments.

I think that better players should have the fortune of being rewarded for playing better than those that die constantly and can instantly get their loadouts back.

2) Or, loadout drops dont become purchasable until 2nd circle minimum, but they cost more. Good players will save up money. Bad players might lose them to respawns. Truthfully there are any number of factors affecting your money regardless of skill

removing or jacking up loadout prices affects the economy but that can be balanced out im sure
The thing is, you want to give bad players more of a chance to survive, so the fights from biggest to smaller circle stay consistent. Separating the good from the bad very early on creates an empty gap that too many battle royale games have. Thats why the loadouts are easy to get for everybody, same for respawns.

So as I said, you either,
1. keep it as is, or
2. no one has access to it except as a random drop in the middle of the match where people can go to to change to a loadout. it would create more dangerous hotspots for sure. But it in that case the looting system needs a boost with stuff you can get from it because without load outs, normal looting needs to be a more important part of the game.

The last thing you want as I said before is to eliminate bad players early on. you want them to feel like they have many chances and not feel like some sweaty dude bro sitting in a corner can kick em to the loading screen. You want more options to have fire fights, more clutch moment, more chances to regroup and engage with the game. especially as newer players.

Remember, this is a free to play game which depends entirely on people playing. make it to brutal for new players, they will easily quit the game and never play again.

idolminds

Nov 2, 2017
Ive seen the grenade launcher 2-3 times as floor loot in Plunder. Not anywhere near an open box so either floor loot or someone died there I guess.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is, you want to give bad players more of a chance to survive, so the fights from biggest to smaller circle stay consistent. Separating the good from the bad very early on creates an empty gap that too many battle royale games have. Thats why the loadouts are easy to get for everybody, same for respawns.

1. keep it as is, or
2. no one has access to it except as a random drop in the middle of the match where people can go to to change to a loadout. it would create more dangerous hotspots for sure. But it in that case the looting system needs a boost with stuff you can get from it because without load outs, normal looting needs to be a more important part of the game.

The last thing you want as I said before is to eliminate bad players early on. you want them to feel like they have many chances and not feel like some sweaty dude bro sitting in a corner can kick em to the loading screen. You want more options to have fire fights, more clutch moment, more chances to regroup and engage with the game. especially as newer players.

Remember, this is a free to play game which depends entirely on people playing. make it to brutal for new players, they will easily quit the game and never play again.
Yeah I agree with this. I didn't like the idea of loadouts, and still wish perks could be found via looting, but I'm finding way more variety in games than I have in previous BRs, and I think the gulag and loadouts are mixing things up.

Just had a great game where we were constantly in the shit, fighting for our lives and struggling for loot. We had a full team death quite late on that left us with 2 (gulag) surviving players, random guns and again no money. Managed to get some great positioning for the last couple of circles to turn it into a win. I had 11 kills that game and somehow never had a chance to buy loadouts or even a self revive.

In hindsight I wish I saved the replay, that was the most action packed BR I've ever seen.

Dyna

Nov 1, 2017
Finland
Is there no way to play purely solo battle royale? I played a few matches solo today and when the final circle was closing in, I was confused because I downed a guy near the prison area and then realized he was part of a three-man squad and the two others wiped me out! I guess they need to fill the lobbies somehow but 100% solo matches would be great even though playing with friends is more fun.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Is there no way to play purely solo battle royale? I played a few matches solo today and when the final circle was closing in, I was confused because I downed a guy near the prison area and then realized he was part of a three-man squad and the two others wiped me out! I guess they need to fill the lobbies somehow but 100% solo matches would be great even though playing with friends is more fun.

Correct, it's only 3-man squads right now, or you go in alone or in a pair with the 'Don't fill' option ticked then you're up against trios.

Hoping they add the 1/2/4 options soon.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving this. I can't stop playing.

Never felt so confident going up against squads alone in a BR before. The game just works exactly how I want.

Blah

Oct 26, 2017
There's zero reason to still have corner jumping in 2020. It's the stupidest fucking Call of Duty mechanic.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017

1. keep it as is, or

Fair enough but dont worse players have enough opportunities?

if u die u respawn multiple times over. u can earn cash fairly easily

Losing players should have to scrap their way back to their loadouts. That doesnt mean they cant win. They will still confront each other because of the respawning

idk, I just really hate finding a legendary weapon and not feeling excited for it. I just hate that everyone has a sniper. I just want the system to allow better diversity at least for early game

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
Fair enough but dont worse players have enough opportunities?

if u die u respawn multiple times over. u can earn cash fairly easily

Losing players should have to scrap their way back to their loadouts. That doesnt mean they cant win. They will still confront each other because of the respawning

idk, I just really hate finding a legendary weapon and not feeling excited for it. I just hate that everyone has a sniper. I just want the system to allow better diversity at least for early game
It's crazy how overrated snipers are. They help win the fights you didn't need to be in, and are useless when it really matters.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's crazy how overrated snipers are. They help win the fights you didn't need to be in, and are useless when it really matters.
I disagree completely. Snipers with variable scopes help u immensely in mid and long range fights which u will inevitably find yourself in

they are the only 1 shot weapons

paired with an AR, its the ideal set up

this is true of practically every BR game

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
How many kills do you guys average per game? Because I get about 10 per game and I have yet to win a single game, it feels like RNG screws me every single time lol.