• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I've been lucky with all of my random teams. A lot of people are pretty good at redeploying and getting in a good position.

What's everyone custom loadout?

I'm rocking:
M4 with a supressor, the thermal hybrid scope, and attachments that increase my mobility and aim down speed.
JOKR launcher
Coldblooded
Ghost
Tracker
Heartbeat Sensor
Semtex

The heartbeat sensor is ace since most people will run Overkill for 2 primaries

AX50 with thermals and an AK with reflex. Pretty basic.
AX50 sometimes OHKO with a headshot, it's insane.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not a fan of armor plates not being able to heal into the next empty bar. I keep messing up because I think the plate will heal beyond but nope, it only fixes up that one tiny sliver. Use another plate if you wanna heal the final bar.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've been lucky with all of my random teams. A lot of people are pretty good at redeploying and getting in a good position.

I'm rocking:
M4 with a supressor, the thermal hybrid scope, and attachments that increase my mobility and aim down speed.
JOKR launcher
Coldblooded
Ghost
Tracker
Heartbeat Sensor
Semtex

I'm running an AK-47 with longer barrel, some stuff for better accuracy and the night vision thermal.
Desert Eagle (usually immediately dropped)
Coldblooded
Ghost
Battle Hardened
C4
Heartbeat Sensor

Won using that setup, so I know it's viable but I want a thermal hybrid as soon as I can get one.

SlickShoes

Oct 27, 2017
I just gave my team mate my money to buy our dead team mate back and he just spent it on kill streaks

please give solos

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Sorry, but I just can't stop ragging on this stupid loadout drop system.

"Playing to win" in this game basically consists of farming $6000 for a loadout drop and then just doing a bunch of recon missions and camping the final circle. There's zero incentive to go for kills when you can play completely passively and get endgame loot within the first few minutes.

In other BRs passive players tend to be undergeared. Not in Warzone. The high gas damage reinforces this even more by punishing you for not being in position. Assaulting decent campers sucks because of mines and the fact that Cluster Strike + Precision Airstrike don't seem to do team damage, so they can just call it on themselves and wipe you.

On the other hand, UAVs are probably the only saving grace here, as aggressive teams can get lots of cash and stack UAVs.

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK

"Playing to win" in this game basically consists of farming $6000 for a loadout drop and then just doing a bunch of recon missions and camping the final circle. There's zero incentive to go for kills when you can play completely passively and get endgame loot within the first few minutes.

In other BRs passive players tend to be undergeared. Not in Warzone. The high gas damage reinforces this even more by punishing you for not being in position. Assaulting decent campers sucks because of mines and the fact that Cluster Strike + Precision Airstrike don't seem to do team damage, so they can just call it on themselves and wipe you.

On the other hand, UAVs are probably the only saving grace here, as aggressive teams can get lots of cash and stack UAVs.

If I got to choose, I'd remove the option for players to call their own loadout drops and have them just start spawning towards the end of the match.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm rocking:
JOKR launcher
Coldblooded
Ghost
Tracker
Heartbeat Sensor
Semtex

I have all my Mp loadouts so too many to list lol, I mainly pick my sniper though and run

HDR variable scope
MP7 piercer blueprint
Claymore
Smoke
Coldblooded
Tracker
Ghost

Killer

Oct 27, 2017
OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Plunder is secretly the best game mode in this.

Has there been any meta in for Plunder strats?
Recon and a vehicle. Ignore as may fights as you can and deposit when you get too much money. If the dropzones are hot use the balloons from the vendors. I solo and get close to winning most of the time.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Oh so you buy the balloons, they're not found in crates?

AUG 556 are tough to control past 20 meters though.

thejpfin

Oct 26, 2017
Finland
AUG 556 rounds will be top when people level that up.
This with 60 round mag
giphy.gif

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
I'm actually feeling 'The Warden'. Medium to long range I find it beastly. It's like the G7 Scout of the game. Big draw back is the 6 bullet mag though.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Have the devs talked about adding a solo queue? This is my first BR game but it's hard to really get into it when I'm always fighting groups.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Recon and a vehicle. Ignore as may fights as you can and deposit when you get too much money. If the dropzones are hot use the balloons from the vendors. I solo and get close to winning most of the time.

Yeah I've noticed that the dropzones are hot most of the time with bushwackers trying to rob your loot when you call the deposit chopper. Can you set off a balloon deposit anywhere??

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've noticed that the dropzones are hot most of the time with bushwackers trying to rob your loot when you call the deposit chopper. Can you set off a balloon deposit anywhere??
Yep. You carry them with you and pop them in open air. The only limitation is only one can be carried at a time and they max out at 150k. So I tend to buy one and use it on the spot then buy another to carry. Yeah the price adds up but as a solo players I was losing way too much money at the drops.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
yeah i want solo and duo already. Some tweaks needed for this mode tho but its pretty awesome

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
Yep. You carry them with you and pop them in open air. The only limitation is only one can be carried at a time and they max out at 150k. So I tend to buy one and use it on the spot then buy another to carry. Yeah the price adds up but as a solo players I was losing way too much money at the drops.

That's really useful info CountAntonius, cheers.
I've also been losing a shitload of cash at the dropzones so this looks like the way to go.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'm actually feeling 'The Warden'. Medium to long range I find it beastly. It's like the G7 Scout of the game. Big draw back is the 6 bullet mag though.
Heh, as a MW player it took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. Insane that I've never gotten into a mid-long range fight with looted weapons thanks to loadout drops.

upinsmoke

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

I dont really disagree with any of that. Fortunately alot of people want to get kills on the way while they do contracts and such. At least that's what I've found. I'd personally remove the loadout drop completely.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
As of a day or two ago my PC version of Warzone is now crashing to desktop within 1-2 minutes of starting the game. Anyone have any idea on what's causing or how to fix this? anyone else have this problem? It's super frustrating because the game was working fine before.

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
As of a day or two ago my PC version of Warzone is now crashing to desktop within 1-2 minutes of starting the game. Anyone have any idea on what's causing or how to fix this? anyone else have this problem? It's super frustrating because the game was working fine before.
Been asking the same, but seems like there is no fix so far. I could also play no problem on launch day, now it always CTD.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Whenever I'm in the lobby waiting or changing my loadout, my PS4 Pro fan goes crazy.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The game escalates quite a lot compared to other BR games. You have a lot more encounters early on than other BR games, but it's the end where things ramp up considerably more and become hectic. It's not unusual to have like 50 people in a tiny zone,and I'm not too sure I like that because the timers are already extremely short in that stage of the game.

The one thing I really dislike is that the first circle is visible from the moment you are in the plane, that effectively eliminates part of the map...sometimes even half of the map and these are especially the games where you end up with 50 people in a tiny ass circle.

The one thing I do like a lot is downtown, for the first time we have a really vertical as well as super dense BR zone with lots of interiors and rooftops. And I don't mind having tons of people in a small zone when it's the downtown because there's plenty of cover.

I do feel they need to fix the sound a bit because it's sometimes too loud despite being far and sometimes too quiet despite being close. Another thing that I'd like them to sort out is to make bullet drops easier to gauge. Currently with the way the screen shakes and the impact (when on objects) having little to no visual feedback means it's quite hard at times to judge bullet drops over large distance. The bullets are quite fast so by the time your vision clears from all the shaking you've already lost the trail. This is one issue I have in the base game as well, the recoil itself is enough you don't need to add intense screen shakes on top of that.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
Been asking the same, but seems like there is no fix so far. I could also play no problem on launch day, now it always CTD.
Ugh damn. I hope they patch it asap. Was really enjoying the game. I tried rolling back drivers, uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, the game, priority changes, graphics changes, the works. Damn.

OtisPepperoni

Dec 5, 2017
Just got a 8 kill W in a solo No-Fill BR match. Exhilarating. Found that Heartbeat Sensor saved my ass on multiple occasions - either by allowing me to avoid full teams of 3, or get the drop on unsuspecting stragglers.

And that squad wipe with Precision Airstrike didn't hurt either