• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
killed myself two games in a row from the initial drop by cutting my parachute lol! seems fun but will come back when solo/duo is implemented.

Is it true you have to own MW to get the level 100 skins from the battle pass?

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Had a game last night where my partner and I ran through the last five teams basically on our own, then on the last team and circle they focused him and he went down while I went for a flank but I couldn't secure the kills because I was walking forward while firing so I kept pulling my gas mask on and off over and over so I couldn't aim.

The mask has killed me before but that made my soul burn slow. At this point I'd say it's the only thing that really needs to be changed; I know they probably did it because they didn't want it to be too strong, but having the mask honestly feels like a hinderance a lot of the time. And honestly at only 12 seconds I feel like it would be fine if it was just a passive effect.

dont see why they even need to break animation

should definitely be done automatically if youre in a firefight

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Does the XP (like the double XP event) affect your battle pass level? There is so much going on in this game outside of actual gameplay, I don't know what affects what.

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
still looking for really good players to carry me. i play on pc, but use a controller so i can hang with ps/xbone players.

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
Does the XP (like the double XP event) affect your battle pass level? There is so much going on in this game outside of actual gameplay, I don't know what affects what.
There are 3 different double XPs going on right now for the Battle Pass, Level, and Weapon. Usually they don't run all three at once but they are temporarily for Warzone.

retrosega

Jun 14, 2019
I was wondering this too. I've been playing a load of plunder and I don't see any increase in my battlepass tier level.
Does the tier level only rise in BR??

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
There are 3 different double XPs going on right now for the Battle Pass, Level, and Weapon. Usually they don't run all three at once but they are temporarily for Warzone.
Not only Warzone but all MP modes.

I was wondering this too. I've been playing a load of plunder and I don't see any increase in my tier level.
Does the tier level only rise in BR??
Happened to me, too. Battle Pass progress seems to be bugged in Plunder.

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Had back to back wins last night with old Era buddies I haven't played with in at least 5 years or so. We got lucky as fuck with the final circles. Had extreme high ground with the circle constantly right on us.

So much fun. I love the contracts and the gulag. Respawning seems totally fair.

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I've gotten 4th place two times essentially by myself because as soon as people die that don't seem to want to stick around at all. Some won't even Gulag.

Whatever. It's fun enough, but I can't wait to actually play with friends.

Just had a round with some dude who knew about some sort of glitch and fell through a wall so he could be stuck in it and was killing everyone cause they couldn't see him. He thought it was very funny and great.

I thought it was lame-o so I left.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
I've found the vast majority of players in Gulag struggle to aim with the pistols. I usually just zigzag my way to them and melee because I can't aim either. Unless it's Deagle or shotguns.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
well I just changed looting to contextual, so I cn loot by tapping a, not holding a lot better

also, changed my controller layout on ps4 settings to resemble it more like apex, shooting with r1 and l1, and armor on up on d pad

has helped a bunch

kevinking94

Oct 28, 2017
Enjoying this but man, when I play with randoms they always quit after dying. Wont even give me a chance to revive them, smh

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It's barely a Battle Royale game. They really simplified the looting, and there are 2 ways for dead players to come back. It feels more like a massively multiplayer Mercenaries.
Warzone's loot system is based on Fortnite's (no attachments, loud chests)--you know, the most popular BR!
It's actually made more complex by the money system.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Almost won a game by myself, but I made a stupid move and got myself killed in the final two. Feels bad man.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
How is that barely a battle royale? Isnt Br just a big free for all?
A large part of BR is scavenging for items and using what you can find to win. Looting is really only a thing in the early game in Warzone, during midgame everyone will be trying to get their customised load out. In addition, there's not much variety in the stuff that you can loot. Whereas in PUBG there's weapons, attachments, medkits, adrenaline and more.

Respawning also isn't usually a staple feature in BRs.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dogfighting while freefalling in Warzone is so ridiculous that it almost feels like it should be in Apex. It's one of the cooler ways you can kill somebody in that game.

DuppoloGAF

Oct 28, 2017
guys can you tell me what the clock is for and how to use it once u unlock it? i bought the tamagochi one but i cant use it

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
It's actually impressive how they managed to bungle basic systems like who gets the kill on a downed player. These are design problems solved years ago by other games.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
guys can you tell me what the clock is for and how to use it once u unlock it? i bought the tamagochi one but i cant use it

Should be in Armory > Watches. Press T when you're in-game and there should be an option for it. If not you'll have to change your emote wheel to include it.

The clock is just to show your local time but there's other ones that show rank or KDA.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
It's actually impressive how they managed to bungle basic systems like who gets the kill on a downed player. These are design problems solved years ago by other games.
They already said they're fixing it so the player who downed the enemy gets the credit, but yeah there's absolutely no good reason this wasn't already the case at launch.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
About to play in 30 on Xbox if anyone wants to team up. Randoms in this game don't use mics or play as a team...I had to win solo last night smh

yellow wallpaper

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 17, 2017
fuckin did it with 2 random xbox players. f yea. and i suck ass at this game
eB7wLZL.jpg

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
Have they said anything about fixing the crashes? I still can't play the game more than 5 minutes without CTD. I'm very sad!

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I've been lucky with all of my random teams. A lot of people are pretty good at redeploying and getting in a good position.

What's everyone custom loadout?

I'm rocking:
M4 with a supressor, the thermal hybrid scope, and attachments that increase my mobility and aim down speed.
JOKR launcher
Coldblooded
Ghost
Tracker
Heartbeat Sensor
Semtex

The heartbeat sensor is ace since most people will run Overkill for 2 primaries

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Do free players not get to keep progress? I'm back to level 1 after playing a bit earlier.

Also why is my name anon230598320958 or some crap?

Deleted member 64503

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 13, 2020
This could be great but playing with randoms definitely hurts the enjoyment.

Also why are we pretty much forced to crossplay, I dont mind playing with xbox people but PC he'll no

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
Do perks in your loadout do anything? Tried Scavenger and tracker and never noticed anything from them. Felt like a bunch of the perks are useless in Warzone.

*Splinter

Oct 25, 2017
I've been lucky with all of my random teams. A lot of people are pretty good at redeploying and getting in a good position.

What's everyone custom loadout?

I'm rocking:
M4 with a supressor, the thermal hybrid scope, and attachments that increase my mobility and aim down speed.
JOKR launcher
Coldblooded
Ghost
Tracker
Heartbeat Sensor
Semtex

The heartbeat sensor is ace since most people will run Overkill for 2 primaries
I've got classes for AX-50, MP7, and that burst fire FAMAS looking thing (experimenting with it, not sure).
Each class has:
RPG (usually leave it for a base MP7 or stolen sniper)
Cold blooded
High alert
Spotter? (see equipment)
Heartbeat sensor
Frag grenade