• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Just had a game where the final circle was on the roof of the stadium.
Our team was the only one with a helicopter up there.

;0)

Btw there's a discord (link in OP) to play with era members, still very new and could do with more people if you want a break from going at it solo or with randoms.

-hell yeah, top of the page, here's the link:

Discord - A New Way to Chat with Friends & Communities

Discord is the easiest way to communicate over voice, video, and text. Chat, hang out, and stay close with your friends and communities.
That stadium will open up eventually right? It needs to have an indoor area. Not really fun fighting against rooftop campers on there in final circles if you dont have a helicopter.

It should have some kind of staircase to the top.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally tried warzone last night with a buddy(no fill) and it was a lot of fun. I like the quality of life features like the pinging, auto ammo pickup and stuff like that. I also like the gulag system, it lessens the sting of dying after playing for 10-20min. Not sure about the map yet though, not sure if its the color pallette or what, but I kinda like Blackouts foresty map better so far.

Anybody else have an issue using the ping/wayoint button sometimes when jumping out of the plane? Seems like it doesnt work consistently.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys like how many players there are? I feel like there's too many.
The problem isn't the playercount, when you for example compare the map size and playercount to Blackout it's probably even on the low side, but the problem is the fact that you can respawn twice (being bought back and winning in the Gulag).
Yep.

They even intend to add 50 more players. Some circles are just luck based chaos considering how hard the 3rd partying gets.

They need to make subsequent respawns cost more. Or mirror the cost with the circle number.

I think player count is fine, but Id like to see the respawn system get stricter.

Not sure about the map yet though, not sure if its the color pallette or what, but I kinda like Blackouts foresty map better so far.

I wish the game had a big forest. I love forests, and want to play a BR game with one already.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Played a couple of game on PC after trying it there, my God it's like a different game!

I could really do with a training mode to get used to the controls.

does anyone else get weird audio bugs from vehicles on the PC version? Like the plane at the start will bug out if you stay on too long and the buggies get similarly buggy as well.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yep.

They even intend to add 50 more players. Some circles are just luck based chaos considering how hard the 3rd partying gets.

They need to make subsequent respawns cost more. Or mirror the cost with the circle number.

I think player count is fine, but Id like to see the respawn system get stricter.
You also shouldn't be send to the Gulag when your team gets wiped, that's just ridiculous.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
The biggest victim of high player count and constant respawning is the match length. The streamlined looting should lead to short games, but they take half an hour just waiting for the player count to dwindle.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I'm just here to say that thermal scopes are stupid.

also, I watched someone get a kill with a rock in the gulag. Didn't even think that was possible.

w00tmanUK

Nov 9, 2017
My biggest issue at the moment is dropping in is poor - it should be like Apex, you drop with your squad leader.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Plunder seems fun - played solo and got loads of kills and leveled up some weapons.

I don't really understand how winning works though. I extracted a fairly small amount of cash near the end and got a whole cutscene type thing as if i'd won the round. Does everyone 'win' as long as they get a bit of cash out?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Unless you're shroud I'm not even sure trying to third party fights is a good idea...as you immediately get fourth partied and then fifth partied!

I think stealth can get the win more easily PROVIDED, you get half decent circles and don't die so you have the early game money still and you've bought your load out.

Have a second so far...a win is going to need a combo of good shooting, lucky circles, and a lot of other teams wiping each other out!

Edit
Yes! I totally agree. They need to do this.
Yeah I agree too. I feel like they had it in, with the squad leader, and then took it out for some reason!?

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The biggest victim of high player count and constant respawning is the match length. The streamlined looting should lead to short games, but they take half an hour just waiting for the player count to dwindle.
I'm thinking faster circles would help (maybe smaller starting circle as well).

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Finally tried warzone last night with a buddy(no fill) and it was a lot of fun. I like the quality of life features like the pinging, auto ammo pickup and stuff like that. I also like the gulag system, it lessens the sting of dying after playing for 10-20min. Not sure about the map yet though, not sure if its the color pallette or what, but I kinda like Blackouts foresty map better so far.

Anybody else have an issue using the ping/wayoint button sometimes when jumping out of the plane? Seems like it doesnt work consistently.

Yeah, it doesn't line up correctly with the crosshairs. I just use the map.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I also would wish for smaller and faster circles and maybe not showing the first circle on the map. A few of the most fun times I had with friends playing PUBG was jumping out where we thought was a good idea, looting up in peace and then realizing the first circle is far away from us making it a fun, hectic journey to reach it.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
Super fun, feels like skill finally matters.

Bigger teams than 3 please and less players.

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I played a few games of this. Don't see why it was so hyped up. It feels kinda boring to me. The map is way too big aswell and it feels like people take too long to die.

It just feels like another battle royale and I already don't like battle royales.

JCH!

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tenerife
Eyyy, just one my first game. And a 'solo' one at that! Team got destroyed on landing and quit after getting destroyed again in the Gulag. Still, managed to snake my way into the last circle and third party the last two. Woo!

Good shit.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
^ very nice. I'm reading a lot of era wins recently. Good stuff!

I had one where the final circle "decided" to be above the power dam while almost everyone was below. I saw it and was like "f*ck, I am doomed". Still fun :)

I've had that one as well...and apparently someone else has had the stadium one. I'm always going to go for the high ground towards the end now, just in case. It was funny seeing the circle get smaller and no one able to make it up but I felt a bit bad for them, especially when they were trying to climb up the vertical dam.

That stadium will open up eventually right? It needs to have an indoor area. Not really fun fighting against rooftop campers on there in final circles if you dont have a helicopter.

It should have some kind of staircase to the top.

I don't think it does! I always thought there was an entrance as I saw red dots inside, but I think they all get to the roof with a vehicle. I assumed there would be some sort of other way up... it's such a large part of the map, I imagine that's going to be not that uncommon for the final circle.

Thanks for posting the discord, think I'll give that a go since I'm tired of randoms and the group I usually play with aren't too interested in this unfortunately.

No problem! I set it up for the same reason, looks like quite a few more joined after that so hopefully we can get some games going together soon.

The guy had a shield ?!?

There are shields in the main game, you can set one up in a custom loadout to equip from the loadout crate.

I've been running bot matches trying to adjust weapons for a large TTK for BR, just need to test the mobility out to see if I won't get eaten by the circle when running with it. I set up an M4 with a silencer, 50 ammo and some ADS and recoil improvements. Looking forward to testing it out today, had to sacrifice the scope though.

I really wish there was a separate custom loadout for hardcore and battle royale. Or maybe core + battle royale could share.

This may be useful as well:

www.rockpapershotgun.com

Warzone weapon stats [Season 5]

In what we hope is the definitive Warzone weapons guide, we'll take you through up-to-date stats of every single weapon in the game.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
^ very nice. I'm reading a lot of era wins recently. Good stuff!

I've had that one as well...and apparently someone else has had the stadium one. I'm always going to go for the high ground towards the end now, just in case. It was funny seeing the circle get smaller and no one able to make it up but I felt a bit bad for them, especially when they were trying to climb up the vertical dam.

I don't think it does! I always thought there was an entrance as I saw red dots inside, but I think they all get to the roof with a vehicle. I assumed there would be some sort of other way up... it's such a large part of the map, I imagine that's going to be not that uncommon for the final circle.

No problem! I set it up for the same reason, looks like quite a few more joined after that so hopefully we can get some games going together soon.

There are shields in the main game, you can set one up in a custom loadout to equip from the loadout crate.

I've been running bot matches trying to adjust weapons for a large TTK for BR, just need to test the mobility out to see if I won't get eaten by the circle when running with it. I set up an M4 with a silencer, 50 ammo and some ADS and recoil improvements. Looking forward to testing it out today, had to sacrifice the scope though.

I really wish there was a separate custom loadout for hardcore and battle royale. Or maybe core + battle royale could share.
Yeah interesting, I wonder whether bigger clips and then mods to compensate is the way to go. So far I'm often fighting two people at least, in close succession, and a reload equals death. 40 or 50 bullets in an M4 is a LOT of stopping power.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
Enjoying the game so far but the latest games I played, the moment the game has a slight hiccup means another player is around. It's a nice warning but also immensely immersion breaking...

Toli08

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really not a fan that they show the circle at the start. Also dislike the flying mechanic at the start. Thought the flysuit from Blackout was way better. Depending on the flight path it's impossible to get to certain parts of the map, unless you wanna float in the air for 5 minutes.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
The first circle really doesn't matter, you can go anywhere. It takes ages to close up. When I want a slow start, especially playing solo, I'll just look at the circle and pick an edge somewhere. But I think I see why you'd not want it shown.

Yeah interesting, I wonder whether bigger clips and then mods to compensate is the way to go. So far I'm often fighting two people at least, in close succession, and a reload equals death. 40 or 50 bullets in an M4 is a LOT of stopping power.

Yep, that was my thinking - I also added the Quick fix perk so that healing starts straight after killing the first guy. Just need to test if it starts it on the downing or on the final kill, I'd assume the latter.

There's a 60 ammunition attachment but it makes the time to aim down sights just a little bit too long for me. 50 was a fair enough compromise I found. IIRC I use the stock grenadier barrell as well. The gun has mostly the same stats as the default weapon...except with suppression and more ammo. Maybe a little less mobility.

Also we have 28 members in the discord now. The link in the OP shows only 12.

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
My ID is Yogi#3899973

Is it easy to arrange groups in-game? It's why I set up a discord for it but I've never been in a regiment.

Is there like a regiment chat? Or would you need to go through the list asking to join games. Maybe it'd be good to have one for different regions if that's the case for latency.

Will check it out when I load it up tonight.

Last edited: