• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I think the biggest thing that loses games is shooting unnecessarily. Everything is going well. Your team has its loadout, self-revives, gas masks, and all that jazz. You're moving along and one of your teammates sees an enemy doing their own thing. They start shooting with or without pinging first, and you're not in a good position. You may kill those enemies. But others will hear those shots and will then catch you off-guard, just like you did to those earlier. Throwing away all that progress.

Whenever I see a teammate who really picks his fights well, I add them to the friendslist.

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated! :)

No problem at all.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Is the main game as good as Warzone?

IMO it is really good but I've been playing Warzone mostly now and don't want to go back to the regular modes quite yet, but do intend to.

The gunplay is fantastic. The maps are quite good but could be better and sometimes you'll run into players that like to camp and that can ruin the fun. They're adding more maps for free, so it's not a split userbase. And you can recognise a lot of the sections in Warzone that are taken from the maps. The game has other modes like Groundwar as well which is 32v32. I really enjoy Search and Destroy in this too. They have a mode similar to it as well but with revives called Cyber Attack. In these modes, the deaths matter and you play a bit more carefully. I prefer a much shorter TTK so I play the hardcore mode.

Respawns on the super small maps can be very frustrating though. And it may take you some time to come around on certain maps (particularly piccadily and azur caves (probably misspelt).

I really like the game. It's the first call of duty I've wanted to pick up in 10 years. Really deserving of the title modern warfare imo (like COD4 and MW2). I kinda don't really want another COD game tbh. I'm worried it won't be as good. And I've seen popular threads on reddit that are saying the same. That they should turn this one into a game as a service and just keep adding to it.

A lot of people (who post online) want a new cod without skill based matchmaking but I don't think that will happen. Basically if you do well, it puts you into harder games until it finds your skill level. But in the beginning it can swing quite a lot - it can be frustrating as the games can go from really easy to really brutal.. But some of those people just want to dominate beginners with no challenge.

I would imagine as the maps are larger and have more sight lines and rooms and mounting to edges, that people using a mouse and keyboard would have a bit more fun in the maps than people using a controller, even with the new ways to customise the aim-assist. I suspect anyway. But it seems the new maps they're adding have been the smaller kind with less buildings.

Last edited:

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm pretty sure all of them were in the free bits. Usually it's every 10 or so you unlock a new operator mission. Ah I think it's my mistake. Every 10 levels of the battlepass you unlock an operator mission - and if you do those missions (easy ones), then you get the skins. I'm pretty sure this applies to the free battle pass as well, but I could be mistaken actually.

It will unlock the character for you when you reach that battlepass level so you don't need to complete the spec ops or campaign challenge before doing the operator missions.

Huh! got 40+ levels into Season 1 BP and 40+ levels into Season 2, and still had no idea about this! Thanks! I'll check the operator screen again and see what missions i have unlocked.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
I cant turn off crossplay on Pc? When i do, the game wont let me join a lobby, either plunder or BR...

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
You get access to all the best guns pretty much right away and you get an obscene amount of xp, so it's not really much of an issue.
It's double XP right now. Wait 'til it's not. Also, getting access to the best guns is meaningless if you still have to grind out 50 tiers of useless optics.
Add to that the entire loot system playing second fiddle to being guaranteed your optimal loadout every single match and this is going to make for a samey experience in the long term.

Finding awesome weapons should be a core part of the BR experience. Finding cash is way more exciting in Warzone.

BubbaKrumpz

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yay Area
TTK is good imo. You get enough time to evade and can survive multiple sniper shots when fully armored. Game is pretty much all about getting money and that's fine. Ain't nothing better than saving up and going final circle fully loaded.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I thought I read that people were able to turn off cross-play but that it prompted them to turn it back on. But they could just confirm that they did want it off.

People were even saying that the queue times were really long with cross-play off.

Huh! got 40+ levels into Season 1 BP and 40+ levels into Season 2, and still had no idea about this! Thanks! I'll check the operator screen again and see what missions i have unlocked.

They were quite lower down in the missions section before, and now they've shifted them to the operators tab.

Wait... shit I just remembered to begin with I didn't have the battlepass and I think they were actually locked missions. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to get your hopes up if that's the case. I'm not 100% to be honest...maybe they were locked because I hadn't reached the battlepass level for them... I'm not sure.

It's double XP right now. Wait 'til it's not. Also, getting access to the best guns is meaningless if you still have to grind out 50 tiers of useless optics.
Add to that the entire loot system playing second fiddle to being guaranteed your optimal loadout every single match and this is going to make for a samey experience in the long term.

Finding awesome weapons should be a core part of the BR experience. Finding cash is way more exciting in Warzone.

Yeah, you're not wrong. I think they've done it that way on purpose to get more people to buy the game.

Last edited:

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
I know I'm being totally selfish here, but I really wish they could increase the number of people in the squad now that everyone is going to have to stay home because of the virus.

Hoodbury

Oct 27, 2017
First BR game I have played and haven't gotten a win in the first couple of days. Not sure why I'm not able to do as well in this one. Bigger player count maybe? I also took a couple months off of gaming in general because we got a Netflix account so maybe I'm a bit rusty. Still enjoy it a lot but man do I want a victory.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
Is the main game as good as Warzone/Plunder ?

The main game is fun if you stick to modes like Domination which force people to move. The maps are much more complicated so they take a lot time to learn which rubs people wrong when they were used to the extremely simplistic setup of Treyarch maps.

The singleplayer is really cool as well.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an option to auto pick up things, or to tap to pickup vs rather than hold? I think BO4 has the option.

Just be careful, when turning on this option(contextual tap) there is a bug where you are no longer able to mount sheild turrets, or add money to a baloon/fulton in Plunder. Unless they have fixed it in the last day or so? Didnt play yesterday.

For others - so far I only bought the battlepass for the first season, you get enough coins in the battlepass (if you unlock enough levels, which is difficult for some as it's time consuming) to buy the next one, with a little bit of change.

I bought the game digitally like a day or 2 after launch, and once Season one came around about a week or so into, I saw that somehow I had like 1200ish or so COD points. I never bought any, I bought the standard game, no one else plays my game, etc. So not sure how I got them. So I bought the Battle pass, earned enough points in it, to buy the Season 2 BP, and now I have enough points to buy the next. But damn did it really hook me with how they set this up. For good and bad. Ive been treating the game kinda like a job now, making sure I am getting all the XP from Dailies, weeklies, Rank Progressions etc. Kinda slowed down now that WZ is out, What I have really been waiting for, I'm near the end of this BP, and we have all the 2x tokens on for a week, so not really sweating leveling things up, I should get everything done by the time the tokens end.

I cant turn off crossplay on Pc? When i do, the game wont let me join a lobby, either plunder or BR...
That's supposed to be a thing. It prompts you to enable it or you can't play Warzone.
I thought I read that people were able to turn off cross-play but that it prompted them to turn it back on. But they could just confirm that they did want it off.
People were even saying that the queue times were really long with cross-play off.

At least on PS4 you definitely can turn off CrossPlay for WZ. When you go to launch a game, it pops up a message saying something like, "Hey this a high player count mode and crossplay is recommended." You can either turn it back on there, or continue as is. I continued and was almost immediately dropped in a pre game lobby fight, with about 90ish people and climbing. Bottom right corner of the screen also said "Crossplay disabled" I was at work doing RemotePlay just testing if it was possible. RP isnt great here for WZ, so I just quite and went back to work. But yeah as of 2 days its totally possible on PS4, I heard you cant on Xbox though, not sure on PC. I always play with buddies on PC, so I always have crossplay on though.

Last edited:

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can almost whisper in my mic, but it's a decent mic. You can try putting it closer to your mouth and boost the volume in game, it goes up to 400%.

Otherwise, make sure you are pinging your intentions a lot. I really don't mind silent games when players are pinging. Pinging is communication. When there's absolutely nothing being communicated, it's usually a shit show.

I was really frustrated when I posted that. Duos doing their own thing, clearly communicating but not in-game, and not even pinging. So much wasted time.

I ping, I write, I give all my cash to better players. I leave good weapons for better players first.
That's how I played on Apex. That's how I play on Warzone. That's how I play.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
At least on PS4 you definitely can turn off CrossPlay for WZ. When you go to launch a game, it pops up a message saying something like, "Hey this a high player count mode and crossplay is recommended." You can either turn it back on there, or continue as is. I continued and was almost immediately dropped in a pre game lobby fight, with about 90ish people and climbing. Bottom right corner of the screen also said "Crossplay disabled" I was at work doing RemotePlay just testing if it was possible. RP isnt great here for WZ, so I just quite and went back to work. But yeah as of 2 days its totally possible on PS4, I heard you cant on Xbox though, not sure on PC. I always play with buddies on PC, so I always have crossplay on though.

ya, it seems on pc crossplay is obrigatory.

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
So I've only played a few games so far (enjoying it) but the loot seems....like there isn't much? With Apex, over time, I feel like as I loot, I'm getting more and more powerful with armor and attachments. With this game, I feel like the only thing to really loot are guns and armor plates? Like, you can't even find gun attachments, right? Or have I just not found any yet?

Fizzgig

Oct 30, 2017
So I've only played a few games so far (enjoying it) but the loot seems....like there isn't much? With Apex, over time, I feel like as I loot, I'm getting more and more powerful with armor and attachments. With this game, I feel like the only thing to really loot are guns and armor plates? Like, you can't even find gun attachments, right? Or have I just not found any yet?

You don't find gun parts. The level of the gun (blue, purple, orange etc.) determines how many attachments it will have.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017

Right no attachments, each rarity level increasing the amount of attachments on that gun. Common - 0 Attachments to Legendary - all 5 Attachments.

You can also pick up, lethals(grenades), non lethals(Flashbang), Killstreaks (Airstrick), and Field Upgrades(Dead Silence) , gasmasks, ammo and money.

To get guns with the attachments you want then you will need to either buy a drop kit from a Buy Station, or find a drop kit on the map. Opening those will let you pick a custom loadout you created before the match. A bit OP at the moment though.

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Releasing from the Gulag during the last 3 circles makes little sense because you're dropping just a pistol and people can see you swirl down from miles, shooting you out of the air like it's duck hunt. If you want to drop safely, you end up in the gass.

Respawning is fine, just don't make it a plane drop.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Third win today. Had circle peek 3 circles ahead and defended the top of the airport from 3 teams in choppers. When it was the final 3 teams I called my shot and said we're jumping off this roof and I'm throwing my airstrike to kill everyone not in cover. Worked like a charm.

Oct 30, 2017

You can find high level weapons just by looking around, or you can do contracts which seem to have higher chances of getting them. I typically always have a good weapon and I never use the drops to use custom weapons because I don't have enough levels on weapons yet.

Jamrock User

Jan 24, 2018
Whoever came up with the idea of the gulag congratulations your amazing.

youtu.be

How to Setup Crossplay Group Voice Chat on the new Call of Duty Modern Warfare

A quick guide on setting up group voice chat on ps4, PC and Xbox Cross platform, cross play servers

If there's any PC players having issues with cross platform voice chat this video helped me out.

I had so much fun playing with my console friends last night. I don't even know why guns have rarity everything drops players.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question for those playing who don't own MW.

on your standard load outs what options do you have for weapons? Are they all unlocked or do you have to level up like in MP to unlock them?

Oct 30, 2017
Question for those playing who don't own MW.

on your standard load outs what options do you have for weapons? Are they all unlocked or do you have to level up like in MP to unlock them?

You have to level them up to unlock attachments. You also have to level your player up to unlock more guns in the game.

However, you can pick up anything in the map. So you'll find guns that you haven't unlocked.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think prices should move up if you keep buying Respawn points. With that amount of money laying around, or in supply crates, or from killing or doing multiple contracts in ONE area. It's way too much money earned and I've only seen it stay at 4500.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the main game as good as Warzone/Plunder ?
Multiplayer is a mixed bag some of the base maps are chaotic and not terribly enjoyable, weapon balancing is shaky like all of these games and ground war is a total disaster of a mode, on the other hand the get feel is superb and the nighttime maps have created some all time best COD moments for me. The single player is beautiful but one of the most empty, masturbatory, pieces of military fiction I've encountered in a while, utter garbage. And the set piece design is whatev.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
I think prices should move up if you keep buying Respawn points. With that amount of money laying around, or in supply crates, or from killing or doing multiple contracts in ONE area. It's way too much money earned and I've only seen it stay at 4500.

this change would be good imo too, mid game 4.5k is kind easy to farm.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
this change would be good imo too, mid game 4.5k is kind easy to farm.

Yeah you essentially already get two chances to come back, failed the 1v1? Okay well hopefully your team can put together 4500 to bring you back. It's not like either options are particularly difficult to accomplish.

Die again? The price has to go up another couple thousand or something lol. Way too many people were getting respawned in my matches I feel haha.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
Yeah you essentially already get two chances to come back, failed the 1v1? Okay well hopefully your team can put together 4500 to bring you back. It's not like either options are particularly difficult to accomplish.

Die again? The price has to go up another couple thousand or something lol. Way too many people were getting respawned in my matches I feel haha.

actually all store items should increase price as u buy them, so u need to think carefully before buy and use something.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
actually all store items should increase price as u buy them, so u need to think carefully before buy and use something.

I agree. Anything that'll incentivize risk / reward with your money. Because as it is now my squad just farms money and just buys random shit without actually thinking about it haha.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017

Im down for this, the only problem I could forsee is not knowing off hand how much a revive will be before opening the store. You could make a mad dash to a store, with enemies around, thinking you have the right amount only to realize your teammate has already bought in your other temmate already and the price has gone up. Or the diffuclty in trying to rember how just how much each tier of revives would cost in the first place. A minor nitpick but something to consider

Last edited: