• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
So I succumbed to buying Modern Warfare Battle Pass edition but now it has to download 85GB or so?! Is it just downloading the 16GB or so patch that existing users had or can I somehow stop it and get back into the game?
Did you buy it physically or digitally? I bought the disc version last week, and it downloaded an 85GB patch when installed. Then I had to manually download four different 10GB+ packs to play multiplayer and Spec Ops... then Warzone came out and added a further 20GB patch to the equation.

The initial experience of getting MW up and running is not fun.

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire

Had a decent 4 Min stretch before my mate and I died.

Enjoying this much more than blackout and even pubg.

Made me laugh when they crossed in front of you and you didn't know which one to track :D

Sigh...

DAshbfe.png

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. I'll check again I guess - I checked after a few games (having got a fair number of kills) and every single one had zero progress. Surely it wouldn't be different for non-MW owners?
you sure you're checking the right guns? i don't own the full game but i've been levelling up guns that i've used in battle royale. i don't think it shows you the level progress on guns until you unlock them though.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an option to auto pick up things, or to tap to pickup vs rather than hold? I think BO4 has the option.

Oct 27, 2017
if you look at weapon camos it says you need to unlock them in the MP part, but owning MW I unlock stuff in BR for MP and level up guns

I owned MW before as well so I was curious how it works for f2p people. Because I feel like ActiBlizz would not let this opportunity pass to fuck people over.

Super confused about the Gulag. Just had a round where I unloaded 2 shotgun shells into a guy's chest. Then, he unloaded one into my chest (I know for sure it was my chest, lower chest and I watched the replay) from the same distance. I died in one hit. Why would that happen? Can you spawn with better weapons than the other person in Gulag?

Shotguns shoot pellets that have a bit of a random spread so it could perfectly be that he hit you with more pellets than you him, despite roughly hitting the same zone. That's why shotguns feel inconsistent at times, at least it can be mitigated with some attachments but in the Gulag you're out of luck of course.

Last edited:

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm you don't mean the Gunsmith icon right? I have to pay attention when I play this evening.

Yeah, it's the gunsmith icon. Click on it and it'll show you the blueprints for that weapon then just click on any and it'll be equipped.

Blueprints are just weapons but with attachments and a skin (or an altered model) already attached. Skins are unique for that blueprint and attachments will be equipped regardless of if you've unlocked it or not.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to get operators unlocked without purchasing the regular MW game? I have basically no interest in the main game, so I'm not shelling out money for it. I mean other than Domino, since she unlocks with the training.

Azel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 12, 2018
So i got sent a regiment invite to a group called "Corona Patients" and said sure i'll join. Now when I try to boot up the game, it hard crashes and gives me the Memory Error 13-71 . When you make a new battle.net account without a regiment, it works totally fine. Seems someone found an exploit to mess up a lot of folks' games

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to get operators unlocked without purchasing the regular MW game? I have basically no interest in the main game, so I'm not shelling out money for it. I mean other than Domino, since she unlocks with the training.

You can unlock any of them by acquiring a skin for the character.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I don't think no mic and no brain are linked, to be fair.

I'm not using a mic with randoms for example, but I'm capable of actually going for contracts on plunder, not standing in the gas in BR etc., and I'll happily let a more competent player take the lead.

I've definitely had good games when nothing has been said at all. I just wish I had more of those.

I ended up playing quite a few solo games with no fill, I enjoyed those a lot more. Most of yesterdays random games were not good. People rushing, doing their own thing, or just questionable choices... ehh. I can't wait for them to have solo and duo. Because there are tonnes of people in a duo who are requesting a fill when they shouldn't. You have to check the minimap every 2 seconds with those because they're going off doing their own thing and not even pinging. Same when engaging. Just a waste of time.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
You can unlock any of them by acquiring a skin for the character.

Is there a way to do that in-game or do I have to buy the battle pass? I have 1200 coins (I guess from when I bought BOPS4), so I could probably do that unless I want to hold on to them for some reason. But it would be cool if there was a way to work toward it in-game.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
I've definitely had good games when nothing has been said at all. I just wish I had more of those.

I ended up playing quite a few solo games with no fill, I enjoyed those a lot more. Most of yesterdays random games were not good. People rushing, doing their own thing, or just questionable choices... ehh. I can't wait for them to have solo and duo. Because there are tonnes of people in a duo who are requesting a fill when they shouldn't.

I play solo unless I'm with friends. Probably not going to win, but it can be fun. I got 6th with 4 kills earlier today as solo.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I play solo unless I'm with friends. Probably not going to win, but it can be fun. I got 6th with 4 kills earlier today as solo.

I think I'm going to do this too, it is can be way more fun after a run of bad group games with zero communication. Get to loot at your own pace, take out stragglers, sometimes whole teams if they're a bit split. It's good. I've made it into top 10 quite a few times playing like that - probably a higher chance than when playing with randoms tbh.

It usually means I end up at the gulag a lot later too, so I've had a few releases because there was no one else available (a minute or so of waiting for an opponent - sometimes less like when the gulag shut down). But it's harder to recover dropping into the second to last circle in like the military base with a pistol.

I rarely need to buy my loadout since it's usually always just dropping right next to me. I really need to settle on a perk to drop to equip fully loaded, as there are too many times where I parachute onto a loadout crate only to have 30 bullets with no ammo in sight.

I do get the feeling they're making loadouts very powerful and easy to access to encourage more people to buy the full game - which I don't agree with, but the full game is good, especially considering it will continue to get more maps for free.

And it feels so good to take out a squad solo. Little bit of a run around the buildings and you feel like a spy.

It's not like people don't have the money to buy mics, it's just that most people simply don't want to talk to people on the internet, and rightfully so most of the time.

From the experiences I've had, I wouldn't say most of the time. 19/20 people have been polite or at least civilised. In my EU games anyway.

This game needs communication. If you're not talking, you best be pinging almost constantly. I come from playing a lot of competitive overwatch and you also really need good communication in that too. Almost everyone is talking. These are not games to be shy in.

Sometimes everyone is on the same page without saying a word, but I've found that's rare. Pinging really helps in those situations but a lot of duos just don't bother, probably talking in their own separate voice chat. They should select no-fill.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The loot pool for this is a fucking joke!

all you see is scar/mp7/mg83/shotgun

they really need to put other stuff in here and I wonder why they don't.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way to do that in-game or do I have to buy the battle pass? I have 1200 coins (I guess from when I bought BOPS4), so I could probably do that unless I want to hold on to them for some reason. But it would be cool if there was a way to work toward it in-game.

I'm not sure to be honest... you can check and see if any skins are offered as completion rewards for missions. If not, they're likely all premium.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
AFAIK all the base characters/skins are unlocks from the main game. Some are campaign completion, some are co-op mission completion (called spec ops)...and maybe 1 or 2 were MP (as opposed to BR) completion.

That said, I have been playing the game free (after buying it!) and have randomly unlocked a couple of characters where i definitely didn't meet the original criteria....I also don't think any of the battle passes have had free skins in them...so I'm not sure how on earth I unlocked them! They might have been mission/bounty rewards maybe (the "Kill X people using Y device" challenges).

-Tetsuo- Daffy Duck IMHO a charitable interpretation is that F2P players want to work on their custom loadout, which in turn means levellling up guns. With a few base weapons used, it gives them a chance to rack up XP on them. It also lets new players get used to a smaller set of guns rather than having tons of different ones that handle differently.

Another reason may be balancing rarity and attachments per gun? It also means the devs have some more interest/variety to add to the game in a few weeks time.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Did you buy it physically or digitally? I bought the disc version last week, and it downloaded an 85GB patch when installed. Then I had to manually download four different 10GB+ packs to play multiplayer and Spec Ops... then Warzone came out and added a further 20GB patch to the equation.

The initial experience of getting MW up and running is not fun.
Nah bought it digitally through the in-game store. I figured that the 85GB download of Warzone would include the base game considering all the operators etc are there and the main menu is even present but not accessible.

blacklotus

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How do people not have mics in 2020. I don't even mind if it's your first game playing Warzone...but to play in silence is brutal with the teams ive had.

I play at night when my Daughter and my Wife, which is a nurse and is currently fucking spent from work, so I can't really use my mic.

Maybe stop judging so much?
Thanks

Rental

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, it's the gunsmith icon. Click on it and it'll show you the blueprints for that weapon then just click on any and it'll be equipped.

Blueprints are just weapons but with attachments and a skin (or an altered model) already attached. Skins are unique for that blueprint and attachments will be equipped regardless of if you've unlocked it or not.

So once you unlock that gun all attachments will be attached from that blueprint? I think I have a blueprint on a gun that's still locked.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I also don't think any of the battle passes have had free skins in them...so I'm not sure how on earth I unlocked them!

There have been lots in the battle pass actually. Sometimes you don't need to do the campaign or spec ops missions because you can unlock them via the battle pass and their operator missions.

For others - so far I only bought the battlepass for the first season, you get enough coins in the battlepass (if you unlock enough levels, which is difficult for some as it's time consuming) to buy the next one, with a little bit of change.

I play at night when my Daughter and my Wife, which is a nurse and is currently fucking spent from work, so I can't really use my mic.

Maybe stop judging so much?
Thanks

I can almost whisper in my mic, but it's a decent mic. You can try putting it closer to your mouth and boost the volume in game, it goes up to 400%.

Otherwise, make sure you are pinging your intentions a lot. I really don't mind silent games when players are pinging. Pinging is communication. When there's absolutely nothing being communicated, it's usually a shit show.

I was really frustrated when I posted that. Duos doing their own thing, clearly communicating but not in-game, and not even pinging. So much wasted time.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I enabled tap to pick up and now it's not letting me deposit money into a cash balloon. Tapping. Holding. Holding then tapping. Tapping then holding. Lmao. Wtf.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I can bet you that the amount of people buying blueprints for attachments is close if not 0%. Doubly so when you got modes like Plunder where you always spawn in with a loadout and get a ton of kills and get a ton of weapon exp, on top of getting weapon exp from completing challenges and contracts.
Then it's even more pointless and just presents an artificial wall for new players to win. Makes it an even worse design choice.

KaiPow

Oct 25, 2017
Warzone is the only game this happens in, but I've gotten three Win10 BSoD in a row at random times.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Have they been in the free bits of the battle pass? I've never bought one. I genuinely haven't really looked/checked, I just get random cosmetics every now and then.

Yes, I'm pretty sure all of them were in the free bits. Usually it's every 10 or so you unlock a new operator mission. Ah I think it's my mistake. Every 10 levels of the battlepass you unlock an operator mission - and if you do those missions (easy ones), then you get the skins. I'm pretty sure this applies to the free battle pass as well, but I could be mistaken actually.

It will unlock the character for you when you reach that battlepass level so you don't need to complete the spec ops or campaign challenge before doing the operator missions.

Hmm alright, I must have overlooked something then yesterday, thanks :)

It's not the gunsmith. In the gunsmith you can customise the attachments, the camos, reticles and stickers - as well as saving the setup (4 or 5 per gun).

It's a bit confusing.

To equip a blueprint you actually need to click on the gun, not the gunsmith, then find the gun again but don't select it, press the arrow to the right of it and it will list your blueprints and your saved loadouts for that gun.

I fumbled with that all the time in the beginning. It could have been designed better and had the blueprints in the gunsmith under a separate tab, like they did for the customisation for the reticles and camos etc. It should have been all in one place imo.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I'm pretty sure all of them were in the free bits. Usually it's every 10 or so you unlock a new operator mission. Ah I think it's my mistake. Every 10 levels of the battlepass you unlock an operator mission - and if you do those missions (easy ones), then you get the skins. I'm pretty sure this applies to the free battle pass as well, but I could be mistaken actually.

It will unlock the character for you when you reach that battlepass level so you don't need to complete the spec ops or campaign challenge before doing the operator missions.

It's not the gunsmith. In the gunsmith you can customise the attachments, the camos, reticles and stickers - as well as saving the setup (4 or 5 per gun).

It's a bit confusing.

To equip a blueprint you actually need to click on the gun, not the gunsmith, then find the gun again but don't select it, press the arrow to the right of it and it will list your blueprints and your saved loadouts for that gun.

I fumbled with that all the time in the beginning. It could have been designed better and had the blueprints in the gunsmith.

Thanks for the explanation, much appreciated! :)