• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Not sure I like this much. Feels very disjointed with all the weird stuff like Gulag, Buyback, Purchase Stations, Killstreaks, Loadout Drops, etc. The map just feels like a bunch of random shit thrown together too. Very little flow for me thus far.
Not sure what you're used to/expecting in regard to the map, but I feel that's one of the charms of BR, both in terms of gameplay and aesthetic.
Take Apex's second map, World's Edge. It's got lava pits, frozen cities, rolling hills, a functioning train... It's basically a whole Sonic the Hedgehog game in a single map. As to the gameplay side, it's only been out for a few days. It'll naturally take some time to figure out some decent rotations and circle paths.

Also, I get that the "kitchen sink" vibe of the map feels more striking because the setting is more realistic, and it's like a whole city has been squashed together. But considering the ambition of the player count and map size, I think it'll start to make sense after people have spent more time with it.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Plunder is the game/mode I didn't know I wanted until I played it.

Haven't even tried the BR since I don't feel like getting stressed with something super competitive. Definitely feeling BR fatigue from having played tons of PUBG and such in the past.

But Plunder? Hell yeah. My friends and I have enjoyed it so far. Far more chill and seems like the kind of thing we'll hop into every so often.

criesofthepast

Crash Test Dummy
Oct 25, 2017
Kept getting dev error 6068 and just uninstalled the game. Could not get into training. Wanted to try the game out but not feeling like spending hours fixing it. Just dont have the time. Searched a bit tried some things but just could not get it to work. Sucks.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
kotaku.com

How To Increase Footstep Volume In Call of Duty Warzone

Earlier this week, Activision released Warzone for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Warzone is a free-to-play Call of Duty battle royale, similar in structure to popular games of the genre. The gimmick of Warzone is that it’s staggeringly massive—and that it’s a stealth game, apparently, with...

Earlier this week, Activision released Warzone for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Warzone is a free-to-play Call of Duty battle royale, similar in structure to popular games of the genre. The gimmick of Warzone is that it's staggeringly massive—and that it's a stealth game, apparently, with many players complaining that the game's footsteps are too quiet.

Ah it makes sense now. Theres no footsteps because its a stealth game.

Exposure

Oct 25, 2017
Huh, you can accidentally shoot your own vehicle with a rocket launcher.

For unrelated reasons I think I'm going take a break from the game for now.

But seriously I am legitimately just going "man why isn't this more like Apex" with so many things that anoy me that I've hit the realization that...I just clearly want to play Apex more, it's the BR I have friends to play because most of them looked at Warzone's 80GB+ install size and just went nope, and honestly outside of the core gunplay I don't really like Modern Warfare's gameplay that much, and I've been trying to force myself to like it especially when the intent of the devs is to try making it more MW familiar rather than being a full BR remix.

...ok I am super annoyed with that friendly fire incident, if only because that's apparently the only way to actually commit friendly fire in this game. Which is why I was super thrown off by instead of getting "oh I've accidentally killed myself" when the pilot shifted the helicopter just enough for the crosshair to be over it, I got "whoops accidentally murdered my entire squad just when we were doing super well".

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
Plunder is the game/mode I didn't know I wanted until I played it.

Haven't even tried the BR since I don't feel like getting stressed with something super competitive. Definitely feeling BR fatigue from having played tons of PUBG and such in the past.

But Plunder? Hell yeah. My friends and I have enjoyed it so far. Far more chill and seems like the kind of thing we'll hop into every so often.
I concur completely!
It's kinda stressseliefing sneaking around collecting cash without being constantly chased by the fact of the ring.

SixelAlexiS

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
The fact that you can use custom loadout is big bull**it that gives advantages to who has the regular game and have unlocked all stuff, it's a sort of P2W in some way...

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I wish you just appeared in the Gulag, I know you can skip that cut scene after a few seconds but I just want it to be quicker.

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you can use custom loadout is big bull**it that gives advantages to who has the regular game and have unlocked all stuff, it's a sort of P2W in some way...

Do we know if you can level up weapons in Plunder?

As I'm not a MW player I feel like I'm at a big disadvantage right now, but I'm leveling up pretty quickly. Just need a way to level up some of the guns I want to try out.

Haven't tried Plunder, but if I can level up weapons playing that, than I'll give that a go and should be good.

Boclfon479

Oct 25, 2017

As I'm not a MW player I feel like I'm at a big disadvantage right now, but I'm leveling up pretty quickly. Just need a way to level up some of the guns I want to try out.

Haven't tried Plunder, but if I can level up weapons playing that, than I'll give that a go and should be good.

you absolutely can level up weapons in plunder and Warzone. In fact, I almost think it gives waaay more so then regular multiplayer, between the double xp and the misc xp you get in a match.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone in EU semi competent and with a mic who wants to play right now? Preferably on PC but since it's era and you have a mic, I don't mind.

I'm DONE with randos with no mics and no brain. The discord is brand new, not enough have joined yet.

*queues again*

- sees another duo with [420] tags. Back out of that one...

How do people not have mics in 2020. I don't even mind if it's your first game playing Warzone...but to play in silence is brutal with the teams ive had.

It's not like people don't have the money to buy mics, it's just that most people simply don't want to talk to people on the internet, and rightfully so most of the time.

Velikost

Oct 28, 2017

You can

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Any one else having this weird issue?

Same thing happens during actual matches whenever teammates pick up contracts regardless of distance from them?

Yes exactly the same on an Xbox one X. Same frame rate issue and beeping. Only happened once, when I was in a team of randoms, and went away as soon as the contract expired. Looting and hitching a ride on a quad bike was quite a painful experience!

Dringus

Oct 27, 2017
Any one else having this weird issue?

Same thing happens during actual matches whenever teammates pick up contracts regardless of distance from them?

I had this happen! I thought it was because my download was corrupt ( I restarted my Xbox mid download because it wasn't progressing).

It kept happening so I ended up deleting the main file and redownloading. Seemed to immediately fix the problem, contracts work fine now.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
After of night of playing for the first time, two big sticking points that I don't like and likely won't change because they are definitely wrinkles added to make it unique.

I don't think there should be a way to get custom loadouts. I feel it just makes the standard loot pointless and you can get stuff from the buy stations way too easy IMO.

Which ties into the next thing I don't like, the way players are able to get back into the game. I'm already sick of the gulag mechanic, but whatever. I just hate the fact there are so many ways of getting back into the game, it's almost like I'm playing a respawn BR mode instead of a BR. After years of playing BR games, I get the feeling we're in the final stages of the game, nope, still 30 teams left and 90+ people, yet the game has been going for a good 20 minutes or more. I think buying people back in should initially cost more and you should be limited to one purchase or purchases should increase each time you purchase one. I think $6k upfront and $1500 increase on each subsequent purchase should be the starting line.

It was OK, but I don't find myself wanting to play more of it. I'm probably gonna have my fill of it after another night or two. But those are the changes that could make me stick around for awhile longer.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
After of night of playing for the first time, two big sticking points that I don't like and likely won't change because they are definitely wrinkles added to make it unique.

I don't think there should be a way to get custom loadouts. I feel it just makes the standard loot pointless and you can get stuff from the buy stations way too easy IMO.

Which ties into the next thing I don't like, the way players are able to get back into the game. I'm already sick of the gulag mechanic, but whatever. I just hate the fact there are so many ways of getting back into the game, it's almost like I'm playing a respawn BR mode instead of a BR. After years of playing BR games, I get the feeling we're in the final stages of the game, nope, still 30 teams left and 90+ people, yet the game has been going for a good 20 minutes or more. I think buying people back in should initially cost more and you should be limited to one purchase or purchases should increase each time you purchase one. I think $6k upfront and $1500 increase on each subsequent purchase should be the starting line.

It was OK, but I don't find myself wanting to play more of it. I'm probably gonna have my fill of it after another night or two. But those are the changes that could make me stick around for awhile longer.

I agree, it's way too easy to get back in

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone in EU semi competent and with a mic who wants to play right now? Preferably on PC but since it's era and you have a mic, I don't mind.

I'm DONE with randos with no mics and no brain. The discord is brand new, not enough have joined yet.

*queues again*

- sees another duo with [420] tags. Back out of that one...

How do people not have mics in 2020. I don't even mind if it's your first game playing Warzone...but to play in silence is brutal with the teams ive had.

I don't think no mic and no brain are linked, to be fair.

I'm not using a mic with randoms for example, but I'm capable of actually going for contracts on plunder, not standing in the gas in BR etc., and I'll happily let a more competent player take the lead.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This is so fucking brutal with randoms it's not even funny
Virtually all of the fights i've taken on have had the other team acting as a team i.e. they are all close together and all 2 or 3 of them immediately react and engage in the fight.

Only come across players on their own a couple of times, and it's been near end game when they have probably lost their team.

My impression is that even random teams are sticking together more often than not, and you really really have to get the squad wipe to feel safe...if one person is still up it's very likely that you'll be facing a full team again soon, especially early to mid-game.

Late game, with the lack of money and plates (plus it's hard to get to shops) then people dying really means people dying.

I'd love to see a chart of player count, over game duration, for Fortnite and Warzone.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Sony is pretty quiet these days..

The hype will only be bigger.
Got my first win tonight. I got 10 kills, my friend got 8, and our random got 2.

Holy fuck it was exhilarating. Multiple huge gun fights that played out like movies. I couldn't believe I was living through all of it. In the end two self revives saved us and we won immediately after that.

This is one of the best BR modes I've ever played.

I am so dog shit at the Gulag. It's too stressful for me. I think I'm like 2 and 8
Just relax. As kratos would say close your heart to it.

Oct 27, 2017
Do we know if there is anything regarding the base game that f2p players can't unlock without buying the game? Like, can they unlock the post launch weapons or even the weapon camos from the base game?

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So I succumbed to buying Modern Warfare Battle Pass edition but now it has to download 85GB or so?! Is it just downloading the 16GB or so patch that existing users had or can I somehow stop it and get back into the game?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
It's a soft pay-to-win mechanic for players who don't already grind MW. That's the appeal of buying blueprints.

I can bet you that the amount of people buying blueprints for attachments is close if not 0%. Doubly so when you got modes like Plunder where you always spawn in with a loadout and get a ton of kills and get a ton of weapon exp, on top of getting weapon exp from completing challenges and contracts.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I can bet you that the amount of people buying blueprints for attachments is close if not 0%. Doubly so when you got modes like Plunder where you always spawn in with a loadout and get a ton of kills and get a ton of weapon exp, on top of getting weapon exp from completing challenges and contracts.

Even if people aren't buying blueprints, this mechanic adds in a gigantic benefit to those that already own Modern Warfare and those that decide to buy it. It also adds a grind-to-win component. This is the first major Battle Royale which doesn't have a remotely level playing field and it's a gigantic shame. I've also noticed that I don't seem to be leveling up guns I pick up via Battle Royale? If that's true that's even more despicable.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Playing on PC and shadows all seem to have this grainy\shimmering effect that is driving me nuts. Below is the best way to describe it:

This happens with all settings cranked to the max so I'm not sure exactly whats going on.

TheRed

Oct 31, 2017
Damn Battle.net is busted for me and I cant play because of it. Even deleting all of battle net and reinstalling. This sucks. Still can't believe there's no offline mode available, can't even play modern warfare campaign if I wanted to because of this always online stuff

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Even if people aren't buying blueprints, this mechanic adds in a gigantic benefit to those that already own Modern Warfare and those that decide to buy it. It also adds a grind-to-win component. This is the first major Battle Royale which doesn't have a remotely level playing field and it's a gigantic shame. I've also noticed that I don't seem to be leveling up guns I pick up via Battle Royale? If that's true that's even more despicable.

I've leveled up guns I've picked up in the game. I never use the MP5 in regular MP and have leveled it up quite a few times from getting the Purple/Orange rarity ones.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
I've leveled up guns I've picked up in the game. I never use the MP5 in regular MP and have leveled it up quite a few times from getting the Purple/Orange rarity ones.

Interesting. I'll check again I guess - I checked after a few games (having got a fair number of kills) and every single one had zero progress. Surely it wouldn't be different for non-MW owners?

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Super confused about the Gulag. Just had a round where I unloaded 2 shotgun shells into a guy's chest. Then, he unloaded one into my chest (I know for sure it was my chest, lower chest and I watched the replay) from the same distance. I died in one hit. Why would that happen? Can you spawn with better weapons than the other person in Gulag?

Cronus

Oct 31, 2017
I've seen a couple of videos on Reddit in which the crosshairs on screen are fairly small compared to standard. How do you change that?