• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Much better experience with my brother. We had one especially great round with everything you could wish for. Some decent firefights, wiping a squad but getting killed by the last guy with a rocket, surviving the Gulag together, getting back into the action, blowing an enemy truck up with an A-10 airstrike and ending 5th after some serious camping action in the inner circle. Will play some more at the weekend with hopefully a full squad.

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone help me find the perfect sensitivity for MW/Warzone? I have 1.3 sens in CS:GO, 800 DPI, 1920x1080 resolution, default fov. How does that translate to MW? Same resolution, same DPI. Which FOV do I use? Do I use legacy or indendent ADS setting?

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My god, I just realized they could probably make a Battle Royale Infected with 200 players with this...
SpecificKindElephantbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
So besides footsteps being borderline inaudible half the time and gunfire sounding the same at 100m and 400m, I noticed something even worse. Sometimes the audio source for gunfire will actually be in the wrong place, by at least 10 meters or so. Really fucked in a close range fight where an enemy can be in a completely different direction than it sounds like.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
Dropped solo (no-fill) a few games last night. Was actually pretty fun. I was able to take it at my own pace and familiarise myself with the sights and sounds of the map better than I could with constant movement and communication.

Managed to get the drop on one guy in a tiny room, then parked myself at the far wall with an RPG and waited for their buddies, who conveniently barged through the door together at the same time. Beautiful.

Is there a way to know for sure when tactical sprint is available? I guess you need to listen out for when the heavy breathing stops and just get a feel for it... Not a big fan of how this works, but I guess it's the CoD way.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Man I still think it's cheesy that you can all die, yet respawn thanks to the Gulag.. I still think being able to reposition to anywhere on the map on the respawn is way too OP. I just won a game where our entire team got wiped early on, then we won the Gulag and simply farmed the corner of the map, got a loadout drop and won the whole game.

My suggestions still remain:

-If the entire team is wiped at the Gulags, then it's simply game over. You need a remaining player alive to even compete.

-Up the Loadout cost to about $9000. This makes the supply drops more viable too. No one ever chases these because they already have the loadout they want.

-Please add more gun variety.

I know this has been beaten to death, but I just want to reaffirm that these are my only issues. The game is a total blast.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Well I got 4th place without team filling and only died because of a killstreak so I call it a victory

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
-If the entire team is wiped at the Gulags, then it's simply game over. You need a remaining player alive to even compete.
I agree with your other points, but not this one. If you're decent/fortunate enough to win the Gulag, you deserve another crack, even if your whole squad is in there. Comebacks like the one you had are part of what makes this genre so appealing.

My only other request would be: let us map ping to R1 (lethal equipment on D-pad Up).
Not sure why they don't/can't let us remap the whole controller, but hey.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with your other points, but not this one. If you're decent/fortunate enough to win the Gulag, you deserve another crack, even if your whole squad is in there. Comebacks like the one you had are part of what makes this genre so appealing.

My only other request would be: let us map ping to R1 (lethal equipment on D-pad Up).
Not sure why they don't/can't let us remap the whole controller, but hey.
I guess I just feel like we didnt deserve that comeback. Considering even just 1 of us needed to win the gulags, it makes it pretty cheap to come back from the dead and win the whole thing

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I guess I just feel like we didnt deserve that comeback. Considering even just 1 of us needed to win the gulags, it makes it pretty cheap to come back from the dead and win the whole thing
I see what you're saying. If the last team you beat to get the dub had gone the whole game without respawning, then it's effectively like you guys had 2 lives, while they only had 1. But don't be too hard on yourself. If only one of you escapes the Gulag, it's a big effort to bring the whole team back. If you all escape, you still earned it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I see what you're saying. If the last team you beat to get the dub had gone the whole game without respawning, then it's effectively like you guys had 2 lives, while they only had 1. But don't be too hard on yourself. If only one of you escapes the Gulag, it's a big effort to bring the whole team back. If you all escape, you still earned it.
Yes exactly. We got to respawn and win. A better team that dies later on just dies and that's it. That's my real issue.

I dont mind the system. I get that spending $$ technically keeps the respawning team at a disadvantage while a better team should be able to afford things like self revives and streaks.

I just think that if we all get wiped out, then the team that killed us shouldn't be thinking constantly "what if they come back? What if they're chasing us down?". In a BR game, it should be "We eliminated them all, that's it, we've secured this part of the map"

Edit: actually that's not 100% true, technically you can respawn anytime at the shop. So I guess it's fair in that respect.

I just get bothered with thinking that I eliminate a team and they could somehow still haunt us.

Last edited:

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
Any idea of what kind of performance I should be getting with an i7-8700, 16GB, GTX 970?

It doesn't run to great with everything maxed out.

Detail

Dec 30, 2018
The TTK seems really high, I dunno what it is but even with a legendary AK I have to basically put an entire clip into someone to down them.

Also the respawn mechanic, whilst cool, makes the game drag out for so long, I got 12 kills last game and a squad I wiped out came back and then basically dropped on the location we were at and won the game.

Not sure what they can do to fix that, guess it's just part of the game meta.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
I just think that if we all get wiped out, then the team that killed us shouldn't be thinking constantly "what if they come back? What if they're chasing us down?". In a BR game, it should be "We eliminated them all, that's it, we've secured this part of the map"
It's their own fault if they're not looting and relocating quickly. Could be anyone dropping in on them while recovering from a firefight.
BR is "last man standing" and a game called "Warzone" should be treated as such. You shouldn't ever feel secure until you see the chicken dinner ;)

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
It's their own fault if they're not looting and relocating quickly. Could be anyone dropping in on them while recovering from a firefight.
BR is "last man standing" and a game called "Warzone" should be treated as such. You shouldn't ever feel secure until you see the chicken dinner ;)
Fair enough. I do enjoy the game and I will agree it's not necessarily a common occurence.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
I hope we get a separate custom loadout list. I play the hardcore mode mostly so I'm used to not having to pump in a million bullets to take someone down. Only a handful. My loadouts are geared for that. They don't even hold up in core mode, let alone in Warzone.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
The worst part of Cod is coming in late and having garbage guns while everyone else has good ones. And they somehow managed to make that also a problem here. Aside from that and the bad audio, I've mostly enjoyed it so far.

Love Machine

Oct 29, 2017
Tokyo, Japan
As well as footsteps, they might consider giving the "window smash" and "door slam" sounds some more love.
Currently windows sound like you're brushing against a wind chime. Don't be afraid to crank up the Kool-Aid factor, IW.

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
The worst part of Cod is coming in late and having garbage guns while everyone else has good ones. And they somehow managed to make that also a problem here. Aside from that and the bad audio, I've mostly enjoyed it so far.
Yeah, the load outs are a real problem in this game. The pro strat is already to just quickly get enough money for your best loadout from mp.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
Are other people getting the airplane engine audio bug where it just cuts off and cycles the same 2 second engine sound? Already annoying how loud it is, this just makes it ridiculous to start off a round.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Anyone in EU semi competent and with a mic who wants to play right now? Preferably on PC but since it's era and you have a mic, I don't mind.

I'm DONE with randos with no mics and no brain. The discord is brand new, not enough have joined yet.

*queues again*

- sees another duo with [420] tags. Back out of that one...

How do people not have mics in 2020. I don't even mind if it's your first game playing Warzone...but to play in silence is brutal with the teams ive had.

Last edited:

Crumbtiny

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying the game but have consistent issues with cross party chat. Every time I play with friends on other platforms they aren't able to hear me for some reason. I can hear them fine though. Have checked all the muting options and turned my mic threshold down all the way (the few fixes i see mentioned online). Makes it tough not being able to communicate with your squad or just chat with your friends.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Had to turn on crossplay for this, that sucks it's too hard to get a lobby on PS4 without crossplay.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure I like this much. Feels very disjointed with all the weird stuff like Gulag, Buyback, Purchase Stations, Killstreaks, Loadout Drops, etc. The map just feels like a bunch of random shit thrown together too. Very little flow for me thus far.

Jedi79

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoying the game but have consistent issues with cross party chat. Every time I play with friends on other platforms they aren't able to hear me for some reason. I can hear them fine though. Have checked all the muting options and turned my mic threshold down all the way (the few fixes i see mentioned online). Makes it tough not being able to communicate with your squad or just chat with your friends.
I was having same issue tonight

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Got my first win tonight and another time came second.

I've been in the Gulag 10 times and have never died! 9 kills and 1 time I lost because I didn't realise you had to capture the flag if it takes too long.

1v1 me on rust and shipment baby! The old dog still has it.

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got my first win. At the end my heart was in my throat lol. It's the first time I'm playing a BR game, I'm surprised by how much I'm enjoying this mode.

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania
Got my first win tonight. I got 10 kills, my friend got 8, and our random got 2.

Holy fuck it was exhilarating. Multiple huge gun fights that played out like movies. I couldn't believe I was living through all of it. In the end two self revives saved us and we won immediately after that.

This is one of the best BR modes I've ever played.
Got my first win tonight and another time came second.

I've been in the Gulag 10 times and have never died! 9 kills and 1 time I lost because I didn't realise you had to capture the flag if it takes too long.

1v1 me on rust and shipment baby! The old dog still has it.
I am so dog shit at the Gulag. It's too stressful for me. I think I'm like 2 and 8