• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
could this be due to controller players partied up with m/kb computer players? When I play solo though I do end up in lobbies like this and quit out. It shouldn't be this way unless a controller player wants to get into a m/kb match

I know how it should be, but this is what I see every time I play it. This is an abnormally high amount of controller users here in this screenshot alone, and based on the fact that there are only 2 other PC players in the lobby besides me I think it's impossible that they are all queued with one or the other.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Trios with randoms is a pain lol.
I had one decent match last night (came 3rd, with one player left on each of the three teams), because the people who I was with were obviously on a party chat or discord together, as they had variations of the same user name.

Other than that, it's basically playing solo, as they won't stick with you, and they won't revive you, even if they have plenty of cash.

I'm definitely enjoying it though, even if it's a bit choppy on base PS4. My main issue is the draw distance before everything gets low poly is kinda bad, and I don't remember having this issue in Blackout.

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
It's definitely technically solid and does most things right. I think I'm just over the BR genre. I do think I'm going to try out plunder though. I just feel like If I'm going to sit and play a game for an hour or so I want that fast paced multiplayer.

Oct 25, 2017
I know how it should be, but this is what I see every time I play it. This is an abnormally high amount of controller users here in this screenshot alone, and based on the fact that there are only 2 other PC players in the lobby besides me I think it's impossible that they are all queued with one or the other.

I have games like that constantly on PC as well. I've never felt like I've been at an advantage or disadvantage, but it's definitely not working like it should.

Theecliff

Oct 28, 2017
tried soloing it for my first match. 2 kills and made the top 20, but accidentally ran into a full squad on the edge of the circle. downed one but got destroyed.

does anyone know if using weapons in Warzone levels them up? now that i've unlocked create a class i'd like to mess around with that.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've only ever played one BR before (Apex) and haven't dipped into CoD since MW2 (he says for 58th time), and while it certainly needs a little polishing in places, I'm really enjoying it.

Gulag is a neat idea. The TTK is very quick but I feel like I at least have a chance in 3/2 v 1 scenarios, whereas that was an immediate death sentence in Apex.

Overall, I'm pretty impressed.

Trios with randoms is a pain lol.
I had one decent match last night (came 3rd, with one player left on each of the three teams), because the people who I was with were obviously on a party chat or discord together, as they had variations of the same user name.

Other than that, it's basically playing solo, as they won't stick with you, and they won't revive you, even if they have plenty of cash.

I'm definitely enjoying it though, even if it's a bit choppy on base PS4. My main issue is the draw distance before everything gets low poly is kinda bad, and I don't remember having this issue in Blackout.

Hit me up if you want a buddy. I'm U.K. timezone, mind.

schemingmeat

Box

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lancashire
It's just frustrating when the game is made up of a few very distinct parts (multiplayer, campaign, battle royale, spec ops or w/e) and yet there's absolutely no way to just download the parts you need. Especially when that's exactly how it worked during CoD's Steam days!

But yeah, here's hoping the upcoming jump to SSDs is gonna have a positive effect.
You should totally be able to rid yourself of the single player campaign install once done with it (as surprisingly good as it is.)

Oct 25, 2017
im sure this question has been asked before but this is a very long thread: if i want to play warzone on PC but with a controller and only against other controller players is that doable?

lilojigsaw

Chicken Chaser
Mar 1, 2018
tried soloing it for my first match. 2 kills and made the top 20, but accidentally ran into a full squad on the edge of the circle. downed one but got destroyed.

does anyone know if using weapons in Warzone levels them up? now that i've unlocked create a class i'd like to mess around with that.

Yes you can lvl up your weapons from finding them in warzone and using them.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
I think that it's a really well made BR game

But unfortunatelly, I can't play FPS BR games :(

The fov is so narrow. Not being able to watch my sides while playing and being killed from the back and etc. is not exciting at all to me.

I love FPS games, and that's not a problem in many multiplayer games because the maps are usually not that big and vertical (and dont have so many players). Also, they have respawns.

That's also the reason why I wasnt able to get into Apex. And that game is even faster, so it's actually worse.

That's sad, because I wanted to enjoy Apex and this so much

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
These are my comparisons to Apex, which I've played 120+ hours.

I really like the reduced inventory management. At this point in Apex, I have grown tired of trying to juggle everything and blaming my loses on a sub-optimal load out (when I most likely played poorly). Conversely, I think that the reduced inventory management actually hurts unit cohesion compared to Apex.

I kind of like not having special abilities to juggle, but that again reduces the incentives for unit cohesion.

I don't get why everyone doesn't follow the jump master like Apex.

I like the respawn mechanic and being able to buy back team mates.

Pretty happy with this BR so far and will keep playing. Not sure how long I'll stick around for though.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I think that it's a really well made BR game

But unfortunatelly, I can't play FPS BR games :(

The fov is so narrow. Not being able to watch my sides while playing and being killed from the back and etc. is not exciting at all to me.

I love FPS games, and that's not a problem in many multiplayer games because the maps are usually not that big and vertical (and dont have so many players). Also, they have respawns.

That's also the reason why I wasnt able to get into Apex. And that game is even faster, so it's actually worse.

That's sad, because I wanted to enjoy Apex and this so much

You actually can change the FOV in Apex.

Oghuz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I stopped playing Apex a while ago because of the horrible lag. Been playing COD multiplayer since then and I missed a good BR game. So this came at a good time and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. So far so good.

FlipCup8822

Nov 25, 2018
These are my comparisons to Apex, which I've played 120+ hours.

I really like the reduced inventory management. At this point in Apex, I have grown tired of trying to juggle everything and blaming my loses on a sub-optimal load out (when I most likely played poorly). Conversely, I think that the reduced inventory management actually hurts unit cohesion compared to Apex.

I kind of like not having special abilities to juggle, but that again reduces the incentives for unit cohesion.

I don't get why everyone doesn't follow the jump master like Apex.

I like the respawn mechanic and being able to buy back team mates.

Pretty happy with this BR so far and will keep playing. Not sure how long I'll stick around for though.

That is the biggest thing I do not understand. Unless you specifically choose to jump solo, why do we not all jump together?

CGriffiths86

Oct 28, 2017
The game plays great which I expected as it's just Modern Warfare. I like the respawn mechanics and the simplified inventory is great and probably extra appreciated on consoles. I haven't found much I don't like except not auto dropping with the squad leader and I'm not sure how I feel about if the whole team is wiped getting to go to the Gulag, but I haven't played enough to have a great grasp of it all yet.

Forgiven Empathy

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
England
The pacing is SO good. Had a three stack last night, gotta stay had nearly constant combat, and the gulag being there along with buying people back was fun to just keep rolling.

jimtothehum

Mar 23, 2018
I only had time to play one match yesterday, but I really loved the gulag aspect. I hope it's something other games in the genre emulate.

TitlePending

The Fallen
Dec 26, 2018
That is the biggest thing I do not understand. Unless you specifically choose to jump solo, why do we not all jump together?

I couldn't even see a way to toggle "Jump together" at round launch, which would be the inverse of Apex where you can choose to jump solo.

Activision must have play tested this and have a rationale for it. Just really curious what that is.

Matzpxl

Jun 4, 2019
Brasília, Brazil
Having a blast and I'm glad the devs took their time with this mode because it has everything I love about BRs refined and tuned. The gulag/respawn systems are a really nice addition to the mode.

The weapons feel and management are great too.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn it just got 2nd place after soloing most of the match. Last two people were a squad so I think it's pretty much impossible to solo and win.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
How is your GPU performance? It swings from 60 to 110fps at 1440p on a GTX1070 (100% rendering), but it is playable. However, in the menus, that's a mess, moreover when the gsync tries to compensate all this, it flickers.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even understand how respawning works in this game

And will there ultimately be a mode where there is none?
Whats there not to understand? If you die for the first time, you get a second shot of respawning by winning in a 1v1 in the gulag.
Outside of that, your teammates can buy you back at any time with money using the stations

EscoBlades

Banned
May 31, 2019
Toronto
As a PC player... this is almost never the case. In both the core MP and now in the BR, more than half of my games since launch have had some percentage of controller users in them. Sometimes it's just me and my friend group on M/KB with the rest of the lobby being exclusively controller users. The crossplay feature has never worked perfectly/as advertised.

Last time i played MW (on PC with a controller), there was an toggle in settings to opt in to using crossplay either:

• to match up against people using the same input as you
  • to match up with people across all input types
I chose to match up with only controller players. Is that opt in still the case or not?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
The Gulag is an amazing idea and it's fun as hell. This is weirdly more like Battlefield V's Firestorm than Blackout.

One thing I wish was for weapon customization to be back. One of the defining and best features of this game is how you can customize a weapon with all sorts of attachments to transform it into a completely different weapon. I would prefer that part of the game to be represented in Warzone over these blueprints with static attachments.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
The Gulag is an amazing idea and it's fun as hell. This is weirdly more like Battlefield V's Firestorm than Blackout.

One thing I wish was for weapon customization to be back. One of the defining and best features of this game is how you can customize a weapon with all sorts of attachments to transform it into a completely different weapon. I would prefer that part of the game to be represented in Warzone over these blueprints with static attachments.

I mean it kinda is with the loot parachutes. You can get your custom load outs from there.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Last time i played MW (on PC with a controller), there was an toggle in settings to opt in to using crossplay either:

• to match up against people using the same input as you
  • to match up with people across all input types
I chose to match up with only controller players. Is that opt in still the case or not?

Yes, the opt-in still exists. It just doesn't seem to work correctly all the time.

Rocketz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Heyyy my download actually finished during the night.

Played a round of Plunder. Took a few minutes to get things figured out. Played with randoms and we got 4th. Ended up with 12 kills. Was pretty cool. Looking forward to trying some more later.

FeD

Oct 25, 2017
I can get my loadouts from multiplayer? I just saw a bunch of pre-made classes. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot.

Yes you can, when you open up the box you can click top left "custom" (I think L1/LB on consoles?) to get to the custom classes tab and your load outs are there including the perks and gadgets.