• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plngsplsh

Oct 28, 2017
Two quick questions:
- Is there an option to (completely) turn of the HUD?
- Can you communicate with enemy squads via mic if they are in the vicinity?

nikasun :D

Oct 30, 2017
Soooo, is there no way to download the F2P version once I have MW on bnet? I really only need the Warzone mode now.

MrTommo2304

Apr 4, 2019
It's a bit annoying that if I own MW, I need to have the MW disc in my PS4 to play Warzone. Whereas I'd rather just be able to play Warzone whenever I like WITHOUT also being forced to delete MW from my console, and then re-download the entire massive update - then if I want to play normal MW in the future, I'm going to have to re-download that again as well. It doesn't help the download sizes are absurd.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I just did the training, I really like how when reviving a team mate if you momentary stop (if enemies are nearby or you engage with them) you don't loose the revive progress like every other game.

Smoothcb

Oct 27, 2017
Really enjoying Plunder. Seems like a nice evolution of different games and gameplay styles. It does seem just a bit long in duration for quick pick up and play though, with my brief sample size

Oct 30, 2017
So I won't lie, every other BR I've been the 'hide in the bathtub and wait it out' kinda guy. I mean, it won me games but I always wondered why I wasn't enjoying these types of games as much as others.
So I decided to go much more aggressive in Warzone and it's a lot more fun that way. Who'd have thought it?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Played hours on Xbox last night with a mat loved it (was glad I got in early).

Downloaded the free version on PC last night but it won't let me log in, just hands on the Logging in to Activision Account after I enter my details :(

Oct 30, 2017
It's a bit annoying that if I own MW, I need to have the MW disc in my PS4 to play Warzone. Whereas I'd rather just be able to play Warzone whenever I like WITHOUT also being forced to delete MW from my console, and then re-download the entire massive update - then if I want to play normal MW in the future, I'm going to have to re-download that again as well. It doesn't help the download sizes are absurd.
Wait, do you mean that once you uninstall MW on your PS4 you can download the Warzone version and play?

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
This is one sick fucking BR, and it runs so well while looking as good as it does.

Blackout was great when it came out and I believe it would've maintained traction had it not been for Apex, and had it went F2P. But this one is a lot better than Blackout. It's a BR game for everyone, not just COD fans.

The only thing I do hope they do now is that make the BR a standalone exe so hat you don't have to download the entire game. Makes no sense when the BR is F2P.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
183gb? This is getting out of hand
MW's engine is very modern but its file management system seems to be extremely outdated even compared to older CODs. Tiny updates end up becoming 10-20GB big, and the game is just bloated in size. The map was already in the game before BR launched as they used several parts of it for Spec Ops.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I just did the training, I really like how when reviving a team mate if you momentary stop (if enemies are nearby or you engage with them) you don't loose the revive progress like every other game.
I like this - it's a nice QoL thing and should be how it works in the future. I can see that needing to do a "full" revive makes it a strategic choice...but in a game that's supposed to be more action-orientated it makes sense to let you take a break, do something, and get back on with the revive.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Wait, so you can't really deactivate Crossplay? Trying it out and when I want to play Battle Royale it forces me to use it?

Oct 30, 2017
So, I just tested it on my PC. Once you have MW in bnet, you can't just uninstall and only download the Warzone mode.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Soooo, is there no way to download the F2P version once I have MW on bnet? I really only need the Warzone mode now.

Yeah, seriously? I came to ask the same question. I'm not gonna waste almost a hundred gigabytes for multiplayer and campaign that I'll never play.

Battle.net is fucking dreadful, good grief.

e: Yeah, looks like it. I almost never really agree with the numerous store/launcher complaints, but this is really a mess.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017
While I agree that MW is cumbersomely huge in file size, you guys best get used to this kind of thing going forward, it's about to become the norm if it's not already.

Just yesterday Destiny 2 had an update, the game asks for 160 gigs for future content, I also had a single update for Rainbow Six Siege just yesterday that was 100 gigs. Not to mention the 150gb set aside for RDR2, It sucks but there's no stopping this train, 500 gb only gets you a couple of games these days ;/

Oct 27, 2017
While I agree that MW is cumbersomely huge in file size, you guys best get used to this kind of thing going forward, it's about to become the norm if it's not already.

Just yesterday Destiny 2 had an update, the game asks for 160 gigs for future content, I also had a single update for Rainbow Six Siege just yesterday that was 100 gigs. Not to mention the 150gb set aside for RDR2, It sucks but there's no stopping this train, 500 gb only gets you a couple of games these days ;/

If anything SSDs being standard next gen will hopefully push the file size down since devs don't need to have that many duplicate files anymore.

Salty AF

Oct 30, 2017
Holy shit Shroud's stream from yesterday....There's a moment around 42 minutes in where they're in a chopper and they're fighting a few teams at once. Looked intense as hell.

Keasar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Umeå, Sweden
So, quick question, how much auto-aim is there for console players? Cause it feels like a lot of my opponents just instantly target me easily and I know there is crossplay to consoles from PC.

broony

Oct 27, 2017
Played hours on Xbox last night with a mat loved it (was glad I got in early).

Downloaded the free version on PC last night but it won't let me log in, just hands on the Logging in to Activision Account after I enter my details :(

May have played a game with you last night, if your gamertag has some | | characters as bookends

ara

Oct 26, 2017

It's just frustrating when the game is made up of a few very distinct parts (multiplayer, campaign, battle royale, spec ops or w/e) and yet there's absolutely no way to just download the parts you need. Especially when that's exactly how it worked during CoD's Steam days!

But yeah, here's hoping the upcoming jump to SSDs is gonna have a positive effect.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not only the jump to SSD, but I believe Cerny? also talked about only installing the singleplayer or multplayer mode etc. next generatoin to keep the download size low.

They showed the exact same thing at the PS4 reveal event. Didn't really pan out since it's always going to be up to devs if they use it or not.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So, quick question, how much auto-aim is there for console players? Cause it feels like a lot of my opponents just instantly target me easily and I know there is crossplay to consoles from PC.

If your using M&K then your playing with M&K. Also the aim assist is the same as the Core MP so it's fickle. Sometimes feels like it can screw you over.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If your using M&K then your playing with M&K.

As a PC player... this is almost never the case. In both the core MP and now in the BR, more than half of my games since launch have had some percentage of controller users in them. Sometimes it's just me and my friend group on M/KB with the rest of the lobby being exclusively controller users. The crossplay feature has never worked perfectly/as advertised.

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
Game is great, I mean, its very well designed, fast play, Gulag think is interesting!
Shame we don't have duos or solos, but I hope they will add it soon.

This is what BFV BR should have been.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't get an open NAT type on PC. I'm stuck on Moderate.

I've forwarded the necessary ports. I've set my PC as DMZ. I don't have any sort of firewall or antivirus running.

Any ideas? The game runs fine, it's just something that's bothering me.
Don't worry, I have that problem with Xbone too constantly saying double NAT. I sit on a mobile broadband modem so it has NAT plus my ISP has NAT for 4G, thus I can never get rid of it. Just gotta deal.

You know what, I give Activision credit on rolling out the included Modern Warfare game into Warzone for standalone despite many only wanting Warzone. I am actually now really tempted to just buy Modern Warfare to play because I have heard good things about its campaign and I don't doubt I am the only one.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
As a PC player... this is almost never the case. In both the core MP and now in the BR, more than half of my games since launch have had some percentage of controller users in them. Sometimes it's just me and my friend group on M/KB with the rest of the lobby being exclusively controller users. The crossplay feature has never worked perfectly/as advertised.

Are you partying up with people using a controller? Cause if so that would explain it.

For me as a controller user I can count the number of times I've been in a lobby with a M&K user on one hand (across 4+ days of play time).

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you partying up with people using a controller? Cause if so that would explain it.

For me as a controller user I can count the number of times I've been in a lobby with a M&K user on one hand (across 4+ days of play time).

No, never - we all use M/KB. There has not been a single day that I've played MW in which I haven't been in multiple lobbies with controller users. And this goes all the way back to the beta, too.

EDIT: Just to show how common this is, I just launched the game and queued for a match by myself as a M/KB user. This was my lobby:

Y6WffUH.jpg

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
There are a couple QOL additions this has over other BRs and I wish the competition had some of these. Like the map overlay when skydiving. Or cutting your parachute for a quicker landing. That was one of my most requested features in BRs. Contracts are no different than challenges to me, and I'm not that big a fan.

Miggytronz

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia Beach, VA
Plunder Mode is quite possibly the most fun I've had with friends in a long time in a COD game. The suspense of cashing in big money payouts. The constant action due to the respawns.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Played for a few hours last night with a couple of friends (They need to get quads on here ASAP as we had one buddy left out). I love the map, it's big enough to that you can usually land somewhere with no competition for loot, I hate the Gulag thing, it's cool in theory but I am not a fan of giving people another chance if they get killed unless the mode revolves around respawning. Overall I like it, I was never a huge fan of the gunplay in Modern Warfare and this is the same, so I preferred Blackout in that aspect but I'll probably stick with this. TTK is a bit fast but again that is no different than the MP in the main game.

Plunder was pretty fun when we tried that, but I don't see us doing that too much.

Oct 25, 2017
No, never - we all use M/KB. There has not been a single day that I've played MW in which I haven't been in multiple lobbies with controller users. And this goes all the way back to the beta, too.

EDIT: Just to show how common this is, I just launched the game and queued for a match by myself as a M/KB user. This was my lobby:
could this be due to controller players partied up with m/kb computer players? When I play solo though I do end up in lobbies like this and quit out. It shouldn't be this way unless a controller player wants to get into a m/kb match