• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at streams, the map looks way more cluttered than I'd like. The city in particular looks miserable. People camping on top of 10 storey buildings and parachuting behind you in 2 seconds.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This one's definitely interesting. I think the gunplay in this is significantly better than in something like Apex Legends, but I don't know if the rest holds up.

Forcing you into a lobby of trios is dumb. Like with Apex Legends, you either play in a premade, or you're dropping hot right off the bat, and your two teammates are gonna die and leave the lobby.

The Gulag is a cool idea.

Contracts are cool.

Dunno how I feel about loadouts. They seem incredibly easy to get.

You absolutely shouldn't be able to see people on the minimap. That's bullshit.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Well this felt like my typical Battle Royale experience: Run around for 10 minutes without seeing anyone, picking up random shit. Getting shot from god knows why. Reviving through random kill in Gulag (enemy didn't even see me or was AFK, I don't know) ... running around for 10 more minutes, getting shot from god knows why. Ending up 25/150 - getting 3 level ups ... yay, I guess?

And I always forget about how awful Call of Duty multiplayer gunplay really is. There is like zero time to react. Will try again tomorrow with friends though. With friends that random shit is at least a bit fun and you can play a bit more tactical. But this genre will probably never win me over.

Acewon

Oct 2, 2018
Yeah it is easy, there is less reason to focus so much on looting... you don't need to keep looking for backpacks, scopes, higher level armour and helmets like PUGB. Get a few guns to survive, do a contract or find some cash, get your loadout...maybe pick up a self revive and you're set.

Might be a good thing...might be a lot of sitting around doing nothing.
I feel like looting is a big part of the BR genre and it keeps the game exciting between engagements because you can always find an upgrade of some sort. I watched Jackfrags loot enough cash for his own loadout in the first building he landed at(It was a big building but still).

Im sure there are alot of people that love the loadout thing and its good that its not a carbon copy of other BR's but i think it should be a bit harder to get atleast.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well this felt like my typical Battle Royale experience: Run around for 10 minutes without seeing anyone, picking up random shit. Getting shot from god knows why. Reviving through random kill in Gulag (enemy didn't even see me or was AFK, I don't know) ... running around for 10 more minutes, getting shot from god knows why. Ending up 25/150 - getting 3 level ups ... yay, I guess?

And I always forget about how awful Call of Duty multiplayer gunplay really is. There is like zero time to react. Will try again tomorrow with friends though. With friends that random shit is at least a bit fun and you can play a bit more tactical. But this genre will probably never win me over.
Modern Warfare's gunplay is god-tier. What's reaction time / ttk got to do with it?

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I haven't played so I can't personally comment on it, but for those arguing against buying loadouts, I give this counter argument with Apex used as an example.

Many times I have landed in Apex only to find terrible loot for half the game, resulting in death 15-20mins in because we didn't find any squads to engage, and every area we came across was already looted.

I realize looting is a big part of BR, but the RNG of it can really result in you just flat out wasting your time, and winning a BR mode should be more about positioning and skill rather than loot RNG.

I'm open to the idea of being able to buy your ideal loadout, but they will likely tweak the cost if it's currently too easy to acquire at the moment.

Phil me in

Nov 22, 2018
tried it on pc at 1440p and it was blurry as hell. I played the multiplayer beta on PC and it wasn't this blurry at that res. I know how blurry it is as I normally play on ps4 pro.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017

gunplay is some of the best in any FPS, and Gunsmith is amazing. I can see it being a bit of a shock with the TTK and how difficult it can be to see enemies at times. Anytime you are shot at in MW from off screen, you best bet is to take cover, or go prone as fast as possible, then determine the direction it came from and heal, before trying to engage. I mean unless they are right on top of you, then you pretty much have to engage ASAP.

Oct 28, 2017
Hey guys I looked and I wanna be 100% clear. There isn't solo BR mode right? All the modes is with teams?

Edit: when I mean solo BR is the normal everyone against everyone

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
One big complaint I have is that loadout drops (basically care packages) drop way to often. They will drop randomly on the map.

It gives you the ability to select your own pre-made class and will grant you perks which you keep untill you die. You can also buy these loadout drops but they cost the most of all the things you can buy, yet they drop in multitudes around the map for free.

Dave

Oct 26, 2017
After hating the actual game, this is really, really fun with mostly all issues resolved.

Amazing.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
One big complaint I have is that loadout drops (basically care packages) drop way to often. They will drop randomly on the map.

It gives you the ability to select your own pre-made class and will grant you perks which you keep untill you die. You can also buy these loadout drops but they cost the most of all the things you can buy, yet they drop in multitudes around the map for free.

they only drop from the sky once per game according to every streamer yesterday. And I read you can only open the one marked for you. So it will drop 6 crates in the same spot equidistant between 2 squads, once per game. But yeah you can buy as many as you can afford from buy stations anytime. i havent played yet, so correct me if something changed or misunderstood.

xRaymne

Banned
Sep 20, 2019
they only drop from the sky once per game according to every streamer yesterday. And I read you can only open the one marked for you. So it will drop 6 crates in the same spot equidistant between 2 squads, once per game. But yeah you can buy as many as you can afford from buy stations anytime. i havent played yet, so correct me if something changed or misunderstood.
I'm not sure what the mechanics are. But the part about only opening the one marked for you squad, may be true.

However they drop very soon after the game started and drop nearby. It basically ruins the looting fase. Just have to survive a few minutes before you can go get your pre-made loadout.

But again this has just been my experience right now. Played 6 matches. Seems a bit OP.

Edit: also definitely seen more marked in one game. As the gas circle progresses.

Lucifonz

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
I lost in the Gulag via flag capture. The game seemed to think I was still alive so my team mates couldn't respawn me. Once the gas started coming in I could hear my character coughing and they died (as if I was still in the Gulag).

Team mates then respawned me and this happened! I could sprint everywhere at super speed. I couldn't apply armour though and when I took damage it went straight to my health. I died shortly after as a result... But it gave some good laughs.

A bug that needs fixing, but the game is a blast!

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not sure what the mechanics are. But the part about only opening the one marked for you squad, may be true.

However they drop very soon after the game started and drop nearby. It basically ruins the looting fase. Just have to survive a few minutes before you can go get your pre-made loadout.

But again this has just been my experience right now. Played 6 matches. Seems a bit OP.

i think the ease of acquiring them will drop sigficatly once people understand the mechanics. the idea is its supposed to be high risk high reward. Because it drops an oppsing teams dropkits at the exact same location equidistant between the 2 teams. Im guessing a good amount of people arent looking out for them, or just arent going to them right now. But that will likely increase once people understand the meta and mechanics more over time. But it does seem odd if they drop early in the match. Hopefully IW is watching this stuff and makes adjustments accordingly.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
Damn my download suddenly went from avg 130mb/s to 28mb/s. Anyone else's download essentially haunted since an hour ago?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
I think I´m already done with Plunder. That`s gotta be one of the most boring modes I´ve ever played, plain looting simulator. Went in with a random, we`ve spent 10 minutes running around, opening boxes and won third place. Felt like forever.
Too bad it`s currently the only mode that doesn`t have broken matchmaking.

Warzone is quite good when people use the pinging system. But they don`t.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Is double Battle Pass on for the next week?

If I use a double xp token, does it stack? Does a double xp token even affect Battle Pass xp?

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting that there's a giant "BETA" tag now. Don't believe they marketed this as a Beta to begin with.

Wouldn't be surprised if they keep it in "beta" forever like FortNite so they also have the ability to skip certification and patch more frequently.

I'm still surprised the MS and Sony haven't required EPIC to remove that tag, or that more companies don't leave their live service games in a forever-beta state.

How can I play solo? I can't find the option.

You can't specifically. It's only trios, so you have to turn off squad-fill if you want to play alone...and then fight against other full squads.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
LOL at people throwing rocks at you during your 1v1 in the gulag.

I feel like looting is a big part of the BR genre and it keeps the game exciting between engagements because you can always find an upgrade of some sort. I watched Jackfrags loot enough cash for his own loadout in the first building he landed at(It was a big building but still).

Im sure there are alot of people that love the loadout thing and its good that its not a carbon copy of other BR's but i think it should be a bit harder to get atleast.
I agree, I think the loadout should be harder to get. It's $6000 but I think it spawns randomly sometimes too. I've seen it pretty much every game nearby.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be surprised if they keep it in "beta" forever like FortNite so they also have the ability to skip certification and patch more frequently.

I'm still surprised the MS and Sony haven't required EPIC to remove that tag, or that more companies don't leave their live service games in a forever-beta state.

You can't specifically. It's only trios, so you have to turn off squad-fill if you want to play alone...and then fight against other full squads.
You can't unless you wanna play solo in trios. If you wanna do that just turn squad fill off
Oh whoa, I swear I read you could play solo. Well, gotta give it a go with some strangers until my 2 friends can play it with me. Kinda sucks but whatevs.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
ESyKDvZUwAEKekJ

the game is now taunting me. 2 seconds today. Where my team just fell apart at the last second. 10 kills! Felt good

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
This is fun but I think Im really worn out on BR

Apex was refreshing but lacked staying power. The map visually feels bland and washed out.

And it still doesn't satisfy the itch I have to play a PUBG BR on console

I want something more tactical, slower, and where the gunplay is more hardcore. PUBGs map feels far better in its scale and diversity. Made a much more memorable impression than this game

Blackout felt much more visually appealing too

Its still fun though.

Not a fan of how cheap the air drops are.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
Is the game full of AIs ?
Unless the AI's can talk like stupid humans, then nope. None of the squads I played on were AI and all of the matches said 150/150 players found.
I was actually shocked how many people were on mics. Out of the 4 matches I played only 1 player did not have a mic. It actually reminded me of the good old days of Live. People were down to be on mics.

Deleted member 1722

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I have the F2P version and do not see the Tomagunchi in the CoD store. So you have to own MW to buy the Tomagunchi?

Deception

Nov 15, 2017
Xbox servers must be getting hammered because my 20 gb download on 300 mb speed is going to take 5 hours lol

calibos

Dec 13, 2017
Haven't played yet, but did someone say you can see other players on the mini map?

woah.

only when they shoot at you or all the time?

Zombie

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played yet, but did someone say you can see other players on the mini map?

woah.

only when they shoot at you or all the time?
There is a UAV you can buy with cash you collect in game that shows people around you on the for around 30 seconds, or when people shoot with unsilenced guns around you they temporarily show up.