• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ThisOne

Oct 27, 2017
Any word if you can turn off crossplay? I only want to play with console people and not PC people.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
Don't know why people are so worried about playing PC players. If you are gonna get outgunned, you are going to get outgunned no matter what control method you or they use.

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Have they mentioned if there will be a opportunity to pre-load this download at any point before the game actually goes live?

kingPaPi

Mar 28, 2018
Nyc/LA
Are people playing on PC who cross play forced to play at 60fps?

Because if they can play at 120-144 fps and play in ultra-wide, I don't see how that would be ok.

Last edited:

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
So saddened this won't have solos for now. I got tired of the RNG of teammates in apex and was hoping I could finally get a a great solo BR. What's the reason? Do squads make for higher player retention?

On the crossplay issue I lean towards believing Drift0r. IW already forces crossplay when playing ground war in order to have bigger player pools and faster matchmaking. Why wouldn't they do the same for a 150 player mode?

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
I just have to laugh at console players whinging about being matched with PC. Pad players get godlike aim assist.
I own both the xbox x and pc version and can confirm im right. If you can train urself to play with really high sensitivity on a Controller, you have an advantage over kbm.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TTK seems identical to MW without shield.
ARs getting easy kills from long range with iron sights on full auto.

This isn't such a problem with instant respawns, but I'm not sure I like it in a BR. With PUBG, Fortnite and Apex you have a fighting chance in most scenarios when fired upon first, but chances to turn the tables seem pretty limited here. Like the idea of Gulag as a second chance saloon though. Expect that'll get aped pretty soon!

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Input based cross play probably makes this the first battle Royale that is decent to play with a controller on PC, right?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Yet people still get lasered by controller players with aim assist and pc players complain about it a lot.
If you're using a mouse and keyboard and lose a fair gunfight to someone using a controller you're simply significantly worse than the player which killed yet
Ok? What does that mean? That now somehow every human that uses a mouse is infinitely more accurate when they are on one? That isnt how it works.
It means that if you put 2 players of similar skill level up against each other with one using a controller and the other use MKB that the MKB player is gonna win every gunfight in which they didn't fall out of their chair.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
But I watched this video and the whole time I just thought "Why would anyone play this when Apex is right there and looks so much better in virtually all of the ways?". This just looks slipshod as hell to me. From the general mechanical play of the moving and
Because this isn't Apex.

Their literally two different styles of FPS. Ones a Class BR, one isn't.

Coolduderedux

Oct 25, 2017
I just have to laugh at console players whinging about being matched with PC. Pad players get godlike aim assist.
I own both the xbox x and pc version and can confirm im right. If you can train urself to play with really high sensitivity on a Controller, you have an advantage over kbm.

You missed it a few pages back but it was people clamoring about how the most skilled console player is the equivalent of a decent PC player. smh

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah good lord at those seemingly half mile away kills with the SCAR in that video. Looks like fun, I'll play it.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
If you're using a mouse and keyboard and lose a fair gunfight to someone using a controller you're simply significantly worse than the player which killed yet

It means that if you put 2 players of similar skill level up against each other with one using a controller and the other use MKB that the MKB player is gonna win every gunfight in which they didn't fall out of their chair.

Once gain, that isn't how this works, ESPECIALLY for public BR games with 150 players. If a mouse user loses a gunfight against a controller user then yes, they are better. If you both had mice and you lost, they are better than you. If you both had controllers and you lost, they are better than you. It doesn't matter the input, it matters the player controlling the input. Only at the top levels of competition would this possibly become a problem because those players in general are many many many many times better than your average player.

And if you put 2 players at a similar skill level together, they are going to trade kills back and forth regardless of the method of control they use. If one dominates the exchange more often than not, they are just better.

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Def was the best explained video of all the changes. I suggest checking it out to get a nice introduction

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Hearing about the UAVs and regen health makes me a bit skeptical. I really just want a solid PUBG game on console.

Thankfully this sounds like it can be rectified with a hardcore mode: no health regen, no radar/UAVs/killstreaks

Looks fun

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The coolest thing are is the overlay of names when you're skydiving. Idk why it took so long but that shit is so intuitive compared to opening up the map all the time prior to jumping.

XSX

Oct 31, 2017
damn I hope I only match up with people who have internet as slow as mine. Unfair advantage!

Can't wait for crossplay, gonna be good.

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
spawning in with armor, is somewhat worrying because it tells me they knew that MW's TKK wouldn't be good for BR and instead of trying to change it accordingly instead decided to just have you spawn in with armor.

I mean if it works it works, but Modern Warfare TTK has been my biggest worry with this game. The cool thing with this approach is that armor should be plentiful since every person you kill will probably drop some.

Doctor Avatar

Jan 10, 2019
Ok? What does that mean? That now somehow every human that uses a mouse is infinitely more accurate when they are on one? That isnt how it works.

Generally? Yes that is exactly how it works.

Imagine you're in a race, but one person has a car that is faster than yours. Is that a fair race? Are you going to start harping about how "yeah but the track's the same, and someone who doesn't know how to drive will do worse in the faster car"?

This is stupid. Unfair advantage is unfair advantage.

Dusktildawn48

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
St. Louis

Imagine you're in a race, but one person has a car that is faster than yours. Is that a fair race? Are you going to start harping about how "yeah but the track's the same, and someone who doesn't know how to drive will do worse in the faster car"?

Gotta agree with this.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
The changes like automatic health region instead of medpacks and predetermined attachments on guns are really going to make this game really fast paced.

Jun 10, 2018
Watching gameplay, this is very similar to BFV's Firestorm
Yeah, I could tell that from the leaked gameplay from last month. I don't know who thought that was a good idea. I am still going to try out Warzone, but they really shouldn't have stripped everything from Firestorm as it's easily one of the worst Battle Royal games out there. It's basically a warning of what not to do with a BR game.

VaporSnake

Oct 28, 2017

Except as many other people have said, controller users actually have the advantage over KBM in this game. Of course a mouse is more accurate than a controller, but it doesn't matter when the auto aim is so aggressive that someone on controller doesn't really even have to aim.

If you don't believe me I suggest trying hardcore with KB/M, then you'll really see which is quickest on the draw, someone on a controller only has to squeeze the trigger to lock on and fire once and the competition is dead. It's extremely common in HC servers to see one controller user with a pistol running around dominating everyone on KBM with assault rifles by firing one auto aimed shot before others even have the chance to pull their gun up to center mass.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I like the concepts they borrowed-- Apex pinging and revive system. And actually I think I like their armour system, which is BFV's armour system. Not wide power differences between players, but enough difference to matter if you're not geared up.

Health regen makes sense in this context.

My only real hate is the red dots. Are they serious with that? Guess itd be interesting to try but it's gonna create so much kill thirsting.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017

So you think it is impossible for someone using a controller to have better aim than someone using a mouse for no reason other than the mouse? Lol

You put a mouse in a bad players hand and they will still be bad.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I could tell that from the leaked gameplay from last month. I don't know who thought that was a good idea. I am still going to try out Warzone, but they really shouldn't have stripped everything from Firestorm as it's easily one of the worst Battle Royal games out there. It's basically a warning of what not to do with a BR game.
I liked Firestorm.

Simple armour system, objectives across the map were fun. Im not a fan of the Fortnite weapon system. I think it's just not as fun and limits options. Really disappointed in that. It just feels like it waters down the tension.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
It seems like a good time to offer a sale on the base game too. I'd jump in at a 30% discount tomorrow if it were offered, otherwise I'll just go with the free Warzone download.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I own Modern Warfare but don't currently have it installed. What's my best option to get this installed starting now?

I saw the mode can be standalone but IDK if that can be preloaded? Would I be best off just re-downloading the entire main game?

Squirt

Oct 28, 2017
Of course. I just meant the updates to MW have been frequent and HUGE. It will probably be the same for this BR.
It sucks for sure to have to download big files, but we get it done... eventually, lol! We play fortnite together almost every night with our connection and recently bought division 2 and play that as well (that was a big download). Played Rainbowsix Siege over the weekend.. if we download something big, we usually run it at night while sleeping, pause and resume when possible. It works for now.