• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017

"Over 30 million of you have dropped in to play Warzone. Thank you to this amazing community:

Free to play was a good move.

Xyber

Oct 27, 2017
Currently the most enjoyable BR game out there, just needs some tweaks to make it even better.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I enjoy it but I can admit it's a bit too campy, the map is so, so big.
Maybe more players would help?

Oct 25, 2017
Milwaukee, WI
Is anyone else REALLY into Modern Warfare but...not loving Warzone? I feel like there's just too many systems layered over systems. So I've just been heading right back into my usual Team Deathmatch.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's incredibly fun and the end game is so exciting and tense.

It could be even better with some minor tweaks. I'm interested in seeing where they will take the game.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I'd love to see the retention curve on this one for the Day 1 cohort...

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good game but Apex is still far superior IMO. A lot of camping in Warzone.

Pitisaurio

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Deserved, the game is so to play with friends and the Gulag thing is genious (being able to respawn in a BR is godsend)

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's better than the base game, and it's TTK with armor is how I feel the actual TTK should be.

Dark Mantonio

Nov 1, 2017
Tried it for the first time last night & really enjoyed it. Hadn't played a Call of Duty game since Black Ops II.

robot

Oct 27, 2017
This was probably the best timing Activision could have possibly had, and they completely lucked into it. The mode sounds really neat so I'm glad it's doing well regardless.

Maximus

Oct 27, 2017
Is anyone else REALLY into Modern Warfare but...not loving Warzone? I feel like there's just too many systems layered over systems. So I've just been heading right back into my usual Team Deathmatch.

Yea, I'm just not too into BR, I'm tired of the genre. Warzone is alright, but the waiting and TTK is off putting. I just want the classic TDM, etc experience.

OP
OP
CountAntonio

CountAntonio

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame they are using it to trojan horse the mainline games cause I really think those modes would do well in a free to play environment as well. But the base games sell enough copies that it will probably never happen.

Quample

Dec 23, 2017
Cincinnati, OH
It's a good game but Apex is still far superior IMO. A lot of camping in Warzone.

I enjoy it but I can admit it's a bit too campy, the map is so, so big.
Maybe more players would help?

I think camping is mainly due to quick TTK compared to other BR's. That and the prevalence of snipers due to such easy loadouts.

I know they probably won't change TTK, but they really need to make it harder to get loadouts. That will take a lot of campers off roofs at least.

bounchfx

Oct 25, 2017
Muricas
gotta say, one of my favorite new parts of the game is the whole gulag/review mechanic. it introduces a whole new level of tension and anxiety and adds a ton of excitement to each match. it serves as another chance but also like a scavenger hunt to find cash when one of your teammates losing the gulag. Trying to find the cash without also being taken out by enemies is some metal gear shit and me and my friends have been fuckin loving rooting each other on when two of us are down and one has to come to the rescue. just adds so much to the experience in a good way.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
Definitely the battle royale I bounced off the fastest.

Pay to win
Grind to win
Loadout drops
Gulag
Buying Revives
Kill Streaks
Sniper dominance

Everything else is pretty much great, and I mean that, but the above issues are far too significant when there are far better designed Battle Royale games out there.

Komo

Info Analyst
Verified
Jan 3, 2019
Definitely the battle royale I bounced off the fastest.

Pay to win
Grind to win
Loadout drops
Gulag
Buying Revives
Kill Streaks
Sniper dominance

Everything else is pretty much great, and I mean that, but the above issues are far too significant when there are far better designed Battle Royale games out there.

Well uh not sure what you mean by Pay to win? Also not sure why you'd list Sniper dominance. That's literally every BR game out there.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I don't understand how me and my friend never find a third to fill in when we search? We have full set to ON.

30 million players and it can't find us a random third?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I'd imagine, wtf is grind 2 win? Also buying revives lol? Literally in every BR game out right now there's a mechanic to revive.

I think they're talking about buying the Self Revive which is uh... lol.

There is so few times people actually get it off before just dying outright.

Anyway, looks like the file size didn't deter people.