• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
TTK is fast. I never liked that. And why does it look like everybody is shooting bottles rockets out their guns? It's distracting.

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
So the game has a suppression system which slows down people when they're getting shot at, and there's a perk which allows you to see suppressed enemies through walls.... Just, why? The only thing stuff like that achieves is letting whoever shoots first getting the kill, it defeats the purpose of a proper Gunfight.
I really don't get why suppression fire is in this. Seem like it would just ruin the pace of the game. And 10 attachment, lol. Will be terribly balanced.

Cake Boss

Oct 25, 2017
XclusiveAce seems to have positive impressions of it.

The only COD youtuber I seem to trust and we share the same tastes and views in terms of what COD should be.

BTW is the Beta this weekend open to anybody on PSN or do you need a code from pre ordering?

doyneamite

Oct 26, 2018
I'm just not convinced by the destructible environments in multiplayer. I don't think it really adds anything to Call of Duty. I think I might be very oldschool in my thinking but I just have a much stronger preference for the static maps.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
I'm just not convinced by the destructible environments in multiplayer. I don't think it really adds anything to Call of Duty. I think I might be very oldschool in my thinking but I just have a much stronger preference for the static maps.
Those pieces will be destroyed in the first 30 seconds. Just like if there was a lever to hit in the treyarch games people would hit it immediately, they can't help themselves.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
How about pre-ordering on PSN?
I am confident you'd get access, but how it would work - if you'd get a code emailed, or if you can just download the beta app and have access via your PSN account - I don't know. They are heavily promoting it on PSN though, both the game and beta access so it's definitely one way you can go.

There is no early access code for physical copies
I mean, Amazon says early access to the beta on the product detail page?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
XclusiveAce seems to have positive impressions of it.

The only COD youtuber I seem to trust and we share the same tastes and views in terms of what COD should be.

BTW is the Beta this weekend open to anybody on PSN or do you need a code from pre ordering?
Grabbed off of a euro gamer article

0-CA18-F94-C5-E1-4-EFC-814-B-F21-FCBD4-F516.jpg

Jake2byFour

Oct 28, 2017
I am confident you'd get access, but how it would work - if you'd get a code emailed, or if you can just download the beta app and have access via your PSN account - I don't know. They are heavily promoting it on PSN though, both the game and beta access so it's definitely one way you can go.

I mean, Amazon says early access to the beta on the product detail page?

I don't see it on Amazon at all. That's for UK. I'm NA.

oriic

Prophet of Truth - Press
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Hungary
Early access code is activated. Any info about preload? (PS5)

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Am I understanding this combat pacing thing correctly? They have 6v6/10v10/20v20 modes? And each category has the same modes but with different player counts? So you can do 10v10 SND?

That can't be right? Lol I'm trying to figure what the big deal about what this is.

Edit: huh. So I think it is? The idea of 20v20 SND is insane. Imagine 19 people spectating you.

Last edited:

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. You can play any mode with any of the player counts. I have to admit. That is cool. But I have to wonder, wouldn't the player count be spread thin? That's already a lot of modes that are separated even further due to combat pacing. Idk. Maybe that's just me underestimating the population.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Yeah. You can play any mode with any of the player counts. I have to admit. That is cool. But I have to wonder, wouldn't the player count be spread thin? That's already a lot of modes that are separated even further due to combat pacing. Idk. Maybe that's just me underestimating the population.

24 v 24 Search and Destroy will be wild.

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's kinda stretching but I really wish you could advance your battle pass with these alphas and demos. I only have limited time to play and I only played 1 round of champion hill because I felt the urge to play CW instead so that my time went towards the BP. Bought last seasons but didn't have time to finish it.

also interesting idea with battle pacing. I know I found shipment a little stupid at first in MW19, but damn did that map and frantic twitch gameplay quickly grow on me. Will be curious to see if they can really get that shipment feeling with every map with battle pacing. Should also be great for grinding missions, as shipment was.

Oct 27, 2017
Can AAA gaming ever not be cliche, recurring trash? Not that I'd expect any different from Activision, the worst of all big publishers (in so many different ways).

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I know it's kinda stretching but I really wish you could advance your battle pass with these alphas and demos. I only have limited time to play and I only played 1 round of champion hill because I felt the urge to play CW instead so that my time went towards the BP. Bought last seasons but didn't have time to finish it.

also interesting idea with battle pacing. I know I found shipment a little stupid at first in MW19, but damn did that map and frantic twitch gameplay quickly grow on me. Will be curious to see if they can really get that shipment feeling with every map with battle pacing. Should also be great for grinding missions, as shipment was.
Well....
Beta Participation Awards – Cross-Progression, Weapon Blueprint, and More

Playing the Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta has its perks outside of getting your hands on the game before its release:

Most notably, for the first time in Call of Duty history, this Beta will feature cross-progression for the current Battle Pass in Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.

While your player and weapon levels will not carry over to the full game on November 5, you will gain Battle Pass XP towards the Season Five Battle Pass, allowing you to earn Tiers that instantly award content for Black Ops Cold War and Warzone.

ZmillA

Oct 27, 2017
can i preorder the digital version on playstation, get a beta code, and then cancel the preorder after the open beta is over?

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Do I just download the Alpha to update later to play the Beta or? Digital pre-order.
The alpha was entirely dedicated to their new mode (Champion Hill) while the beta is their traditional multiplayer only. So it`s two different things and you`ll probably need to download the beta separately.

Plum

May 31, 2018
can i preorder the digital version on playstation, get a beta code, and then cancel the preorder after the open beta is over?

It'd be easier to just find a site that does on-dispatch payments and is advertising the early access beta (like Amazon) and order/cancel it there.

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon has completely flaked it seems, and looking at other sources it seems like a nightmare to get the code out of them going through customer service. Having been on the customer service side, I don't even want to bother them for this , so I ended up just doing another pre-order from Best Buy and got an email within 5 minutes with the code. I thought Best Buy charged at the moment you pre-order, but apparently that's (no longer?) the case as nothing has actually come across my card. Hopefully the cancellation process doesn't hit any snags, but I've never had any issues with Best Buy in that past in that regard.

Kind of curious to leave my Amazon order open at this point to see when/if I ever actually get the code from them.

M. Wallace

Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Amazon has completely flaked it seems, and looking at other sources it seems like a nightmare to get the code out of them going through customer service. Having been on the customer service side, I don't even want to bother them for this , so I ended up just doing another pre-order from Best Buy and got an email within 5 minutes with the code. I thought Best Buy charged at the moment you pre-order, but apparently that's (no longer?) the case as nothing has actually come across my card. Hopefully the cancellation process doesn't hit any snags, but I've never had any issues with Best Buy in that past in that regard.

Kind of curious to leave my Amazon order open at this point to see when/if I ever actually get the code from them.

Thanks for the heads up. Prolly go the BB route too.

Also, from their site:

According to Best Buy policy, when you place your pre-order they'll authorize your form of payment with your bank, which results in a temporary authorization hold. After a few business days, the hold should be automatically released and the funds returned to your account. Shortly before release day as your order begins final processing for shipment or store pickup, they'll reauthorize your form of payment, resulting in another hold. Once your order ships or becomes ready for store pickup they'll then collect payment. Please note that pre-orders placed using PayPal are processed differently, and are charged immediately upon placing your pre-order.

Nrober

Banned
Apr 1, 2021
Not much help sorry but my Amazon code came through just over an hour ago, having pre-ordered a few hours before that. Probably not worth cancelling yet they may still come through for you. (I'm in the UK)