• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
7 new maps is pretty great, but man i just have trouble investing time in yearly games.

Wish they would go the Battlefield way, every 3 years or so.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like we're getting more new content with everything being free than we did when you had to pay for it.

Oct 27, 2017
7 new maps is pretty great, but man i just have trouble investing time in yearly games.

Battlefield is no longer the way it used to be for 4 or 1. It would be nice if it was...

We ate shit for 6 months until the first map was released for BFV.

It feels like we're getting more new content with everything being free than we did when you had to pay for it.

A pleasant change considering several games went with no paid DLC, only to deliver scraps of what was used to be the norm.

Oct 26, 2017
That's awesome. Just finished the campaign last night, and been playing the multiplayer nonstop. Game deserves it's success.

I would like to keep my sanity and live a healthier life, and not be ever stuck in a perpetual expansion shipping mode, thank you very much.
I heard game development is easy though! Just toggle stuff, drag and drop, etc. /s

Oct 25, 2017
no, you said were playing the same maps every year, which is not correct.
We've gotten these exact maps now, in three out of four Modern Warfare games. Let me reword my original statement then:

"Can we please get some other maps from older Modern Warfare games other than the exact three we get a stupid amount of times"

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I need this and the game needs this. Been playing shoot house moshpit exclusively because all the other maps barring gun runner and hackney yard are trash. Season 1 can't come soon enough.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017

Same. I find myself hesitating to invest too much time and energy in to this game knowing it'll be dead in a year or two.

I would actually prefer CoD go the GaaS route like Overwatch and Rainbow Six. Still being supported 4 years in with no sign of stopping anytime soon. There's no need to reinvent the wheel every year, it's very annoying.

Deleted member 1726

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We've gotten these exact maps now, in three out of four Modern Warfare games. Let me reword my original statement then:

"Can we please get some other maps from older Modern Warfare games other than the exact three we get a stupid amount of times"

that's more agreeable. 🤣

I do agree with you, there's a lot of other good maps that should come, but we all know whynifs

Oct 25, 2017

"A stupid amount of times"
Crash: COD 4(2007), MW2 DLC(2009), MWR(2016)
Vacant: COD4(2007), MW2 DLC(2009), MWR(2016)

Remastered doesn't really count, if you didn't want to play those maps why buy that game.
Yes Shipment was in COD4, Ghosts, WW2.

But people are asking for
Afghan: MW2(2009), IW(2016)
Terminal:MW2(2009), MW3(2011), IW(2016)
Favela:MW2(2009), Ghosts(2013)
Highrise: MW2(2009), AW(2014)
Scrapyard: MW2(2009), Ghosts(2013)
Dome: MW3(2011), Ghosts x1(2013), Ghosts x2(2013), IW(2016)
Chinatown: COD1(2003), COD2(2005), COD4(2007), WW2(2017)

MW3 maps were not very popular and have the least priority, Dome and Resistance being the exceptions.

Of MW2 maps, Sub Base is the last top tier map to never return.

Almost every COD4 map is worthy of a return besides Bog, WetWork, Shipment, Creek.
Honestly after these i'd like to see
COD4: Overgrown, Ambush, Broadcast, District, Pipeline,
MW2: Sub Base, Terminal, Bailout, Skidrow, Afghan

Last edited:

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Any idea when Crash will land?

They're calling it a content drop ... which makes it sound like a lot is going to land at once. It's not a content trickle... Crash on Dec 3rd would be SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET.

Man, I picked a good time to come back to COD. Can't believe they were selling multiplayer maps till now.

c043y

Oct 25, 2017
does everything drop on December 3rd? Or will it be a slow drip? Have they discussed or shared a schedule at all?

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Just put all the maps in, let people vote as they play them, keep the good, drop the bad.

bender

Oct 27, 2017
I had a 50-something kill streak on shipment in MW. So many great memories in that game.