• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only the ones where it's Middle Eastern terrorists attacking the west, prompting the in game discussion of what is the ethical limits of forcefully dealing with their gruesome attacks.

Look, the bottom line for me is that this game is jingoist trash with a racist streak, and I really hope the politics of gaming come under scrutiny by games journalists right when games are released.

Did you play the campaign?

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Still a lot longer than BO4's. I'll take it.

Heh

If the campaign is good I'll pick this up when it's cheaper just for that. It's hard to tell from reviews how much of the score is because the MP is good and how much is because the SP is good

5 hours is fine for a CoD campaign. If it's much longer than that it will get repetitive or they'll have to spread out their ideas/set pieces too thinly

I'm just happy the game has a campaign. If they do decide to drop them for good there won't be any reason for me to pay any attention to the IP

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
So by your logic, every modern shooter are bigoted shitholes
Ghost Recon, Call Of Duty, Medal Of Honor, and many more. Majority of the military shooters are bigoted and imperialist where Western military intervention is seen as a net good in the end and never seems to acknowledge that it was what caused the terrorist groups we have today from Al Qaeda to Taliban and ISIS from all the way back to intervening in 1970s Afghanistan to fund them against Russia.

Only Spec Ops The Line bothers to deconstruct and criticise the military shooter from the inside out.

Hawkster

Alt account
Banned
Mar 23, 2019
Ghost Recon, Call Of Duty, Medal Of Honor, and many more. Majority of the military shooters are bigoted and imperialist where Western military intervention is seen as a net good in the end and never seems to acknowledge that it was what caused the terrorist groups we have today from Al Qaeda to Taliban and ISIS from all the way back to intervening in 1970s Afghanistan to fund them against Russia.

Only Spec Ops The Line bothers to deconstruct and criticise the military shooter from the inside out.

Okay, fine. Modern shooters are bad and I'm an awful person for liking them

Happy now?

Morgan Park

Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 3, 2018
I don't know exactly what you mean. I was commenting on the words in the reviews versus the scores in some reviews. Not one sentence
Ah, I see. Thought you were referring to the brief blurbs at the top of this thread. Like the one for my review, which is one sentence.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Of course not, but there's enough footage and reviews already out to have an educated opinion. Feel free to pm me the hidden nuance since I don't want to openly spoil shit. Or I guess we could use spoiler tags.
Nah there really isnt you are making yourself sound like an idiot. There is a lot of context missing.

Last edited: